NATION

PASSWORD

(draft) protection against advertisement

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
CommunistAnarchicDemocracy
Lobbyist

Founded: May 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

(draft) protection against advertisement

Postby CommunistAnarchicDemocracy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:00 am

Strength: mild

The wa resolves:

1 search engines may not charge anyone for the order of appearance of items on a webpage that is not clearly labeled as an advertisement.

2 advertisment s may not associate the brand or logo of a product or service with health if it is not legally proven to be safe and salutary.

3 tacit statements in visiual advertisment shall be banned, unless a legal statement is made in the advertisement.

4 advertisments may not show a product directly affect human behevior/mood, unless it is proven to directly affect human behavior or mood.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:02 am

This isn't a question for the Security Council. It could be workable into a General Assembly proposal, whose forum is across the hall.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Naqil
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Naqil » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:47 am

"I see the WA is as nitpicky as always," snorts Ixhua. "Now you're going after advertisement? Let's take this from the top:"

CommunistAnarchicDemocracy wrote:1 search engines may not charge anyone for the order of appearance of items on a webpage that is not clearly labeled as an advertisement.

"I don't even know what this is supposed to do. Are you trying to say search engines can't rearrange search results to support an advertiser? I don't know of a single search engine that does that in the first place."

2 advertisment s may not associate the brand or logo of a product or service with health if it is not legally proven to be safe and salutary.

"I don't think this does what you think it does. In Naqil, if you want something legally proven, all you need to do is slip a judge a hundred adal. You can prove chickens have teeth that way. All it does is add extra expense to advertisers."

3 tacit statements in visiual advertisment shall be banned, unless a legal statement is made in the advertisement.

"So in other words, they need to word everything very awkwardly to avoid accidently making a tacit statement, and you can't show a can of cocoa with cocoa beans surrounding it without making a long drawn out statement that yes your cocoa has cacao in it. So stupid."

4 advertisments may not show a product directly affect human behevior/mood, unless it is proven to directly affect human behavior or mood.

"You want all advertising to show emotionless drones, then?"
This nation's views do not necessarily coincide with my own. Please assume all statements are IC unless specified otherwise.

The Naqin Ambassador is Ixhua of House Yavuas. She's extremely traditionalist, and is known to have her eye on the Presidency for when President Dratan retires.

Essu Beti is my puppet, in theory. In actuality I use Essu Beti as more or less my default these days even though this account came first.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:43 pm

Naqil wrote:"Are you trying to say search engines can't rearrange search results to support an advertiser? I don't know of a single search engine that does that in the first place."

OOC: *cough*Google*cough* But at least it marks them as advertizement.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Return to General Assembly