NATION

PASSWORD

Where has all the EVIL gone!?

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Karjk
Civilian

Founded: Jun 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Where has all the EVIL gone!?

Postby Karjk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Yes, I wish to know now. I see the world is run by this "World Assembly" who try and make the world a BETTER PLACE? For whom is this better place!? The people? My nation finds peace under my Iron Fist of law! They dont even have to worry about elections now that my new legislation has passed and I have outlawed all politiccal freedoms. Don't you see! Where do those who have a taste for oppression and unwaivering loyalty by the oppressed general populous go? To the organization for freedom? Nay I say, NAY!

Yes I say we need a league of nations controlled by great leaders and thinkers, who may have slightly (Or tottaly) oppressed the public for their own devilishly delicious plans! Whe need a symbol! A power and a council to call our own! An evil league for evil (or maybe just oppressive militaristic control)! We need to come together us dictators and show our mighty voice and opinions to all those who oppose us!

For now they keep us chained under their mighty rule, but no more! Even if we are unable to bring up our own power, then we must show our own might in theres! For now I give you an ultimatum: Either join us in evil in corrupting the world to our own twisted and nefarious ways and help us build our own dominion upon this land, or be crushed painfully under heavy, crushing, spiked boot that is our might! (Or you know, whatever...)

TRIAD Enterprises
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Where has all the EVIL gone!?

Postby TRIAD Enterprises » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:54 pm

I enjoy the parody-style humor in this OP. The whole melodramatic evil warlord bit never fails to amuse me; it reminds me of the Goa'uld on Stargate SG1.

Anyways, on a more serious note, I agree with the OP here. Without villians to torment and eventually crush, there's no exciting story. Now, do we need absolute evil? Nope. A difference of opinion is all the reason someone needs to try and blow you into something resembling chunky salsa. (Damn I love that analogy!)
Evil Overlord here does have a point however. The WA is far too goodie-goodie.

Start stirring some Evil Sauce into the WA's chowder!

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:08 pm

No nation is forced to join the WA, mine refuses to have anything to do with their noxiousness. However being against the WA does not necessarily make one an evil nation. However as much as we are totally disinclined to join them, so are we disinclined to join you.

Thank you, Good day and good luck.
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -Lynn M. Osband

"We're not so blase, not so willing to accept that we're safe and we can let someone do our security for us. We're not going to sit there and wait for somebody else to do it because if you wait, it might be too late." Jennifer Allen re: Northwest Airlines Flight 253 - quoted for the Win!

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:17 pm

OCC: You should have seen The Kraven Corperation... He was a fantastic villian
The Skybound Republic of Havensky
(Pronounced Haven-Sky)

Lord Atum
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Atum » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:23 pm

TRIAD Enterprises wrote:I enjoy the parody-style humor in this OP. The whole melodramatic evil warlord bit never fails to amuse me; it reminds me of the Goa'uld on Stargate SG1.

Who are awesome. ;)

In any case, evil leagues tend to fail because evil dictators don't play that well without a common ideology like communism or fascism. General 'evil' isn't something people rally behind - most evil leaders probably don't get up in the morning and think 'how evil can I be today' - even Atum mostly thinks about what's best for his own species (which is to say, villainous parasitic snakes) and damn anyone that gets in the way. He doesn't think he's evil. Even though he'd happily wipe out whole planets simply to steal their resources.
Last edited by Lord Atum on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"While many races in the galaxy, like the Asgard and the Ancients, developed their own technology over many thousands of years, the Goa'uld achieved their current level of technological strength by beating up other races and stealing their toys."

Sorgan
Senator

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorgan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Karjk wrote:Yes, I wish to know now. I see the world is run by this "World Assembly" who try and make the world a BETTER PLACE? For whom is this better place!? The people? My nation finds peace under my Iron Fist of law! They dont even have to worry about elections now that my new legislation has passed and I have outlawed all politiccal freedoms. Don't you see! Where do those who have a taste for oppression and unwaivering loyalty by the oppressed general populous go? To the organization for freedom? Nay I say, NAY!

Yes I say we need a league of nations controlled by great leaders and thinkers, who may have slightly (Or tottaly) oppressed the public for their own devilishly delicious plans! Whe need a symbol! A power and a council to call our own! An evil league for evil (or maybe just oppressive militaristic control)! We need to come together us dictators and show our mighty voice and opinions to all those who oppose us!

For now they keep us chained under their mighty rule, but no more! Even if we are unable to bring up our own power, then we must show our own might in theres! For now I give you an ultimatum: Either join us in evil in corrupting the world to our own twisted and nefarious ways and help us build our own dominion upon this land, or be crushed painfully under heavy, crushing, spiked boot that is our might! (Or you know, whatever...)

When ever you make an evil alliance. The "Feds" order you to disband or they start launching nukes at you and invadeing you becuase you are diffrent. But w.e we can't all have our way

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:16 pm

Sorgan wrote:When ever you make an evil alliance. The "Feds" order you to disband or they start launching nukes at you and invadeing you becuase you are diffrent. But w.e we can't all have our way

A bunch of n00bs posting poorly-written one-liners and playing "World's Policemen" should be scoffed and OOCly taught how to RP properly, not feared, and if they refuse to improve after multiple tries, they should be IGNORED. Of course, if you want to have a somewhat successful "evil" nation, the advice about doing at least decent writing in your posts also stands.

--------------

As for being "evil", I have a mirror existence of the Confederacy in Earth II which fits the bill quite well, called Goodrule Spanish Three, although their basic goal is to maximize happiness and pleasure of as many people as they can... at the expense of their freedom so they can act like obedient servants. Such government believes in hard determinism and thus sees it as a justification for their actions, coupled with their racial hatred against Arabs and religious hatred against Muslims, seem as a threat to the survival of the European culture and as a "threat against their freedom from Dhimmitude".
Last edited by Third Spanish States on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Havensky wrote:OCC: You should have seen The Kraven Corperation... He was a fantastic villian

ooc now that was evil,what they did to those woman just to make super soldiers was just sick an makes you want to throw up
Last edited by Imperial isa on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Havensky wrote:OCC: You should have seen The Kraven Corperation... He was a fantastic villian

((With a name like that? I wouldn't doubt it. :P))
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Techno-Soviet wrote:

((With a name like that? I wouldn't doubt it. :P))

ooc should read the fact book to really see how
Last edited by Imperial isa on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Steel Butterfly
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Butterfly » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:34 am

OOC: As the former head of the GDODAD/The Dominion, I agree. There hasn't been a good "villian" group since 2003-2004 when people learned they could ignore huge aggressive nations ICly. ;) Before then, we would roll on someone and they'd actually go along with it and abandon their nation simply because we "nuked" them or something. How I miss the old days 8)
Founded: March 12th, 2003

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:42 pm

To be honest, my nation is meant to be a sort of Helghast-esque nation, utterly isolationist and self-sufficient unless a resolution or inter-national event could cause benefit for our nation.

Specifically, we invade weaker nations for land and resources, and we only help out other nations when we get something out of it. So, I guess I am an evil nation.
[SHOCKING] Woman dragged by coffee cup into the MANDRILL MAZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdllAAHq-WA

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:21 am

What are you talking about, Mortal! Heartstopping MALICE, and UNRELENTING EVIL is already here, Mortal! Thats right, mortal, Murray, the EVILEST Talking Skull in Nationstates, abides. I am the harbringer of your dooms, and will soon crush all before me. Bow to your master, Mortals!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Murray the Evil Skull for WA Leader!
In your heart, you know He's right!

Warning: the player posts in Character, and will respond in Character.

Deschenek
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Deschenek » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Murray the Evil Skull wrote:What are you talking about, Mortal! Heartstopping MALICE, and UNRELENTING EVIL is already here, Mortal! Thats right, mortal, Murray, the EVILEST Talking Skull in Nationstates, abides. I am the harbringer of your dooms, and will soon crush all before me. Bow to your master, Mortals!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Endorse Deschenek for the greater peace and goodwill torwards flies ( we`re looking into comments for extending that policy torwards humans too)

Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.05

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly