NATION

PASSWORD

Abolishment of WA Security Council

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Lurikastan
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Abolishment of WA Security Council

Postby Lurikastan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:46 pm

((RETHOUGHT MY VIEW ON THE PROPOSAL THREAD CLOSED))
Last edited by Lurikastan on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Millitary Status: Dissolved Active Peacetime Alert High Alert In War - Hans Van Stone

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Abolishment of WA Security Council

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:22 pm

This is ILLEGAL! So, no.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Lurikastan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lurikastan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:25 pm

No according to the WA's own resolutions as I interpret them the Security Council as it exists now is illegal. Now I do welcome more criticism, and I welcome positive comments.
Millitary Status: Dissolved Active Peacetime Alert High Alert In War - Hans Van Stone

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:27 pm

The Security Council only does Commendation and Condemnations of nations. Nothing more.

This part is the illegal part:

The Passage of this Resolution will officially ((OOC: via coding)) or unofficially ((OOC: By our collected will powers)) abolish the WA Security Council as it stands today, and if this Resolution fails to pass then WA Resolution 2 must be amended or overturned, as there is a conflict in the law books.
The Cake is a lie!

Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.

Lurikastan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lurikastan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:46 pm

But the aforementioned processes mostly the Condemnation process is in violation of the quoted text. The section of my proposal that you quoted wont be in the official proposal though.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:52 pm

<<OOC: *headdesks* Ok, I'm going to LEAVE this thread before I do something I will regret, due to my rage levels right now. Good bye and good day.>>
Last edited by The Emmerian Unions on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cake is a lie!

Lurikastan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lurikastan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:53 pm

((OOC: Bye, have a nice day...))

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:56 pm

Changes game mechanics. Illegal.
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:57 pm

As the other players have mentioned. If you really wish to abolish the WASC, bring up the issue in Technical , as a technical complaint or what not. Proposals aren't allowed if they require subsequent coding to fulfill its claims.

And I don't believe thats a violation of that clause ...

"Whilst WA Member States may engage in wars, the World Assembly as a body maintains neutrality in matters of civil and international strife."

There is no definition for neutrality. I would see it as the WA remaining neutral so long as they don't engage in warfare directly - hence the ban on a WA army for writing proposals.

And also, for an example of the WASC's legality,

As I see it, the GA has already condemned terrorism by member-states, so to further condemn those nations that persist seems entirely logical, and legal.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Ah, alas you've closed discussion.

Have a nice day. :)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly