NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Morover
Envoy
 
Posts: 315
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Morover » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:07 am

Repeal: “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy”
The World Assembly,

Praising the essence of General Assembly resolution #467 and supportive of its attempt to better the civil rights of minorities across the world;

Aware of the controversial status of transexual and non-binary people;

Concerned however, with the impracticalities of the Resolution and its near-sightedness when addressing conservative societies, that do not recognise gender and gender identity incompatibility;

Discerning that such a resolution would force World Assembly member nations, of said conservative societies, to implement legislation, that accepts heavily controversial matters as factual and would be massively unpopular amongst the majorities of their populations;

Acknowledging that resolution #476 could potentially be a dividing element between WA member nations;

Seeking to be a uniting force between all WA member nations, would allow each WA member nation the freedom to decide the implementation of legislation concerning social and by extent cultural affairs;

Hereby repeals GA Resolution #476.

NatSov only repeal.

User avatar
Morover
Envoy
 
Posts: 315
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Morover » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:32 am

Commend Culture Protection
This security councile proposal is about defending the general culture, even hidden cultures. Since today we are forgetting past cultures, which is important, it must be protected with their own efforts.

The conditions are:

1. Regions should watch what they act and if it goes against culture, it should be condemened

2. If a region that was already condemned doesn't stop to destroy culture, then it must be liberated

3. A nation who wants to fight ignorance should have a strong will to preserve culture

4. Since even controversial stuff is considered culture, it should be used to be cautious when it comes to contents or truths in the future

Feel free to vote "for" or "against"

Metagaming ("security councile", "Regions", "condemened"), Wrong category (Environmental - Agriculture)

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18478
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:56 am

Morover wrote:Commend Culture Protection
This security councile proposal is about defending the general culture, even hidden cultures. Since today we are forgetting past cultures, which is important, it must be protected with their own efforts.

The conditions are:

1. Regions should watch what they act and if it goes against culture, it should be condemened

2. If a region that was already condemned doesn't stop to destroy culture, then it must be liberated

3. A nation who wants to fight ignorance should have a strong will to preserve culture

4. Since even controversial stuff is considered culture, it should be used to be cautious when it comes to contents or truths in the future

Feel free to vote "for" or "against"

Metagaming ("security councile", "Regions", "condemened"), Wrong category (Environmental - Agriculture)

Agreed.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

User avatar
The New Nordic Union
Envoy
 
Posts: 325
Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The New Nordic Union » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:25 am

General Assembly Proposal
ID: traditionalist_europa_1564123233

Repeal: “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy”
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#467

Proposed by: Traditionalist Europa

General Assembly Resolution #467 “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly, by the advice and consent of the delegates and member nations thereof, and by the authority of Logos reject The Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy act.

The following are inalienable truths in accord with the laws of reality and biology:

1: Biological sex refers to whether we are female or male, based on our anatomy and reproductive functions. The concept of sex is, by definition, binary.

2: This remains true regardless of as many as 1 percents of the population being intersex, a medical condition denoting that an individual possesses anatomy characteristic of both sexes, such as a combination of vulvar and testicular tissue. Statistically speaking, however, this means that the vast majority of us fall into one category of sex or the other. It, therefore, becomes a question of whether a statistically rare occurrence in the general population should be considered typical. An analogy that is commonly used to illustrate this is the fact that most of us have 10 fingers. There exist individuals who possess fewer or more than 10 digits on their hands, but this hasn’t called for a re-conceptualization of how many fingers a human being has.

3: This bill allows children who are in A fragile state of mind to mutilate their genitalia. Keep in mind these are the same children who still believe in fairy tales, and don't know that there are consequences for actions! Children who can be taken advantage of for corporate profit. Keep in mind doctors and medical institutions make money in a similar fashion to retail stores in many countries! They have an incentive to propagandize children for profit!

Defines, for the purposes of this resolution, "hormone therapy" as a medical treatment involving the use of naturally occurring hormones for the purpose of altering one's secondary sex characteristics to more accurately reflect their gender identity is not in accord with reality and can be a predatory practice. As such “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” must be repealed!


Legislating in a repeal (The 'truths' in the beginning); Honest Mistake (Nothing in the resolution talks about intersex, the 'bill' says nothing about genitalia, children also cannot agree to procedures if they cannot consent (and PRA still applies))
Last edited by The New Nordic Union on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Permanent Representative of the Nordic Union to the World Assembly: Katrin við Keldu

User avatar
Grays Harbor
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18067
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:32 pm

The New Nordic Union wrote:
General Assembly Proposal
ID: traditionalist_europa_1564123233

Repeal: “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy”
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#467

Proposed by: Traditionalist Europa

General Assembly Resolution #467 “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly, by the advice and consent of the delegates and member nations thereof, and by the authority of Logos reject The Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy act.

The following are inalienable truths in accord with the laws of reality and biology:

1: Biological sex refers to whether we are female or male, based on our anatomy and reproductive functions. The concept of sex is, by definition, binary.

2: This remains true regardless of as many as 1 percents of the population being intersex, a medical condition denoting that an individual possesses anatomy characteristic of both sexes, such as a combination of vulvar and testicular tissue. Statistically speaking, however, this means that the vast majority of us fall into one category of sex or the other. It, therefore, becomes a question of whether a statistically rare occurrence in the general population should be considered typical. An analogy that is commonly used to illustrate this is the fact that most of us have 10 fingers. There exist individuals who possess fewer or more than 10 digits on their hands, but this hasn’t called for a re-conceptualization of how many fingers a human being has.

3: This bill allows children who are in A fragile state of mind to mutilate their genitalia. Keep in mind these are the same children who still believe in fairy tales, and don't know that there are consequences for actions! Children who can be taken advantage of for corporate profit. Keep in mind doctors and medical institutions make money in a similar fashion to retail stores in many countries! They have an incentive to propagandize children for profit!

Defines, for the purposes of this resolution, "hormone therapy" as a medical treatment involving the use of naturally occurring hormones for the purpose of altering one's secondary sex characteristics to more accurately reflect their gender identity is not in accord with reality and can be a predatory practice. As such “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” must be repealed!


Legislating in a repeal (The 'truths' in the beginning); Honest Mistake (Nothing in the resolution talks about intersex, the 'bill' says nothing about genitalia, children also cannot agree to procedures if they cannot consent (and PRA still applies))

I also have an issue with “the authority of Logos”, which is the Word of God, pretty much like including “Jesus says ...” in a resolution.
I am The Grumpy Old Man. Wielder of the Cane of Righteousness. Possessor of the Grill of Ribs. Aficionado of the Salad of Potatoes. Sprayer of the Repellant of Mosquitoes.

And, oh yeah, ... You kids get off my lawn. Seriously. Off. Now.

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Diplomat
 
Posts: 959
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:13 am

Ban libruls

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Baltishe

Darn libtards

1) Ban libruls
1b) libruls are ruining this nation hurr durr

2) Ben Shapiro
2b) Ben Shapiro becomes supreme leader of the earth
2c) Ben Shapiro worship becomes mandated

RL reference, overly offensive, wrong category, not written as law, and contradiction of GA#430 freedom of religion.
Last edited by Marxist Germany on Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Marxist" no longer applies to this country. This country was made back when I was a leftist.
Author of GA#461

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
PolitiStates Result
Pro:Laissez-faire, Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, Same-sex marriage, United Ireland.
Anti:Extreme Progressivism, Abortion, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.
A high school student aged 15 from Ireland, living in Co. Dublin. Interested in politics, gaming, and history.

User avatar
Morover
Envoy
 
Posts: 315
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Morover » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:08 am

Repeal: “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy”
General Assembly Resolution #467 “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly, by the advice and consent of the delegates and member nations thereof, and by the authority of the same, hereby:

Submits the following as fact:

1. Transgender and non-binary gender people are real.

2. Their ideas are the product of a Mental Illness, which does confuse them. This illness is referred to as "Gender Dysphoria" by the American Medical Association.

3. Their first-hand accounts of Gender Dysphoria are real; therefore each person is not in the best position to understand and discern their own gender identity due to their unstable mental state.

4. Hormone Therapy and/or the legalisation of Transgenderism are in direct violation of several religious laws (including but not limited to the two largest religious groups in the world, Christianity and Islam), and nations are fully allowed to govern under religious authority. This is every nations right, same as it's every nations right to allow hormone therapy or not govern under religious law.

5. Resolution #467 is in direct violation of religious rights.

THEREFORE repealing this resolution is an absolute priority to retain everyone's birthrights.

NatSov only, RL Reference ("Christianity", "Islam"), Honest Mistake (The closest it comes to addressing the target proposal is stating the opposite of what the preambulatory clauses state)

User avatar
Grays Harbor
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18067
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:53 am

Morover wrote:Repeal: “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy”
General Assembly Resolution #467 “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly, by the advice and consent of the delegates and member nations thereof, and by the authority of the same, hereby:

Submits the following as fact:

1. Transgender and non-binary gender people are real.

2. Their ideas are the product of a Mental Illness, which does confuse them. This illness is referred to as "Gender Dysphoria" by the American Medical Association.

3. Their first-hand accounts of Gender Dysphoria are real; therefore each person is not in the best position to understand and discern their own gender identity due to their unstable mental state.

4. Hormone Therapy and/or the legalisation of Transgenderism are in direct violation of several religious laws (including but not limited to the two largest religious groups in the world, Christianity and Islam), and nations are fully allowed to govern under religious authority. This is every nations right, same as it's every nations right to allow hormone therapy or not govern under religious law.

5. Resolution #467 is in direct violation of religious rights.

THEREFORE repealing this resolution is an absolute priority to retain everyone's birthrights.

NatSov only, RL Reference ("Christianity", "Islam"), Honest Mistake (The closest it comes to addressing the target proposal is stating the opposite of what the preambulatory clauses state)

“American Medical Association” is much more of a RL reference than naming religions.

————————-

Marxist Germany wrote:
Ban libruls

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Baltishe

Darn libtards

1) Ban libruls
1b) libruls are ruining this nation hurr durr

2) Ben Shapiro
2b) Ben Shapiro becomes supreme leader of the earth
2c) Ben Shapiro worship becomes mandated

RL reference, overly offensive, wrong category, not written as law, and contradiction of GA#430 freedom of religion.

Dealt with.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Grumpy Old Man. Wielder of the Cane of Righteousness. Possessor of the Grill of Ribs. Aficionado of the Salad of Potatoes. Sprayer of the Repellant of Mosquitoes.

And, oh yeah, ... You kids get off my lawn. Seriously. Off. Now.

User avatar
Morover
Envoy
 
Posts: 315
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Morover » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:55 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Morover wrote:Repeal: “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy”
General Assembly Resolution #467 “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly, by the advice and consent of the delegates and member nations thereof, and by the authority of the same, hereby:

Submits the following as fact:

1. Transgender and non-binary gender people are real.

2. Their ideas are the product of a Mental Illness, which does confuse them. This illness is referred to as "Gender Dysphoria" by the American Medical Association.

3. Their first-hand accounts of Gender Dysphoria are real; therefore each person is not in the best position to understand and discern their own gender identity due to their unstable mental state.

4. Hormone Therapy and/or the legalisation of Transgenderism are in direct violation of several religious laws (including but not limited to the two largest religious groups in the world, Christianity and Islam), and nations are fully allowed to govern under religious authority. This is every nations right, same as it's every nations right to allow hormone therapy or not govern under religious law.

5. Resolution #467 is in direct violation of religious rights.

THEREFORE repealing this resolution is an absolute priority to retain everyone's birthrights.

NatSov only, RL Reference ("Christianity", "Islam"), Honest Mistake (The closest it comes to addressing the target proposal is stating the opposite of what the preambulatory clauses state)

“American Medical Association” is much more of a RL reference than naming religions.

You're right. I just kinda skimmed it and skipped over that.

User avatar
Morover
Envoy
 
Posts: 315
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Morover » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:50 pm

[center]Repeal: “Prohibit Private Prisons”

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Authored by: History club[/center]

General Assembly Resolution #468 “Prohibit Private Prisons” (Category: Social Justice; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The General Assembly,

Should recognize that forcing that state to mange every prison will cause the state to have to chose between murders and other crooks and choose which murder is worse.

Persuading people to stop doing criminal acts doesn't always work and put more stress then needed on the prison guards.

Remembering that this act only passed by 7.3% of the vote which means that it could be likely that people didn't vote on this act only was voted on by a small percent of members of the General Assembly.

1. Make it the job of a special adviser appointed by each region to monitor the prisons in it region.

2. Make it the exclusive power of the region and state to mange prisons and regulation for prisoners.

3. Create a special council as part of the General Assembly which will make yearly reports on the states of prisons in the zone of responsibility of the General Assembly.

4. Impower a member of the General Assembly to mange the special council.

Understandable English, Honest Mistake, NatSov only, New Legislation, metagaming ("region"), defines who may staff a committee.
Last edited by Morover on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Morover
Envoy
 
Posts: 315
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Morover » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:49 pm

Repeal: “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy”

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Authored by: The Fun Kingdom of Kawhi Leonard
General Assembly Resolution #467 “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

General Assembly Resolution #467 “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly, by the advice and consent of the delegates and member nations thereof, and by the authority of the same, hereby:

Submits the following as fact:

1. Transgender and non-binary gender people are real.

2. Their ideas are the product of a Mental Illness, which does confuse them. This illness is referred to as "Gender Dysphoria.

3. Their first-hand accounts of Gender Dysphoria are real; therefore each person is not in the best position to understand and discern their own gender identity due to their unstable mental state.

4. Hormone Therapy and/or the legalisation of Transgenderism are in direct violation of several religious laws, and nations are fully allowed to govern under religious authority. This is every nations right, same as it's every nations right to allow hormone therapy or not govern under religious law.

5. Resolution #467 is in direct violation of religious rights.

THEREFORE repealing this resolution is an absolute priority to retain everyone's birthrights.

Doesn't address target resolution, NatSov only, Honest Mistake (target resolution doesn't violate religious rights)

User avatar
Attempted Socialism
Diplomat
 
Posts: 653
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Attempted Socialism » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:09 am

I know that two GenSec members have marked it legal, but I think this is in error for two reasons:
First Branding, as the "we" refers to the nation of Arlendale, not the WA as a whole. Second NatSov and Honest Mistake, as the proposal only contains the arguments of "states rights" and "nu-uh!".
https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1564448625

Repeal: “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy”

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#467

Proposed by: Arlendale

General Assembly Resolution #467 “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Recognizing that the resolution in question greatly limits the national sovereignty and religious freedoms of member nations;

Understanding that it is unfair to nations with private or struggling economies, as it forces them to place the benefit of a very small minority over the needs of their nation as a whole, and requires regulation of the market to ensure affordability;

Refuting the pseudo-scientific claims submitted as "fact";

We put forward this proposal to repeal Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy.


Represented in the World Assembly by
Ambassador and Chairperson of the Executive International Relations Committee
Marcie Elizabeth 'MacBeth' Illum
Cui Bono, quod seipsos custodes custodiunt?
Ivory Tower Critical-Realistic Sardonic Marxist Curmudgeon
Danish Political Scientist Seeks True Love Tenure
Specialities: State development; corruption; IR theory; Vodka
Experiences: Office-running; political campaigns; navigating byzantine academia politics

User avatar
Araraukar
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13592
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:07 pm

Attempted Socialism wrote:I know that two GenSec members have marked it legal, but I think this is in error for two reasons:
First Branding, as the "we" refers to the nation of Arlendale, not the WA as a whole. Second NatSov and Honest Mistake, as the proposal only contains the arguments of "states rights" and "nu-uh!".
https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1564448625

Repeal: “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy”

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#467

Proposed by: Arlendale

General Assembly Resolution #467 “Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Recognizing that the resolution in question greatly limits the national sovereignty and religious freedoms of member nations;

Understanding that it is unfair to nations with private or struggling economies, as it forces them to place the benefit of a very small minority over the needs of their nation as a whole, and requires regulation of the market to ensure affordability;

Refuting the pseudo-scientific claims submitted as "fact";

We put forward this proposal to repeal Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy.

Though it's nonsensical in content, the bit starting with "Understanding" counts as a related argument, rather than NatSov or nuh-uh.
Last edited by Araraukar on Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk.

Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Araraukar wrote:
Blueflarst wrote:a cosmopolitan hammer
United Massachusetts wrote:Can we all call ourselves "cosmopolitan hammers"?
Us cosmopolitan hammers
Can teach some manners
Often sorely lacking
Hence us attacking
Silly GA spammers

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18478
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:06 am

Araraukar wrote:
Attempted Socialism wrote:I know that two GenSec members have marked it legal, but I think this is in error for two reasons:
First Branding, as the "we" refers to the nation of Arlendale, not the WA as a whole. Second NatSov and Honest Mistake, as the proposal only contains the arguments of "states rights" and "nu-uh!".
https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1564448625


Though it's nonsensical in content, the bit starting with "Understanding" counts as a related argument, rather than NatSov or nuh-uh.

Agreed. It's not a very good argument, but it's probably just about enough for legality.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

User avatar
Attempted Socialism
Diplomat
 
Posts: 653
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Attempted Socialism » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:08 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Araraukar wrote:Though it's nonsensical in content, the bit starting with "Understanding" counts as a related argument, rather than NatSov or nuh-uh.

Agreed. It's not a very good argument, but it's probably just about enough for legality.
I disagree, but... eh. "We" is still branding, though. So illegal even if you think there's a non-NatSov, non-HM argument amongst the thistles.


Represented in the World Assembly by
Ambassador and Chairperson of the Executive International Relations Committee
Marcie Elizabeth 'MacBeth' Illum
Cui Bono, quod seipsos custodes custodiunt?
Ivory Tower Critical-Realistic Sardonic Marxist Curmudgeon
Danish Political Scientist Seeks True Love Tenure
Specialities: State development; corruption; IR theory; Vodka
Experiences: Office-running; political campaigns; navigating byzantine academia politics

User avatar
Merni
Diplomat
 
Posts: 767
Founded: May 03, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Merni » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:59 am

General Assembly Proposal
ID: barev_1564582802

Repeal: “Prohibit Private Prisons”
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#468
Proposed by: Barev
General Assembly Resolution #468 “Prohibit Private Prisons” (Category: Social Justice; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

This Legislation is unjust to countries who can control private prisons in a meaningful way.

Approvals: 0

GenSec Status: LEGAL
Info
Status: Lacking Support (requires 66 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days

Proposal basics
Join The Labyrinth | GA Committee List | Qersi Int'l Airport | NS Parliament: Anna Nilsson (Koternholm, PLP)
I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born. — Ronald Reagan

When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People’s Stick.' — Mikhail Bakunin (to Karl Marx)

You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. — Ardchoille

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion [...] but rather by its superiority in applying organised violence. — Samuel P. Huntington

Sig char limit is my nemesis.

16

Eco L/R : -6.75
Soc Lib/Auth: -1.95

User avatar
Araraukar
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13592
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:43 am

Merni wrote:
Repeal: “Prohibit Private Prisons”

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#468

General Assembly Resolution #468 “Prohibit Private Prisons” (Category: Social Justice; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

This Legislation is unjust to countries who can control private prisons in a meaningful way.

Proposal basics

Well, actually, more like NatSov Only, but even then a kind of wonky one.
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk.

Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Araraukar wrote:
Blueflarst wrote:a cosmopolitan hammer
United Massachusetts wrote:Can we all call ourselves "cosmopolitan hammers"?
Us cosmopolitan hammers
Can teach some manners
Often sorely lacking
Hence us attacking
Silly GA spammers

User avatar
Bears Armed Mission
Diplomat
 
Posts: 827
Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed Mission » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:13 am

Attempted Socialism wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Agreed. It's not a very good argument, but it's probably just about enough for legality.
I disagree, but... eh. "We" is still branding, though. So illegal even if you think there's a non-NatSov, non-HM argument amongst the thistles.

I think that I'm going to agree about the Branding.

Araraukar wrote:
Merni wrote:
Repeal: “Prohibit Private Prisons”

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#468

General Assembly Resolution #468 “Prohibit Private Prisons” (Category: Social Justice; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

This Legislation is unjust to countries who can control private prisons in a meaningful way.

Proposal basics

Well, actually, more like NatSov Only, but even then a kind of wonky one.

If it had said "Member nations should be allowed to do whatever they want about this" _ obvious NatSov-Only.
If it had said "Member nations are able to mange their private prisons properly, so this ban is an unnecessary over-reach by the GA" _ by precedent, possibly legal, although a more detailed explanation (in context of the target's actual contents) would have been preferable.
As it's written, though? It seems to fall in between those two positions. Maybe the lack of detailed references to the target's own arguments kills it. t'm going to think further about this...
Last edited by Bears Armed Mission on Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
This is the WA Mission of Bears Armed, but is technically defined as a separate nation in its own right for all legal purposes. Population = sixty-four seventy-two staff, plus some dependents.

GA Resolution Author

Ardchoille says: “Bears can be depended on for decent arguments even when there aren't any”.

User avatar
Bananaistan
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 2207
Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:21 am

I thought NatSov only straight away and have marked it as such.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.

User avatar
Imperium Anglorum
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8799
Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:24 am

Nations should be allowed to implement laws against incest. There exist compelling public policy reasons to implement such a law.

NatSov only or nah? Because if so, Gruen's repeal is illegal.

Author: 1 SC and 28 GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
Delegate for Europe
Out-of-character unless marked otherwise
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Dastardly villain providing free services to the community sans remuneration

User avatar
Bananaistan
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 2207
Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:26 am

There were only two sentences in that repeal?
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.

User avatar
Grays Harbor
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18067
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:28 am

I’m unsure about it being NatSov only. It is brief, and I do have a pronounced dislike for one-liners, but it does give a reason other than just “but much countries rights!”.
I am The Grumpy Old Man. Wielder of the Cane of Righteousness. Possessor of the Grill of Ribs. Aficionado of the Salad of Potatoes. Sprayer of the Repellant of Mosquitoes.

And, oh yeah, ... You kids get off my lawn. Seriously. Off. Now.

User avatar
The Unfounded
Attaché
 
Posts: 96
Founded: Oct 07, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Unfounded » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:21 pm

Ban 2nd Amendment Rights In Civil Warring Nations
A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.

Category: Political Stability

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Floodplain

The World Assembly

Deeply Concerned That nations within barriers of conflicts of civil liking have become puppets to larger nations,
Knowing That the nations whom are in question are only furthering civil strife by arming the populace,
Accepting The fact that armed populations can cause great damage,
Hoping That this proposal may stop civil wars before any great damage is caused.
Realizing that arming the populace only furthers damage to victim nations, causing great conflicts which destroy lives, families, etc.

1. Keeping the population of a nation safe from civil conflicts, and attempting to stop civil strife altogether within a short period.

2. Recognizing that civil wars only further the decline of the world, and hoping to make them less of a threat than they already are.

3. Seeing the destruction of the middle eastern political field due to american and russian arms sales to Iran and Saudi Arabia,

4. Stopping the population of said nation to own any type of firearm, and cutting arms sales altogether to neighbor nations,

5. Regulating arms sales to any nations within that region.

EVIDENCE
Attempts Have been made to stop civil conflicts before, but they have all failed, and it was because of weapon sales to the nation, which was in interest of oil, sea control, etc. Take Iraq or Afghanistan as an example. Iraq was attacking a Saudi Arabian ally, who was also allied with the United states, which, at the time (And still is) the most important ally the Americans had, which thus led to operation desert storm and shield, and once the war was over, another one began for "Weapons of Mass Destruction" Or WMD'S, for short, being suspected to be housed in Iraqi Military bases, as states by former President George H.W Bush of the United states. This then led to the Iraqi civil war and Syrian civil war, after the rise of the Islamic State Militant Group, or ISIS. Afghanistan was due to the former Russian puppet nation, The Democratic Republic of Afghanistan, having a civil war. Saddam Hussein's Militants were supported by the Americans, which, in a turn of bad luck, cause the September 11 Attacks on the Pentagon and Twin towers. This only shows that supporting a nation in civil strife may be destructive for all nations involved.

The Population has also turned against said nations, massacring their soldiers and turning against anyone and everyone, except for themselves. Such as the ring road in Afghanistan being destroyed for defensive purposes, and even incidents of civilian attacks on soldiers. Vietnam was a perfect example of this, with civilians of south Vietnam allying to the north for safety against a corrupt southern government, and suicide bombings which followed.

To The World Assembly, in interest of the stopping of civil strife, and to further the betterment of the world as a whole.


RL references out the wazoo
Godulan Puppet and WA member, now representing the Shirassi faction in 'official capacity'

User avatar
The New California Republic
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17477
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:22 pm

The Unfounded wrote:
Ban 2nd Amendment Rights In Civil Warring Nations
A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.

Category: Political Stability

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Floodplain

The World Assembly

Deeply Concerned That nations within barriers of conflicts of civil liking have become puppets to larger nations,
Knowing That the nations whom are in question are only furthering civil strife by arming the populace,
Accepting The fact that armed populations can cause great damage,
Hoping That this proposal may stop civil wars before any great damage is caused.
Realizing that arming the populace only furthers damage to victim nations, causing great conflicts which destroy lives, families, etc.

1. Keeping the population of a nation safe from civil conflicts, and attempting to stop civil strife altogether within a short period.

2. Recognizing that civil wars only further the decline of the world, and hoping to make them less of a threat than they already are.

3. Seeing the destruction of the middle eastern political field due to american and russian arms sales to Iran and Saudi Arabia,

4. Stopping the population of said nation to own any type of firearm, and cutting arms sales altogether to neighbor nations,

5. Regulating arms sales to any nations within that region.

EVIDENCE
Attempts Have been made to stop civil conflicts before, but they have all failed, and it was because of weapon sales to the nation, which was in interest of oil, sea control, etc. Take Iraq or Afghanistan as an example. Iraq was attacking a Saudi Arabian ally, who was also allied with the United states, which, at the time (And still is) the most important ally the Americans had, which thus led to operation desert storm and shield, and once the war was over, another one began for "Weapons of Mass Destruction" Or WMD'S, for short, being suspected to be housed in Iraqi Military bases, as states by former President George H.W Bush of the United states. This then led to the Iraqi civil war and Syrian civil war, after the rise of the Islamic State Militant Group, or ISIS. Afghanistan was due to the former Russian puppet nation, The Democratic Republic of Afghanistan, having a civil war. Saddam Hussein's Militants were supported by the Americans, which, in a turn of bad luck, cause the September 11 Attacks on the Pentagon and Twin towers. This only shows that supporting a nation in civil strife may be destructive for all nations involved.

The Population has also turned against said nations, massacring their soldiers and turning against anyone and everyone, except for themselves. Such as the ring road in Afghanistan being destroyed for defensive purposes, and even incidents of civilian attacks on soldiers. Vietnam was a perfect example of this, with civilians of south Vietnam allying to the north for safety against a corrupt southern government, and suicide bombings which followed.

To The World Assembly, in interest of the stopping of civil strife, and to further the betterment of the world as a whole.


RL references out the wazoo

Oh my, what a clusterfuck.
Last edited by Friedrich Nietzsche on Thu Jan 03, 1889 13:05 pm, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the complete victory over Caesar's Legion, and the pacification and annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.
Current President of The NCR: Aaron Kimball.
Current NCR Ambassador to The World Assembly: Colonel James Hsu, NCR Army (Ret.)
.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Grays Harbor
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18067
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:41 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
The Unfounded wrote:
RL references out the wazoo

Oh my, what a clusterfuck.

Also; not written as law, blogging instead of active clauses, and by my count, 28 RL References, including the title. Dealt with. Very illegal.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Grumpy Old Man. Wielder of the Cane of Righteousness. Possessor of the Grill of Ribs. Aficionado of the Salad of Potatoes. Sprayer of the Repellant of Mosquitoes.

And, oh yeah, ... You kids get off my lawn. Seriously. Off. Now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads