NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Remove ads

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17672
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Tigslarlowducken wrote:
Serrus wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=frionias_1491583216
"Requiring all members to insure safe drink water for its citizens.
Banned chemicals- Lead, Mercury, pesticides, herbicides, Fertilizers and any other dangerous chemicals found in the USA safe Water Drink Act. "

RL reference, doesn't really do much of anything, lack of grammar (not a rule violation, but still).

Ur a gud gramr boi

Translation: You employ the use of excellent grammatical skills.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:


Smiley spam is frowned upon. Don't do it.
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17672
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:25 pm

WACDS And Smoking Ban

A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Solomons Land

This resolution recognizes peoples right to use drugs. This resolution counters that there are many ways to consume drugs without smoking. This resolution would like to light that smoking increases, not only their own, but those around them likelihood of getting cancer. This resolution knows that cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide. This resolution beloved that it's identity is not 1 of a resolution that breeches civil rights, but rather boosts them, because it allowes citizens to choose what goes into their bodies. This resolution reminds the GenSec this proposal is legal due to the fact that it does not prohibit privet use of drugs. This resolution defines drug as a substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body. This resolution defines smoking as realising fumes of a drug. This resolution defines cigarette as drug prepared in such a way as to smoke. This resolution mandates that:
1: The aslablishment of the WA Counsel of Drugs and Smoking (WACDS)
2: Smoking is not allowed in public places
3: WA nations must make a rederistry of people who buy ciggaretts and/or the materials used to make a cigarette to WACDS
4: Requests that WA member nations create antidrug campain

Bloggy, category failure, ...
Umm ... telling GenSec their proposal is legal, in the proposal?
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
The South Falls
Senator
 
Posts: 4997
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The South Falls » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Title: Relax Gun Control

Category: Gun Control

Decision: Relax

Proposed by: Shreklvania

The resolution:
Currently, the region of Europeia is too strict on gun control, We need to relax the control.

That's it. That's literally it.
This breaks every rule in the book. It's too short, it uses need, not have to, and also, it brands Europeia, right? It also only affects one region, and breaks every rule.
This is an MT or PMT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.
Satsuki is in fact the edgiest I could get without breaking site rules.
You have seen a wild South Fallus Fallusi Texaso nativa. Your Friendly Neighborhood Black Kid. Social Democrat,
Weird. Eats Tea, Texas and Social Democracy. Expect 1/10 posts to make no sense. Also, It sometimes breaks rules. Sorry!

I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that. Yes, we're pretty much a different Australia.

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 16709
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:06 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
WACDS And Smoking Ban
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Solomons Land

This resolution recognizes peoples right to use drugs. This resolution counters that there are many ways to consume drugs without smoking. This resolution would like to light that smoking increases, not only their own, but those around them likelihood of getting cancer. This resolution knows that cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide. This resolution beloved that it's identity is not 1 of a resolution that breeches civil rights, but rather boosts them, because it allowes citizens to choose what goes into their bodies. This resolution reminds the GenSec this proposal is legal due to the fact that it does not prohibit privet use of drugs. This resolution defines drug as a substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body. This resolution defines smoking as realising fumes of a drug. This resolution defines cigarette as drug prepared in such a way as to smoke. This resolution mandates that:
1: The aslablishment of the WA Counsel of Drugs and Smoking (WACDS)
2: Smoking is not allowed in public places
3: WA nations must make a rederistry of people who buy ciggaretts and/or the materials used to make a cigarette to WACDS
4: Requests that WA member nations create antidrug campain

Bloggy, category failure, ...
Umm ... telling GenSec their proposal is legal, in the proposal?
I labelled that as Meta-gaming.

Also, looking at the horrendous spelling mistakes (and, to a lesser extent, grammatical errors), I reminded the author about the rule that proposals must be in understandable English.
:roll:
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934.

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 16709
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 am

The South Falls wrote:Title: Relax Gun Control

Category: Gun Control

Decision: Relax

Proposed by: Shreklvania

The resolution:
Currently, the region of Europeia is too strict on gun control, We need to relax the control.

That's it. That's literally it.
This breaks every rule in the book. It's too short, it uses need, not have to, and also, it brands Europeia, right? It also only affects one region, and breaks every rule
including, as it targets all of Europeia, the rule against trying to have direct effects on non-WA nations...
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934.

User avatar
Eleftheria Anexelenkti
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Mar 12, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eleftheria Anexelenkti » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:24 am

Repeal: “The Right To A Lawful Divorce”

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#39
Proposed by:

Wisttussia
General Assembly Resolution #39 “The Right to a Lawful Divorce” (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

This resolution should be appealed on the grounds of:

National Sovereignty: This is resolution impiges on the religious sovereignty of various faiths, as it states that marriage contracts should be void if one party wishes it to be so (no-fault divorce). Several major faiths, such as Roman Catholicism, other divisions of Christianity and various others have objections to the defining of no-fault divorce as a “sentient right”. Additionally, some forms of social conservatism (by which many nation states are governed by) do not consider no-fault divorce as a “sentient right”. The first paragraph “celebrates the cultural diversity” of the world, perhaps the rest of the resolution should do so;

The desription of member states that they “have not desisted to devise ever subtler ways to try to ignore self-evident sentient rights” is implicitly condemning member states (and their respective governments) that do not support this resolution on basis of belief and ideology, as inhumane and pernicious. This sort of statement is not suitable for a WA resolution. This resolution seems to be promoting a particular belief on the nature of thr family and society, which does not respect the ideologcial diversity within the world assembly on this issue.

Furthermore it is arguably not and heavily opiniated that the right for anyone to divorce despite no instances of abuse, unfaithfulness, etc should be considered a universal human right. Does this mean that equally anyone (regardless of age or circumstance) should have the “sentient right” to marry anyone. One hopes not. In addition, the member state proposing this repeal believes that the descision to marry someone (for the rest of their life) should not be easily reversed. Such decisions are usually voluntary ( and should always be so) and all parties are usally (and should always be) given ample time to make up their mind. Thus one should not then seek to disrupt a marriage which they had previously agreed upon to be lifelong. If one breaks a contract with an employee abruptly, when the employee has done work due to the contract not be paid in full, this is rightly condemned as wrong; why not the same with marriage, afterall it is a legal contract where one of the terms agreed upon is that it is lifelong and therefore not arbitrarily nullifiable.


Pure Nat-Sov blogposal.

Repeal: “Voting Equality For Freed Inmates”

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#419
Proposed by:

Conaim
General Assembly Resolution #419 “Voting Equality for Freed Inmates” (Category: Furtherment of Democracy; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The General Assembally;

Noting that this movement gives equality too all freed convicts and does not take into account the crime committed by each, and on top of that denies a nation a critical part of its sovereignty.

Beleiving That if a nation democratically decides that the political opinions of those who broke the law should not be considered legitimate, then the law abiding people have the right to keep criminal ideas out of the polls.

Concerned That those who would break the law at any point in their life could potentially vote for the decriminalization of seriously harmful things such as heroin, or lower the age of consent, etc.

Asserting That anyone fairly proven guilty does not deserve to influence the way their country operates, but a nation has the right to chose between franchisement and disenfranchisement of these people.

Allows Member nations to bar evidently malevolent individuals from corrupting their government.

Reserves for member nations to decide on the suffrage of criminals and ex-criminals for themselves.


Legislation in a repeal

User avatar
Attempted Socialism
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 472
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Attempted Socialism » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:06 pm

https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1515359280

Elimination of Pay for Play

A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: Furtherment of Democracy

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Reckington

General Assembly,

We have come together to discuss a very advanced (for today's day an age) proposal.

As you are well aware, nations have started to prize political ambition for the bettering of the nation. But what

wasn't correctly seen/planned was the corrupting of our own senators and legislators.

Mostly through a very common word and action "lobbying".

Lobbying is only alright till it is used only to benefit one's self. You can see the phrase of my nation is "for

each other rather than ourselves". Let us ban pay to play. Let us destroy corruption especially if it's usage is to

work for themselves rather than the nation and it's people.
Blogposal, no effect, branding, etc.
Represented in the World Assembly by
Ambassador and Chairperson of the Executive International Relations Committee
Marcie Elizabeth 'MacBeth' Illum
Ivory Tower Critical-Realistic Sardonic Marxist Curmudgeon
Danish Political Scientist Seeks True Love Tenure
Specialities: State development; corruption; IR theory; Vodka
Experiences: Office-running; political campaigns; navigating byzantine academia politics
Cui Bono, quod seipsos custodes custodiunt?

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 16709
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:42 am

Eleftheria Anexelenkti wrote:
Repeal: “The Right To A Lawful Divorce”

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#39
Proposed by:

Wisttussia
General Assembly Resolution #39 “The Right to a Lawful Divorce” (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

This resolution should be appealed on the grounds of:

National Sovereignty: This is resolution impiges on the religious sovereignty of various faiths, as it states that marriage contracts should be void if one party wishes it to be so (no-fault divorce). Several major faiths, such as Roman Catholicism, other divisions of Christianity and various others have objections to the defining of no-fault divorce as a “sentient right”. Additionally, some forms of social conservatism (by which many nation states are governed by) do not consider no-fault divorce as a “sentient right”. The first paragraph “celebrates the cultural diversity” of the world, perhaps the rest of the resolution should do so;

The desription of member states that they “have not desisted to devise ever subtler ways to try to ignore self-evident sentient rights” is implicitly condemning member states (and their respective governments) that do not support this resolution on basis of belief and ideology, as inhumane and pernicious. This sort of statement is not suitable for a WA resolution. This resolution seems to be promoting a particular belief on the nature of thr family and society, which does not respect the ideologcial diversity within the world assembly on this issue.

Furthermore it is arguably not and heavily opiniated that the right for anyone to divorce despite no instances of abuse, unfaithfulness, etc should be considered a universal human right. Does this mean that equally anyone (regardless of age or circumstance) should have the “sentient right” to marry anyone. One hopes not. In addition, the member state proposing this repeal believes that the descision to marry someone (for the rest of their life) should not be easily reversed. Such decisions are usually voluntary ( and should always be so) and all parties are usally (and should always be) given ample time to make up their mind. Thus one should not then seek to disrupt a marriage which they had previously agreed upon to be lifelong. If one breaks a contract with an employee abruptly, when the employee has done work due to the contract not be paid in full, this is rightly condemned as wrong; why not the same with marriage, afterall it is a legal contract where one of the terms agreed upon is that it is lifelong and therefore not arbitrarily nullifiable.


Pure Nat-Sov blogposal.

I disagree: The last paragraph, beginning "Furthermore" is not NatSov and is enough to make it legal.

Repeal: “Voting Equality For Freed Inmates”

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#419
Proposed by:

Conaim
General Assembly Resolution #419 “Voting Equality for Freed Inmates” (Category: Furtherment of Democracy; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The General Assembally;

Noting that this movement gives equality too all freed convicts and does not take into account the crime committed by each, and on top of that denies a nation a critical part of its sovereignty.

Beleiving That if a nation democratically decides that the political opinions of those who broke the law should not be considered legitimate, then the law abiding people have the right to keep criminal ideas out of the polls.

Concerned That those who would break the law at any point in their life could potentially vote for the decriminalization of seriously harmful things such as heroin, or lower the age of consent, etc.

Asserting That anyone fairly proven guilty does not deserve to influence the way their country operates, but a nation has the right to chose between franchisement and disenfranchisement of these people.

Allows Member nations to bar evidently malevolent individuals from corrupting their government.

Reserves for member nations to decide on the suffrage of criminals and ex-criminals for themselves.


Legislation in a repeal

Agreed.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934.

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17672
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Animal Rights Act
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Drusselstein

The General Assembly,

In the light of the contemporaneous treatment of animals and the absence of legislative restrictions thereon, this resolution hereby:

*Condemns all forms of animal violence.
*Abhors the fact that no adequate punishment is imposed on persons charged with animal violence.
*Mandates that all member-states apply severe punishment on animal cruelty violence
*Urges multinational animal rights groups and local government units to report all cases of severe animal abuse cases to the authorities and—if necessary—to the wa Animal Rights Commission, which shall hear all cases of animal violence including cases of habitat destruction by corporate entities (or any entities related therewith) and provide a fair judgment carefully reviewed and thinked of.
*Encourages all legislative bodies to impose their own punishments on petty animal cruelty cases.
*Defines animal cruelty/abuse/violence as "The malicious and deliberate act of physically (and thereafter mentally) hurting an animal and the deliberate deprivation of animals' state as a free and living organism free of human abuse or interference therewith. "

Clause Sounds like it could be in contradiction of Sensible Limits on Hunting
Clause Sounds like it, in its one size fits all approach, has just banned pets and zoos, as well as research

Better Rights For Inmates Or Ex-Inmates
A resolution to modify universal standards of healthcare.

Category: Health

Area of Effect: Bioethics

Proposed by: Noean

It has come to mind to see that released prisoners have hardly changed, even though after long sentences.

After this, I have thought of a better way to fix the minds and emotions of criminals, instead of locking them behind bars, thinking they would change.

Many prisoners often suffer from depression, usually because of rejection of visitation from families, which is stupid.

Honestly, it should be illegal locking prisoners behind bars, it isolates them from attention, makes them depressed and in extreme cases, suicide. This is a breach of human rights and should be fixed, mentally and physically.

Even after being released, inmates have less rights, less job opportunities because they made a single mistake, which is to commit a crime. I believe we should give everyone a chance to turn over a new leaf.
How can we fix this issue?

Easy, have the government to fund programs that turn inmates into changed positive independent individuals from drug rehabilitation centers or classrooms to psychological support.

Increase the amount of jobs for those that were in prison, they already paid the price and deserve a second chance.

Give them more rights, not a disgusting meat loaf and force them to eat it. It doesn’t have to be a luxury but at least edible and have a little taste to it. After all, prisoners are still human beings and prisons are treating them like animals.

We should and must make it a law for inmates in or out prison to have basic rights.

I hereby end my resolution here.

Approvals: 0

Branding and Blogging. The usual.
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Jebslund
Diplomat
 
Posts: 846
Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Jebslund » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:

Branding and Blogging. The usual.


To speak nothing of the fact that it can't seem to decide what, exactly, it's trying to do, so it fails on the English and legal fronts even without being a blogposal.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.

Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats except in the Kerbin roleplay, with the exception of lifespan. Factbooks to come.
Use this factbook for any info you need outside of the Kerbin regional RP.

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17672
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:22 am

The WA Military Act

A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.

Category: Political Stability

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: The Royal Green Jackets

I. the establishing of a WA military (if not one all ready)
II. The WA military is able to have a presence in any country that is part of the WA to prevent threats to other nations and the nation itself
III. the WA military will be able to intervene in country affairs if necessary

Approvals: 0

*Le Sigh*

Let’s see:
1. Can’t be bothered to look up whether there is one already
2. Can’t be bothered to see if it is even legal
3. Submits it anyhow

Garbage
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 16709
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:56 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Animal Rights Act
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Drusselstein

The General Assembly,

In the light of the contemporaneous treatment of animals and the absence of legislative restrictions thereon, this resolution hereby:

*Condemns all forms of animal violence.
*Abhors the fact that no adequate punishment is imposed on persons charged with animal violence.
*Mandates that all member-states apply severe punishment on animal cruelty violence
*Urges multinational animal rights groups and local government units to report all cases of severe animal abuse cases to the authorities and—if necessary—to the wa Animal Rights Commission, which shall hear all cases of animal violence including cases of habitat destruction by corporate entities (or any entities related therewith) and provide a fair judgment carefully reviewed and thinked of.
*Encourages all legislative bodies to impose their own punishments on petty animal cruelty cases.
*Defines animal cruelty/abuse/violence as "The malicious and deliberate act of physically (and thereafter mentally) hurting an animal and the deliberate deprivation of animals' state as a free and living organism free of human abuse or interference therewith. "

Clause Sounds like it could be in contradiction of Sensible Limits on Hunting

It does, doesn't it.
Clause Sounds like it, in its one size fits all approach, has just banned pets and zoos, as well as research
... and the keeping of livestock, so it contradicts 'Promotion of Bee-keeping' too.

Better Rights For Inmates Or Ex-Inmates
A resolution to modify universal standards of healthcare.

Category: Health

Area of Effect: Bioethics

Proposed by: Noean

It has come to mind to see that released prisoners have hardly changed, even though after long sentences.

After this, I have thought of a better way to fix the minds and emotions of criminals, instead of locking them behind bars, thinking they would change.

Many prisoners often suffer from depression, usually because of rejection of visitation from families, which is stupid.

Honestly, it should be illegal locking prisoners behind bars, it isolates them from attention, makes them depressed and in extreme cases, suicide. This is a breach of human rights and should be fixed, mentally and physically.

Even after being released, inmates have less rights, less job opportunities because they made a single mistake, which is to commit a crime. I believe we should give everyone a chance to turn over a new leaf.
How can we fix this issue?

Easy, have the government to fund programs that turn inmates into changed positive independent individuals from drug rehabilitation centers or classrooms to psychological support.

Increase the amount of jobs for those that were in prison, they already paid the price and deserve a second chance.

Give them more rights, not a disgusting meat loaf and force them to eat it. It doesn’t have to be a luxury but at least edible and have a little taste to it. After all, prisoners are still human beings and prisons are treating them like animals.

We should and must make it a law for inmates in or out prison to have basic rights.

I hereby end my resolution here.

Approvals: 0

Branding and Blogging. The usual.

Yes.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934.

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17672
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Improving The Lives Of Our Prisoners
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Green Dolphin Street Prison

It is a violation of human rights to treat prisoners like enemies, when many are misguided citizens, children, those who have not known a different life. Turning the other cheek and avoiding the scandalous topics is a disservice to those we have incarcerated.

Prison overcrowding is a severe issue, giving inmates no time to be alone, forced to have tiny rooms, causing groups like women and children in detention to be overlooked. Tensions are high in incarceration facilities. Inmates could be on drugs, have weapons, be vulnerable to attack either physically or mentally by his or her fellow prisoner. One cannot sleep in a prison without one eye open, which results in basic human functions to become excruciating and dangerous.

Questions are rightfully being raised about an inmate’s basic human urges, such as self pleasuring or conjugal acts. When does an inmate get to engage in these things? Where does an inmate perform this action? Such behaviors are common among people, and for most, downright necessary. It is agreed that self pleasuring acts can release stress, sexual tension, improve sleep, body image, self confidence and relieve menstrual cramps and muscle tension. Furthermore, self pleasuring and conjugal visits will decrease sexual assault in prison, which currently runs rampant. Qualities as those stated would significantly improve daily life for inmates and the safety of not only them, but the guards. If an inmate is able to act like a human, rehabilitation is much smoother.

The concept of, “Relief Rooms,” is as follows. An inmate may sign up for a time in the relief room, they can have 30 minutes to an hour, and time in the relief room can be increased or decreased depending on how good their behavior is. This can be a motivating factor for inmates to behavior better, as well. Before entering the relief room an inmate is to be patted down and thoroughly searched for illegal substances like drugs or weapons. Once inside, they will be locked in a small, more comfortable cell with curtains drawn from the outside to a guard may check in before releasing them. In the relief room, they can engage in basic human urges, use the bathroom in privacy and talk to themselves. “Relief Rooms” could also be used for a place to read a book, watch television or listen to music.

Rooms like this would drastically improve quality of life for all those involved in the prison system, and should be instituted in prison systems all around the world to make rehabilitation easier, smoother and possible. Nations who do not comply and treat their prisoners like scum are part of the reason their citizens end up incarcerated in the first place. Treat humans like people, and they will act as such.

Therefore,

a) “Relief Rooms” must be mandatory in all prisons built for sentencing longer than one year.
b) Decreasing sexual assault and crime in prison must be treated as a top priority in all prisons.
c) The World Assembly must be open to speaking on the difficult, and to some, embarrassing subjects put forward to them.

Bloviates a lot, but doesn't do much that I see. It may pass muster as "mild" as listed, but it just doesn't strike me as doing so.
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Oakrugia
Envoy
 
Posts: 262
Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oakrugia » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:30 pm

Make Independence A Right For Every Nation
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: Furtherment of Democracy

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Monsierron

If two or more nations agree to be a colony, this nation must have the opportunity to be independent once again, independence is an equivalent to freedom and thus it must be a right for every nation.

No active clause, illegal branding ("This"), and possibly meta-gaming.
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I live in TRR.
Bye.

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17672
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:19 pm

Production Of Nuclear Warheads Slowed

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: Manufacturing

Proposed by: Mikelian

My proposal is that the production of nuclear warheads should be slowed to protect the environment.

When the warheads are launched it does not just effect the target that the attackers had planed. The radiation carries over to other nations, affecting others around and in some cases even the attacking nation. Think of your people, what would you do to keep them safe and happy.

While the people may be affected, they can get away, or at least something to help, but we just forget about nature. The radiation messes with the plants, which in turn makes crops not suitable for sale, which could destroy a nations economy, adding on tho that the wildlife would not be suitable for butchering because of the radiation, many peoples lives depend on those things that were mentioned. Imagine being one of those poor animals that can not help themselves.

We need crops and animals to sustain our bodies, so if the production was stopped it could be easier for those who are not as fortunate to stay alive. I hope you will think of the people when you vote.


Branding and blogging.
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Eleftheria Anexelenkti
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Mar 12, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eleftheria Anexelenkti » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:45 am

Free Trade Rights Act

A resolution to reduce barriers to free trade and commerce.

Category: Free Trade
Strength: Strong
Proposed by:

Coracre
The General Assembly recognizes that each nation has a right to initiate, negotiate, and enact their own trade agreement without interference from the World Assembly.

Section 1:
Recognizing and Reaffirming a Nation's Rights

-Article 1: The General Assembly reaffirms and recognizes that every nation has the right to initiate any trade agreements
without any interference from the World Assembly.

-Article 2: The General Assembly reaffirms and recognizes that every nation has the right to negotiate any trade agreements in a
way they deem appropriate without any interference from the World Assembly.

-Article 3: The General Assembly reaffirms and recognizes that every nation has the right to enact any trade agreement without
interference from the World Assembly as long as they do not violate any previously passed resolution.

Section 2:
Illegal Trade Agreements

-Article 1: The General Assembly bans any trade agreements that violate any previously passed resolutions in the General
Assembly and Security Council.


This resolution was intended to be duplication of GAR#68. It is not, because of the lack of operative clauses.

Moreover, Section 2 looks like an attempt to make all WA members to comply with all resolutions that were already repealed (as they are also "previously passed")

And how can a trade agreement violate a SC resolution?
Last edited by Eleftheria Anexelenkti on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Essu Beti
Diplomat
 
Posts: 708
Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Essu Beti » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:47 am

Protect Our Narwhals

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: All Businesses

Proposed by: Caesarial

Esteemed Members of the General Assembly,

Our national animal, the glorious, unicorn-like Narwhal is under threat. Too long have the Pirates of our cantankerous neighbours in the East Pacific been able to catch and murder these majestic creatures, who frolic freely in our ocean, at will.

We need to put a stop to this and make any killing of Narwhals, to harvest their magic horns, illegal. This will increase the population of the Narwhal and prevent a collapse in the economies of those who rely on spiritual pilgrimages of avid Narwhalian worshippers and visits of general whale-spotting anoraks.

Our proposition is two-fold:

1. To make the endangered Narwhal protected by the WA and the killings of these beautiful beasts illegal.
2. To make the punishment severe ranging from life imprisonment to death.

We await your response,

The Dominion of Caesarial

Branding, metagaming (national animal, East Pacific), nonsensical (magic horns, what?)
Parent: Naqil Puppet: This City of Ours. Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He's irritable and a bit of a troll and it's been suggested that he's only the ambassador to keep him out of Essu Beti.

Everything I say in the WA is IC unless otherwise specified. Iksana is a tactless jerk and I would never say the same things he does to someone IRL.

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 16709
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:38 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Production Of Nuclear Warheads Slowed
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: Manufacturing

Proposed by: Mikelian

My proposal is that the production of nuclear warheads should be slowed to protect the environment.

When the warheads are launched it does not just effect the target that the attackers had planed. The radiation carries over to other nations, affecting others around and in some cases even the attacking nation. Think of your people, what would you do to keep them safe and happy.

While the people may be affected, they can get away, or at least something to help, but we just forget about nature. The radiation messes with the plants, which in turn makes crops not suitable for sale, which could destroy a nations economy, adding on tho that the wildlife would not be suitable for butchering because of the radiation, many peoples lives depend on those things that were mentioned. Imagine being one of those poor animals that can not help themselves.

We need crops and animals to sustain our bodies, so if the production was stopped it could be easier for those who are not as fortunate to stay alive. I hope you will think of the people when you vote.

Branding and blogging
and 'No Operative Clause'.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934.

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 16709
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:40 am

Essu Beti wrote:
Protect Our Narwhals
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: All Businesses

Proposed by: Caesarial

Esteemed Members of the General Assembly,

Our national animal, the glorious, unicorn-like Narwhal is under threat. Too long have the Pirates of our cantankerous neighbours in the East Pacific been able to catch and murder these majestic creatures, who frolic freely in our ocean, at will.

We need to put a stop to this and make any killing of Narwhals, to harvest their magic horns, illegal. This will increase the population of the Narwhal and prevent a collapse in the economies of those who rely on spiritual pilgrimages of avid Narwhalian worshippers and visits of general whale-spotting anoraks.

Our proposition is two-fold:

1. To make the endangered Narwhal protected by the WA and the killings of these beautiful beasts illegal.
2. To make the punishment severe ranging from life imprisonment to death.

We await your response,

The Dominion of Caesarial

Branding, metagaming (national animal, East Pacific), nonsensical (magic horns, what?)

Tries to affect non-WA nations as well as WA members; contradicts at least two existing resolutions.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934.

User avatar
Jebslund
Diplomat
 
Posts: 846
Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Jebslund » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:47 am

General Assembly Proposal
ID: the_royal_green_jackets_1515766851

The Literature act
A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.


Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Educational

Proposed by: The Royal Green Jackets


all citizens need have at least a 4th grade reading level and be able to write; all documents and textbooks need to be written in the top 3 languages of that country and fictional books need to be written in the country's national language. if there is a violation there will be a fine no less than 100 dollars (or country's currency).


No operative clause, Real-life reference (Dollars), no capitalisation, possible formatting.

Can I just say there is a certain irony in a proposal advocating a minimum literacy level of 4th grade being written in such a way that it doesn't even achieve that much?
Last edited by Jebslund on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.

Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats except in the Kerbin roleplay, with the exception of lifespan. Factbooks to come.
Use this factbook for any info you need outside of the Kerbin regional RP.

User avatar
Bears Armed Mission
Diplomat
 
Posts: 792
Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed Mission » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:13 am

Jebslund wrote:General Assembly Proposal
ID: the_royal_green_jackets_1515766851

The Literature act
A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.


Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Educational

Proposed by: The Royal Green Jackets


all citizens need have at least a 4th grade reading level and be able to write; all documents and textbooks need to be written in the top 3 languages of that country and fictional books need to be written in the country's national language. if there is a violation there will be a fine no less than 100 dollars (or country's currency).


No operative clause, Real-life reference (Dollars), no capitalisation, possible formatting.

Can I just say there is a certain irony in a proposal advocating a minimum literacy level of 4th grade being written in such a way that it doesn't even achieve that much?

Also, I'm rather dubious about "need to" providing an adequate Operative Clause.
This is the WA Mission of Bears Armed, but is technically defined as a separate nation in its own right for all legal purposes. Population = sixty-four staff, plus some dependents.

GA Resolution Author

Ardchoille says: “Bears can be depended on for decent arguments even when there aren't any”.

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17672
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Jebslund wrote:General Assembly Proposal
ID: the_royal_green_jackets_1515766851

The Literature act
A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.


Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Educational

Proposed by: The Royal Green Jackets


all citizens need have at least a 4th grade reading level and be able to write; all documents and textbooks need to be written in the top 3 languages of that country and fictional books need to be written in the country's national language. if there is a violation there will be a fine no less than 100 dollars (or country's currency).


No operative clause, Real-life reference (Dollars), no capitalisation, possible formatting.

Can I just say there is a certain irony in a proposal advocating a minimum literacy level of 4th grade being written in such a way that it doesn't even achieve that much?

It is virtually a tradition around these parts that "educational" proposals must contain, at the very least, misspelled words. Bonus points are given for bad grammar. Incoherence wins a trophy.
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17672
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Ban Abortion
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: DeLongtasia

The General Assembly-

Noting that ending the life of a live person is murder, a to-be live cell in a woman's womb shall be no different.

Realizing that a woman chooses to be involved in actions that would result in getting pregnant is her own fault and she shall have to face the consequences, as in any other time in society.

Recognizing that all humans have the right to live, and the unborn child obviously has no say in whether he/she is born, therefore violating the right to live.

Contradicts existing legislation.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a grumpy old man. Your first mistake was believing I care about your opinion. Get off my lawn.

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 16709
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:54 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Ban Abortion
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: DeLongtasia

The General Assembly-

Noting that ending the life of a live person is murder, a to-be live cell in a woman's womb shall be no different.

Realizing that a woman chooses to be involved in actions that would result in getting pregnant is her own fault and she shall have to face the consequences, as in any other time in society.

Recognizing that all humans have the right to live, and the unborn child obviously has no say in whether he/she is born, therefore violating the right to live.

Contradicts existing legislation.

Yep. Also, probably should be 'Significant' rather than just 'Mild'...
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934.

User avatar
Attempted Socialism
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 472
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Attempted Socialism » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:28 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Contradicts existing legislation.

Yep. Also, probably should be 'Significant' rather than just 'Mild'...
One might also seek to include an operative clause, rather than just three preambulatory clauses.
Represented in the World Assembly by
Ambassador and Chairperson of the Executive International Relations Committee
Marcie Elizabeth 'MacBeth' Illum
Ivory Tower Critical-Realistic Sardonic Marxist Curmudgeon
Danish Political Scientist Seeks True Love Tenure
Specialities: State development; corruption; IR theory; Vodka
Experiences: Office-running; political campaigns; navigating byzantine academia politics
Cui Bono, quod seipsos custodes custodiunt?

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Remove ads