NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The New Nordic Union
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 421
Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The New Nordic Union » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:36 am

Repeal: “Ban On Secret Treaties”
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#408

Proposed by: Wolfkaria

General Assembly Resolution #408 “Ban on Secret Treaties” (Category: Furtherment of Democracy; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

A ban on secret treaties is a bad idea for many reasons. First you will be restricting our freedom which for some is very important to them and myself. Next it will be very restrictive on power which can make it hard to rise the ranks in certain regions. And lastly sometimes deals can't be done in public and people will prefer to keep there treaties to themselves. "Long live the king of wolves"- King Kris II of Wolfkaria


Branding, does not adress the target, metagaming
Permanent Representative of the Nordic Union to the World Assembly: Katrin við Keldu

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 19163
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:58 am

For reference:
Dictatorship And Democratic Unification
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: Furtherment of Democracy
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: South Helghan

The formation of the Dictators Democratic Council under the leadership of The dictatorship of South Helghan.

Approvals: 0

GenSec Status: ILLEGAL — HELD
Info
Seconds ago: Grays Harbor: Illegal — Branding; No operative Clause; Committee Only; Proposal Basics (must be written from the WA perspective)
1 minute ago: Bears Armed: Illegal — Category incorrect; Proposal Basics (Proposals must be written as laws); either 'Ideological ban' (if it's meant to affect ALL of the WA's members) or 'Optionality' (if it's only to affect those that are already dictatorships); Branding; No Operative Clause.

Status: Lacking Support (requires 69 more approvals)
Voting Ends: in 3 days.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

User avatar
Big Octopus
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Aug 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Big Octopus » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:07 am

Spammy ancient horror, Dark Puppet Overlord and Fxtagning owner of Cthulhu Cola TM

User avatar
Jebslund
Minister
 
Posts: 2738
Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:23 am

Big Octopus wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=edusia_1575687366
Not written as law.

In future, copypasta the body here instead of linking to it. Proposals sometimes get withdrawn and resubmitted before GENSEC sees this thread.

EDIT: Having the actual text of the proposal in this thread also serves as a what not to do for anyone new reading this thread.
Last edited by Jebslund on Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

User avatar
Morover
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Morover » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:16 am

"Minimum Wage Confirmation"
Social Justice - Strong
Proposed by Haivon


World Assembly,

Noting that people are in bad live position;

Confirming that people aren't receiving their reward;

Hereby declares:

1.All workers will have their salary received in day,
a. Employers which disrespect this rule will receive a punishment;

2. All workers will have an universal minimum wage determined by the World Assembly,
a. As the law 1, Employers will be punished if they break this rule,
b. The Universal Minimum Wage can change with time according to World Economy, Inflation and other factors;

3. Nations without ability to comply this Law because of internal motives will receive International and WA help,
a. WA will select the Nations with ability to help these Nations,
b. Help is not compulsory.

Illegalities: Wrong Category Strength (either mild or significant, I should think), metagaming (affects all nations, not just member-nations. In all fairness though, I'm not super aware of the precedent on this)
Last edited by Morover on Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Big Octopus
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Aug 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Big Octopus » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:50 am

General Assembly Proposal
ID: smart_land_1578688014
Ban on illicit drugs
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.
Category: Moral Decency
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Smart Land
This resolution hereby bans methamphetamine, heroin and LSD with the exception of restricted medical uses. The reason to ban these drugs is because they are dangerous to our global health and economy.
Approvals: 1 (Aterman)
Not written as law. Branding. ("our")
Spammy ancient horror, Dark Puppet Overlord and Fxtagning owner of Cthulhu Cola TM

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 19163
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:14 am

Big Octopus wrote:General Assembly Proposal
ID: smart_land_1578688014
Ban on illicit drugs
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.
Category: Moral Decency
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Smart Land
This resolution hereby bans methamphetamine, heroin and LSD with the exception of restricted medical uses. The reason to ban these drugs is because they are dangerous to our global health and economy.
Approvals: 1 (Aterman)
Not written as law. Branding. ("our")

It isn't written in the GA's usual format, but it is significantly closer to a law than to just a bloggish post in form: Legal. [one-sixth of GenSec]
"our", when it can be read as applying to the WA's member collectively (rather than just to a group of players) as is the case here, is acceptable: Legal [precedent]
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

User avatar
Morover
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Morover » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:40 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Big Octopus wrote:General Assembly Proposal
ID: smart_land_1578688014
Ban on illicit drugs
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.
Category: Moral Decency
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Smart Land
This resolution hereby bans methamphetamine, heroin and LSD with the exception of restricted medical uses. The reason to ban these drugs is because they are dangerous to our global health and economy.
Approvals: 1 (Aterman)
Not written as law. Branding. ("our")

It isn't written in the GA's usual format, but it is significantly closer to a law than to just a bloggish post in form: Legal. [one-sixth of GenSec]
"our", when it can be read as applying to the WA's member collectively (rather than just to a group of players) as is the case here, is acceptable: Legal [precedent]

Would the strength not be illegal? "Strong" seems to be incorrect here, perhaps "Significant."

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 19163
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:51 am

Morover wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:It isn't written in the GA's usual format, but it is significantly closer to a law than to just a bloggish post in form: Legal. [one-sixth of GenSec]
"our", when it can be read as applying to the WA's member collectively (rather than just to a group of players) as is the case here, is acceptable: Legal [precedent]

Would the strength not be illegal? "Strong" seems to be incorrect here, perhaps "Significant."

I agree about that detail, now that it's been pointed out: 'Strong' should be for a much wider ban. (EDIT:) or perhaps to a ban on the same range of substances but with much stricter specifications about how to punish the offence.

Anyway, it has now been pulled & then resubmitted as 'Significant'.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22883
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:07 am

Ban On Chocolate
A resolution to enact uniform standards that protect workers, consumers, and the general public.

Category: Regulation

Area of Effect: Labour Rights

Proposed by: Cantanasia

The World Assembly hereby bans chocolate from being produced for the following reason;

Chocolate uses young labor which is bad because it doesn't protect their rights.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1579174370

The Area of Effect seems wrong, as the proposal is primarily about banning a product, with the mention of young labor just being a reason, rather than the effect...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the complete victory over Caesar's Legion, and the pacification and annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.
Current President of The NCR: Aaron Kimball.
Current NCR Ambassador to The World Assembly: Colonel James Hsu, NCR Army (Ret.)
.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22883
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:19 pm

Repeal: “Nuclear Arms Possession Act”
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#10

Proposed by: Byni

General Assembly Resolution #10 “Nuclear Arms Possession Act” (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

About 80 years ago humanity got a weapon that could destroy ourselves.
This weapon was the Atom Bomb. 146,000 people died from the dropping of only two of weaker versions of this bomb. Now we have stronger bombs that could kill even more people.
So why should the world allow these weapons to be used!
Why: This weapon is to powerful to be allowed in this world to many people die from its power.
Why should we allow this weapon in the world if it can kill so many.
So please vote wisely and repeal this act.

RL references.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the complete victory over Caesar's Legion, and the pacification and annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.
Current President of The NCR: Aaron Kimball.
Current NCR Ambassador to The World Assembly: Colonel James Hsu, NCR Army (Ret.)
.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Araraukar
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14435
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:00 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Repeal: “Nuclear Arms Possession Act”
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#10

Proposed by: Byni

General Assembly Resolution #10 “Nuclear Arms Possession Act” (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

About 80 years ago humanity got a weapon that could destroy ourselves.
This weapon was the Atom Bomb. 146,000 people died from the dropping of only two of weaker versions of this bomb. Now we have stronger bombs that could kill even more people.
So why should the world allow these weapons to be used!
Why: This weapon is to powerful to be allowed in this world to many people die from its power.
Why should we allow this weapon in the world if it can kill so many.
So please vote wisely and repeal this act.

RL references.

Also not written as law (even as a repeal).
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk.

Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Araraukar wrote:
Blueflarst wrote:a cosmopolitan hammer
United Massachusetts wrote:Can we all call ourselves "cosmopolitan hammers"?
Us cosmopolitan hammers
Can teach some manners
Often sorely lacking
Hence us attacking
Silly GA spammers

User avatar
Verdant Haven
Diplomat
 
Posts: 577
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Verdant Haven » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:29 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Repeal: “Nuclear Arms Possession Act”
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#10

Proposed by: Byni

General Assembly Resolution #10 “Nuclear Arms Possession Act” (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

About 80 years ago humanity got a weapon that could destroy ourselves.
This weapon was the Atom Bomb. 146,000 people died from the dropping of only two of weaker versions of this bomb. Now we have stronger bombs that could kill even more people.
So why should the world allow these weapons to be used!
Why: This weapon is to powerful to be allowed in this world to many people die from its power.
Why should we allow this weapon in the world if it can kill so many.
So please vote wisely and repeal this act.

RL references.


And yet it somehow just got marked "Legal"... I guess I'm going to go post a Legality Challenge?

User avatar
Morover
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Morover » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:30 pm

Verdant Haven wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:RL references.


And yet it somehow just got marked "Legal"... I guess I'm going to go post a Legality Challenge?

Perhaps it's just my opinion, but there's really no point in a legality challenge unless it actually has a chance of passing (or even making it to vote).

User avatar
Araraukar
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14435
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:37 pm

Morover wrote:
Verdant Haven wrote:And yet it somehow just got marked "Legal"... I guess I'm going to go post a Legality Challenge?

Perhaps it's just my opinion, but there's really no point in a legality challenge unless it actually has a chance of passing (or even making it to vote).

But it still shouldn't have been marked legal, and getting something declared illegal when it doesn't have a thread to debate on, can only be done with a Legality Challenge. Also, the author won't learn if a clearly illegal one is marked legal, as they're unlikely to be reading this forum to begin with.

EDIT: At the very least I'd like to hear the GenSec reasoning why it was declared legal.
Last edited by Araraukar on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk.

Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Araraukar wrote:
Blueflarst wrote:a cosmopolitan hammer
United Massachusetts wrote:Can we all call ourselves "cosmopolitan hammers"?
Us cosmopolitan hammers
Can teach some manners
Often sorely lacking
Hence us attacking
Silly GA spammers

User avatar
Morover
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Morover » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Morover wrote:Perhaps it's just my opinion, but there's really no point in a legality challenge unless it actually has a chance of passing (or even making it to vote).

But it still shouldn't have been marked legal, and getting something declared illegal when it doesn't have a thread to debate on, can only be done with a Legality Challenge. Also, the author won't learn if a clearly illegal one is marked legal, as they're unlikely to be reading this forum to begin with.

That's fair enough. I just meant that it was likely a mistake on GenSec's part and seems like a rather small issue to create an entirely new thread about. To each their own, though, I suppose. It certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 19163
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:18 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Ban On Chocolate
A resolution to enact uniform standards that protect workers, consumers, and the general public.

Category: Regulation

Area of Effect: Labour Rights

Proposed by: Cantanasia

The World Assembly hereby bans chocolate from being produced for the following reason;

Chocolate uses young labor which is bad because it doesn't protect their rights.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1579174370

The Area of Effect seems wrong, as the proposal is primarily about banning a product, with the mention of young labor just being a reason, rather than the effect...

Agreed (even leaving aside the possible argument that the reference to young labor is a RL one...): It's currently at 1:1 for Legal: Illegal.

Morover wrote:
Araraukar wrote:But it still shouldn't have been marked legal, and getting something declared illegal when it doesn't have a thread to debate on, can only be done with a Legality Challenge. Also, the author won't learn if a clearly illegal one is marked legal, as they're unlikely to be reading this forum to begin with.

That's fair enough. I just meant that it was likely a mistake on GenSec's part and seems like a rather small issue to create an entirely new thread about. To each their own, though, I suppose. It certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

The only GenSec member who marked this as 'legal' has since changed their mind, and it now has 3 votes for 'illegal' instead.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

User avatar
Morover
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Morover » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:10 am

Moral Decency - Significant
by The glorious state of Corbyn

Understands that raiding regions is something many nations and regions enjoy.
Questioning why nations in the world assembly are allowed to disrupt world peace and ruin other regions?
Knowing that raiding will always be an issue outside of the world assembly no matter what.
However hoping that the amount of raiding worldwide drops with the passing of this bill.
Hereby bans raiding.

Metagaming ("region", "raiding"), Game Mechanics (would effectively require an overhaul of delegate system), category (I don't think there could be a category for this, but it would seem to be political stability to me)

User avatar
Teretstein
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Sep 25, 2010
Anarchy

Postby Teretstein » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:16 am

Moral Impact: High
Kill all humans

All nations must eradicate all humans within their borders within 8 hours
Last edited by Teretstein on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grays Harbor
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18240
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:05 am

Teretstein wrote:
Moral Impact: High
Kill all humans

All nations must eradicate all humans within their borders within 8 hours


This is not where joke proposals go. This thread is for already submitted proposals which may be illegal under GA and game rules.
I am The Grumpy Old Man. Seriously. Not kidding in the slightest.

And, oh yeah, ... You kids get off my lawn. Seriously. Off. Now.

Head of the Grays Harbor WA delegation: Sir Henry Rodut, OHE, GHC

User avatar
Merni
Diplomat
 
Posts: 895
Founded: May 03, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Merni » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:59 pm

General Assembly Proposal
ID: warren_democracy_1581214307

Universal Safety
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: Warren democracy
I propose that the majority of safe nations put together universal agreements to outlaw nuclear and weapons of mass destruction of major countries that have a high crime rate and look to do harm to others Without justifiable cause. I believe the General assembly should monitor countries that intend to do harm with weapons of mass destruction and make it illegal to make or distribute uranium or other resources to make weapons of mass destruction.

Approvals: 0

GenSec Status: LEGAL
Info
Status: Lacking Support (requires 70 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 2 hours


Proposal basics, and submitted twice on top of that.
Join The Labyrinth | GA Committee List | Free time? Help Gutenberg! | Archive your RMB
NS Parliament: Anna Nilsson, Deputy Speaker (Koternholm, PLP) (Standing Orders)
Qersi Int'l Airport


I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born. — Ronald Reagan

When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People’s Stick.' — Mikhail Bakunin (to Karl Marx)

You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. — Ardchoille

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion [...] but rather by its superiority in applying organised violence. — Samuel P. Huntington

Eco L/R: -6.75
Soc Lib/Auth: -1.95

User avatar
Jebslund
Minister
 
Posts: 2738
Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:23 pm

Merni wrote:
General Assembly Proposal
ID: warren_democracy_1581214307

Universal Safety
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: Warren democracy
I propose that the majority of safe nations put together universal agreements to outlaw nuclear and weapons of mass destruction of major countries that have a high crime rate and look to do harm to others Without justifiable cause. I believe the General assembly should monitor countries that intend to do harm with weapons of mass destruction and make it illegal to make or distribute uranium or other resources to make weapons of mass destruction.

Approvals: 0

GenSec Status: LEGAL
Info
Status: Lacking Support (requires 70 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 2 hours


Proposal basics, and submitted twice on top of that.

No operative clause as well. "I believe/propose" does nothing. Then there's the branding and the obvious attempts to affect nations outside the WA.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 19163
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:23 am

Jebslund wrote:
Merni wrote:
General Assembly Proposal
ID: warren_democracy_1581214307

Universal Safety
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: Warren democracy
I propose that the majority of safe nations put together universal agreements to outlaw nuclear and weapons of mass destruction of major countries that have a high crime rate and look to do harm to others Without justifiable cause. I believe the General assembly should monitor countries that intend to do harm with weapons of mass destruction and make it illegal to make or distribute uranium or other resources to make weapons of mass destruction.

Approvals: 0

GenSec Status: LEGAL
Info
Status: Lacking Support (requires 70 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 2 hours


Proposal basics, and submitted twice on top of that.

No operative clause as well. "I believe/propose" does nothing. Then there's the branding and the obvious attempts to affect nations outside the WA.

... and too much overlap with existing resolutions, as well.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

User avatar
Merni
Diplomat
 
Posts: 895
Founded: May 03, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Merni » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:55 am

General Assembly Proposal
ID: warren_democracy_1581216812

Clean Air And Water Act
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental
Industry Affected: Manufacturing
Proposed by: Warren democracy
This Legislation requires all fossil fuel industry’s uranium industries and industrial aquatic transportation industry’s to adopt safety measures and procedures and set standards for protection of all waterways and to prevent pollution in accordance with this law

Act one
Fossil fuel industry is for bidden to dump oil into any body of water. Law Mandates dumping in a recycling center. Along with any other hazardous waste must be properly disposed.

Coal power plants must use layered catalyst filters on their smokestacks to cut down on the carbon footprint produced by coal burning. And must pass an emissions test annually.

Act two
All major Oil and fuel tankers must be inspected semi annually for leaks. All major tankers must be double hulled to prevent leaks and dangerous spills.

All major vessels must be clean annually and inspected for any leaks or damage

All major transportation vessels must pass inspection before put into rotation for use.

All industries are required to report their inspections to the General assembly for approval annually.

Failure to comply with industry set standards or inspections will result in an immediate removal ofVessel or shut down and inspection of the Industry that fails.

Approvals: 1 (United England N Wales)

GenSec Status: LEGAL
Info
Status: Lacking Support (requires 69 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 2 days 13 hours

Wouldn't Mining be a better AoE fit?
Join The Labyrinth | GA Committee List | Free time? Help Gutenberg! | Archive your RMB
NS Parliament: Anna Nilsson, Deputy Speaker (Koternholm, PLP) (Standing Orders)
Qersi Int'l Airport


I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born. — Ronald Reagan

When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People’s Stick.' — Mikhail Bakunin (to Karl Marx)

You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. — Ardchoille

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion [...] but rather by its superiority in applying organised violence. — Samuel P. Huntington

Eco L/R: -6.75
Soc Lib/Auth: -1.95

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 19163
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:02 am

Merni wrote:
General Assembly Proposal
ID: warren_democracy_1581216812

Clean Air And Water Act
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental
Industry Affected: Manufacturing
Proposed by: Warren democracy
This Legislation requires all fossil fuel industry’s uranium industries and industrial aquatic transportation industry’s to adopt safety measures and procedures and set standards for protection of all waterways and to prevent pollution in accordance with this law

Act one
Fossil fuel industry is for bidden to dump oil into any body of water. Law Mandates dumping in a recycling center. Along with any other hazardous waste must be properly disposed.

Coal power plants must use layered catalyst filters on their smokestacks to cut down on the carbon footprint produced by coal burning. And must pass an emissions test annually.

Act two
All major Oil and fuel tankers must be inspected semi annually for leaks. All major tankers must be double hulled to prevent leaks and dangerous spills.

All major vessels must be clean annually and inspected for any leaks or damage

All major transportation vessels must pass inspection before put into rotation for use.

All industries are required to report their inspections to the General assembly for approval annually.

Failure to comply with industry set standards or inspections will result in an immediate removal ofVessel or shut down and inspection of the Industry that fails.

Approvals: 1 (United England N Wales)

GenSec Status: LEGAL
Info
Status: Lacking Support (requires 69 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 2 days 13 hours

Wouldn't Mining be a better AoE fit?

It's arguable. Taking another look, however, I'm going to declare this illegal for Game Mechanics because there's no way for the "General assembly" to approve (or disapprove) industries' inspections annually as this would require: I'll explain that they need to give a named committee this job, instead, and suggest that they do their re-drafting in this forum...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Excidium Planetis

Advertisement

Remove ads