NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Ban On Cannibalism

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Libana
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Libana » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:23 pm

United Northen States Canada wrote:Cannibalism was a real common practice ages ago.
My Kingdom agree that such practice must be banned!

But we also believe that those who have practiced before cannot be targeted by this new Law.

Thanks for the response! I made sure to add that!

Libana
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libana » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:33 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:"We demand an exception clause for people stranded in the wilderness who are otherwise unable to feed themselves and who risk starvation if they fail to draw lots to determine who lives and who gets eaten. Bad enough the survivors have to undergo such an ordeal, you're now gonna prosecute them for it even when the victim willingly cuts his own throat? Talk about adding insult to injury..."

That seems very unlikely to happen, so I'm not sure if I should do that!
Last edited by Libana on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The First German Order
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:35 pm

"Still no support."
”Nuclear strikes do not damage the phone network. The atom respects your right to a final call.” - Dumb Ideologies

Libana
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libana » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:54 pm

There isn't that much left for me to add! Should I go ahead and submit it like this? It seems very straightforward to be honest, so it is not like it should be an entire essay, right? If not, what do you guys think I should add?

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Libana wrote:There isn't that much left for me to add! Should I go ahead and submit it like this? It seems very straightforward to be honest, so it is not like it should be an entire essay, right? If not, what do you guys think I should add?

“No! Once again this only targets humans, please change it.”
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Allied Sapients
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Sapients » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:06 pm

((OOC: Why did you ignore me?))
The Ambassador of the Confederacy of Allied Sapients is Lirn Jenht Olsh, who is definitely an alien of some sort.

A Tier 8, Type 8.5-ish civilization by this ranking. Has routine contact with a Tier 10, Type 7 civilization and may or may not be piggybacking on some of their tech.

Puppet of Essu Beti

The WA Headquarters
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The WA Headquarters » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:10 pm

Libana wrote:There isn't that much left for me to add! Should I go ahead and submit it like this? It seems very straightforward to be honest, so it is not like it should be an entire essay, right? If not, what do you guys think I should add?

Remember, you've only had this draft open for two days. It can takes weeks to months until a draft is good enough to be submitted. Let's start small. Make sure you have ending punctuation for all your clauses. And when you start listing off your intentions, just say "hereby," instead of The World Assembly hereby...
***NOT AN OFFICIAL NS ACCOUNT***

Our mission is to promote diplomacy and compromise for all nations in the WA.

Use the WA Headquarters to suggest proposal ideas, look for co-authors, ask for WA help and gain support all before you have to draft a proposal in the official World Assembly.

Imperial Polk County
Envoy

Founded: Aug 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Polk County » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Drane approaches the podium, his red eyes welling up, and a cigarette trembling in his left hand. “Support. You know what I hate about myself? I know what people taste like. I know that babies taste best.” He covers his face for a brief moment of pure anguish... then winks at the author and grins devilishly as he steps away.
Last edited by Imperial Polk County on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-- Herbert Jackson Drane IV, WA Ambassador of the newly independent Imperial Polk County, Population 665,000. That "xxx million" population stat? It's most certainly a typo.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:56 am

""Resolution" should not be capitalised in the defining clause."
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Libana
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libana » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 am

Aureumterra wrote:

“No! Once again this only targets humans, please change it.”

Your right, but I don't know any terms or words that would cover everyone! What would be a term that I could use?

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:44 am

“Not all nations are human.”
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Libana
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libana » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:46 am

Fauxia wrote:“Not all nations are human.”

I know, and I want to change this! However, I don't know the proper term that covers all life! If someone can tell me one, I will add it right away!

San Hieronymi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Hieronymi » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:00 am

Libana wrote:

I know, and I want to change this! However, I don't know the proper term that covers all life! If someone can tell me one, I will add it right away!

((OOC: The term normally used is sapient life.))
My Main area of work is in the WA General Assembly. Don't take my criticism personally, I don't like to see less than perfect proposals go to the floor so I have high standards.

Main Interests: Medical Resolutions and Moral Decency Resolutions.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:01 am

Libana wrote:

“Maybe remove clause four altogether. “Moral Decency” is a subjective term, and some cultures really have cannibalism in their roots.”
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Libana
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libana » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:07 am

San Hieronymi wrote:
Libana wrote:

((OOC: The term normally used is sapient life.))

Wait a minute, doesn't that still mean human?

Allied Sapients
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Sapients » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 am

Libana wrote:Wait a minute, doesn't that still mean human?

((OOC: No. My ambassador isn’t human, and there are plenty of other nations in the WA comprised of nonhuman sapients.

Now can you please answer my ambassador’s question?))
The Ambassador of the Confederacy of Allied Sapients is Lirn Jenht Olsh, who is definitely an alien of some sort.

A Tier 8, Type 8.5-ish civilization by this ranking. Has routine contact with a Tier 10, Type 7 civilization and may or may not be piggybacking on some of their tech.

Puppet of Essu Beti

Arotania
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arotania » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:24 pm

We noted your impolite refusal to address our remarks concerning lab-grown meat and autocannibalism. Do you wish to rectify this?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly