NATION

PASSWORD

Repeal the World Assembly

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
United Federated States of America
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federated States of America » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Preamble:

The World Assembly has been meddling too much in sovereign nations' affairs and business for too long. We are all independent nations, and reserve the right to put our interests first, whatever they may be. The World Assembly has repeatedly forced our countries to do things that we have disagreed with and we, as independent nations have rejected in favor of our countries' best interests. The World Assembly has, I am sure, helped some countries to become stronger and better through various resolutions. But the World Assembly has become a massive monster of an organization, and has interfered in many countries' affairs by forcing nations to have to pass laws that they require poorer countries to spend the little money they have to finance the creation of frivolous offices and administrations, and force them to pay for unneeded infrastructure like in the "open internet order", where countries are forced to spend taxpayers' money on internet service welfare, which is not wanted in some nations. We, as an assortment of independent nations, must dissolve the monstrousity of the World Assembly.

Article 1:

-From henceforth, the World Assembly and the W.A. Security Council shall be abolished and dissolved immediately.

Article 2:

-After the World Assembly and W.A. Security Council have been dissolved, there will be a creation of Regional Assemblies, who will govern the defense of its members, and pass resolutions that are applicable to them. Members of said Regional Assemblies will be able to create a Constitution or Treaty that states the governing of the region.

Article 3:

-Since there are thousands of regions in the NationStates universe, there will be a creation of a World Forum, a meetingplace for the nations of the world to find and communicate with each other, and Alliances.

Article 4:

-Alliances:

-Alliances will be independent of regional governments, and are on a state-by-state basis. These Alliances may war with other Alliances. Alliances will have their own forums for member to discuss plans.

Bakhton
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakhton » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:18 pm

"Wexit has come."
Big Blue Law Book
WA Voting Record
When your resolution fails.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23
Foreign Policy: -6.81
Culture Left/Right: -8.02

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:20 pm

• Alexander Smith, Tinhamptonian Delegate-Ambassador to the World Assembly: On the one hand, I'm thinking "This is an excellent resolution, and one that fits in with my beliefs as well". But on the other hand, I'm thinking "Hang on a minute... The World Assembly is unrepealable!" You have my full support - if only it was possible to enforce this resolution...
  • Jamie Williamson, Assistant to the Delegate-Ambassador: If you actually bothered to read the bloody resolution, you'd have found a gazillion-and-one illegalities in there. And aren't you one of the most stauch defenders of the Open Internet Order?
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:50 pm

• Chock full of Game Mechanics violations. Resolutions cannot change how the game works. 100% illegal.
  • If you don't want to be in the WA, resign.
  • Regional Assemblies exist. We call them "Regional Messageboards" and "Polls".
  • World Forums exist. We call them "The Forums".
  • Alliances have been considered, but they were too hard to code effectively. They won't be added anytime soon.

TL;DR? "No".

United Federated States of America
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federated States of America » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
  • Alexander Smith, Tinhamptonian Delegate-Ambassador to the World Assembly: On the one hand, I'm thinking "This is an excellent resolution, and one that fits in with my beliefs as well". But on the other hand, I'm thinking "Hang on a minute... The World Assembly is unrepealable!" You have my full support - if only it was possible to enforce this resolution...
  • Jamie Williamson, Assistant to the Delegate-Ambassador: If you actually bothered to read the bloody resolution, you'd have found a gazillion-and-one illegalities in there. And aren't you one of the most stauch defenders of the Open Internet Order?

-I'm actually not. I must have been confused about the options for the repeal bill.

I happy that support this idea. I re-read the FAQ and realized it is impossible.

RotorCountry
Civilian

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby RotorCountry » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:15 pm

The thing is people vote to oppress themselves! However I also acknowledge that resolutions can't remove a pivotal aspect from the game.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:12 am

United Federated States of America wrote:I happy that support this idea. I re-read the FAQ and realized it is impossible.

Aw, I was hoping you'd actually try to submit, then come back to the forum to freak out when you realized the game wouldn't let you. :lol:
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Chun Nan
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chun Nan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:37 pm

The Phoenix Empire of Chun Nan forwards your accusation and hopes for the best that this will someday come forth and dissolve the Assembly

"Even though this is ultimately impossible..." :(
Last edited by Chun Nan on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chun Nan
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chun Nan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:41 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
  • Chock full of Game Mechanics violations. Resolutions cannot change how the game works. 100% illegal.
  • If you don't want to be in the WA, resign.
  • Regional Assemblies exist. We call them "Regional Messageboards" and "Polls".
  • World Forums exist. We call them "The Forums".
  • Alliances have been considered, but they were too hard to code effectively. They won't be added anytime soon.

TL;DR? "No".

Alliances!? Stop right there... I've played a couple other nation game with alliances, people take it too seriously and make you do over 100 task before you can officially join their ranks, its utterly preposterous...

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Code: Select all
!

As much as the entire TurtleShroomian government and Crown dream of a dissolution of the Devil's Congregate ("World Assembly"), we know that this Resolution is dead on arrival.

Nonetheless, we wish it success.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

The Greater Siriusian Domain
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Siriusian Domain » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Ambassador Teran Saber walks into the room, reads the proposal, facepalms, scowls at the author, tears his copy of the document to shreds and leaves the room, leaving Ra'Lingth to explain.

Ra'lingth: "Ambassssador Teran Sssaber appearsss to be disssgusssted with thisss proposssal, and I would assssume with good reassson."
Last edited by The Greater Siriusian Domain on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For a mind so determined to reach the sky, on the wings of a dream!" - Sanctity, Zeppo
This nation's factbook supersedes NS stats and issues, but does not completely replace them. If there is a conflict, the Factbook is correct.

Isentran has been DENOUNCED for proposing legislation that would destroy the economy of the Greater Siriusian Domain
The Greater Siriusian Domain is a borderline Class Z9 Civilization according to this scale

Primary Ambassador: Teran Saber, Male Siriusian. Snarky, slightly arrogant.
Substitute Ambassador: Ra'lingth, Male En'gari. Speaks with emphasized "s" sounds.

The New European Order
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The New European Order » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 am

Ambassador Smith is the last one in the room, still slowly shaking his head at the document in his hands.

"No legislation in a repeal." He says quietly, before getting up, and trotting out of the chamber, tossing the draft in the trash can on the way out.
Last edited by The New European Order on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of: Jack Smith
Ambassador of Foreign Affairs
The New European Order
Office 26-D, Paris Parliament Building, 1743 Rue de Valet, Paris
smith.jack.tneo@Gmail.com
Active Assistant: None: Help Wanted

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tzorsland » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:16 am

As an aside, if every nation left the WA, then the WA would effectively cease to exist.

Not that I'm suggesting such a thing. :twisted:
"A spindizzy going sour makes the galaxy's most unnerving noise!"
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:56 pm

George Williamsen yawns. "Goodnight to you all. I had a nightmare that someone was trying to repeal-oh. Well," he says, checking off a piece of paper, "I've just lost a bet."

He folds the document into a paper airplane and throws it before he picks up his stuff and leaves.
Last edited by The Atlae Isles on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Issues #752, #816, and #967
Delegate Emeritus of The East Pacific
WA Ambassador: George Williamsen
"Gloria in Terra" | "The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."
Collecting TEP Cards! - Deputy Steward of TEAPOT

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly