NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] submitting proposals

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Arthur IV
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] submitting proposals

Postby Arthur IV » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Be it enacted by this body the World Assembly with a majority of Members voting in the affirmative

Affirming that many Regions have nations where there is only one member of of the WA

Recognizing that attempting multiple regions have no World Assembly delegate because of this reason

Further many WA members don't belong to a region

Therefore it in the interest of international security and fairness this assembly will allow individual nations to submit proposals for both the General Assembly and Security council.

However this shall not effect the current procedure needed for a proposal to reach a quorum and to be voted on.

Effective Immediately upon Passage.

The First German Order
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Arthur IV wrote:Be it enacted by this body the World Assembly with a majority of Members voting in the affirmative

Affirming that many Regions have nations where there is only one member of of the WA

Recognizing that attempting multiple regions have no World Assembly delegate because of this reason

Therefore it in the interest of international security and fairness this assembly will allow individual nations to submit proposals for both the General Assembly and Security council.

However this shall not effect the current procedure needed for a proposal to reach a quorum and to be voted on.

OOC: Metagame and game mechanic violations galore...
”Nuclear strikes do not damage the phone network. The atom respects your right to a final call.” - Dumb Ideologies

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Arthur IV wrote:Be it enacted by this body the World Assembly with a majority of Members voting in the affirmative

You cant violate game mechanics
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Welcome to the World Assembly! Unfortunately, as others have pointed out, this proposal is illegal for Game Mechanics violations. GA resolutions can't change how the game works. If you want to argue for this idea before the people who could actually implement it, start a thread in the Technical forum. Be warned, however, that this idea may not receive a lot of traction. There will be resistance.

Of course you're always welcome to move to a larger region, where you can build up the influence necessary to get people on board once you start writing GA resolutions in line with the rules and the existing body of international law. Best of luck to you!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Arthur IV wrote:Further many WA members don't belong to a region

Yeah, they do. Every nation belongs to a region (with the possible exception of one or two errored nations that are still hanging around). It's a core part of the game.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 am

(OOC: This very much violates both the game mechanics and meta gaming rule. In future check the rules.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:35 pm

OOC: So much meta gaming. Not to mention this would probably cause a major influx of crappy proposals submitted by people who don't know what they're doing.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:35 am

Arthur IV wrote:Effective Immediately upon Passage.

OOC: Why do some people insist on putting this line in their proposals? I mean, as opposed to what situation? There is no such thing as phased or delayed introduction of Resolutions in the first place, there is no game mechanic for that, so why bother saying that it will be implemented immediately? Entirely redundant.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly