NATION

PASSWORD

WA Heart Disease Research Coalition

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Solomons Land
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:55 am

https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... mission=ok WA Heart Disease Research Coalition is a new bill that I proposed, I posted this to get some more attention and see what you guys think.
Last edited by Solomons Land on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Generation 31: enter this into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This statement is false.

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:06 am

OOC: Illegal. Committee-only violation, several spelling errors, and mandating taxes.

It's really a lot better if people post the draft here in the forum first before submitting, so it can be edited and adjusted as needed. I mean it's good that you posted here at all, but it would have been better if you had posted here first.

Proposal quoted for ease of access and record-keeping purposes:

A resolution to modify universal standards of healthcare.

Category: Health

Area of Effect: Research

Proposed by: Solomons Land

This resolution believes that all good things come from good health. This resolution also believes that heart disease is one of the biggest endangerments of good health. This resolution finally believes that there is not nearly enough being done to prevent heart disease.

This resolution defines heart disease as any mortal ailment in the heart or arteries. This resolution defines medical research as scientific studies that are studding a physical ailment. This resolution defines a coalition as a group of organized people with a cause. This resolution defines substantial as an amount of resources that compares with the nations respective GPD (this is not to say a fraction, but that it shall be tailored to.) This resolution defines a tax as a prise a government instals that its people must pay.

This resolution orders the construction of the WA Heart Disease Research Coalition (WAHRC,) and mandates that each WA nation must chose to provide:
a: A substantial coalition of scientists to work for the WAHRC; or
b: A substantial amount of monetary funds, this can be provided by:
I: The government pays the WAHRC directly; or
II: The government instates a tax that pays the WAHRC.
In addition, this resolution mandates that:
c: The WAHRC is entirely devoted to medical research on heart disease and resources are not to be elsewhere distributed, except for other types of medical research and then only under the supervision of other resolutions.

IC: "No," says Iksana, flicking his tail. "My nation doesn't have what you well-off nations would consider scientists so we can't provide that, and we also don't have a substantial amount of funds to give. We're definitely not taxing our impoverished citizens so that you affluents can feel better about yourself."
Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:32 am

OOC: That's good advice from Essu Beti. I'd also add that I wouldn't use the queue as a drafting tool which can be treated as spamming the queue if overdone. Rather, you should post your draft here before submission. The community will point you in the right direction.

Otherwise, welcome to the GA.

You should have a quick look at the rules here before any further submissions. The passed resolutions thread is searchable to check to see if your idea has already been done.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:33 am

https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1503858666 I resubmitted the proposal and I think I fixed all the errors.
Generation 31: enter this into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This statement is false.

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:38 am

Last edited by Solomons Land on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This statement is false.

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:42 am

OOC: Please, please, please post your drafts here in this thread, by editing them into your OP. Like Bananaistan said, using the queue as a drafting tool is not a good idea.

EDIT: You added two lines; that fixed jack-all. Seriously, drafting is what the forum here is for. Use it for its purpose.

EDIT PART 2: Also you just made it a criminal action to have a family history of heart disease, drink coffee (raises blood pressure, which is associated with heart disease), or eat unhealthy foods (unhealthy eating is also associated with heart disease)
Last edited by Essu Beti on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:03 pm

The new-ish version, for record keeping. Since the author can't be bothered, apparently.

A resolution to modify universal standards of healthcare.

Category: Health

Area of Effect: Research

Proposed by: Solomons Land

This resolution believes that all good things come from good health. This resolution also believes that heart disease is one of the biggest endangerments of good health. This resolution finally believes that there is not nearly enough being done to prevent heart disease.

This resolution defines heart disease as any mortal ailment in the heart or arteries. This resolution defines medical research as scientific studies that are studding a physical ailment. This resolution defines a coalition as a group of organized people with a cause. This resolution defines a criminal action as an action that has been deemed illegal. This resolution defines substantial as an amount of resources that compares with the nations respective GPD (this is not to say a fraction, but that it shall be tailored to.) This resolution defines a tax as a prise a government instals that its people must pay.

This resolution mandates the construction of the WA Heart Disease Research Coalition (WAHRC,) and mandates that each WA nation must chose to provide:
a: A substantial coalition of scientists to work for the WAHRC; or
b: A substantial amount of monetary funds, this can be provided by:
I: The government pays the WAHRC directly; or
II: The government instates a tax that pays the WAHRC.
In addition, this resolution mandates that:
c: The WAHRC is entirely devoted to medical research on heart disease and resources are not to be elsewhere distributed, except for other types of medical research and then only under the supervision of other resolutions.
d: It is a criminal action to do anything that the WAHRC has proven causes heart disease.

It is a criminal action to do anything that the WAHRC has proven causes heart disease

This in itself is sufficient for us to vigorously oppose this, and to make snarly faces while doing so.

The remainder of the draft is just annoyingly simplistic.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:33 am

Essu Beti wrote:OOC: Illegal. Committee-only violation, several spelling errors, and mandating taxes.

OOC: The current version gives nations the choice of a direct payment by their government or the introduction of a tax for this purpose.
I therefore wouldn't consider it to be "mandating" taxes, and so have only marked it as illegal for the Committee-only violation rather than on that basis as well.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Sheika
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Sheika » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 am

Solomons Land wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=solomons_land_1503859048?submission=ok Actually, this is the link.

Please stop submitting your proposal and post a draft here where it can be reviewed, critiqued, and edited prior to submission. If this is something that you really care about, it helps to take the time to make sure it is as good as it can be prior to submission.
Colonel Johnathan "Jack" Austin, Ambassador to the World Assembly
Department of International Affairs
Militaristic Federation of the Sheika
Regional Delegate of Absolution

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly