NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Freedom of Regional Leadership (abandoned)

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Freedom of Regional Leadership (abandoned)

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 am

Noticing the increase of liberations on regions with association on Nazism

Recognizing Nazism is a generally rejected ideologies

Pointing out that it is against free speech to impose liberations based on ideology and treating any kind of association as sympathy for Nazism

This act imposes the following

1.It is illegal to impose liberations based on ideology alone
2.It is illegal to impose liberations based on association
3.It is illegal to make opinionated negative claims unless proven as fact
4.It is legal though if other reasons are included in liberations
5.Anyone who is guilty of breaking the previous terms are eligible for codemning and ejection from the World Assembly if deemed necessary
Last edited by The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
An alt-historical nation loosely based on the Philippines and represents my views except for a few misclicks

New-Brussels
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New-Brussels » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:48 am

The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda wrote:Noticing the increase of liberations on regions with association on Nazism

Pointing out that it is against free speech to impose liberations based on ideology and treating any kind of association as sympathy for Nazism

5.Anyone who is guilty of breaking the previous terms are eligible for codemning and ejection from the World Assembly if deemed necessary

OOC : Aaaaa sorry but this is metagaming, also probably ideological ban who knows, not the point tho, the idea itself is illegal and you'd better just find another one :/
Last edited by New-Brussels on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
From the Rafterian Partenariat Department of Legislation,
His Holiness Todd Rafter, President of Honor

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:31 am

The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda wrote:Noticing the increase of liberations on regions with association on Nazism

OOC: It tries to change game mechanics. The basic premise of this draft is flawed. It is unsalvageable. While I am not a member of GenSec, I can still spot multiple illegalities in this.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The First German Order
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:44 am

OOC: So among other things, are we trying to make some sort of thought crime thing here? “It is illegal to make opinionated negative claims unless proven as fact”. Although I, the player behind this nation, model TFGO as some sort of Orwellian nation, this shocks me. Not only is this proposal illegal, but it is also laughable. The whole idea of this draft is stupid if you ask me. I think that the best course of action here is to scrap the draft and drop the idea.
”Nuclear strikes do not damage the phone network. The atom respects your right to a final call.” - Dumb Ideologies

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:02 am

(OOC: I know it's all ready been said, but anything in the GA does not relate to the SC, so liberations are out of the question. In future, check the rules and have a look through the passed resolutions.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:13 pm

OOC: Welcome to the World Assembly! As several other players have noted, this proposal is illegal, and the underlying idea is not salvageable. The General Assembly doesn't have the power to do most of what you're talking about here; and if Clause 3 is directed at other players outside of the roleplay context, that's an illegal metagamng violation rather than a mere contradiction of GA Res. #30, and all of this is beyond the GA's powers. Note: all of these Metagaming and game mechanics violations will be illegal in the Security Council as well. If you'd like to participate, please hang around for a while participating in other players' drafts so you can get a feel for what makes a quality resolution. Good luck!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Freedom of Regional Leadership (revised)

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:04 pm

Noticing the increase of liberations on regions with association on Nazism

3.Liberations shall not be used as a tool for ideological harrasment
6.A founder or a WA delegate may try to lift the liberation by imposing a repeal arguing that the claims made are not true or in violation of this act.
An alt-historical nation loosely based on the Philippines and represents my views except for a few misclicks

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly