NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal and Replace of GA#6 “Humanitarian Transport”

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

How many would support a repeal of GA#6, to be replaced with less utopia legislation?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:59 pm

I would.
9%
I would not.
64%
Unsure.
18%
Explain to me in a telegram.
9%

Total votes : 11

Rvssyav
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Repeal and Replace of GA#6 “Humanitarian Transport”

Postby Rvssyav » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:30 pm

Just letting you all know, I have already submitted a repeal proposal of https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolution/id=6/council=1. However, I understand that this repeal may bring about some issues on the proper conduct of to ensure the safe transportation of humanitarian cargo (as defined in clause 1 of the resolution).... so here I ALSO propose to replace GA#6 once it is repealed. Feel free to add any clauses to the proposal, I will include them in my final as long as I see enough support from others to your clause.

To show support to any other proposed clause, you may simply quote/reply such clause and comment “agreed” or “support”.
[EDIT]

DISREGARD ALL... Given that my attempts were all marked illegal on the basis of disagreement, I’d like to conduct a poll first.

Here’s the draft submitted (open to suggestions):

Understanding that the resolution was created with the concern that, at the time, there was an absence of international standards ruling the militaristic behavior of member nations,

Acknowledging that this resolution fails to provide any guidance to member nations in the emergency situation of an encounter with a non-member nation (which may not be as understanding of this resolution due to their status as non-members) therefore placing member-nations at a disadvantage,

Recognizing the importance of protecting humanitarian transport, as defined in clause 1 of the resolution, as well as the sovereignty of each member nation to choose a better fitting policy to determine protection of their and their regions humanitarian transport,

Hoping that this repeal will open the floor to a better discussion, and better policy ideas regarding the issue of humanitarian transport,

The General Assembly Resolution #6 is hereby repealed.
Last edited by Rvssyav on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Ooc: it is illegal and has been so marked.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:09 pm

OOC: You may not reuse text from another resolution without permission of the author (which I can't imagine is forthcoming, considering that author CTE'd nearly a decade ago).

It's also considered good manners to link to the target resolution when you notify the forum of a repeal attempt. Here's the link to GAR #6.

Since you also didn't bother to link your repeal proposal, we have no reason to think this is even remotely a good idea. Consider withdrawing and then drafting that here too.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Rvssyav
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Rvssyav » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:15 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:Ooc: it is illegal and has been so marked.

I saw, I resubmitted here’s the Repeal draft:

“Understanding that the resolution was created with the concern that, at the time, there was an absence of international standards ruling the militaristic behavior of member nations,

Acknowledging that this resolution fails to provide any guidance to member nations in the emergency situation of an encounter with a non-member nation (which may not be as understanding of this resolution due to their status as non-members) therefore placing member-nations at a disadvantage,

Recognizing the importance of protecting humanitarian transport, as defined in clause 1 of the resolution, as well as the sovereignty of each member nation to choose a better fitting policy to determine protection of their and their regions humanitarian transport,

Hoping that this repeal will open the floor to a better discussion, and better policy ideas regarding the issue of humanitarian transport,

The General Assembly Resolution #6 is hereby repealed.”

And link: https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1514840996
Last edited by Rvssyav on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rvssyav
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Rvssyav » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:19 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:OOC: You may not reuse text from another resolution without permission of the author (which I can't imagine is forthcoming, considering that author CTE'd nearly a decade ago).

It's also considered good manners to link to the target resolution when you notify the forum of a repeal attempt. Here's the link to GAR #6.

Since you also didn't bother to link your repeal proposal, we have no reason to think this is even remotely a good idea. Consider withdrawing and then drafting that here too.

I had a feeling I shouldn’t, that’s not even remotely near to a final draft... which is why I asked for ideas. Thanks for the feedback.

I resubmitted the Repeal draft, which you may find below (with link of repeal):

“Understanding that the resolution was created with the concern that, at the time, there was an absence of international standards ruling the militaristic behavior of member nations,

The General Assembly Resolution #6 is hereby repealed.”

And link: https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1514840996

Pretty new to this, so thanks for all the info. Try reviewing its legality in an unbiased manner, whether is a good idea or not is left to the WA delegates who choose to approve it or not.
Last edited by Rvssyav on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:27 pm

Stop re-submitting the repeal until you've drafted it here and gotten actual feedback on it. This is not a race. This should take you several weeks to do it right, at the very least. If you keep submitting illegal proposals, you'll be penalized for spamming (/notamod); and if you keep submitting bad proposals, nobody will take you seriously in the event you ever submit a good one.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Rvssyav
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Rvssyav » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:Stop re-submitting the repeal until you've drafted it here and gotten actual feedback on it. This is not a race. This should take you several weeks to do it right, at the very least. If you keep submitting illegal proposals, you'll be penalized for spamming (/notamod); and if you keep submitting bad proposals, nobody will take you seriously in the event you ever submit a good one.

Got it boss!

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:58 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:OOC: You may not reuse text from another resolution without permission of the author.

OOC: Citing the target resolution in a repeal, as part of explaining why you think it should be repealed, has been considered okay in the past.

(Edited to complete a piece of formatting.)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Rvssyav
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Rvssyav » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:26 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:OOC: You may not reuse text from another resolution without permission of the author.

OOC; Citing the target resolution in a repeal, as part of explaining [i]why/i] you think it should be repealed, has been considered okay in the past.

Interesting, good to know.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly