NATION

PASSWORD

[Need help] Biannual International Athletic Tournament

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being terrible, and 10 being awesome, is this proposal any good?

71%
No votes
7%
7%
7%
No votes
No votes
7%
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 14

The Ender Dimension
Political Columnist

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

[Need help] Biannual International Athletic Tournament

Postby The Ender Dimension » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:13 pm

NOTING that an organized international athletic tournament does not yet exist,

RECOGNIZING the lack of interesting national athletic leagues,

UNDERSTANDING that citizens of WA member nations are lacking proper athletic-based entertainment,

THE WA HEREBY instates an voluntary medium for athletes worldwide to earn glory for their homelands, via a medal-based system of commending athletes for their performance in events based on certain athletic activities.
The Ender Dimension, founder, discoverer, and WA Delegate of The End
Please join!
:)

Leontopialand
Civilian

Founded: Jan 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Leontopialand » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:33 pm

The nation of Leontopialand always supports international cooperation in all its forms. A well regulated international athletic competition, we feel, will promote awareness of the differences and commonalities of all nations. We, therefore, endorse this idea.

Calladan
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calladan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:05 am

The Ender Dimension wrote:NOTING that an organized international athletic tournament does not yet exist,

UNDERSTANDING that citizens of WA member nations are lacking proper athletic-based entertainment,

THE WA HEREBY instates an voluntary medium for athletes worldwide to earn glory for their homelands, via a medal-based system of commending athletes for their performance in events based on certain athletic activities.

If you look through previous debates around this topic, you'll see I am not a fan of things like this. Plus while your proposal is fairly specific and concise, it is lacking definition and detail. And I think that some sort of olympiad already exists in Nation States, and even if it doesn't, can you provide a reasonable reason why The World Assembly should be responsible for holding it?
Tara A McGill, Ambassador to Lucinda G Doyle III
"Always be yourself, unless you can be Zathras. Then be Zathras"
A Rough Guide To Calladan | The Seven Years of Darkness | Ambassador McGill's Facebook Page
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, providing they are Christian & white" - Trump

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:15 am

I think you mean biennual (every other year) rather than biannual (twice a year).
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:12 am

The following version has been submitted:
Biannual International Athletics Tournament
A resolution to legalize or outlaw gambling.

Category: Gambling
Legalize/Outlaw: Legalize
Proposed by: The Ender Dimension

NOTING that an organized international athletic tournament does not yet exist,

THE WA HEREBY CREATES a council for the planning and hosting of the BIAT, or Biannual International Athletics Tournament, a voluntary medium for athletes worldwide to earn glory for their homelands via a medal-based system of commending athletes for their performance in events based on certain athletic activities, and a medium for people in all nations, member or otherwise, to earn money by betting on BIAT athletes.

In my opinion it is illegal for doing nothing except creating a committee, and I advise the author to ask the Mods to remove it from the list.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Nations can already do this without WA support. In fact, we already do.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:54 am

OOC: There is an entire subforum for this. It's called "NS SPORTS".

IC: We find it rather insulting that you believe that nations are incapable of forming and operating amateur and professional athletic leagues without the benevolent guidance of the WA. Just where, may I ask, did you get the impression we were all floundering in the dark trying to form a pub darts association or something?
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly