NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Prosthetic Body Parts Availability Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Prosthetic Body Parts Availability Act

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:02 pm

OOC: I swear I looked at every sing WA resolution before posting this, so if this turns out to be done before, then I will smack my head on my keyboard for the next 24 hours wondering why my life sucks.

NOTING that prosthetic body parts are a need of many.

FURTHER NOTING that such parts are not available to all who need them.

The World Assembly HEREBY,

DEFINES prosthetic body parts, for the purpose of this proposal, as an artificial device that replaces a missing body part on an organic sapient, which may be lost through trauma, disease, or congenital conditions, which are intended to restore the normal functions of the missing body part.

MANADATES member nations to enact the following amendments:
I. Prosthetics shall not be charged for on the spot.
a. Prosthetics can be paid for on the spot, if the consumer wishes.
b. Prosthetic charges shall tie in with personal debt if needed.

II. Issuing company is not responsible for prosthetic damages caused by consumer.
a. Above amendment shall not apply is prosthetic damage is due to manufacturing or surgical defects.

III. Prosthetics shall be insured by 3rd party insurance companies.
a. Insurance companies must be state approved to insure prosthetics.

IV. Any defective prosthetics that have been issued are issuing company’s responsibilities.
a. All defective prosthetics shall be repaired or replaced for free.
b. Consumers will get a free replacement of the same quality from said company.

DEFINES prosthetic body parts, for the purpose of this proposal, as an artificial device that replaces a missing body part on an organic sapient, which may be lost through trauma, disease, or congenital conditions, which are intended to restore the normal functions of the missing body part.

II. Issuing company is not responsible for prosthetic damages caused by consumer.
a. Above amendment shall not apply is prosthetic damage is due to manufacturing or surgical defects.

a. Insurance companies must be government approved to insure prosthetics.
b. Insurance must be bought by consumer for above amendment to apply.

IV. Any defective prosthetics that have been issued are issuing company’s responsibilities.
a. All defective prosthetics shall be refunded 100% of the money.
b. Consumers will get a free replacement of same quality from said company.

I. Prosthetics shall not be charged for on the spot
a. Prosthetics can be payed for on the spot, if the consumer wishes
b. Prosthetic charges shall tie in with personal debt

II. Issuing company is not responsible for prosthetic damages caused by consumer

III. Prosthetics shall be insured by 3rd party insurance companies
a. Insurance companies must be government approved to insure prosthetics
b. Insurance must be bought by consumer for above amendment to apply

IV. Any defective prosthetics that have been issued are issuing company’s responsibilities
a. All defective prosthetics shall be repaired or replaced for no cost to the consumer.
b. Consumers with prosthetic insurance will get a free replacement of same quality
Last edited by Aureumterra on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 14 times in total.
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Furettium looked at the draft being proposed and chuckled, "A prosthetic body part is an artificial device that replaces a missing body part. I wonder at what point some sapient robotic individual would become nothing but prosthetic body parts under this. Or what to call the artificial device that is replaced by another artificial device, as it is not a missing body part. But I suppose that is some sort of 'Ship of Thesis... They-us... Theseus' philosophy that would only effect a small portion of world assembly members. I've really got nothing constructive to add, good luck though."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:33 pm

"What you've done here is rearrange the basics of contract law for no discernible reason. I can't see how any of these changes make any difference to the consumer, and so I can't figure out what the point of this is."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:"What you've done here is rearrange the basics of contract law for no discernible reason. I can’t see how any of these changes make any difference to the consumer, and so I can't figure out what the point of this is."

OOC: This is to make sure that Prosthetics are available to all that need it in all WA member nations. Not all of these nations have the same contract laws.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:35 pm

Ferret Civilization wrote:Furettium looked at the draft being proposed and chuckled, "A prosthetic body part is an artificial device that replaces a missing body part. I wonder at what point some sapient robotic individual would become nothing but prosthetic body parts under this. Or what to call the artificial device that is replaced by another artificial device, as it is not a missing body part. But I suppose that is some sort of 'Ship of Thesis... They-us... Theseus' philosophy that would only effect a small portion of world assembly members. I’ve really got nothing constructive to add, good luck though."

