NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] Regulation Of Bladed Weaponry

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:05 am

Recheve wrote:... What? A democratic vote is designed specifically to make each individual count equally.

OOC: Not in NSWA. Regional Delegates have one additional vote for every endorsement they have. It's very far from "one nation, one vote", and you can easily win a vote with just delegate votes, even if more individual nations voted against you than for you.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 am

Araraukar wrote:
Recheve wrote:... What? A democratic vote is designed specifically to make each individual count equally.

OOC: Not in NSWA. Regional Delegates have one additional vote for every endorsement they have. It's very far from "one nation, one vote", and you can easily win a vote with just delegate votes, even if more individual nations voted against you than for you.

OOC: Yup, exactly. Not all nations are equal in the World Assembly, not by a long shot. The regional votes have skewed the results many times.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Recheve
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Recheve » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: Not in NSWA. Regional Delegates have one additional vote for every endorsement they have. It's very far from "one nation, one vote", and you can easily win a vote with just delegate votes, even if more individual nations voted against you than for you.

OOC: Yup, exactly. Not all nations are equal in the World Assembly, not by a long shot. The regional votes have skewed the results many times.

What? I know I'm new to this, but are you not incredibly dissatisfied with that process?
The Republic of Recheve

AC5 "Nothing Else Comes Close"

This nation does not represent my views

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 am

Recheve wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Yup, exactly. Not all nations are equal in the World Assembly, not by a long shot. The regional votes have skewed the results many times.

What? I know I'm new to this, but are you not incredibly dissatisfied with that process?

Seeing as WA nations elect the regional delegate, it helps keep the WA interesting without too much unfairness. However, there are some who would disagree.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

The First German Order
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 am

Recheve wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Yup, exactly. Not all nations are equal in the World Assembly, not by a long shot. The regional votes have skewed the results many times.

OOC: A good bit of people are, but they can’t do much unless they submit a suggestion to the site admins and hope that they’ll approve of it. Even then it’d take a while and would most likely get rejected.
”Nuclear strikes do not damage the phone network. The atom respects your right to a final call.” - Dumb Ideologies

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:47 am

"There needs to be the word “of” between “use” and “bladed” in the first active clause."
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Recheve
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Recheve » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am

The First German Order wrote:OOC: A good bit of people are, but they can’t do much unless they submit a suggestion to the site admins and hope that they’ll approve of it. Even then it’d take a while and would most likely get rejected.

Can't we form a coalition of reformist nations, endorse one another and form independent regions, then use our new power to prevent new legislation from being passed until changes are made?
The Republic of Recheve

The First German Order
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 am

Recheve wrote:
The First German Order wrote:OOC: A good bit of people are, but they can’t do much unless they submit a suggestion to the site admins and hope that they’ll approve of it. Even then it’d take a while and would most likely get rejected.

Can't we form a coalition of reformist nations, endorse one another and form independent regions, then use our new power to prevent new legislation from being passed until changes are made?

OOC: That sounds unnecessarily complicated and unnecessary. I doubt it would do much since there’s other more people who are fine with it and there are more influencial delegates.
”Nuclear strikes do not damage the phone network. The atom respects your right to a final call.” - Dumb Ideologies

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:54 am

Recheve wrote:

OOC: Highly unlikely to ever happen. To get that kind of power would involve thousands of nations.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Recheve
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Recheve » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:06 pm

The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Highly unlikely to ever happen. To get that kind of power would involve thousands of nations.

So you take the World Assembly seriously enough to consider this proposal undeserving of discussion let alone consideration, yet don't take it seriously enough to challenge obvious corruption in a redundant system?

In fact, if I were more confrontational, why would I even consider your perspective on my proposal to be relevant? Clearly, as a Member and Delegate, you have absolutely no power whatsoever, and the only opinions I should listen to are the Delegates.

From what I'm hearing, the World Assembly is just an oligarchy thriving off the complacency of an unengaged support base. Membership in the WA is meaningless, and only serves to widen the control of NS elites.
Last edited by Recheve on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Recheve

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:08 pm

(OOC: Back on topic, what is the strength of the proposal?)
My pronouns are he/him.

Recheve
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Recheve » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm officially resigning from the World Assembly, and will no longer promote or support this proposal. If anybody wishes to take it up, they should feel welcome to copy and paste the proposal as they see fit.
The Republic of Recheve

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Recheve wrote:I'm officially resigning from the World Assembly, and will no longer promote or support this proposal. If anybody wishes to take it up, they should feel welcome to copy and paste the proposal as they see fit.

(OOC: If that is the case, change the tag in the title from [DRAFT] to [ABANDONED].)
My pronouns are he/him.

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Recheve wrote:I'm officially resigning from the World Assembly, and will no longer promote or support this proposal. If anybody wishes to take it up, they should feel welcome to copy and paste the proposal as they see fit.

:?

The GA is known as the Festering Snakepit for a reason . . .
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:15 pm

IC: Ambassador Hsu hears the news with sadness. "Oh no, we chased out another one!" he exclaims.

Wave on, wave on

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:18 pm

The New California Republic wrote:

IC: Ambassador Hsu hears the news with sadness. "Oh no, we chased out another one!" he exclaims.

IC (OOC): No, their departure was because the WA (and game) would not change the GA rules (and Game programming) to suit their whim.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

The First German Order
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:IC: Ambassador Hsu hears the news with sadness. "Oh no, we chased out another one!" he exclaims.

IC (OOC): No, their departure was because the WA (and game) would not change the GA rules (and Game programming) to suit their whim.

“So we indirectly chased ‘em out?”
OOC: That seems a bit selfish/greedy. Like the site admins don’t have the time to change the programming just because someone thinks something is a bit unfair.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:IC: Ambassador Hsu hears the news with sadness. "Oh no, we chased out another one!" he exclaims.

OOC: Well, yes and no, it was our pointing out the rules of the game that led to it, so...I guess that makes us part responsible or something.

Wave on, wave on

Recheve
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Recheve » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:33 pm

The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Well, yes and no, it was our pointing out the rules of the game that led to it, so...I guess that makes us part responsible or something.

No I just hadn't fully grasped the functions and structure of the World Assembly before I attempted to take part in it, and now that I'm aware of it, it just seems an overly frustrating bureaucracy, which imposes laws upon me that I don't actually get to vote on (at least not in a way that matters).

I believe in democracy, and if there's no opportunity for me to change the WA for the better, then there's really no benefit yielded by membership. I'd rather make my own decisions, while focusing upon more rewarding aspects of the site while my independent interests are protected under a benevolent regional founder and delegate.
The Republic of Recheve

The First German Order
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:35 pm

Recheve wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Well, yes and no, it was our pointing out the rules of the game that led to it, so...I guess that makes us part responsible or something.

No I just hadn't fully grasped the functions and structure of the World Assembly before I attempted to take part in it, and now that I'm aware of it, it just seems an overly frustrating bureaucracy, which imposes laws upon me that I don't actually get to vote on (at least not in a way that matters).

I believe in democracy, and if there's no opportunity for me to change the WA for the better, then there's really no benefit yielded by membership. I'd rather make my own decisions, while focusing upon more rewarding aspects of the site while my independent interests are protected under a benevolent regional founder and delegate.

OOC: It is a democracy, but some people are more influential than others.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:37 pm

The First German Order wrote:
Recheve wrote:

OOC: It is a democracy, but some people are more influential than others.

OOC: Just like real democracies actually.

Wave on, wave on

Recheve
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Recheve » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:44 pm

The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Just like real democracies actually.

It does show a distinct western flavour.

"That these nations shall not have been trolled in vain—that this website, under Max, shall have a new birth of "democracy"—and that the World Assembly of the delegates, by the delegates, for the delegates, shall not become influenced by the desires of the majority."
Last edited by Recheve on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Republic of Recheve

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Recheve wrote:

Clearly you don't know how to manipulate the delegate votes.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Recheve
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Recheve » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't exactly call myself Haile Selassie. I'm too confrontational to be a skilled manipulator.
Last edited by Recheve on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Recheve

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Recheve wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't exactly call myself Haile Selassie. I'm too confrontational to be a skilled manipulator.

With a good campaign, the delegate vote works in your favor. No need to quit the WA.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly