NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT 9][FINAL] Allergen Labelling Standards

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 pm

"I see. Thank you for the clarification." *Nega sits back down.*

States of Glory WA Office
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Whovian Tardisia wrote:REQUESTS

OOC: TRIGGERED.

IC: Neville: (rushes into the chamber carrying a fire extinguisher) Alright, alright, where's the fire?

Fairburn: (enters) It appears that your own tactic has been used against you.

Neville: Patent infringement, I say! Call my lawyer! Employ all barristers!

As Neville exits, he pauses and points to Clause Seven.

Whovian Tardisia wrote:CLARIFIES that these requirements are subject to any exemptions granted by WAFDRA to certain types of producers, in past or future resolutions.

Neville: My knowledge of this area of World Assembly law is limited, so if I may ask, what exemptions are currently granted?
Ambassador: Neville Lynn Robert
Assistant: Harold "The Clown" Johnson
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain

Whovian Tardisia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Whovian Tardisia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:50 pm

States of Glory WA Office wrote:
Whovian Tardisia wrote:REQUESTS

OOC: TRIGGERED.

I figured as much. I can change it if you want.

Whovian Tardisia wrote:CLARIFIES that these requirements are subject to any exemptions granted by WAFDRA to certain types of producers, in past or future resolutions.

Neville: My knowledge of this area of World Assembly law is limited, so if I may ask, what exemptions are currently granted?

Ambassador Pink hops onto his laptop and opens a new tab, locating the RexiQuexis™ and navigating to GA64. He highlights the last clause, which reads:
GA64 wrote:NOTES that producers and vendors of de minimis quantities of food and drugs shall be exempt from the above clauses so long as they post visible notice at their place of sales that they are not operating under international standards

"This is the only example that currently exists, so far as we are aware. We decided to include it so that small businesses such as local bakers and butchers wouldn't be forced to pay for potentially expensive standardized labels if they didn't wish to."
He then switches back to the proposal window.
An FT (Class W11) nation capable of space travel, but has never attempted invading another planet. The Space Brigade is for defense only! Also, something happened to Ambassador Pink.
From the desk of Rupert Pink:
The Grand Gallifreyan Republic of Whovian Tardisia
Floor 12, Office 42 of WAHQ
Proud patron of the World Assembly Stranger's Bar.
The Interstellar Cartographers are back! This time, they explore Methuselah.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:47 am

Whovian Tardisia wrote:
States of Glory WA Office wrote:OOC: TRIGGERED.

I figured as much. I can change it if you want.

Relax. I was only joking. This whole 'request' drama started because I was insistent on keeping it in one of my proposals; I'm the last person who should be telling anyone to remove it.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:25 pm

OOC: Ready to submit yet? I'm excited to vote for.

Whovian Tardisia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whovian Tardisia » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Whovian Tardisia wrote:I figured as much. I can change it if you want.

Relax. I was only joking. This whole 'request' drama started because I was insistent on keeping it in one of my proposals; I'm the last person who should be telling anyone to remove it

Then stay it shall.
United Massachusetts wrote:OOC: Ready to submit yet? I'm excited to vote for.

I have a feeling the next edit will be the last. Still unsure how to go about campaigning, which is part of what's kept me drafting so long. Your support is appreciated.
An FT (Class W11) nation capable of space travel, but has never attempted invading another planet. The Space Brigade is for defense only! Also, something happened to Ambassador Pink.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:07 am

Whovian Tardisia wrote:OOC: Still unsure how to go about campaigning, which is part of what's kept me drafting so long.

OOC: If you haven't got a clue at all, I suggest getting in contact with IA for in-depth advice for the automated program. I can't wrap my mind around the API, but the alternatives are manual campaigning (time-and-effort-consuming, but entirely possible to pull off) and stamps (RL-money-consuming, though merely hitting WA Delegates rather than all WA nations isn't tooooo expensive).

Campaign TG should be polite, to the point and contain a link to the gameside page that your proposal is on (clicking the "ID" link after submitting gives you the exact URL). Also remember to mark the TGs as "campaign" to avoid getting a warning for spamming. And remember that WA delegates get tons of crappy campaign TGs, so be polite. And keep campaigning after getting quorum, since people can lose delegacy before it goes to vote and that loses you their approval.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. :)
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Araraukar wrote:Campaign TG should be polite, to the point and contain a link to the gameside page that your proposal is on (clicking the "ID" link after submitting gives you the exact URL). Also remember to mark the TGs as "campaign" to avoid getting a warning for spamming. And remember that WA delegates get tons of crappy campaign TGs, so be polite. And keep campaigning after getting quorum, since people can lose delegacy before it goes to vote and that loses you their approval.

Not being a delegate and having passed very few resolutions, I can see why you lack the information necessary to falsify the ramblings above. However, speaking from personal experience both as a delegate (something I happen to have over two years experience on) and as one of the most prolific authors in the Assembly:

1. Campaign telegrams should be long. Of course, they should be phrased in terms of respect, since you are asking someone to take time out of their life to do you a favour. Delegates receive few campaign telegrams, except in times of extreme activity. We do not, as of 5 Dec, live in such a time. Your telegram should introduce at least two arguments in favour of your proposal. It does not matter whether you send them in character or out of character. I generally send them IC because that is more friendly to the reader. After stating what problem your proposal solves, why that is important, and how it solves that, include the link to the proposal. It should look something like the following.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=imperium_anglorum_1493526365
2. Do mark them as campaign. You can also personalise your telegrams using the %NATION% macro. And if you are using the API, use an API client that automatically skips nations which do not accept campaign telegrams. (Communique does this automatically. Also, I will be releasing a new version of Communique soon, just a heads up.)

3. Hit all the delegates. On API, this should take around 12 hours. You should hit all of them because your campaign telegram is not only for approvals (which, after hitting all of them, you will almost certainly get,) but also to give support for the proposal they will be voting on. You need not worry about the turnover in Delegates. The number of Delegates turned over per night is minimal compared to the number of delegates as a whole.

4. Also, since this seems to be a thing that some people refuse to believe: campaign telegrams ought be treated as if they are public information. First, you are sending thousands of them to thousands of people, most of whom you do not know in any way. You ought not have any expectation of privacy when doing so. Furthermore, your telegrams will be reposted and responded to semi-publicly.

To avoid some kind of accusation of betrayal in the future, I am noting here that I will likely not support this proposal. However, feel free to telegram me if you want any more pointers on campaigning (or sample campaigns I have run) or support for Communiqué and the API. However, as you have a Discord, send a personal message, it's far better than telegrams.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:23 am, edited 6 times in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Whovian Tardisia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whovian Tardisia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:-snip-

Thanks for the pointers, and I will be asking a bit about Communique. Sad to see a lack of support, but glad for the help.

Ambassador Pink, after some quick clacking at the keyboard, returned to the microphone.
"This is our final version of the proposal, and therefore your last chance to critique it. If anything vital needs changing, please let us know." He straightened his tie, as if attempting to emphasize the importance of his words. "Certain tools may come in handy at this point, if required, and we are also curious about everyone's current stance. Feel free to put forth your position on the proposal, if you wish. The submission process will commence after the upcoming holidays. Have at it."

The crack in the wall glowed slightly at that last remark. Pink paid no mind to it.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Nega: "We will support this measure, and I hope everyone else does too."

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:*snip*

OOC: Hehehehe, it worked. :P

EDIT: The bit of my advice about "short and to the point" campaign message was based on feedback from several delegates during a campaign long ago, but maybe that has changed since then. ;)
Last edited by Araraukar on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Neville: We can't see any issues right now, so unless someone points out a fatal flaw at the last minute, we'd be happy to vote in favour.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly