NATION

PASSWORD

[Passed!!] Responsibility in Transferring Arms

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sciongrad
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:59 am

"Sciongrad would like to thank all of those friends and allies that voted for this resolution. After almost four years of work, setbacks, and obstacles, we've finally managed to implement meaningful arms regulations, making the world just a little bit safer!"
Natalia Santos, Plenipotentiary and Permanent Scionite Representative to the World Assembly

Ideological Bulwark #271

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:25 am

And soon the repeal cycle will begin on this again.

The Empire will continue to business as it has always done. All current contacts will be honored as written.
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

Vulcan Confederacy
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Constitution

Postby Vulcan Confederacy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Wallenburg wrote:
Vulcan Confederacy wrote:

The Vulcan confederacy will also ignore this resolution, as other resolutions are being struck down as lacking constitutional authority, as is the right of the expungement body. Our military is replacing soldiers with giant, nuclear powered robots. Our economy is strong and our tech sector unhindered by wanton and wreck less government waste and regulation.

If this resolution passes, we shall be forced to consider withdrawing from the WA.

"World Assembly law overrides national constitutions. Your constitution means nothing in the face of the international resolutions you are violating."

No one has changed the constitution of the confederacy. It remains in force, as written. It is the law of the land, not a dictatorship of a supranational panel or the wishes of the majority. We have the rule of law in this nation. It is founded from the bottom up and serves everyone in its consistency.

If the World Assembly law has Supremacy then its administrattors or any of the constituent member states may come and enforce them. Giant, nuclear powered death robots and drones are ready to greet thee.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:36 pm

2 GA: "Article 9 § Every WA Member State has the duty to carry out in good faith its obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law, including this World Assembly, and it may not invoke provisions in its constitution or its laws as an excuse for failure to perform this duty."
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:44 pm

OOC: Congrats, Scion!

IC: "Mrs Comrade General Secretary has issued a statement on behalf of the Communism, It's a Party! party and the Bananamen people commending the government and people of the Monarchical Republic of Sciongrad and their representatives at the World Assembly and congratulating them on the passage of a fine addition to international law. I am pleased to convey these sentiments to your delegation, Ambassador Santos."

- Ted
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:51 am

"Congratulations Ambassador, this passage was well deserved."

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:41 pm

So, the next round of drinks is on Natalia's tab, right?
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

The Republic of MrHands
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Why

Postby The Republic of MrHands » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:01 am

Why do you try to take people's rights away, what if another nation wants to do this, regulation makes more people angry and upset. How about letting each individual nation regulate things the way they want to. This is a travesty and should be repealed!

Thyerata
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thyerata » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:01 am

Vulcan Confederacy wrote:
Morlago wrote:"In addition to the words of our fellow ambassadors, we remind you that you are bound by GAR #122, and given your response, also recommend that you consider hiring more than just one sapient, literate employee."

The Vulcan confederacy will also ignore this resolution, as other resolutions are being struck down as lacking constitutional authority, as is the right of the expungement body. Our military is replacing soldiers with giant, nuclear powered robots. Our economy is strong and our tech sector unhindered by wanton and wreck less government waste and regulation.

If this resolution passes, we shall be forced to consider withdrawing from the WA.

But ambassador, since your nation is a member of the WA, one would assume that your constitution Envisages membership, and the WA's resultant ability to develop international law on behalf of its members. Why, therefore, is this resolution unconstitutional?
From the Desk of the Honourable Matthew Merriweather Ph.D. (Law, 2040) LLM Public and International Law, 2036) LLB Law (2035) (all from Thyerata State University)
Thytian Ambassador to the World Assembly and Security Council

I'm a gay man with an LLM, mild Asperger syndrome and only one functioning eye. My IC posts may reflect this, so please be aware

Thyerata
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thyerata » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:05 am

Doppio Giudici wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:"If those nations do not pose a persistent existential threat to your nation, yes, it is conquest."

So this is a pro-slavery treaty, because every single nation locked in war for the sake of their fellow man, would be put under an arms embargo.

This would include the most powerful and respectable arms dealers, if they were part of the WA.

Due to this, I urge all anti-slavery arms dealers or nations, to pull out of the WA and leave it to it's slavery protecting schemes.

I can't remember the resolution, but slavery is already banned ambassador. Additionally, it's generally the case that any law that predates a nation's joining would automatically become applicable
From the Desk of the Honourable Matthew Merriweather Ph.D. (Law, 2040) LLM Public and International Law, 2036) LLB Law (2035) (all from Thyerata State University)
Thytian Ambassador to the World Assembly and Security Council

I'm a gay man with an LLM, mild Asperger syndrome and only one functioning eye. My IC posts may reflect this, so please be aware

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Thyerata wrote:
Doppio Giudici wrote:
So this is a pro-slavery treaty, because every single nation locked in war for the sake of their fellow man, would be put under an arms embargo.

This would include the most powerful and respectable arms dealers, if they were part of the WA.

Due to this, I urge all anti-slavery arms dealers or nations, to pull out of the WA and leave it to it's slavery protecting schemes.

I can't remember the resolution, but slavery is already banned ambassador. Additionally, it's generally the case that any law that predates a nation's joining would automatically become applicable

"The World Assembly has no authority to prohibit slavery in non-member nations, Ambassador. But a member nation engaging in war with such a non-member slave-holding nation would be under a WA arms embargo."
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Bakhton
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakhton » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Thyerata wrote:

"The World Assembly has no authority to prohibit slavery in non-member nations, Ambassador. But a member nation engaging in war with such a non-member slave-holding nation would be under a WA arms embargo."

"Ambassadors, I do believe there is another discussion for this bickering," says an exacerbated Lara Qzu having to attend two separate briefings for the same discussion. "The honourable Ambassador Blackbourne has already aired his complaints under the proposed repeal. To keep bringing up discussion of this old case is a waste of my staff's time, and future criticism really should for brevity's sake take place in the discussions of the repeal."
Last edited by Bakhton on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Big Blue Law Book
WA Voting Record
When your resolution fails.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23
Foreign Policy: -6.81
Culture Left/Right: -8.02

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives