NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Conservation to Save Natural Life

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] Conservation to Save Natural Life

Postby Manaime » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Conservation to Save Natural Life

Proposed By: Manaime | Category: Environmental | Industry Affected: All Businesses

The General Assembly,

Knowing that the environment is at risk of being affected with chemical emissions that may have spread from pollutants, often to endanger living organisms such as trees and mammals, by tending to break out into smaller forms of particles, at which, may seem to cause global warming,

Understanding the consistency of this effect, having to promote a clean and prosperous environment, and explaining how this situation can be planned to release a benefit for living species and organisms,

Alarmed at the amount of trash that organisms have been spreading along the most important areas of natural life, and may be known to kill fish as they consume the toxins caused by the pollutants,

Planning a better ecosystem, both in matters of government changes to release a conservationist campaign against the reduce of factories and other types of pollutants that tend to be wasted,

Defining "conservationism" as a movement that supports conservation, especially that of natural resources, hereby:

1. Establishes a World Assembly Conservationist Organization (WACO), in which the goal is to increase ideas of conservationism, that is often considered to release campaigns to reduce the use of pollution;

2. Which also reduces the produce of pollution, as well as additional compositional objects, including plastic bags, food containers, and trays made with plastic or any other form of pollution, yet thrown in the correct place for additional health benefits, which applies to;

a. A trash or a recycling bin that should be used the right way, including other forms of litter that belongs in the right composition of bins,

b. Bags that are used to carry litter, or other types of waste particles, that are thrown correctly in the large trash bin to be used for recycling and ideas to compost recycled material into a machine;

3. Promotes the WACO to increase programs on how and why the environment is important to our daily lives, and how many people can contribute to WACO by volunteering campaigns to reduce pollution;

4. Educates the students to help make a difference, by bringing the world together throughout conservativism, and how it may be a benefit to WACO and the environment.
Last edited by Manaime on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Ediff-Stok-Kal International AirportEmbassyAir Sr-bi-ji'Tom's Pizza Rolls

██████████████████████████████████

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:56 pm

Iksana leans back against the wall, flicking his tail. "Something something humanocentrism something something mankind ain't the only problem something something you do realize there are other species in the WA, right?"
Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Chus Kruthe
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Chus Kruthe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:57 pm

-I like the general idea of helping the environment
-I'm not sure if this duplicates anything though or something like that
-My major concern is the committee, maybe not call it "WACO" google the WACO Siege and you'll understand the reasons.

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 pm

Chus Kruthe wrote:-I like the general idea of helping the environment
-My major concern is the committee, maybe not call it "WACO" google the WACO Siege and you'll understand the reasons.

We know that Waco siege is a word, but we mean a different perspective of the meaning of Waco, so we don't have to change it.
Last edited by Manaime on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chus Kruthe
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chus Kruthe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Manaime wrote:
Chus Kruthe wrote:-I like the general idea of helping the environment

Care to elaborate your explaination on the last sentence?

Sure these is a twon called Waco, google it. There was a horrible FBI siege there years ago, there is also a movie about the siege title just "Waco". Not saying its an RL reference, just more concerened that we might name something after that town which is known pretty much only for that one event.

Just google Waco Siege, the movie was decent.

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Chus Kruthe wrote:
Manaime wrote:
Care to elaborate your explaination on the last sentence?

Sure these is a twon called Waco, google it. There was a horrible FBI siege there years ago, there is also a movie about the siege title just "Waco". Not saying its an RL reference, just more concerened that we might name something after that town which is known pretty much only for that one event.

Still. There is something you may have to listen to, and that is difference. WACO is different from Waco siege or a town called Waco, and we don't have to change it nor edit it.
Last edited by Manaime on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chus Kruthe
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chus Kruthe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Manaime wrote:
Chus Kruthe wrote:Sure these is a twon called Waco, google it. There was a horrible FBI siege there years ago, there is also a movie about the siege title just "Waco". Not saying its an RL reference, just more concerened that we might name something after that town which is known pretty much only for that one event.

Still. There is something you may have to listen to, and that is difference. WACO is different from Waco siege, and we don't have to change it nor edit it.

Not saying you have to change it, just said it might be advisable. It's a good draft otherwise, I just (a) thought the name odd and (b) like making Waco jokes tacky as they may be. Otherwise through :clap: :clap: :clap:

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Chus Kruthe wrote:
Manaime wrote:
Still. There is something you may have to listen to, and that is difference. WACO is different from Waco siege, and we don't have to change it nor edit it.

Not saying you have to change it, just said it might be advisable. It's a good draft otherwise, I just (a) thought the name odd and (b) like making Waco jokes tacky as they may be. Otherwise through :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pretty sure I seem "WACO" enough. :lol2:

The Sheika
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Sheika » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Essu Beti wrote:Iksana leans back against the wall, flicking his tail. "Something something humanocentrism something something mankind ain't the only problem something something you do realize there are other species in the WA, right?"

This is worth paying attention to, so I will reiterate some of it.

The WA has more than just Human beings in it, just something to consider.
Colonel Johnathan "Jack" Austin, Ambassador to the World Assembly
Department of International Affairs
Militaristic Federation of the Sheika
Regional Delegate of Absolution

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:29 am

*bump*

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:17 am

Iksana snorts. "So you're not even going to acknowledge the humanocentrism? Is that it?"

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Manaime wrote:*bump*

OOC: There is no need whatsoever to bump a topic 16 minutes after the last post. None. That is a variant of Spamming.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 pm

((OOC: It was 12 hours, not 16 minutes. Went from Weds night to Thurs morning.

I agree the bump was unneccesary though, as the topic was still very visibly on the front page. If the author really wanted it higher up the page they could have answered my character's concerns.))
Last edited by Essu Beti on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Manaime wrote:*snip*

OOC: Okay, I started doing an in-depth analysis to give you proper feedback, but then I realized that you're using some kind of random word generator to create sentences that make no sense, and once I got to the active clauses, it had gotten so bad that I honestly couldn't make sense of them. I'm guessing English isn't your first language, but still... *shakes head*

To illustrate the difficulties, see the reddened text here:
Manaime wrote:Knowing that the environment is at risk of being polluted into chemical wastes, often to endanger living organisms such as trees and mammals, and tending to break out into smaller forms of particles, at which, may be seen as wasteful behavior,

Understanding the consistency of this effect, having to promote a clean and prosperous society under forms of conservatism, and explaining how this situation can be planned off to renovate the future of the natural areas, including parks, reserves, and zoos,

Alarmed at the horrible behavior that mankind has been treating the nature of the environment as both wasteful and inhuman, as it will cause a horrible lifestyle for humans and living matters,

Planning a better future for mankind and it's elements of life and beauty of long lasting terms of endearment, both in matters of government plans and changes to resolute this proposal,

Defining "conservatism" as an aspect of lifelong matters between a beautiful landscape and the conservation of plants, life, and areas that are important to the region's natural feature of biomes and types of themes that seem to be important for conservative outlooks, hereby:

1. Establishes a World Assembly Conservatism Organization (WACO), and world governments to participate in saving lots of important plant life and agricultural growth, as of producing natural resources for better economic performance and energy;

2. Reduces the produce of pollution, as well as additional compositional objects, including plastic bags, food containers, and trays made with plastic or any other form of pollution, yet thrown in the correct place for additional health benefits, which applies to;

a. A trash or a recycling bin that should be used the right way, including other forms of litter that belongs in the right compostion of elements,

b. Bags that are varied to carry litter, or other types of waste particles, that are thrown correctly in the large trash bin to be used for recycling and ideas to plan recycled material into an object, such as a bag, a wallet, or even a container;

3. Programs the WACO to benefit programs on how and why the environment is important to our daily lives, and how many people can contribute to the organization by volunteering campaigns to end pollution as of today;

4. Releases a new launch of WACO operations to commence more inspiration of conservatism and the idea of recycling, and telling how compost needs to be used at a different perspective, instead of releasing it into natural waters, such as rivers, lakes, and ponds, and even how conservatism can be a great ideal for the future.
Last edited by Araraukar on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Manaime wrote:*snip*

OOC: Okay, I started doing an in-depth analysis to give you proper feedback, but then I realized that you're using some kind of random word generator to create sentences that make no sense, and once I got to the active clauses, it had gotten so bad that I honestly couldn't make sense of them. I'm guessing English isn't your first language, but still... *shakes head*

To illustrate the difficulties, see the reddened text here:
Manaime wrote:Knowing that the environment is at risk of being polluted into chemical wastes, often to endanger living organisms such as trees and mammals, and tending to break out into smaller forms of particles, at which, may be seen as wasteful behavior,

Understanding the consistency of this effect, having to promote a clean and prosperous society under forms of conservatism, and explaining how this situation can be planned off to renovate the future of the natural areas, including parks, reserves, and zoos,

Alarmed at the horrible behavior that mankind has been treating the nature of the environment as both wasteful and inhuman, as it will cause a horrible lifestyle for humans and living matters,

Planning a better future for mankind and it's elements of life and beauty of long lasting terms of endearment, both in matters of government plans and changes to resolute this proposal,

Defining "conservatism" as an aspect of lifelong matters between a beautiful landscape and the conservation of plants, life, and areas that are important to the region's natural feature of biomes and types of themes that seem to be important for conservative outlooks, hereby:

1. Establishes a World Assembly Conservatism Organization (WACO), and world governments to participate in saving lots of important plant life and agricultural growth, as of producing natural resources for better economic performance and energy;

2. Reduces the produce of pollution, as well as additional compositional objects, including plastic bags, food containers, and trays made with plastic or any other form of pollution, yet thrown in the correct place for additional health benefits, which applies to;

a. A trash or a recycling bin that should be used the right way, including other forms of litter that belongs in the right compostion of elements,

b. Bags that are varied to carry litter, or other types of waste particles, that are thrown correctly in the large trash bin to be used for recycling and ideas to plan recycled material into an object, such as a bag, a wallet, or even a container;

3. Programs the WACO to benefit programs on how and why the environment is important to our daily lives, and how many people can contribute to the organization by volunteering campaigns to end pollution as of today;

4. Releases a new launch of WACO operations to commence more inspiration of conservatism and the idea of recycling, and telling how compost needs to be used at a different perspective, instead of releasing it into natural waters, such as rivers, lakes, and ponds, and even how conservatism can be a great ideal for the future.

I will try to edit the draft. Btw, why would conservatism be inncorrect? I am also born in America, and I do speak English, but I am part Filipino, which almost makes my English confusing.
Last edited by Manaime on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Manaime wrote:I will try to edit the promotion.

OOC: Promotion?

Btw, why would conservatism be inncorrect? I am also born in America, and I do speak English, but I am part Filipino, which almost makes my English confusing.

Because conservatism is an existing word that has a meaning very different from what you're looking for: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/conservatism

"Conservationism" is probably what you were after: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/conservationism

EDIT: Also, drop all mentions of humans, as not everyone roleplays as humans.
Last edited by Araraukar on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Araraukar wrote:

Btw, why would conservatism be inncorrect? I am also born in America, and I do speak English, but I am part Filipino, which almost makes my English confusing.

Because conservatism is an existing word that has a meaning very different from what you're looking for: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/conservatism

"Conservationism" is probably what you were after: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/conservationism

The thing about "conservatism" is exactly what I was going to say. That said, I will oppose, and good advise most to oppose too.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Gregorrria
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Very nice

Postby Gregorrria » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Gregorrria supports this 100%

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Araraukar wrote:

I've edited it, may you check I find there are more errors? Thank you.

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Gregorrria wrote:Gregorrria supports this 100%

You need to read the proposal before saying "it is nice".

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Manaime wrote:Strength: Mild | Category: Environmental | Industry Affected: All Businesses

OOC: No strengths in Environmental.

Again, reddening the parts that make no sense when taking the start of the sentence to be the intended function.
Knowing that the environment is at risk of being filled with micro-organisms that may have spread from pollutants, often to endanger living organisms such as trees and mammals, by tending to break out into smaller forms of particles, at which, may seem to cause global warming,

Understanding the consistency of this effect, having to promote a clean and prosperous environment, and explaining how this situation can be planned to release a benefit for living species and organisms,

Alarmed at the amount of trash that organisms have been spreading along the most important areas of natural life, and may be known to kill fish as they consume the toxins caused by the pollutants,

Planning a better future for mankind, both in matters of government changes to release a conservative campaign against the reduce of factories and other types of pollutants that tend to be wasted,

Defining "conservationism" as an aspect to save lifelong matters between a clean landscape and the protection of plants, life, and natural landmarks that are important to the region's natural feature of biomes, hereby:

1. Establishes a World Assembly Conservationist Organization (WACO), by all world nations to participate in conserving the world's environment, as of producing natural resources for better economic prospects;

2. Also reduces the produce of pollution, as well as additional compositional objects, including plastic bags, food containers, and trays made with plastic or any other form of pollution, yet thrown in the correct place for additional health benefits, which applies to;

a. A trash or a recycling bin that should be used the right way, including other forms of litter that belongs in the right composition of other uses of litter,

b. Bags that are used to carry litter, or other types of waste particles, that are thrown correctly in the large trash bin to be used for recycling and ideas to compost recycled material into a machine;

3. Promotes the WACO to increase programs on how and why the environment is important to our daily lives, and how many people can contribute to WACO by volunteering campaigns to reduce pollution;

4. Educates the students to help make a difference, by bringing the world together throughout conservativism, and how it may be a benefit to WACO and the environment.

It's no better than last time. Why don't you just explain what you were wanting to do, and we'll see if we can find you the right words to use?

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Manaime wrote:Strength: Mild | Category: Environmental | Industry Affected: All Businesses

OOC: No strengths in Environmental.

Again, reddening the parts that make no sense when taking the start of the sentence to be the intended function.
Knowing that the environment is at risk of being filled with micro-organisms that may have spread from pollutants, often to endanger living organisms such as trees and mammals, by tending to break out into smaller forms of particles, at which, may seem to cause global warming,

Planning a better future for mankind, both in matters of government changes to release a conservative campaign against the reduce of factories and other types of pollutants that tend to be wasted,

Defining "conservationism" as an aspect to save lifelong matters between a clean landscape and the protection of plants, life, and natural landmarks that are important to the region's natural feature of biomes, hereby:

1. Establishes a World Assembly Conservationist Organization (WACO), by all world nations to participate in conserving the world's environment, as of producing natural resources for better economic prospects;

2. Also reduces the produce of pollution, as well as additional compositional objects, including plastic bags, food containers, and trays made with plastic or any other form of pollution, yet thrown in the correct place for additional health benefits, which applies to;

a. A trash or a recycling bin that should be used the right way, including other forms of litter that belongs in the right composition of other uses of litter,

It's no better than last time. Why don't you just explain what you were wanting to do, and we'll see if we can find you the right words to use?

Well, I was trying to explain the idea of conservationism, but I couldn't find the right words, so I then put some random words to almost look like it made sense.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Manaime wrote:so I then put some random words to almost look like it made sense.

OOC: Well, you succeeded in almost making it look like it made sense. :P

So, what exactly would you want to do with this proposal? Are you trying to reduce pollution or littering, or what? You have a better chance of passing something if it's a specific solution to a specific problem. Making a vague "let's make the environment better" statement, even wrapped up in pretty language, is unlikely to pass or really to even make much sense.

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Manaime wrote:so I then put some random words to almost look like it made sense.

OOC: Well, you succeeded in almost making it look like it made sense. :P

So, what exactly would you want to do with this proposal? Are you trying to reduce pollution or littering, or what? You have a better chance of passing something if it's a specific solution to a specific problem. Making a vague "let's make the environment better" statement, even wrapped up in pretty language, is unlikely to pass or really to even make much sense.

Well I was trying to reduce pollution, which is also connected to littering, and wanted to make a campaign about it. :)

The Greater Siriusian Domain
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Siriusian Domain » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Essu Beti wrote:Iksana snorts. "So you're not even going to acknowledge the humanocentrism? Is that it?"

Teran Saber "I second this statement. No support until this is addressed."
"For a mind so determined to reach the sky, on the wings of a dream!" - Sanctity, Zeppo
This nation's factbook supersedes NS stats and issues, but does not completely replace them. If there is a conflict, the Factbook is correct.

Isentran has been DENOUNCED for proposing legislation that would destroy the economy of the Greater Siriusian Domain
The Greater Siriusian Domain is a borderline Class Z9 Civilization according to this scale

Primary Ambassador: Teran Saber, Male Siriusian. Snarky, slightly arrogant.
Substitute Ambassador: Ra'lingth, Male En'gari. Speaks with emphasized "s" sounds.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly