NATION

PASSWORD

Reproductive Freedoms Replacement (draft).

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Keshiland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Reproductive Freedoms Replacement (draft).

Postby Keshiland » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Rights of the Unborn

Category: Human Rights

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Keshiland

BELIEVING that life starts at conception

ACKNOWLEDGING that this is very controversial and personal for many people

YEARNING to give the unborn the right to life

THE WORLD ASSEMBLY

MANDATES that all pregnancies not resulting from rape or endangering the life of the mother must be completed and the life birthed

REQUIRES that violators face no less than the time that it would take in years to raise their offspring in prison or parole.

EXCEPTION extreme fetal abnormally

DEFINES extreme fetal abnormally as inability to live outside the womb at full term

EFFECTIVE once passed.
Last edited by Keshiland on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
OOC- I am a Prolife Liberal who is Anti Gun, Pro Immigration, Pro UHC, Pro financial aid, and anything that makes children's lives better. I am also eco-friendly.

IC- The Federation of Keshiland stands for freedom and local governance. Requirements for state hood. A territory atleast 1,000 KL and a population of atleast 100k. Our Constitution keeps us free and can only be changed with a 3/4ths ratification of the states.

State count 135

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:57 pm

:rofl: no.
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:59 pm

OOC: Assuming this follows a repeal of GAR#286, this violates GAR#128 and would be illegal.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:01 pm

I salute your optimism, but such a pro-life bill has very little chance of passage by the current World Assembly electorate. I'd encourage you to take a more moderate approach, such as reserving the power to regulate abortion to member states.

((OOC: As SP points out, the World Assembly actually has two resolutions that legalize abortion -- both must be repealed before you can pass this kind of replacement.))

Martin Russell
Chief Ambassador, Auralian Mission to the World Assembly
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:01 pm

I'm not in the WA, but no. :rofl:
Twice sigbanned, once scared of the wrath of the forum mods.
On this index, my military is a 10-10-7.
Raider, military coniessour, God's slowest writer.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Auralia wrote:I salute your optimism, but such a pro-life bill has very little chance of passage by the current World Assembly electorate. I'd encourage you to take a more moderate approach, such as reserving the power to regulate abortion to member states.

((OOC: As SP points out, the World Assembly actually has two resolutions that legalize abortion -- both must be repealed before you can pass this kind of replacement.))

Martin Russell

"Would that not be illegal by optionality?" Silver Zephyr responds.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:13 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Auralia wrote:I salute your optimism, but such a pro-life bill has very little chance of passage by the current World Assembly electorate. I'd encourage you to take a more moderate approach, such as reserving the power to regulate abortion to member states.

Martin Russell

"Would that not be illegal by optionality?" Silver Zephyr responds.

OOC: Only if that were all it did. It's a simple matter to add something like "Requires member states to ensure proper licensing of anyone performing abortions consistent with the medical complexity of the procedure the person is licensed to perform." That would be enough for a Mild resolution to act as an otherwise pure blocker, I think.

Not that that is necessarily a good or popular idea, mind. But it would most likely be legal.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Keshiland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: Assuming this follows a repeal of GAR#286, this violates GAR#128 and would be illegal.

Added the exeptions required
OOC- I am a Prolife Liberal who is Anti Gun, Pro Immigration, Pro UHC, Pro financial aid, and anything that makes children's lives better. I am also eco-friendly.

IC- The Federation of Keshiland stands for freedom and local governance. Requirements for state hood. A territory atleast 1,000 KL and a population of atleast 100k. Our Constitution keeps us free and can only be changed with a 3/4ths ratification of the states.

State count 135

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: Assuming this follows a repeal of GAR#286, this violates GAR#128 and would be illegal.

Added the exeptions required

OOC: Cool. This still duplicates GAR#128 and is illegal. If you don't understand the rules, don't draft things.
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:32 pm

"Ambassador, I've made the point before that treating a fetus as a legal person would require a police inquiry into every miscarriage, always with a little bit of humor. This proposal as written would literally require the imprisonment of every woman who loses her child. I'm not laughing now. This is fundamentally insane, sir."
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Serrus
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:32 pm

This was my reaction.
Seriously though: Here is a breakdown on what will and won't pass.
-Centrist 286 replacement/blocker
-Pro choice legislation
-Thoughtful proposals

-Abortion crackdowns
-Your laundry lists
-Legal=Good assumptions
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

WA Kitty Kops
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby WA Kitty Kops » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:46 pm

OOC: I think there's a resolution that requires you to provide fair trial before throwing people into jail...? The trial by definition is not fair if the judge believes that the person is guilty ("abortion is murder") to begin with. And also, natural abortions happen. A lot. The vast majority of zygotes are aborted by the host's body well before the individual knows they're pregnant. Would you jail them for their bodies doing something without their knowledge? Like jailing someone for snoring.

And after the "life" is an actual fetus, natural abortions keep on happening. Same as above, the failure of the foreign tissue suppression system should not be punished by jail time when the host has no say in it happening. It's like jailing someone because their body rejects a transferred organ.

And fetal deaths happen, with the fetus dying due to a defect or an accident or unintentional poisoning or, well, for reasons unknown, and then the host's life WILL be in danger, if the mass of tissue starts to rot inside them. Would you put someone in jail because they had their infected appendix removed?

Even if you somehow managed to repeal the two abortion-protecting resolutions (which you can't, and especially YOU can't), you'd still get thrown out of the window. A lot. If you ever bothered to make a bloody character to RP here with, that is, rather than throwing shit at the WAHQ wall to see if some of it would stick. I seriously hope you get banned from WA before Fris (and the rest of us) really loses his patience with you.
The Head Inshpekshuuner looks like a dark grey kitten with yellow eyes and a small white patch on his chest, he's about 4-5 months old. He's much smarter than you could guess from the way he talks.
-- my main nation is Araraukar
NERVUN wrote:And my life flashed in front of my eyes while I did and I honestly expected my computer to explode after I entered the warning.

Serrus
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:03 pm

WA Kitty Kops wrote:OOC: I think there's a resolution that requires you to provide fair trial before throwing people into jail...? The trial by definition is not fair if the judge believes that the person is guilty ("abortion is murder") to begin with. And also, natural abortions happen. A lot. The vast majority of zygotes are aborted by the host's body well before the individual knows they're pregnant. Would you jail them for their bodies doing something without their knowledge? Like jailing someone for snoring.

And after the "life" is an actual fetus, natural abortions keep on happening. Same as above, the failure of the foreign tissue suppression system should not be punished by jail time when the host has no say in it happening. It's like jailing someone because their body rejects a transferred organ.

And fetal deaths happen, with the fetus dying due to a defect or an accident or unintentional poisoning or, well, for reasons unknown, and then the host's life WILL be in danger, if the mass of tissue starts to rot inside them. Would you put someone in jail because they had their infected appendix removed?

Even if you somehow managed to repeal the two abortion-protecting resolutions (which you can't, and especially YOU can't), you'd still get thrown out of the window. A lot. If you ever bothered to make a bloody character to RP here with, that is, rather than throwing shit at the WAHQ wall to see if some of it would stick. I seriously hope you get banned from WA before Fris (and the rest of us) really loses his patience with you.

I think Sackeshi is plenty bloody given all the windows he was thrown through.
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:04 pm

I believe my advisor has a phrase for this... I think it was... ah yes: ROFLNOPE
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Calladan
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calladan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:20 pm

Keshiland wrote:Rights of the Unborn

Category: Human Rights

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Keshiland

BELIEVING that life starts at conception

ACKNOWLEDGING that this is very controversial and personal for many people

YEARNING to give the unborn the right to life

THE WORLD ASSEMBLY

MANDATES that all pregnancies not resulting from rape or endangering the life of the mother must be completed and the life birthed

REQUIRES that violators face no less than the time that it would take in years to raise their offspring in prison or parole.

EXCEPTION extreme fetal abnormally

DEFINES extreme fetal abnormally as inability to live outside the womb

EFFECTIVE once passed.

So :-

if someone has a miscarriage through no fault of their own, they go to jail?
if someone gets shot in the stomach and the fetus dies, they go to jail?
if the baby is born prematurely (before the full term of pregnancy) and the baby survives then the mother goes to jail?

This seems to completely override due process and the right to a fair trial, which is more than a little disturbing.

If this proposal passes, we are going to change the age of majority to the point of conception. This would mean that no woman would be required to spend any time in prison, because a mother would not be required to raise their child beyond that legally. It would screw up a lot of other resolutions, but we can introduce secondary legislation to deal with that :)
Tara A McGill, Ambassador to Lucinda G Doyle III
"Always be yourself, unless you can be Zathras. Then be Zathras"
A Rough Guide To Calladan | The Seven Years of Darkness | Ambassador McGill's Facebook Page
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, providing they are Christian & white" - Trump

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:"Ambassador, I've made the point before that treating a fetus as a legal person would require a police inquiry into every miscarriage...

I've never understood this argument. Recognizing fetal personhood would not entail this parade of horribles that I've often seen trotted out with little evidence. We don't have police investigations into most deaths -- prenatal deaths would be no different.

Martin Russell
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

The Greater Siriusian Domain
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Siriusian Domain » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Teran Saber: "Permission to maul the ambassador of Keshiland?"
"For a mind so determined to reach the sky, on the wings of a dream!" - Sanctity, Zeppo
This nation's factbook supersedes NS stats and issues, but does not completely replace them. If there is a conflict, the Factbook is correct.

Isentran has been DENOUNCED for proposing legislation that would destroy the economy of the Greater Siriusian Domain
The Greater Siriusian Domain is a borderline Class Z9 Civilization according to this scale

Primary Ambassador: Teran Saber, Male Siriusian. Snarky, slightly arrogant.
Substitute Ambassador: Ra'lingth, Male En'gari. Speaks with emphasized "s" sounds.

States of Glory WA Office
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:42 pm

The Greater Siriusian Domain wrote:Teran Saber: "Permission to maul the ambassador of Keshiland?"

Neville: Permission should be considered granted by default.
Ambassador: Neville Lynn Robert
Assistant: Harold "The Clown" Johnson
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain

The Greater Siriusian Domain
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Siriusian Domain » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:45 pm

States of Glory WA Office wrote:
The Greater Siriusian Domain wrote:Teran Saber: "Permission to maul the ambassador of Keshiland?"

Neville: Permission should be considered granted by default.

*Ambassador Teran Saber extends the claws of his right hand and inspects their sharpness*

Teran Saber: "Then it will be a pleasure."
"For a mind so determined to reach the sky, on the wings of a dream!" - Sanctity, Zeppo
This nation's factbook supersedes NS stats and issues, but does not completely replace them. If there is a conflict, the Factbook is correct.

Isentran has been DENOUNCED for proposing legislation that would destroy the economy of the Greater Siriusian Domain
The Greater Siriusian Domain is a borderline Class Z9 Civilization according to this scale

Primary Ambassador: Teran Saber, Male Siriusian. Snarky, slightly arrogant.
Substitute Ambassador: Ra'lingth, Male En'gari. Speaks with emphasized "s" sounds.

Calladan
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calladan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:27 pm

Auralia wrote:
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:"Ambassador, I've made the point before that treating a fetus as a legal person would require a police inquiry into every miscarriage...

I've never understood this argument. Recognizing fetal personhood would not entail this parade of horribles that I've often seen trotted out with little evidence. We don't have police investigations into most deaths -- prenatal deaths would be no different.

Martin Russell

Actually most unexpected deaths do require some level of investigation. They require an autopsy and pathologists report, usually coupled with a county/district/area coroners investigation at the least.

And I would imagine that if the government of a country has taken the step of declaring the fetus to be a protected entity, and at the same time outlawed abortion in most cases, then ANY death involving a fetus would automatically be classified as suspicious, and would require investigating.

Just saying.
Last edited by Calladan on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tara A McGill, Ambassador to Lucinda G Doyle III
"Always be yourself, unless you can be Zathras. Then be Zathras"
A Rough Guide To Calladan | The Seven Years of Darkness | Ambassador McGill's Facebook Page
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, providing they are Christian & white" - Trump

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:36 pm

The Greater Siriusian Domain wrote:
States of Glory WA Office wrote:Neville: Permission should be considered granted by default.

*Ambassador Teran Saber extends the claws of his right hand and inspects their sharpness*

Teran Saber: "Then it will be a pleasure."

Alexis grins widely. "And I thought it would be boring in here!"
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Willania Imperium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Willania Imperium » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:49 pm

"Ah, Keishland! You always brighten me up with your attempts to wean out medals from the WA!"

Pro: Capitalism, Socialism, Technological Advances, Science, Knowledge, Environmentalism, Cooperation, Pacifism, (Soft) Communism
Con: Fascism, Radicals, (Hard) Communism, Primitive Ideas
Social Liberal
Left: 6.22
Libertarian: 0.19
Foreign Policy: Moderate Non-Interventionalist
Culture: Moderate Cultural Liberal
WILLANIA IMPERIUM
[☮] -- Copy and paste this into your signature if you are a pacifist.
If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.

A 13.7 civilization, according to this index.

Dobrobyt
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dobrobyt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Hey moderators? Admins?
VIEWS:
Pro- guns, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, police, military, non-traditional forms of energy, capitalism, jobs, business, healthy food options for citizens
Anti- welfare, abortions(in most cases), forced secularism, socialism, communism, unhealthy food and chemicals, mass-immigration, radical Islam

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 pm

"Worst proposal ever.”
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Wolfhawk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 04, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Wolfhawk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:19 pm

now it is proposals like this that make me vote against removing reproductive freedoom and why it is considered the compromise

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly