NATION

PASSWORD

Question!

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Sancti Imperii Catholico
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Question!

Postby Sancti Imperii Catholico » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:23 am

Do the resolutions that are passed by the General Assembly actually law, or is it all for roleplaying? Please answer!

Deropia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deropia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:31 am

Sancti Imperii Catholico wrote:Do the resolutions that are passed by the General Assembly actually law, or is it all for roleplaying? Please answer!

OOC: Hi there! Welcome to the General Assembly! The text of the resolutions are for roleplay purposes, I believe. You will still get national issues relating to topics already covered by the WA. However, each passed resolution has a direct effect on the stats of your nation, for example, if a resolution passed in the Global Disarmament category, I believe it will decrease your 'Defense Forces' statistic by various degrees, depending on the strength of the resolution. I hope this helps and I hope I got all that right!
Last edited by Deropia on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant-Commander Jason MacAlister
Deropian Ambassador to the World Assembly
macalister.j@diplomats.com
Office 1302, 13th Floor, World Assembly Headquarters
Minister of WA Affairs [TNP]
Captain, North Pacific Army Special Forces
Former Speaker of the Regional Assembly [TNP]

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tzorsland » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:39 pm

It depends on your POV (point of view).

From a nation stat perspective, a resolution that is passed impacts the stats of all nations who are members of the WA at the time of passage. That's really all a resolution does, stat wise.

From a daily issues perspective, no resolution ever impacts the potential choices you can make, unless you want to role play it that way.

From a role play perspective, you are supposed to faithfully follow all the currently passed resolutions or at least pretend you are doing so while seeking creative solutions to the contrary.

Hope this helps.
"A spindizzy going sour makes the galaxy's most unnerving noise!"
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:57 am

Tzorsland wrote:From a role play perspective, you are supposed to faithfully follow all the currently passed resolutions or at least pretend you are doing so while seeking creative solutions to the contrary.

"Supposed to"
No one actually forces you.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gre ... /id=867036
Before jumping to conclusions, look at my FAQ fact book. FAQ here:FAQ Ask Questions Here
Proudly violating WA resolutions since May 25, 2017! Visit The Republic of Gilead!
( -_- ) My nation does support my political views...deal with it.
"Under His Eye" is a blessing. It's asking God to keep them under His eye.
Deropia wrote:Jason can't help but laugh as the scotch bottle, followed soon after by the pie, fly through the air of the chamber. "Ah, this place may be a mad-house...but its the best damn posting I've ever had...".

The Bible Baptist Republic wrote:Ambassador Conklin reads the proposal, blinks twice, and mutters "There ain't enough whiskey to deal with this crap."

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:18 am

Greater Gilead wrote:
Tzorsland wrote:From a role play perspective, you are supposed to faithfully follow all the currently passed resolutions or at least pretend you are doing so while seeking creative solutions to the contrary.

"Supposed to"

...but those who don't tend to be shunned and ignored.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:58 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Greater Gilead wrote:"Supposed to"

...but those who don't tend to be shunned and ignored.

OOC: Yup. It is considered godmodding when done IC, and it results in loss of credibility and being dismissed out of hand in arguments.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:25 am

I think limited non-compliance RP is fine. Auralia openly refuses to comply with three resolutions.

As SP and SL point out above, though, if you make it a policy to disregard a large number of resolutions, people won't take you seriously on these forums.
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:27 am

Auralia wrote:I think limited non-compliance RP is fine. Auralia openly refuses to comply with three resolutions.

As SP and SL point out above, though, if you make it a policy to disregard a large number of resolutions, people won't take you seriously on these forums.

If it's done in a creative and tasteful way, it works out just fine. It creates interesting roleplay. I RP my nation as being in legal dispute with the WA over one law.

Refusing to roleplay compliance with great swathes of legislation just looks obstructionist, uncreative, and wholly absurd.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:07 am

Auralia wrote:Auralia openly refuses to comply with three resolutions.

Which, to be fair, is why some of us refuse to take you seriously in IC, but are willing to take you seriously in OOC, because you often make good points. :P
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Auralia wrote:Auralia openly refuses to comply with three resolutions.

Which, to be fair, is why some of us refuse to take you seriously in IC, but are willing to take you seriously in OOC, because you often make good points. :P
You might have to pay attention to a GAer who has written 16(?) resolutions.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Fauxia wrote:You might have to pay attention to a GAer who has written 16(?) resolutions.

OOC: And exactly how are you going to force me to ICly do anything? I already said I OOCly respect Auralia's opinions on most things. I actually can separate people's IC from their OOC. Like how I quite like SoG without wanting to tolerate 2/3 of his normal ambassadorial cast in IC. :P (EDIT: I'm fine with SoG's Neville, as long as the location isn't Strangers' Bar.)
Last edited by Araraukar on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:59 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Fauxia wrote:You might have to pay attention to a GAer who has written 16(?) resolutions.

OOC: And exactly how are you going to force me to ICly do anything? I already said I OOCly respect Auralia's opinions on most things. I actually can separate people's IC from their OOC. Like how I quite like SoG without wanting to tolerate 2/3 of his normal ambassadorial cast in IC. :P (EDIT: I'm fine with SoG's Neville, as long as the location isn't Strangers' Bar.)
I didn't specify IC or OoC
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:54 am

Fauxia wrote:I didn't specify IC or OoC

So what's your point then, because I did.

Sancti Imperii Catholico
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sancti Imperii Catholico » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:25 am

Thank you everyone for your explanations! :)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly