NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Leppikania
Minister
 
Posts: 2282
Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:54 am

Wrapper wrote:
Leppikania wrote:
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: ugrain_1457344663

Cut down on Arms Manufacturing

A resolution to tighten or relax gun control laws.


Category: Gun Control

Decision: Tighten

Proposed by: Ugrain

Description: Significantly cut down on arms manufacturing to prevent access of guns and weapons to extremist groups.

Approvals: 2 (Ugrain, Vancouvia)

Status: Lacking Support (requires 102 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

More blog, this time a one-liner.

I'm not entirely sure this one is illegal. It's a one-liner, but that one line is an operational clause that tells nations what to do.

Kyrozerkia wrote:Proposals need to be more than just empty rhetoric. This includes repeals with no argument, one-liners, proposals that are questions ("Don't you think we should...?"), and proposals that are just too incomprehensible to make sense of.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

User avatar
Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 11096
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:52 am

Wrapper wrote:
Leppikania wrote:
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: ugrain_1457344663

Cut down on Arms Manufacturing

A resolution to tighten or relax gun control laws.


Category: Gun Control

Decision: Tighten

Proposed by: Ugrain

Description: Significantly cut down on arms manufacturing to prevent access of guns and weapons to extremist groups.

Approvals: 2 (Ugrain, Vancouvia)

Status: Lacking Support (requires 102 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

More blog, this time a one-liner.

I'm not entirely sure this one is illegal. It's a one-liner, but that one line is an operational clause that tells nations what to do.

GAR#25 would prohibit arms manufacturers in member states from supplying weapons, including guns, to "extremist groups", accepting that "extremist groups" is another term for "terrorists"/"terrorist group". If we interpret GAR#25's first and third clauses as prohibiting/preventing access, then this is duplication.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

User avatar
Leppikania
Minister
 
Posts: 2282
Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:38 pm

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: pavlonia_islands_1457377321

The Mandatory Jury Act

A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.


Category: Social Justice

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Pavlonia Islands

Description: World Assembly,

Recognizing that many WA member nations have flawed judiciary systems;

Understanding that juries are one of the most democratic elements of the modern judiciary system;

Concerned that many defendants are not getting a fair, just, and democratic trial;

Noting that many WA resolutions have been repealed due to the lack of a mandatory jury system;

Mandates that all WA member nations implement a democratic jury in their criminal court systems;

Urges singular WA nations to require a fair and just trial to all accused persons;

Recognizing that the Mandatory Jury Act can fix undemocratic practices in the judiciary system.

Approvals: 2 (Holy Lord, Kiranden)

Status: Lacking Support (requires 102 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 9 hours

HoC, possibly duplication as well. Category fail too.
Last edited by Leppikania on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

User avatar
Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 11096
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:54 pm

Leppikania wrote:
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: pavlonia_islands_1457377321

The Mandatory Jury Act

A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.


Category: Social Justice

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Pavlonia Islands

Description: World Assembly,

Recognizing that many WA member nations have flawed judiciary systems;

Understanding that juries are one of the most democratic elements of the modern judiciary system;

Concerned that many defendants are not getting a fair, just, and democratic trial;

Noting that many WA resolutions have been repealed due to the lack of a mandatory jury system;

Mandates that all WA member nations implement a democratic jury in their criminal court systems;

Urges singular WA nations to require a fair and just trial to all accused persons;

Recognizing that the Mandatory Jury Act can fix undemocratic practices in the judiciary system.

Approvals: 2 (Holy Lord, Kiranden)

Status: Lacking Support (requires 102 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 9 hours

HoC, possibly duplication as well. Category fail too.

Referencing repealed resolutions is not a house of cards violation, since a) those resolutions aren't active; b) the reference was vague. As for duplication, it does duplicate GAR#37.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

User avatar
Tinfect
Senator
 
Posts: 4511
Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Tinfect » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:Referencing repealed resolutions is not a house of cards violation, since a) those resolutions aren't active; b) the reference was vague. As for duplication, it does duplicate GAR#37.


Might I ask as to how? I've looked over #37 quite a bit, mostly to see if the Imperial Court System I had devised was in compliance, and nothing in it requires a Member State to have a jury in its courts.
Raslin Seretis, Imperial Diplomatic Envoy, Male
Tolarn Feren, Civil Oversight Representative, Male
Jasot Rehlan, Military Oversight Representative, Female


Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM. This nation does not represent my actual political beliefs.

Imperium Central News Network: Fourth Fleet reports successful engagements against Aeravahn forces in the Exterior Territories | Contact lost with 3rd Legion, presumed destroyed | TCO - Desolate Star destroyed in raid by Aeravahn forces | Military Overseer addresses concerns of Aeravahn Incursion: "No immediate concerns" | Indomitable Bastard #283

My battery is low, and it is getting dark.

User avatar
Wrapper
Senior Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 5731
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wrapper » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Urges singular WA nations to require a fair and just trial to all accused persons

This part clearly duplicates much of GAR#37, which already spells out the requirements for fair and just criminal trials.

Mandates that all WA member nations implement a democratic jury in their criminal court systems

This clause is more interesting though. I'm not sure a "mandates" clause can do the same thing as an "urges", "encourages" or similar clause in existing legislation (e.g., GAR #37's "COMMENDS to the consideration of member nations a jury of the accused's peers as such trial adjudicators"), as technically that could be considered an amendment. Or contradiction. Or duplication. Take your pick.

User avatar
Floor 448
Envoy
 
Posts: 282
Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Floor 448 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:40 pm

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: pavlonia_islands_1457386718

Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.


Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#10

Proposed by: Pavlonia Islands

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #10: Nuclear Arms Possession Act (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: This act is clearly a threat to our very existence. We need to put sanctions on nuclear devices of destruction.

Approvals: 0

Status: Lacking Support (requires 104 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 7 hours

Bloggy, one-liner.
Guess who I am! Or, rather, was.
Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear. He gets a notification that someone mentioned him.
When posting an image for me, please don't use Imgur.
Cumberlanda wrote:I, for one, am currently happy with our robot oppressors.

Gest II wrote:Somehow that was interpreted to mean: those foreign devils and their squiggly languages are incapable of learning Her Majesty's Tongue.
And now that I've gotten used to StackOverflow, I can't seem to wrap my head around not being able to edit posts with terrible spelling and/or grammar.

User avatar
Leppikania
Minister
 
Posts: 2282
Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:08 pm

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: frenchona_1457398598

Crime

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.


Category: International Security

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Frenchona

Description: We should keep under cover police on the warch of people who were suspects of a crime and those who committed a crime but werent caught yet.

Approvals: 0

Status: Lacking Support (requires 104 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

Blog, one-liner, no operative clause.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: new_avalonian_thova_1457399455

Declare Global Warming Real

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.


Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: All Businesses

Proposed by: New Avalonian Thova

Description: Declare Global Warming an actual thing, and encourage nations to take more initiatives to cutting carbon emissions and relying more on sustainable energy.

Approvals: 1 (Kiranden)

Status: Lacking Support (requires 103 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

Blog, one-liner, bloody stupid.
PROPOSAL
ID: nottinghaven_1457405299

The Detente Act

A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.


Category: Political Stability

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Nottinghaven

Description: RECOGNIZING that political and world stability is severely affected by the increasing of tensions between nations.

REQUIRES that nations send diplomats to nations where high hostility exists.

REQUIRES that nations try to initiate peace talks or offer an "olive branch" before starting wars or conflicts.

REQUIRES that each nations' leader meet at a specific place and time.

REQUIRES that nations discuss biological and nuclear weapons to avoid risking world stability.

URGES that nations attempt to ease or thaw out political relations with "rival" nation(s).

URGES that nations agree unanimously on the easing of tensions.

This resolution is to help maintain a politically stable world in order to avoid world crisis.

Approvals: 1 (Cowyn)

Status: Lacking Support (requires 103 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 2 hours

Given the amount of micromanaging in it, and the fact that it looks like it's trying to prevent wars, I definitely wouldn't say "political stability/mild"...
Last edited by Leppikania on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

User avatar
Normlpeople
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1597
Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:17 am

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: newmist_union_1457424353

Enforcing Human Rights

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.


Category: Human Rights

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Newmist Union

Description: In light that the UN human rights are not met by a significant number of nations, and some have spoken opposition to ever meeting the standards set by the UN Human rights, this law unites states to enforce these following laws for all peoples, in all nations:

-------------------
Article 1 Right to Equality
Article 2 Freedom from Discrimination
Article 3 Right to Life, Liberty, Personal Security
Article 4 Freedom from Slavery
Article 5 Freedom from Torture and Degrading Treatment
Article 6 Right to Recognition as a Person before the Law
Article 7 Right to Equality before the Law
Article 8 Right to Remedy by Competent Tribunal
Article 9 Freedom from Arbitrary Arrest and Exile
Article 10 Right to Fair Public Hearing
Article 11 Right to be Considered Innocent until Proven Guilty
Article 12 Freedom from Interference with Privacy, Family, Home and Correspondence
Article 13 Right to Free Movement in and out of the Country
Article 14 Right to Asylum in other Countries from Persecution
Article 15 Right to a Nationality and the Freedom to Change It
Article 16 Right to Marriage and Family
Article 17 Right to Own Property
Article 18 Freedom of Belief and Religion
Article 19 Freedom of Opinion and Information
Article 20 Right of Peaceful Assembly and Association
Article 21 Right to Participate in Government and in Free Elections
Article 22 Right to Social Security
Article 23 Right to Desirable Work and to Join Trade Unions
Article 24 Right to Rest and Leisure
Article 25 Right to Adequate Living Standard
Article 26 Right to Education
Article 27 Right to Participate in the Cultural Life of Community
Article 28 Right to a Social Order that Articulates this Document
Article 29 Community Duties Essential to Free and Full Development
Article 30 Freedom from State or Personal Interference in the above Rights
-------------------

Nations that do not follow this, will be met by economic sanctions by the global community, and if clear planes are not laid out to solve these issues, the global community will be forced into taking military action, into either making the criminal nation's government comply, or replace it with one that will.

These measures may seem extreme, but they will improve the rights of all individuals, and ensues all persons are equal under these laws.

Approvals: 0

Status: Lacking Support (requires 104 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 7 hours

The Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople has not approved this proposal.


Basically a list of titles of non-existent articles. Given references to the UNmentionable organization, wouldn't surprise me if plagiarized. Oh, and requires military action.
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17856
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:00 am

Normlpeople wrote:
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: newmist_union_1457424353

Enforcing Human Rights

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.


Category: Human Rights

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Newmist Union

Description: In light that the UN human rights are not met by a significant number of nations, and some have spoken opposition to ever meeting the standards set by the UN Human rights, this law unites states to enforce these following laws for all peoples, in all nations:

-------------------
Article 1 Right to Equality
Article 2 Freedom from Discrimination
Article 3 Right to Life, Liberty, Personal Security
Article 4 Freedom from Slavery
Article 5 Freedom from Torture and Degrading Treatment
Article 6 Right to Recognition as a Person before the Law
Article 7 Right to Equality before the Law
Article 8 Right to Remedy by Competent Tribunal
Article 9 Freedom from Arbitrary Arrest and Exile
Article 10 Right to Fair Public Hearing
Article 11 Right to be Considered Innocent until Proven Guilty
Article 12 Freedom from Interference with Privacy, Family, Home and Correspondence
Article 13 Right to Free Movement in and out of the Country
Article 14 Right to Asylum in other Countries from Persecution
Article 15 Right to a Nationality and the Freedom to Change It
Article 16 Right to Marriage and Family
Article 17 Right to Own Property
Article 18 Freedom of Belief and Religion
Article 19 Freedom of Opinion and Information
Article 20 Right of Peaceful Assembly and Association
Article 21 Right to Participate in Government and in Free Elections
Article 22 Right to Social Security
Article 23 Right to Desirable Work and to Join Trade Unions
Article 24 Right to Rest and Leisure
Article 25 Right to Adequate Living Standard
Article 26 Right to Education
Article 27 Right to Participate in the Cultural Life of Community
Article 28 Right to a Social Order that Articulates this Document
Article 29 Community Duties Essential to Free and Full Development
Article 30 Freedom from State or Personal Interference in the above Rights
-------------------

Nations that do not follow this, will be met by economic sanctions by the global community, and if clear planes are not laid out to solve these issues, the global community will be forced into taking military action, into either making the criminal nation's government comply, or replace it with one that will.

These measures may seem extreme, but they will improve the rights of all individuals, and ensues all persons are equal under these laws.

Approvals: 0

Status: Lacking Support (requires 104 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 7 hours

The Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople has not approved this proposal.


Basically a list of titles of non-existent articles. Given references to the UNmentionable organization, wouldn't surprise me if plagiarized. Oh, and requires military action.

It is the UN Universal Declaration of Human Right. A shortened variant of it, to be sure, but each of their articles is the first sentence of the UN UDHR articles. So, yeah, plagiarized.
http://www.un.org/en/universal-declarat ... an-rights/
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Leppikania
Minister
 
Posts: 2282
Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:10 am

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: plinyonia_1457453225

Repeal "Prevention of Torture"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.


Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#9

Proposed by: Plinyonia

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #9: Prevention of Torture (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Torture is a key tactic to maintaining a nations safety. There is no better way to extract information from hostile and dangerous terrorists.

Approvals: 0

Status: Lacking Support (requires 104 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days

No operative clause. Also bloviating, although there's no rule against that.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: scottsasia_1457454095

On Space Trade

A resolution to reduce barriers to free trade and commerce.


Category: Free Trade

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Scottsasia

Description: RECOGNIZING that Space is its own separate entity from Earth and deserves its own rules and regulations to preserve its integrity.

REALIZING that Space could be used as a free trade route.

UNDERSTANDING that life may be present on other planets.

ALLOWING the use of free trade in Space between other countries and other forms of life.

ACKNOWLIDGING that Space needs to be kept clean and free from pollution.

List of regulations:

Spacecrafts shall be manufactured using eco friendly parts in order to maintain the integrity of space.

Dumping waste into Space shall be prohibited.

Obstruction of another countries spacecraft, while on route to trade, shall be prohibited.

If any of these regulations are broken, the World Assembly will take action in order to preserve the integrity of Space.

Approvals: 0

Status: Lacking Support (requires 104 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days

Forcing legislation on non-member states, RL reference.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: plinyonia_1457454193

Repeal "Nuclear Material Safeguards"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.


Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#351

Proposed by: Plinyonia

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #351: Nuclear Material Safeguards (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Nations should be responsible for the operation and protection of all nuclear materials and nuclear manufacturing. They should not be assisted or regulated by an outside source. If a nation is advanced enough to have knowledge in nuclear materials then they should also be advanced enough to regulate and protect their knowledge nod materials on their own.

Approvals: 0

Status: Lacking Support (requires 104 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days

Blog, legislating in a repeal.
Last edited by Leppikania on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17856
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:51 am

On Space Trade

A resolution to reduce barriers to free trade and commerce.


Category: Free Trade

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Scottsasia

Description: RECOGNIZING that Space is its own separate entity from Earth and deserves its own rules and regulations to preserve its integrity.

REALIZING that Space could be used as a free trade route.

UNDERSTANDING that life may be present on other planets.

ALLOWING the use of free trade in Space between other countries and other forms of life.

ACKNOWLIDGING that Space needs to be kept clean and free from pollution.

List of regulations:

Spacecrafts shall be manufactured using eco friendly parts in order to maintain the integrity of space.

Dumping waste into Space shall be prohibited.

Obstruction of another countries spacecraft, while on route to trade, shall be prohibited.

If any of these regulations are broken, the World Assembly will take action in order to preserve the integrity of Space.

NS =/= Earth

-------------------

Repeal "Nuclear Material Safeguards"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.


Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#351

Proposed by: Plinyonia

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #351: Nuclear Material Safeguards (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Nations should be responsible for the operation and protection of all nuclear materials and nuclear manufacturing. They should not be assisted or regulated by an outside source. If a nation is advanced enough to have knowledge in nuclear materials then they should also be advanced enough to regulate and protect their knowledge nod materials on their own.

Appears NatSov only
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19490
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:34 am

Grays Harbor wrote:*SNIP*

Look up.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD

User avatar
Imperium Anglorum
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8428
Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:45 am

Leppikania wrote:
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: plinyonia_1457454193

Repeal "Nuclear Material Safeguards"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.


Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#351

Proposed by: Plinyonia

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #351: Nuclear Material Safeguards (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Nations should be responsible for the operation and protection of all nuclear materials and nuclear manufacturing. They should not be assisted or regulated by an outside source. If a nation is advanced enough to have knowledge in nuclear materials then they should also be advanced enough to regulate and protect their knowledge nod materials on their own.

Approvals: 0

Status: Lacking Support (requires 104 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days

Blog, legislating in a repeal.

It's also a shitty argument as well as lacking a repeals clause.

Author: 1 SC and 26 GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
Delegate for Europe
Out-of-character unless marked otherwise
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17856
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:20 am

Wallenburg wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:*SNIP*

Look up.

OK, I did. Nice ceiling.

:p
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19490
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:49 pm

Legalize Recreational Cocaine

A resolution to ban, legalize, or encourage recreational drugs.

Category: Recreational Drug Use
Decision: Legalize
Proposed by: Anti-Semitic Memers

Description: [b][u]Legalize Recreational Cocaine[u][b]

Under this proposal, all WA members must conform to legalizing the drug cocaine. We should enact this decriminalization for several reasons, which are listed below:

Promoting a free market will cripple the economy of illegal organizations.
Illicit drug activity rates will decrease.

Regulations and taxes on cocaine would both eliminate the drug problem [i]and[i] give the nations tax revenue.

Sales of illegal drugs are among the #1 cause of violence and death in most countries.

It is the moral right to legalize recreational cocaine, as it is unjust to take away the basic human right to consume what they want. The issue of drug crime would itself be solved with this proposal. This has clearly been proven before, and we will prove it now, with your delegation and its support. Thank you.

NS =/= Earth (and even if it were, those figures are bullshit), bloggish.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17856
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Right to Work

A resolution to develop industry around the world.


Category: Advancement of Industry

Area of Effect: Labor Deregulation

Proposed by: Dubnia

Description: The General Assembly,

Noting that many countries with large labor unions may require workers to join a union or pay dues to it,

Acknowledging that large unions that have control over employees in this manner are destructive to the end that they were created to strive towards,

Urges member nations to allow workers to choose whether or not to join a labor union;

Asks member nations to prevent labor unions from charging dues to non-members or requiring members of unions to perform certain actions not directly related to the execution of their job.


Already Covered and much better, so, pointless duplication.
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Leppikania
Minister
 
Posts: 2282
Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Right to Work

A resolution to develop industry around the world.


Category: Advancement of Industry

Area of Effect: Labor Deregulation

Proposed by: Dubnia

Description: The General Assembly,

Noting that many countries with large labor unions may require workers to join a union or pay dues to it,

Acknowledging that large unions that have control over employees in this manner are destructive to the end that they were created to strive towards,

Urges member nations to allow workers to choose whether or not to join a labor union;

Asks member nations to prevent labor unions from charging dues to non-members or requiring members of unions to perform certain actions not directly related to the execution of their job.


Already Covered and much better, so, pointless duplication.

Also wrong category. It should be in Social Justice.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

User avatar
Sierra Lyricalia
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 3092
Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:20 pm

Leppikania wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:
Right to Work

A resolution to develop industry around the world.


Category: Advancement of Industry

Area of Effect: Labor Deregulation

Proposed by: Dubnia

Description: The General Assembly,

Noting that many countries with large labor unions may require workers to join a union or pay dues to it,

Acknowledging that large unions that have control over employees in this manner are destructive to the end that they were created to strive towards,

Urges member nations to allow workers to choose whether or not to join a labor union;

Asks member nations to prevent labor unions from charging dues to non-members or requiring members of unions to perform certain actions not directly related to the execution of their job.


Already Covered and much better, so, pointless duplication.

Also wrong category. It should be in Social Justice.


No. Weakening labor unions is definitely AoI/Labor Deregulation.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Petty Officer, The Red Fleet
The Mostly Alright Steph Zakalwe *
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
S.L. Ambassador to the World Assembly
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis,
Illustrious Bum #279
Ambassador-At-Large
Pol. Compass: Econ. -5 to -8, Soc. -8 to -9 (depending), 8values: LibSoc
"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People’s Stick.'" -Mikhail Bakunin (to Karl Marx)


User avatar
Leppikania
Minister
 
Posts: 2282
Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Leppikania wrote:Also wrong category. It should be in Social Justice.


No. Weakening labor unions is definitely AoI/Labor Deregulation.

I was more looking at the "giving every worker a right to join a union".
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

User avatar
Wallenburg
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19490
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Leppikania wrote:
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
No. Weakening labor unions is definitely AoI/Labor Deregulation.

I was more looking at the "giving every worker a right to join a union".

That wouldn't be social justice either. Rather, that would fall under human rights.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17856
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:59 pm

Sexual Health and Education Act

A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.


Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Educational

Proposed by: Zenatias

Description: The purpose of this act is to ensure that all public school students of specified ages are given access to factual, educational, non-threatening material in regards to sexual education.

ACKNOWLEDGING- That due to certain cultural/religious/personal beliefs, many people encourage "abstinence-only" lessons for minors. However, "Comprehensive" Sex Education has proven to be more effective in terms of reducing the number of teenage pregnancies worldwide, and the spread of sexually-transmitted infections, as well as making minors feel more comfortable and informed about their bodies.

ESTABLISHING- That all public schools include comprehensive Sex Education as part of their course curriculum, for those aged 10 to 18 years old.

CLARIFYING- The aspects of the act

1) The curriculum must give students accurate information on STIs, teen pregnancy, reproductive rights, pubescence, sexuality, gender identity, human anatomy, and methods of birth control. For those between the ages of 10 and 13 years old, only information on pubescence, sexuality, gender identity, and human anatomy are required. For students aged 13 and up, the curriculum must include lessons on STIs, teenage pregnancy, reproductive rights, and birth control as well. Age-appropriateness should be taken into consideration when planning how to approach each topic.

2) Parents may exempt their children from the entire course through contacting the school. Children may be excused from a particular lesson if they find the material to be upsetting, offensive, or distressing. Every effort should be made to accommodate modest children who are embarrassed by course materials, such as not requiring such students to answer a given question out loud. Students excused from the required course will be required to take a standard health course instead. Students asking to be excused from a particular lesson may sit in the hallway outside of the classroom or go to a designated study hall at the discretion of the teacher.

3) This course will not advocate underage sexual activity. Instead, this course will make the children aware of the emotional and physical risks of underage sexuality, and will instruct them how to look out for their best interests. Class materials should be factual, non-threatening, and thorough. However, pornographic content is strictly prohibited; this includes pornographic videos, images, writings, and other visuals.

4) It is not mandatory for private education to systems to offer Sex Education lessons, but encouraged nonetheless.

HEREBY- Establishes mandatory Comprehensive Sexual Education curriculum in public schools worldwide.

Ages mandated. Ridiculous amount of micromanagement.
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Leppikania
Minister
 
Posts: 2282
Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:01 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Sexual Health and Education Act

A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.


Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Educational

Proposed by: Zenatias

Description: The purpose of this act is to ensure that all public school students of specified ages are given access to factual, educational, non-threatening material in regards to sexual education.

ACKNOWLEDGING- That due to certain cultural/religious/personal beliefs, many people encourage "abstinence-only" lessons for minors. However, "Comprehensive" Sex Education has proven to be more effective in terms of reducing the number of teenage pregnancies worldwide, and the spread of sexually-transmitted infections, as well as making minors feel more comfortable and informed about their bodies.

ESTABLISHING- That all public schools include comprehensive Sex Education as part of their course curriculum, for those aged 10 to 18 years old.

CLARIFYING- The aspects of the act

1) The curriculum must give students accurate information on STIs, teen pregnancy, reproductive rights, pubescence, sexuality, gender identity, human anatomy, and methods of birth control. For those between the ages of 10 and 13 years old, only information on pubescence, sexuality, gender identity, and human anatomy are required. For students aged 13 and up, the curriculum must include lessons on STIs, teenage pregnancy, reproductive rights, and birth control as well. Age-appropriateness should be taken into consideration when planning how to approach each topic.

2) Parents may exempt their children from the entire course through contacting the school. Children may be excused from a particular lesson if they find the material to be upsetting, offensive, or distressing. Every effort should be made to accommodate modest children who are embarrassed by course materials, such as not requiring such students to answer a given question out loud. Students excused from the required course will be required to take a standard health course instead. Students asking to be excused from a particular lesson may sit in the hallway outside of the classroom or go to a designated study hall at the discretion of the teacher.

3) This course will not advocate underage sexual activity. Instead, this course will make the children aware of the emotional and physical risks of underage sexuality, and will instruct them how to look out for their best interests. Class materials should be factual, non-threatening, and thorough. However, pornographic content is strictly prohibited; this includes pornographic videos, images, writings, and other visuals.

4) It is not mandatory for private education to systems to offer Sex Education lessons, but encouraged nonetheless.

HEREBY- Establishes mandatory Comprehensive Sexual Education curriculum in public schools worldwide.

Ages mandated. Ridiculous amount of micromanagement.

So, what part about it makes it illegal?
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2155
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:33 pm

Leppikania wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:
Sexual Health and Education Act

A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.


Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Educational

Proposed by: Zenatias

Description: The purpose of this act is to ensure that all public school students of specified ages are given access to factual, educational, non-threatening material in regards to sexual education.

ACKNOWLEDGING- That due to certain cultural/religious/personal beliefs, many people encourage "abstinence-only" lessons for minors. However, "Comprehensive" Sex Education has proven to be more effective in terms of reducing the number of teenage pregnancies worldwide, and the spread of sexually-transmitted infections, as well as making minors feel more comfortable and informed about their bodies.

ESTABLISHING- That all public schools include comprehensive Sex Education as part of their course curriculum, for those aged 10 to 18 years old.

CLARIFYING- The aspects of the act

1) The curriculum must give students accurate information on STIs, teen pregnancy, reproductive rights, pubescence, sexuality, gender identity, human anatomy, and methods of birth control. For those between the ages of 10 and 13 years old, only information on pubescence, sexuality, gender identity, and human anatomy are required. For students aged 13 and up, the curriculum must include lessons on STIs, teenage pregnancy, reproductive rights, and birth control as well. Age-appropriateness should be taken into consideration when planning how to approach each topic.

2) Parents may exempt their children from the entire course through contacting the school. Children may be excused from a particular lesson if they find the material to be upsetting, offensive, or distressing. Every effort should be made to accommodate modest children who are embarrassed by course materials, such as not requiring such students to answer a given question out loud. Students excused from the required course will be required to take a standard health course instead. Students asking to be excused from a particular lesson may sit in the hallway outside of the classroom or go to a designated study hall at the discretion of the teacher.

3) This course will not advocate underage sexual activity. Instead, this course will make the children aware of the emotional and physical risks of underage sexuality, and will instruct them how to look out for their best interests. Class materials should be factual, non-threatening, and thorough. However, pornographic content is strictly prohibited; this includes pornographic videos, images, writings, and other visuals.

4) It is not mandatory for private education to systems to offer Sex Education lessons, but encouraged nonetheless.

HEREBY- Establishes mandatory Comprehensive Sexual Education curriculum in public schools worldwide.

Ages mandated. Ridiculous amount of micromanagement.

So, what part about it makes it illegal?

I think we've forgotten the first word in this thread's title...
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

User avatar
Leppikania
Minister
 
Posts: 2282
Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:11 pm

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: abshirsaidfederal_1457577601

Provide Basic Income

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.


Category: Human Rights

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: AbshirSaidFederal

Description: The Reason why basic income is a step to strong economy is that it will help citizens get on there feet that are unemployed and provide them with a decent living + their current job income.

>With the insurance of having unconditional basic income as a safety net, workers can challenge their employers if they find their conditions of work unfair or degrading.

>With a minimum level of security guaranteed to all citizens and less time in work or worrying about work, innovation in political, social, economic and technological terms would be a made more lively part of everyday life and its concerns.

This is why i Believe that basic income should be provided.

Approvals: 0

Status: Lacking Support (requires 105 more approvals)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 1 hour

Blog, category fail.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aeuria, Bears Armed, Greifenburg, Hatzisland, Mizialand, Separatist Peoples

Advertisement

Remove ads