NATION

PASSWORD

DRAFT: LGBTQ History Day

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Bible Baptist Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: May 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Bible Baptist Republic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 am

:::flipping through calendar::::

Could you make it on the last Monday? If we're going to magic a holiday into existance, at least lets get a three day weekend out of it.
Last edited by The Bible Baptist Republic on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
-- Ambassador Robert Make-Me-An-Instrument-Of-Your-Worship Conklin, Bible Baptist Republic

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tzorsland » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Very Good Lesbians wrote:This is my first proposal, so any critique would help me a lot.

There are two problems with this. Before I get to them I have to mention the paradox; WA resolutions aren't resolutions, at least in the commonly understood sense of the word. They are in fact legislation.

1) For some insane reason, no one wants to admit to either a calendar or the notion of a year. Thus it is impossible to designate any day as anything. (This is basically the remaining fallout from Max Barry Day.)

2) A resolution has to actually do something to mess of with your nation's stats in some way and frankly there is no way one day of the year is going to do that.

For these two reasons, it's really hard to have resolutions of this sort in the WA.
"A spindizzy going sour makes the galaxy's most unnerving noise!"
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

Previous

Return to General Assembly