NATION

PASSWORD

DRAFT: Affordable University For Lower Class

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Yvani
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

DRAFT: Affordable University For Lower Class

Postby Yvani » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:58 pm

Category: Education & Creativity
Area of Effect: Educational
Proposed by: Yvani

The General Assembly,

Defines University: an institutional academy intended for instruction and examination of students in many branches of advanced education, awarding degrees in various departments,
Defines lower class/low-class: an economic status of earning at or less than their nation's average income.
-----
UNDERSTANDS that lowering university costs can be a costly investment to a nation's economy,
SEES where foreigners might wish to take advantage of this opportunity of education from lower class citizens,
HOWEVER says that investment to better education for unfortunate families is morally good and beneficial, with checks and balances to monitor foreigners that enter these universities,
STATING that common knowledge rising in quality would allow nations' economies to improve,
WISHES for nations to realize the importance of a more educated mankind to better global standards of living.
-----
1. DEMANDS lowered university costs for it to be affordable to low-class citizens,
2. REQUIRES systems to keep legal foreigners from abusing the privilege, but allowing them to enter the opportunity through more detailed and secured paperwork for national safety and citizen entitlement.
Last edited by Yvani on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 pm

OOC: You have to add more clauses, the "," in the last clause implies there is more to come.

Milwalkiee
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Milwalkiee » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:01 pm

For starters, I would highly recommend looking at GAR #80, clause 4 and GAR #159.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=1639404#p1639404

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=6551614#p6551614

I also highly recommend posting before submitting the resolution. That way, you can go through allowing delegates to give you constructive criticism.
Last edited by Milwalkiee on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace. Diplomacy. Leadership."

Cheers!
Milwalkiee

Mallorea and Riva wrote:I will be fascinated to watch this unfold, since I can conceive of no way in which a commendation of me could possibly pass. I have worked tirelessly since January 16, 2012 to ensure that a commendation badge would never grace my nation. Good luck :p

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:If anything, marriage is an insult to dating, by implying that a piece of paper is the only thing holding breakups back.

Trumptonium wrote:This forum never ceases to amaze me.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:26 am

"The title doesn't feel right as a great deal of nations have no such thing as a class system and the term itself is often believed to be pejorative. I would suggest altering it."
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:41 am

Kenmoria wrote:"The title doesn't feel right as a great deal of nations have no such thing as a class system and the term itself is often believed to be pejorative. I would suggest altering it."

OOC: ^That, and also I wonder how costs can be lowered when university-level education is free? And clause 2 makes no sense at all.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Bears Armed Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed Mission » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 am

OOC: Is its treatment of foreigners compatible with GA Resolution #35?
A diplomatic mission from Bears Armed, formerly stationed at the W.A. . Population = either thirty-two or sixty-four staff, maybe plus some dependents.

GA & SC Resolution Author

Ardchoille says: “Bears can be depended on for decent arguments even when there aren't any”.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:08 am

Bears Armed Mission wrote:OOC: Is its treatment of foreigners compatible with GA Resolution #35?

OOC: According to at least one GenSec member, citizenship can be used as a practical, compelling reason. Otherwise you couldn't block non-citizens from voting, for example. Also, clause 2 makes no sense the way it's been written. At least I can't figure out what exactly "enter the opportunity through more detailed and secured paperwork for national safety and citizen entitlement" means. What detailed and secured paperwork? What national safety?
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly