NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]Criminal Escape Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Gratissima
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[DRAFT]Criminal Escape Act

Postby Gratissima » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:14 am

The World Assembly,

NOTICING that as of late, nations have been dealing with more and more escaped convicts that are fleeing their nations of origin

FURTHER NOTICING that some nations still choose to exile convicts as punishment,

FURTHER NOTICING that these convicts will often continue to commit crimes in the nation they flee to or are exiled to,

HEREBY:

1. REQUIRES that a nation which has had a convicted criminal escape its borders notify all surrounding nations and/or the nation that is the possible destination of aforementioned escapee of: the escape; the criminal's physical description; and the criminal's full list of convicted crimes.

2. FURTHER REQUIRES that when a nation exiles a convict to another nation that they notify that nation of the entire situation, with all details relating to the convict, and also offer advice regarding security regarding the convict.
Last edited by Gratissima on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Reunited Republic of Gratissima
President: Aaron Leibowitz
National animal: Black bear
National motto: One cannot be a leader without having first been led.
National food: Pizza
Capital: New Richmond
Main industry: Information Technology
President's random thought of the month: "Mark Hamill was the best Joker voice... prove me wrong"

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 am

"It is a lot more neat to put line breaks after each clause to make it more readable."
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Gratissima
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gratissima » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:16 am

Kenmoria wrote:"It is a lot more neat to put line breaks after each clause to make it more readable."

"Noted, thanks for the advice."
The Reunited Republic of Gratissima
President: Aaron Leibowitz
National animal: Black bear
National motto: One cannot be a leader without having first been led.
National food: Pizza
Capital: New Richmond
Main industry: Information Technology
President's random thought of the month: "Mark Hamill was the best Joker voice... prove me wrong"

The Greater Siriusian Domain
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Siriusian Domain » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 pm

OOC: First of all, don't submit obvious drafts. You're lucky your proposal is at least legal, but other issues need to be addressed before a proposal can be submitted.

Gratissima wrote:The World Assembly,
NOTICING that as of late, nations have been dealing with more and more escaped convicts that are fleeing their nations of origin

Teran Saber: "Have you any evidence to support that claim? We've personally not notice this, though"

Gratissima wrote:FURTHER NOTICING that some nations still choose to exile convicts as punishment,

"No argument"

Gratissima wrote:FURTHER NOTICING that these convicts will often continue to commit crimes in the nation they flee to or are exiled to,

"We've seen this happen on rare occasion, but antidotal evidence cannot be used to prove a trend."

Gratissima wrote:HEREBY:
1. REQUIRES that a nation which has had a convicted criminal escape its borders notify all surrounding nations and/or the nation that is the possible destination of aforementioned escapee of: the escape; the criminal's physical description; and the criminal's full list of convicted crimes.

"Difficult to do in a timely fashion, especially in situations where there are multiple escaped convicts."

Gratissima wrote:2. FURTHER REQUIRES that when a nation exiles a convict to another nation that they notify that nation of the entire situation, with all details relating to the convict, and also offer advice regarding security regarding the convict.

"No objective argument, but this would be difficult for us in particular. Allow me to explain."

"In the Greater Siriusian Domain, the only charge that can be sentenced with exile is treason, which in the Greater Siriusian Domain is defined as an outright betrayal of the nation to an enemy in a time of war. The destination of exile is the enemy nation on the grounds that if the convict is so willing to betray their own nation for another, they might as well go all the way and completely defect. I don't think a nation that is actively at war with us would be willing to listen."

"Again, though, this is a unique case."
Last edited by The Greater Siriusian Domain on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For a mind so determined to reach the sky, on the wings of a dream!" - Sanctity, Zeppo
This nation's factbook supersedes NS stats and issues, but does not completely replace them. If there is a conflict, the Factbook is correct.

Isentran has been DENOUNCED for proposing legislation that would destroy the economy of the Greater Siriusian Domain
The Greater Siriusian Domain is a borderline Class Z9 Civilization according to this scale

Primary Ambassador: Teran Saber, Male Siriusian. Snarky, slightly arrogant.
Substitute Ambassador: Ra'lingth, Male En'gari. Speaks with emphasized "s" sounds.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:09 pm

OOC: Isn't there something on the books about exiles? Or did that one fail at vote? I know there's something on the books about extraditing criminals. I suggest further research into existing and failed previous projects.
Last edited by Araraukar on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Return to General Assembly