OOC: Added the “organic” criteria. Thanks for the feedback!
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"What you've done here is rearrange the basics of contract law for no discernible reason. I can’t see how any of these changes make any difference to the consumer, and so I can't figure out what the point of this is."

OOC: This is to make sure that Prosthetics are available to all that need it in all WA member nations. Not all of these nations have the same contract laws.

OOC: But you haven't succeeded.

Aureumterra wrote:
I. Prosthetics shall not be charged on the spot
a. Prosthetics can be payed on the spot, if the consumer wishes

OOC: The default in most real world contract law is that delivery of goods when not specified is at the business location of the seller, at which time performance is due unless previously determined. Removing this default requirement doesn't benefit either party, is just makes delivery more complicated, as now there is automatic ambiguity in a contract which does not clearly specify place of performance.

Further, attaching prosthetic charges to personal debt opens the buyer to a variety of liens and collection efforts, which is the last thing that a person in need of a prosthesis needs.

II. Issuing company is not responsible for prosthetic damages caused by consumer

Even if the issuing company was negligent in it's design or construction? You've eradicated any kind of recourse for individuals in the event of the seller's failure to use reasonable precautions to make a product reasonably safe.

Most insurance companies don't require special government clearance to insure specific items, especially when they probably don't exceed tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. In terms of insurance payouts, that's pennies and nickles.

You've shifted the burden of manufacturing defect onto the consumer, who does not necessarily have deep pockets nor any fault in the defect, and off the party that is best suited to pay and who otherwise bears culpability.
IV. Any defective prosthesis that have been issued are issuing company’s responsibilities

Except they aren't liable for the damage of the defect, merely replacement. That doesn't help somebody who suffers, say, a traumatic brain injury as the result of their leg prosthesis giving out.

a. All defective prosthetics shall be refunded 100% of the money

Even if the defect can be repaired for less than the full cost of the prosthesis?

b. Consumers with prosthetic insurance will get a free replacement of same quality

Insurance companies that issue replacements don't issue free replacements. The cost is the cost of owning the insurance policy. You've kind of messed up the whole insurance policy with this.

On the whole, this is really bad. You don't seem to understand what you're doing or why you've done them.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:OOC: This is to make sure that Prosthetics are available to all that need it in all WA member nations. Not all of these nations have the same contract laws.

OOC: But you haven't succeeded.

Aureumterra wrote:
I. Prosthetics shall not be charged on the spot
a. Prosthetics can be payed on the spot, if the consumer wishes

OOC: The default in most real world contract law is that delivery of goods when not specified is at the business location of the seller, at which time performance is due unless previously determined. Removing this default requirement doesn't benefit either party, is just makes delivery more complicated, as now there is automatic ambiguity in a contract which does not clearly specify place of performance.

Further, attaching prosthetic charges to personal debt opens the buyer to a variety of liens and collection efforts, which is the last thing that a person in need of a prosthesis needs.

Even if the issuing company was negligent in it's design or construction? You've eradicated any kind of recourse for individuals in the event of the seller's failure to use reasonable precautions to make a product reasonably safe.

Most insurance companies don't require special government clearance to insure specific items, especially when they probably don't exceed tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. In terms of insurance payouts, that's pennies and nickles.

You've shifted the burden of manufacturing defect onto the consumer, who does not necessarily have deep pockets nor any fault in the defect, and off the party that is best suited to pay and who otherwise bears culpability.
IV. Any defective prosthesis that have been issued are issuing company’s responsibilities

Except they aren't liable for the damage of the defect, merely replacement. That doesn't help somebody who suffers, say, a traumatic brain injury as the result of their leg prosthesis giving out.

a. All defective prosthetics shall be refunded 100% of the money

Even if the defect can be repaired for less than the full cost of the prosthesis?

Insurance companies that issue replacements don't issue free replacements. The cost is the cost of owning the insurance policy. You've kind of messed up the whole insurance policy with this.

On the whole, this is really bad. You don’t seem to understand what you're doing or why you've done them.

Only the 1st two of your arguments really make sense, the rest don’t seem valid on the basis of my proposal. I’ll edit the 1st two later.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: But you haven't succeeded.

On the whole, this is really bad. You don’t seem to understand what you're doing or why you've done them.

Only the 1st two of your arguments really make sense, the rest don’t seem valid on the basis of my proposal. I’ll edit the 1st two later.

OOC: The rest of them are based on the basic concepts of tort law. If anything, they're the strongest arguments to be made. What don't you understand?

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Aureumterra wrote:I. Prosthetics shall not be charged on the spot

How can a prosthetic be charged? Is it a person?

Aureumterra wrote:a. Prosthetics can be payed on the spot, if the consumer wishes

The prosthetic gets paid? Does the prosthetic have a job then I assume?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:20 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:I. Prosthetics shall not be charged on the spot

How can a prosthetic be charged? Is it a person?

Aureumterra wrote:a. Prosthetics can be payed on the spot, if the consumer wishes

*Adds ‘for’ in both clauses*
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:How can a prosthetic be charged? Is it a person?

*Adds ‘for’ in both clauses*

OOC: It is also "paid", not "payed".
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:What don't you understand?

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Aureumterra wrote:*Adds ‘for’ in both clauses*

OOC: It is also "paid", not "payed".

OOC: Sorry, English is not my first language, I speak Icelandic.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Only the 1st two of your arguments really make sense, the rest don’t seem valid on the basis of my proposal. I’ll edit the 1st two later.

OOC: The rest of them are based on the basic concepts of tort law. If anything, they're the strongest arguments to be made. What don't you understand?

Alright, made some edits, let me know if you find more. There is also a first draft spoiler for comparison.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Orion Posthuman Republic
Secretary

Founded: Dec 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Orion Posthuman Republic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:43 pm

Aureumterra wrote:DEFINES prosthetic body parts, for the purpose of this proposal, as an artificial device that replaces a missing body part on an organic sapient, which may be lost through trauma, disease, or congenital conditions, which are intended to restore the normal functions of the missing body part.

"Just a point of information, I suppose, but I think it's worth noting that not everyone with a prosthetic limb lost their previous one by accident," Ambassador Hunt pointed out, gesturing to his matte black cybernetic left arm. "Statistically speaking, over 95% of the prosthetic limbs manufactured in our country end up replacing perfectly healthy limbs and are designed to be better than the organic ones they replaced. Under the present definition, such devices would not be considered 'prosthetic limbs' and thus would likely be technically exempt from this resolution. That being said, I'm glad to see this issue being potentially addressed."
Last edited by Orion Posthuman Republic on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Orion Posthuman Republic (OPR) - a liberal democratic capitalist post-cyberpunk oasis of multicultural extravagance and decadence that's traded in mortality for transhumanism and EDM.
FT Puppet of Avrellon. A Tier 8, Level 0, Type 9 civilization. We use most NS stats, aside from population. This nation is fairly close to my IRL political views. Theme music.
FAQ: What are posthumans?

OSN Breaking: Universal Covenant of Man breaks off diplomatic relations with the OPR for third time in last decade after exhibition of Old Earth artifacts on Sanctuary draws ire of UCM leader Father Adam bin Yahweh, who declares it blasphemy.* * * OIQ: 7853.98 -0.42 * * *  Stocks drop slightly in response to heightened tensions, though economy remains on target for a strong Q3. * * *

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Orion Posthuman Republic wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:DEFINES prosthetic body parts, for the purpose of this proposal, as an artificial device that replaces a missing body part on an organic sapient, which may be lost through trauma, disease, or congenital conditions, which are intended to restore the normal functions of the missing body part.

"Just a point of information, I suppose, but I think it's worth noting that not everyone with a prosthetic limb lost their previous one by accident," Ambassador Hunt pointed out, gesturing to his matte black cybernetic left arm. "Statistically speaking, over 95% of the prosthetic limbs manufactured in our country end up replacing perfectly healthy limbs and are designed to be better than the organic ones they replaced. Under the present definition, such devices would not be considered 'prosthetic limbs' and thus would likely be technically exempt from this resolution. That being said, I'm glad to see this issue being potentially addressed."

Ambassador, my concern is for those that desperately need the limbs, and that is whom the issue concerns. Thanks for the feedback, though, I will add an amendment addressing that. Ambassador Wyse replies.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: The rest of them are based on the basic concepts of tort law. If anything, they're the strongest arguments to be made. What don't you understand?

Alright, made some edits, let me know if you find more. There is also a first draft spoiler for comparison.

OOC: You really, really haven't made any improvements. I'll go into greater depth.

All of my previous comments remain unaddressed. You've exposed people who are generally not financially secure to aggressive collection practices here. As such, you've made amputees more vulnerable, not less, and have not actually made prostheses more available. At all.

None of my comments have been addressed here, either.

The general rule for tort action for products is that there is strict liability. That means that, with qualified exceptions, the person who is harmed by the defect does not need to prove that the manufacturer owed the general public a duty of care, but merely that the defect exists, and that the manufacturer didn't sufficiently mitigate it. That doesn't just extend to defects that deviate from the intended design, but from designs which are themselves dangerous or harmful, or even a lack of adequate labeling.

Here, you've exculpated the manufacturer, for manufacturing defects, but no other kind of defect. Further, you've not exculpated anybody else traditionally under the aegis of products liability law: distribute, designers, etc. As such, you have denied a vulnerable population the means to secure their rights, which does not improve access to prostheses.

By requiring insurance be purchased by the consumer (the end user of the prosthesis, not a reseller), you've ensured that the amputee has to pay to ensure that their prosthesis continues to work. This is pretty silly, since it is the manufacurer's responsibility to warrant their product. By passing the cost of protecting themselves to the amputee, who bears no culpability in the failure of a prosthesis, and away from the manufacturer, who bears culpability for such a failure, you've essentially turned the basic notion of fairness on it's head. People should not have to pay for the fault of the manufacturer. This is why products liability law exists.

There is an argument for people bearing the cost of their continued protection, as with car insurance or homeowner's insurance. However, this argument does not prevail in a situation where there are no risks external to the function of the product in question, as there are with cars and homes.

Except you've exculpated the company in Section II.

You have failed to consider that a defect can be repaired for a cost that does not exceed replacement. If the defect is merely a single, inexpensive piece like a gasket or a securing strap, and not something integral like a pneumatic piston or servo, then you've created an unnecessary amount of waste, and that is bad.
b. Consumers will get a free replacement of same quality from said company.

Consumers should not get a free replacement if their product had a market value at the time of destruction that was less than the cost of a replacement. If somebody destroys personal property of yours, then under most tort laws, you only get the value of the item at the time it was destroyed, and not the cost when it was new. So, for example, if you have a toy that costs $50 new, but since you have played with it and chipped the paint and maybe broke off a piece of plastic, is only worth $35, and I destroy it, you can only get $35 for the item, not the $50 of a new replacement. The same concept applies here.

Overall, your proposal still isn't very good. You don't seem to understand the underlying legal principals at play in product liability law, and nothing you've suggested in any way makes it easier or cheaper for people to acquire prostheses. The current draft appears to be utterly unsalvageable.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:26 am

"Clause IVb. requires the word 'the' before 'same' and clause."
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:23 am

Done!
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 am

Aureumterra wrote:Done!

Ooc: yet again, you've ignored all the feedback given. None of this is an improvement.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:02 am

OOC: B...but...you didn't really change anything...

Wave on, wave on

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:41 am

OOC: The following post is in in-character mode (with Johan Milkus as the acting ambassador while Janis is away), except where otherwise marked. So it would be nice to also get the replies in IC.

Before going into IC, though, going to post the basic question: Category and strength/AoE, please?

IC:
Aureumterra wrote:NOTING that prosthetic body parts are a need of many.

"A need of many" is a clumsy way of saying what I think you're trying to say, and besides, I doubt such a large portion of the population in so many WA nations is in need of prosthetics that international legislation is needed for the issue."

"Maybe in your nation. In Araraukar they are part of the basic healthcare system and thus free for citizens. Which reminds me, why do you think they would not be part of basic healthcare? These are the kinds of justifications that you should put in the preamble."

(OOC: I suggest starting the whole thing, preamble included, with "The World Assembly" and just putting "Hereby" here. Capitalizing the word is not necessary.)

"You have mismatch of plural and singular there, and also, "device"? I don't recall a non-electric prosthetic limb being called a device. Also, "on" a person? So a prosthetic heart valve would not be a prosthetic body part???" (OOC: I suggest using "person" rather than "organic sapient".)

"Also, since you seem to have different subclauses all mashed together, I would suggest using a list instead. Right now the second "which" seems to refer to trauma, disease or congenital condition."

"Amendments? What are you amending? Also, amending existing resolutions is forbidden."

"What spot? And charged? Is this proposal only meant for electric devices?"

"Again, what spot? Also, don't you mean "patient" rather than "consumer"? And in addition, you say it can be paid for on the spot, but what's the alternative payment method? And why should it cost the patient anything?"

"What on earth are "prosthetic charges"? And personal debt? What personal debt? What if a person is not indebted?" (OOC: For example, in RL, I have zero debt.)

"Again that stupid choice of using "consumer". Also, what "issuing company"? If I lose my leg and gain a new prosthetic one from the public healthcare system, what is the "issuing company"? Also, what the hell are "prosthetic damages"? You either need more definitions or less confusing word choices."

"Again, what amendment? What are you amending? And again, what is prosthetic damage? Also, surgical defects makes no fucking sense when paired with manufacturing. Surgery is something you do to living creatures, not prosthetic limbs."

"Why??? In Araraukar prosthetics are part of healthcare and thus insured same as any healthcare-related products; by the state."

"So are you mandating the creation of non-governmental insurance companies? And what are the requirements for the governmental approval? And why government-approved? Why not state-approved?"

"What amendment? What are you amending? Also, once more, patient, not consumer. And why must insurance be bought by the patient, when the prosthetics should come with either manufacturer's guarantee."

"Issued? Don't you mean manufactured?"

b. Consumers will get a free replacement of the same quality from said company.

"So they would get money back and a free replacement? Isn't that unfair to the manufacturer? Simply having a replacement for free should be sufficient, unless the defectiveness caused additional injuries."

OOC: All in all, not very convinced that this is needed or an international issue. Also, your word choices are weird, to say the least.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:05 pm

OOC: B...but...you didn't really change anything...

Ooc: yet again, you've ignored all the feedback given. None of this is an improvement.

This done was only referring to the post directly above it, I just didn’t quote it for some reason.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Alright, I made a few edits, why don’t you, instead of pointing out mistakes, suggest a way to fix it. Isn’t that what GA Secratists do?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Alright, I made a few edits

OOC: Instead of "a few edits", please address my points directly. Your arguments will be stronger and easier to understand if you reply to feedback given rather than just making some vague edits without replying.

why don’t you, instead of pointing out mistakes, suggest a way to fix it.

SP has been trying to. But other than that, if the idea's bad in our (as it certainly is in mine) opinion, it still counts as helpful to point out the mistakes and errors and bad ideas. Fixing it (or abandoning it, which might be a better idea) is your job as its writer. Replying to feedback, rather than rushing to edit the draft, helps in that process.

Isn’t that what GA Secratists do?

"GA Secretariat" and no, it's not. GenSec's only "job" (and remember they're unpaid volunteers!) is to decide on official legality challenges. EDIT: Also, I'm not in GenSec and neither is anyone else here aside from SP.
Last edited by Araraukar on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly