NATION

PASSWORD

Scrapped Idea

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Libana
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Scrapped Idea

Postby Libana » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:14 pm

This post was scrapped due to terrible writing of legislature and irrelevance of topic
Last edited by Libana on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Libana
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libana » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Tell me what you guys think of it! If you have any suggestions on making it better, let me know! It is my first time making legislation, so they will be greatly appreciated!

West Guam
Attaché

Founded: Oct 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby West Guam » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Libana wrote: If a citizen is found guilty of possesing or selling illegal Recreational Drugs, they may be held on probation or sentenced to several years of jail. The punishment for these crimes shall be determined by the amount of time possesing or selling said drugs.[/list]

Ambassador Lingard takes another sip of water, puts the cap on the bottle, swallows, and then begins to speak, "First of all, all recreational drugs are legal in West Guam, so if this resolution plans to change that (which I cannot tell), I am against. Also, I believe that it is a nation's own choice on how to deal with people who break the laws of that nation."
He adds, "And for spelling, it's possessing not possesing."
Great for your first time! I'm interested in seeing the other comments!
Last edited by West Guam on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| WEST GUAMIAN NEWS | The Nation of West Guam is currently looking to establish new diplomatic, economic, and military ties with nations around the world! | Indoor dining in all provinces will be capped at 25% capacity until further notice to limit the spread of COVID-19 | The WG Constitution has been amended to limit presidential terms to five years.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:17 pm

Not quite sure what the purpose of this part is: "NOTING the proven fact that foolish decisions of individuals have been on many occasions, manipulating and influencing the likes of those who refuse to use said drugs, successfully having said persons addicted, creating a mass or widespread use, despite the drugs being potentially illegal..." That either needs to be struck out or rewritten.
Last edited by Bruke on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:24 pm

First off, There can be no "Illegal" drug use in countries and Nations that legalized drugs. In this mannerism, I suggest that you go after drugs, that are not classified "recreational" such as and these are examples of drugs not used as recreational; But are rather addictions or criminal drugs enabling crimes. The list as stated, would be basically Crack, Cocaine, Heroine, Devils breath, Opiods and other drugs known to kill people. Recreational drugs normally entrails Marijuana, Shrooms and most synthetic marijuana.

However, we must also make a section allowing a Nation or Country to use the more dangerous that are shown to help peoples illness or physical ailments to make medicines from them. While keeping it in mind to illegalize the trade of the more dangerous drugs such as the most dangerous by far Devil's Breath. Which for example, is known to zombify an individual upon contact of breathing it in only. One does not need to smoke or even eat it to be affect, but you are affect by just being within the same air zone that it is in.

While requesting that all Nations, even those with legal recreational drugs to outlaw all deadly drugs. Seeing as Marijuana and Shrooms can not kill you, unless you do something very stupid and if you did something stupid to kill yourself; You were more likely contemplating it before using. As one must understand both the above substances act much like Alcoholic beverages and do not truly influence actions, but rather emboldens an individual. Just a start... 8)
Last edited by Principality of the Raix on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum
I do not use NS stats, but I do use Policies due to the Nation's Goals.
Conservative Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Reactionary
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -67%

Pro: Pro-Life, Limited Government, 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment.
Con: Pro-Choice, Communism, Anarchism, Totalitarianism.

Nau States
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nau States » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:52 pm

The Delegate from the Nau States, Joseph Rattlesmith the thirty-fourth, takes a long swill of coffee from the cup on his desk. He holds it up to the light, showing the room.
"Now, my dearest comrades, what counts as a recreational drug? Well, a drug is something that alters the normal state of consciousness. Recreational means for fun. Under the definition of recreational drugs, this here coffee should be monitored and archived? For what, caffeine content? This is a health product, you know. I believe that it's called Coffeel Good. Not the best name, I know, but it's labeled a health beverage."
He sets it down.
"Furthermore, what constitutes as poverty and high crime in section 2b of your proposal? In some nations, crime is thinking out of line. Not us, but some others. What constitutes as poverty in my nation is not owning two cars. It really just boils down to definitions. If misinterpreted, this proposal could lead to several sentient beings losing their rights."
I have known adventures, seen places you people will never see, I've been Offworld and back...frontiers! I've stood on the back deck of a blinker bound for the Plutition Camps with sweat in my eyes watching the stars fight on the shoulder of Orion. I've felt wind in my hair, riding test boats off the black galaxies and seen an attack fleet burn like a match and disappear. I've seen it...felt it!

Libana
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libana » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:16 am

Thank you all! I will get to work on editing it soon! Again, first time writing legislation, so it probabaly does not sound that well!

The Greater Siriusian Domain
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Siriusian Domain » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:52 am

Teran Saber: "This isn't an international issue. Opposed on principle."
"For a mind so determined to reach the sky, on the wings of a dream!" - Sanctity, Zeppo
This nation's factbook supersedes NS stats and issues, but does not completely replace them. If there is a conflict, the Factbook is correct.

Isentran has been DENOUNCED for proposing legislation that would destroy the economy of the Greater Siriusian Domain
The Greater Siriusian Domain is a borderline Class Z9 Civilization according to this scale

Primary Ambassador: Teran Saber, Male Siriusian. Snarky, slightly arrogant.
Substitute Ambassador: Ra'lingth, Male En'gari. Speaks with emphasized "s" sounds.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 am

Libana wrote:Monitoring health related products in stores by having them archived for each citizen whenever they purchase one. These archives shall always be kept private, unless the government or police officer requests that it be checked.

OOC: So every time someone buys any "health-related product" (very vague!), their purchase gets recorded? Why? Why should that be a thing? So every time a woman buys tampons, the store will make a note of the woman's name and time that she purchased them? Why?

Libana wrote:Cameras and security footage shall be set up in areas of nations that already have a history of relatively high rates of crime and poverty.

OOC: How can "security footage" be set up in areas?? Security footage is a product of the cameras, you are referring to it as if it is an independent object that will be placed in areas...

Libana wrote:These sorts of locations are where transistionings of Recreational Drugs occur heavily. Having footage of the ongoings of these locations may be crucial in stopping the smuggling of illegal Recreational Drugs.

OOC: I notice it doesn't say public areas anywhere, it merely says "areas". Does this mean that the interiors of private dwellings can be brought under surveillance?

Libana wrote:Extensive research shall be conducted on the imports a nation recieves from other nations, which may provide further detail on the sources of Recreational Drugs and illegal usage. Drug sellers from other nations may be rooted out for the selling of said drugs.

OOC: What is meant by "extensive research"? Vague. Very vague.

Libana wrote:If a citizen is found guilty of possessing or selling illegal Recreational Drugs, they may be held on probation or sentenced to several years of jail. The punishment for these crimes shall be determined by the amount of time possessing or selling said drugs.

OOC: Again, very vague.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:35 am

Principality of the Raix wrote:However, we must also make a section allowing a Nation or Country to use the more dangerous that are shown to help peoples illness or physical ailments to make medicines from them.

GA Resolution #124, 'Essential Medication Act'.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Principality of the Raix wrote:However, we must also make a section allowing a Nation or Country to use the more dangerous that are shown to help peoples illness or physical ailments to make medicines from them.

GA Resolution #124, 'Essential Medication Act'.

Well.. first off, thank you for bringing that to my attention. While I am glad at the very least, that is the only issue with my above paragraph.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum
I do not use NS stats, but I do use Policies due to the Nation's Goals.
Conservative Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Reactionary
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -67%

Pro: Pro-Life, Limited Government, 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment.
Con: Pro-Choice, Communism, Anarchism, Totalitarianism.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly