NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Resolution for the Promotion of Clinical Standards

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The First German Order
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:49 am

San Hieronymi wrote:
The First German Order wrote:OOC: I'd suggest removing clause 8 all together seeing as permitting new medicines and whatnot would be more of a national government's job. That or make it something like "if a nation's government allows...".

((OOC: As the NBMCS is sort of an extension of government I think this would be just its field. Almost a mandated department with a handful of minimal requirements. It merely ensures that such decisions are made by an expert body, and if the national government wants to prohibit something then there is always Section17.

There is no specific name so as implied at the end of section 7 "National body for the maintenance of clinical standards", is referred to as NBMCS I could always spell that out more clearly though ))

OOC: Wouldn't that be more of a Department/Ministry of Health job?
”Nuclear strikes do not damage the phone network. The atom respects your right to a final call.” - Dumb Ideologies

San Hieronymi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Hieronymi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:58 am

The First German Order wrote:
San Hieronymi wrote:
((OOC: As the NBMCS is sort of an extension of government I think this would be just its field. Almost a mandated department with a handful of minimal requirements. It merely ensures that such decisions are made by an expert body, and if the national government wants to prohibit something then there is always Section17.

There is no specific name so as implied at the end of section 7 "National body for the maintenance of clinical standards", is referred to as NBMCS I could always spell that out more clearly though ))

OOC: Wouldn't that be more of a Department/Ministry of Health job?

((OOC: In the UK that job is done by NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence), it was thinking about NICE that set me on this track. This would ensure that each country was attempting to improve standards without interfering directly in their departmental systems and ensuring that medical professionals were in the driving seat. ))
My Main area of work is in the WA General Assembly. Don't take my criticism personally, I don't like to see less than perfect proposals go to the floor so I have high standards.

Main Interests: Medical Resolutions and Moral Decency Resolutions.

The First German Order
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 am

San Hieronymi wrote:
The First German Order wrote:OOC: Wouldn't that be more of a Department/Ministry of Health job?

((OOC: In the UK that job is done by NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence), it was thinking about NICE that set me on this track. This would ensure that each country was attempting to improve standards without interfering directly in their departmental systems and ensuring that medical professionals were in the driving seat. ))

OOC: But not all nations would want a (technically) non-government organization approving medicines, revoking doctor licenses (or something like that), inviting a WA organization to their nation, etc.
”Nuclear strikes do not damage the phone network. The atom respects your right to a final call.” - Dumb Ideologies

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:52 am

"Putting numbers before each clause is not needed."
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:05 am

Kenmoria wrote:"Putting numbers before each clause is not needed."

If you even want me to consider giving you may vote, you better do it. But not for the prefatory clauses – only for the operative ones.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

San Hieronymi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Hieronymi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 am

San Hieronymi wrote:

OOC: But not all nations would want a (technically) non-government organization approving medicines, revoking doctor licenses (or something like that), inviting a WA organization to their nation, etc.

((OOC: I think they would like it far less if we started requiring minimum numbers of medical professionals in their health departments. This seems to be the only way for the WA to begin insisting on minimum standards. Ideally there would be an international minimum but the issues in some member states requires a more nuanced approach. At least it is being done by a national body that the government has power of appointment over, presuming that goes in the individual NBMCS governing document. Rather than directly by a WA agency.

I will change the clause numbering to remove the numbers of the prefatory clauses at the next draft))
Last edited by San Hieronymi on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Main area of work is in the WA General Assembly. Don't take my criticism personally, I don't like to see less than perfect proposals go to the floor so I have high standards.

The First German Order
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:31 am

San Hieronymi wrote:
The First German Order wrote:OOC: But not all nations would want a (technically) non-government organization approving medicines, revoking doctor licenses (or something like that), inviting a WA organization to their nation, etc.

((OOC: I think they would like it far less if we started requiring minimum numbers of medical professionals in their health departments. This seems to be the only way for the WA to begin insisting on minimum standards. Ideally there would be an international minimum but the issues in some member states requires a more nuanced approach. At least it is being done by a national body that the government has power of appointment over, presuming that goes in the individual NBMCS governing document. Rather than directly by a WA agency.

I will change the clause numbering to remove the numbers of the prefatory clauses at the next draft))

OOC: Well personally I think that the committee that the government makes should ADVISE the government, but not be able to flat out do something like this on their own.

San Hieronymi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Hieronymi » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:32 pm

San Hieronymi wrote:

OOC: Well personally I think that the committee that the government makes should ADVISE the government, but not be able to flat out do something like this on their own.

((OOC: Would you be happier if there was an option for the government to create it's own internal agency, providing it works to a standard acceptable to the WIMS? I don't like weakening the proposal but I'd like to be able to generate a broad agreement, as it will be hard enough to reach quorum as it is. As long as the work is being done in each nation I don't think it is a major issue who is doing the work.))

The First German Order
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:56 pm

San Hieronymi wrote:
The First German Order wrote:OOC: Well personally I think that the committee that the government makes should ADVISE the government, but not be able to flat out do something like this on their own.

((OOC: Would you be happier if there was an option for the government to create it's own internal agency, providing it works to a standard acceptable to the WIMS? I don't like weakening the proposal but I'd like to be able to generate a broad agreement, as it will be hard enough to reach quorum as it is. As long as the work is being done in each nation I don't think it is a major issue who is doing the work.))

OOC: I'd still rather that the government made committee advise the government.

San Hieronymi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Hieronymi » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 am

San Hieronymi wrote:

OOC: I'd still rather that the government made committee advise the government.

((OOC: Though as a supporter of national sovereignty I'd rather have this done by the government, as soon as you make it advisory you know lots of governments will sideline and flat out ignore it. It would be a hole a mile wide and make the resolution rather pointless. I think it would infringe more if we imposed regulations from on high. ))

The First German Order
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The First German Order » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 am

San Hieronymi wrote:
The First German Order wrote:OOC: I'd still rather that the government made committee advise the government.

((OOC: Though as a supporter of national sovereignty I'd rather have this done by the government, as soon as you make it advisory you know lots of governments will sideline and flat out ignore it. It would be a hole a mile wide and make the resolution rather pointless. I think it would infringe more if we imposed regulations from on high. ))

OOC: Most (or at least some) democratic nations wouldn’t ignore them. Anyways, I still think they should just advise. You’ve lost my support.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:06 am

OOC: I'm still looking for the "what do you want this to actually do?" thing. As in, tell me with your own words, don't just edit the proposal.

Also, the MASSIVE layers of bureaucracy are unnecessary, if you're trying to do what I think you're trying to do.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

San Hieronymi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Hieronymi » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:26 am

Araraukar wrote:OOC: I'm still looking for the "what do you want this to actually do?" thing. As in, tell me with your own words, don't just edit the proposal.

Also, the MASSIVE layers of bureaucracy are unnecessary, if you're trying to do what I think you're trying to do.

((OOC: The basic gist is to ensure that there is proper regulation in matters of medical training, practice, drug regulation etc. in each state. To ensure that such regulation is scientific while not impacting on religion and traditional beliefs. Basically ensure that each individual nation is providing a minimal level of medical infrastructure, while ensuring that the WA does not attempt to apply a one size fits all solution to the issue.

A secondary purpose is to give a legal definition to the term medical professional.

I am by nature a bureaucrat so that might explain my tendency towards it without possibly realising how much of it I'm proposing. ))
Last edited by San Hieronymi on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:49 am

San Hieronymi wrote:((OOC: The basic gist is to ensure that there is (1) proper regulation in matters of medical training, practice, drug regulation etc. in each state. To (2) ensure that such regulation is scientific (3) while not impacting on religion and traditional beliefs. Basically ensure that (4) each individual nation is providing a minimal level of medical infrastructure, while ensuring that the WA does not attempt to apply a one size fits all solution to the issue.))

OOC: Make those your clauses, only in active clause language, and you've got a good proposal that's about 10% in length of what you have now. :P Although (4) has already been done.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

San Hieronymi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Hieronymi » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:14 pm

Araraukar wrote:
San Hieronymi wrote:((OOC: The basic gist is to ensure that there is (1) proper regulation in matters of medical training, practice, drug regulation etc. in each state. To (2) ensure that such regulation is scientific (3) while not impacting on religion and traditional beliefs. Basically ensure that (4) each individual nation is providing a minimal level of medical infrastructure, while ensuring that the WA does not attempt to apply a one size fits all solution to the issue.))

OOC: Make those your clauses, only in active clause language, and you've got a good proposal that's about 10% in length of what you have now. :P Although (4) has already been done.

((OOC: I have been attempting to implement your suggestions. I think I will likely need to do more to do so but thought I would put this 6th draft forward to gauge opinion on whether it is heading in the right direction.))

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly