NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Ban on Statutory Limitations for Heinous Crimes

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Desmosthenes and Burke
GA Secretariat

Founded: Oct 07, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Desmosthenes and Burke » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:56 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: I'm having a hard time seeing that as likely without a nation crashing all SoLs in its own nation. That would make it a bad faith interpretation otherwise.

Italy. Italy's limitations are written in a way that would not take much editing to do that kind of creativity. The definitive sentence must be delivered within a certain period of time (including appeals and retrials) regardless of when the proceedings commenced. Then there is another limitation on the period within which the sentence must be completed (making it possible to evade justice long enough for the sentence to be impossible to carry out). It strikes me as odd and ridiculous, but the situation posited by Aclion is not necessarily absurd.
GA Links: Proposal Rules | GenSec Procedures | Questions and Answers | Passed Resolutions
Late 30s French Married in NYC
Mostly Catholic, Libertarian-ish supporter of Le Rassemblement Nationale and Republican Party
Current Ambassador: Iulia Larcensis Metili, Legatus Plenipotentis
WA Elite Oligarch since 2023
National Sovereigntist
Name: Demosthenes and Burke
Language: Latin + Numerous tribal languages
Majority Party and Ideology: Aurora Latine - Roman Nationalism, Liberal Conservatism

Hébreux 13:2 - N’oubliez pas l’hospitalité car, grâce à elle, certains, sans le savoir, ont accueilli des anges.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:46 am

Desmosthenes and Burke wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: I'm having a hard time seeing that as likely without a nation crashing all SoLs in its own nation. That would make it a bad faith interpretation otherwise.

Italy. Italy's limitations are written in a way that would not take much editing to do that kind of creativity. The definitive sentence must be delivered within a certain period of time (including appeals and retrials) regardless of when the proceedings commenced. Then there is another limitation on the period within which the sentence must be completed (making it possible to evade justice long enough for the sentence to be impossible to carry out). It strikes me as odd and ridiculous, but the situation posited by Aclion is not necessarily absurd.

OOC: Thats...terrible.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:15 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: Thats...terrible.

Reminds me of a joke about Italy. All show (these are some beautiful uniforms). No substance.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:

Reminds me of a joke about Italy. All show (these are some beautiful uniforms). No substance.

Lots of wizards in italy?
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

The House of Petain
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Petain » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:28 pm

The House of Petain votes FOR and urges all other members of the WA to do the same.
Michael Augustine I of the House of Petain

Founder, Chief Executive & Emperor of Westphalia
1000 Schloss Nordkirchen Ave, Munster Capitol District, Westphalia 59394

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:32 am

Desmosthenes and Burke wrote:

(OOC: Huh, that would seem to make this proposal quite easy to bypass if one can do that without being overly bad-faith.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Glory to the HYPNOTOAD
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Glory to the HYPNOTOAD » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:40 am

As a representation of Virkanys psychotic dictatorship , we shall support this legislation.
WA delegate of Cae,

Proud psychotic dictatorship

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:07 am

Ban on Statutory Limitations for Heinous Crimes was passed 16,701 votes to 3,659.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:52 am

Desmosthenes and Burke wrote:Italy. ... It strikes me as odd and ridiculous, but the situation posited by Aclion is not necessarily absurd.

OOC: This is now totally the norm in Araraukar... :rofl: I may be joking just a little. Or not, will have to think which would be funnier in a super-bureaucratic system...
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Desmosthenes and Burke
GA Secretariat

Founded: Oct 07, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Desmosthenes and Burke » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:46 am

It is certainly not how I would would write the legislation, but then again, I would do almost nothing the way Italy does.

Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: Huh, that would seem to make this proposal quite easy to bypass if one can do that without being overly bad-faith.)

Of course, then one has to deal with the consequences. "Your honor, you must throw out my conviction. This appeal is timely, but it is outside the time period for a definitive judgment, therefore the SoL is violated and this case cannot continue against me." I suspect it is why trials in absentia are common in Italy despite the shaky ground they are on with the ECHR.
GA Links: Proposal Rules | GenSec Procedures | Questions and Answers | Passed Resolutions
Late 30s French Married in NYC
Mostly Catholic, Libertarian-ish supporter of Le Rassemblement Nationale and Republican Party
Current Ambassador: Iulia Larcensis Metili, Legatus Plenipotentis
WA Elite Oligarch since 2023
National Sovereigntist
Name: Demosthenes and Burke
Language: Latin + Numerous tribal languages
Majority Party and Ideology: Aurora Latine - Roman Nationalism, Liberal Conservatism

Hébreux 13:2 - N’oubliez pas l’hospitalité car, grâce à elle, certains, sans le savoir, ont accueilli des anges.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives