NATION

PASSWORD

The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21500
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Wed May 19, 2021 1:21 pm

The eerie quiet of the bar is interrupted as a pack of wild Wallenburgians heaves itself into the bar. Among them are Helen Trevanyika and Jennifer Ogenbond. They lead the group to the karaoke stage, where one gets on the piano and another produces a small, silver flute. One of the men gets on stage with Trevanyika.

"Okay, okay," says Helen, laughter just barely contained. "So what's the song?"

"Do 'Falling Down the Stairs Again!'" shouts one of the Wallenburgians.

Another interjects, "No no, 'So Long My Brother'! It's more fitting!"

"Why don't you save your ideas for your own turn," says the man on the stage. He turns his attention to Helen. "I was thinking 'Two Cups for the King'. You know how to change the words, right?"

She laughs out loud now, nodding excitedly. "Oh yes, that's a good one. Boys, give us a chorus for free so we can get our composure."

The players look to each other and begin to make their music. It's a bouncing, simple tune, one that might be more at home at the hearth of a farmhouse than on an international campus. The man and two women on the stage begin singing in no particular key, belting out the verse and trying not to laugh.

King Pertrekkin rode to River Grey,
Just to see his army go.
We stood waiting on the River Grey,
Nervous boys and trembling gals.

Their horses and their mighty tanks
Produced such fearful row.
We stood our ground against the banks
And fast held our morale.

The entire group of Wallenburgians joins in for the chorus, a directed contempt and hatred thick in their voices.

A cup to our good King!
A cup to our good King!
Two cups of blood for our good King to drown himself in.

A cup to our good King!
A cup to our good King!
Two cups of blood for our good King to drown himself in.

The group continues in the same manner as the three singers begin the second verse.

King Pertrekkin rode to River Grey,
Just to see his army run.
We stood cheering on the River Grey,
Bloodied boys and shouting gals.

Their corpses and artillery
Were strewn out 'neath the sun.
We fought them back until they fell
And sent them straight to hell.

A cup to our good King!
A cup to our good King!
Two cups of blood for our good King to drown himself in.

A cup to our good King!
A cup to our good King!
Two cups of blood for our good King to drown himself in.
Last edited by Wallenburg on Wed May 19, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7651
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:53 pm

Slick reminisces. There was once a liveliness, a soul to this Bar. He had felt it and had relished in it once upon a time. Not anymore, he thinks bitterly. In his inebriated state, he gazes upon the sea of emptiness. Of abandoned culture, of abandoned memories.

He had felt it in his day-to-day life as an Ambassador too. A monotony had overcome the collective delegations of the World Assembly. Work, type, write, draft, submit, campaign, debate, argue. Non-stop, all day. He sensed that people simply weren't getting enough time off. A ghost of a smile graces his features as he fondly recalls the Wallenburgian display a couple of weeks prior. "But that's gone too..." McCooley says to himself mournfully, his slight grin replaced by a deep frown.

Silence.

As his gaze drifts around the Bar, he fixates on a piano positioned adjacent to the stage. He felt as if it was beckoning. Play me. Love me. Make me feel useful. Could the piano have sentience? Thoughts? Was the piano feeling as lonely as he was at this moment? Hell if he knew. But, it provided him an excuse to carry out this sudden urge that had come before him. Standing up from the bar stool, he stumbled over to the piano. It was an ornate grand piano. That it had survived the years of turmoil that had ensued in this Bar was nothing short of a miracle.

"Sunshine". McCooley relaxes, being taken back to his childhood. His mother had played this piece on their modest piano at home. "Sunshine Sonata" was its name. A beautiful melody in Ionian mode, it was an uplifting, serene composition. He cracks his knuckles, stretches his fingers. He hadn't played the piano in years. Yet, somehow, he felt emboldened at this moment. It was his mission. To bring something joyous to this decrepit husk of an establishment. His fingers made contact with the keys. He tested his reflexes, playing single notes. It took him several minutes, but he eventually acquainted himself with the unique feel of this particular storied instrument. Then, he decided to go for what he had in mind.

Sunshine.

He takes a deep breath, and,

Tranquility.

It was tranquility he felt. He was shivering, both from his intoxication and his reaction to the utter serenity which graced his ears. "Mama..." he whispers softly, smiling wistfully afterward. He couldn't quite tell if he was hearing the notes he was playing, or if he was hearing his own memories. It didn't quite matter to him. He played on.

For he had created his own sunshine out of the darkness that surrounded him.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21500
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:14 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:"Sunshine". McCooley relaxes, being taken back to his childhood. His mother had played this piece on their modest piano at home. "Sunshine Sonata" was its name. A beautiful melody in Ionian mode, it was an uplifting, serene composition. He cracks his knuckles, stretches his fingers. He hadn't played the piano in years. Yet, somehow, he felt emboldened at this moment. It was his mission. To bring something joyous to this decrepit husk of an establishment. His fingers made contact with the keys. He tested his reflexes, playing single notes. It took him several minutes, but he eventually acquainted himself with the unique feel of this particular storied instrument. Then, he decided to go for what he had in mind.

Sunshine.

He takes a deep breath, and,

Tranquility.

It was tranquility he felt. He was shivering, both from his intoxication and his reaction to the utter serenity which graced his ears. "Mama..." he whispers softly, smiling wistfully afterward. He couldn't quite tell if he was hearing the notes he was playing, or if he was hearing his own memories. It didn't quite matter to him. He played on.

For, he had created his own sunshine out of the darkness that surrounded him.

The Wallenburgians on stage seem to reappear spontaneously. For them, of course, they had never left. The shock of the Bar's timey-wimey nonsense catches them off guard. They look to each other with a clear question in their eyes. What happened to everyone else? Jennifer takes note of the new pianist and his slow, mournful, yet heartwarming melody.

"W--so what do we do now?" asks Trevanyika in her ear.

One, two, three.

The man with them steps back a bit, less comfortable without the other Wallenburgians around.

One, two, three. One, two, three.

The universal language of the piano's vibrations pulses through Jennifer twice: once through the air and into her ears, and once again through her feet and up to her skull. She hears it, and feels it. She turns around. Her fingers interlace with Trevanyika's and, with a gentle push, stretch the pair's arms into a high arc over their heads. One, two, three. One, two, three. She steps in time with the music. Trevanyika's eyes flash to hers, then down to her feet, taking in every movement of her feet. ONE, two, three. ONE, two, three. She turns her hand and Trevanyika follows in a slow spin. Their arced arms come down and the two come close. Jennifer's mouth curls up in a wide smile.

"Aldonis, Helen, you know this one. Feel the pulse. Feel the ladder the music builds for you and climb it."

ONE, two, three. ONE, two, three. The two dance in a wide circle around the perimeter of the karaoke stage. They separate in a spin and then come crashing back together. Trevanyika takes on her friend's smile.

"I think you've got it."

"I think I do."

"Good." Jennifer nudges Trevanyika away, who drifts into the Wallenburgian man's space. Her feet stop cold and her smile drops. He takes her hand and nods to the stage. The back of his hand beads with nervous sweat. "I think Jenny wants us to give it a go."

Trevanyika takes in a ragged breath. "O-okay." The smile inches its way back up her face. "Okay." ONE, two, three. ONE, two, three.

Jennifer leaves the pair to their dance, approaching McCooley's piano. She rests her elbows on the back, then flattens her arms out so her palms can feel the piano shaking underneath. "It's strange, how even when it comes from an alien culture, music still feels like music. Keep playing, mister."
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7651
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:21 pm

Slick's fingertips still at hearing the woman's voice. He picks up the sounds of gleeful people behind him and smiles. Taking a deep breath, his fingers work their magic once more, continuing where he had left off.

He hums to himself as he plays, allowing the melody to carry him off once more into his memories.

"Hu-nu-nu-nuh... Hu-nu-nu-nah...

He is taken back to a land of golden wheat and recalls the vibrant sun casting a brilliant glow upon its vast expanses. There is a mournful tinge to his recollection- an understanding that this is a time and experience he may never experience again. It doesn't matter all that much to him, however.

He will never forget it.

After several minutes, Slick gets the impression that the Bar perhaps is beginning to see activity, that it's awakening. That it's alive once more. He should probably directly acknowledge this lady who has no doubt been waiting patiently for him to respond.

"H-Heya." McCooley says, hiccuping as he does so. He smiles sheepishly.

User avatar
Herby
Diplomat
 
Posts: 884
Founded: Jul 13, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Herby » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:12 am

Urgh. I am in dire need of a vacation. Yo. Neville. Got anything that’ll make me feel like I’m floating in space without a care in the world? Hmph. Okay then ehhhh a bottle o’ dry gas with an E85 chaser then.
-- Ambassador #53. From the nation of Herby. But you can call me Herby.

Herby's doors and windows are ALWAYS locked when she's in the Strangers' Bar (unless she unlocks them for you). And, she has no accelerator, a mock steering wheel, and no gear shifter. So, no joyrides.

User avatar
Trellania
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 159
Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Trellania » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:51 am

Dame Allania Trueblood wanderes in, carrying a pile of scrolls and with a crow perched upon her shoulder. She is wearing a blue medieval-style dress, with gold highlights, and has her blond hair kept out of her blue eyes by a braid that goes around the back of her head. She sighs a moment as she plops the scrolls down on the bar, then looks around.

"I swear, this place is such an eldritch maze I think I passed myself in the hall earlier! And the work of a delegate never-"

Dame Allania pauses as a buzzing comes from her chest. Sighing, she reaches inside and pulls out her cell phone. "Yes? Jurisprudence Studies? Fine, I'll head there."

She taps on the phone, deposits it back where she retrieved it from, and then grabs the set of scrolls. "I'll see you gentlemen in a bit."

And as that Dame Allania turns and rushes out, another Dame Allania, identical save for the lack of crow, walks in. The Dame Allania who walks in stops and stares at the other Dame Allania who is retreating, before turning to the others in the room.

"You guys are seeing this, right? I'm not imagining this?"

OOC: There's nothing supernatural going on. There is a purely mundane explanation.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21500
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:16 am

Trellania wrote:And as that Dame Allania turns and rushes out, another Dame Allania, identical save for the lack of crow, walks in. The Dame Allania who walks in stops and stares at the other Dame Allania who is retreating, before turning to the others in the room.

"You guys are seeing this, right? I'm not imagining this?"

Jennifer takes her eyes away from Slick to evaluate the anomalous event. "Oh, for sure, that's pretty ordinary. It has something to do with the temporal properties of the Bar. People disappear mid-conversation or reappear in different places. 'Helps us get to work on time,' according to Neville. I think he just likes that it fucks with the brain."

She returns her attention to Slick. "Hey yourself, Mr. Keys. You're pretty good at this. Certainly better than anyone back at the office."
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
American Pere Housh
Minister
 
Posts: 3484
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:46 am

Vanny, her friend Isabella and the King Alexander of APH teleport into the bar with 2 amps, an electric and bass guitar, and a drum set. They everything up with Vanny at electric guitar, Isabella at bass guitar and the King at drums. They begin playing the Imperial March meets Metal.

OOC:Listen to The Imperial March Meets Metal by ERock for what it sounds like.
Government Type:Militaristic Absolute Monarchy
Leader:King Alexander
WA Ambassador: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Secretary of Defense:Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State:Alicia Cortez
Current Year:2750
I stand with the State of Israel.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21500
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:20 am

American Pere Housh wrote:Vanny, her friend Isabella and the King Alexander of APH teleport into the bar with 2 amps, an electric and bass guitar, and a drum set. They everything up with Vanny at electric guitar, Isabella at bass guitar and the King at drums. They begin playing the Imperial March meets Metal.

OOC:Listen to The Imperial March Meets Metal by ERock for what it sounds like.

"Pardon me, mister..." Jennifer realizes she doesn't know Slick's name. "Pardon me." Eyes and ears screwed tight against the electric sound, she walks back behind the stage. One amp goes silent, then the other as she unplugs them from the Bar's electricity. Jennifer rejoins Slick at the piano. "My apologies. I'm Jennifer, by the way. I'm with the Wallenburgian delegation, same as those two."

She gestures to Helen and her partner, both of whom have stopped dancing at the unexpected intrusion on the stage.
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Trellania
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 159
Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Trellania » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:32 am

Wallenburg wrote:Jennifer takes her eyes away from Slick to evaluate the anomalous event. "Oh, for sure, that's pretty ordinary. It has something to do with the temporal properties of the Bar. People disappear mid-conversation or reappear in different places. 'Helps us get to work on time,' according to Neville. I think he just likes that it fucks with the brain."


For the briefest of moments, one could almost see a mischievous smile upon the knight's lips. "I shall keep that in mind."

American Pere Housh wrote:Vanny, her friend Isabella and the King Alexander of APH teleport into the bar with 2 amps, an electric and bass guitar, and a drum set. They everything up with Vanny at electric guitar, Isabella at bass guitar and the King at drums. They begin playing the Imperial March meets Metal.


Wallenburg wrote:"Pardon me, mister..." Jennifer realizes she doesn't know Slick's name. "Pardon me." Eyes and ears screwed tight against the electric sound, she walks back behind the stage. One amp goes silent, then the other as she unplugs them from the Bar's electricity. Jennifer rejoins Slick at the piano. "My apologies. I'm Jennifer, by the way. I'm with the Wallenburgian delegation, same as those two."

She gestures to Helen and her partner, both of whom have stopped dancing at the unexpected intrusion on the stage.


As soon as the band appears and starts playing, Allania wrinkles her nose in dislike. The music was not bad, even if in her opinion the playing was terrible and far too loud for this scene, but she has to smile as the other walks up to start unplugging amps. Dame Allania follows, giving one of the amps a hip bump that would being it slightly closer to the edge of the stage, but not quite close enough to fall over... at least, not without help.

"I'm Dame Allania Trueblood, one of the three delegates from Trellania. I'm hoping to get to know people from other delegations. Maybe find ways we can make deals outside the chambers of the proposals to further goals for multiple people."

User avatar
American Pere Housh
Minister
 
Posts: 3484
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:35 am

Wallenburg wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:Vanny, her friend Isabella and the King Alexander of APH teleport into the bar with 2 amps, an electric and bass guitar, and a drum set. They everything up with Vanny at electric guitar, Isabella at bass guitar and the King at drums. They begin playing the Imperial March meets Metal.

OOC:Listen to The Imperial March Meets Metal by ERock for what it sounds like.

"Pardon me, mister..." Jennifer realizes she doesn't know Slick's name. "Pardon me." Eyes and ears screwed tight against the electric sound, she walks back behind the stage. One amp goes silent, then the other as she unplugs them from the Bar's electricity. Jennifer rejoins Slick at the piano. "My apologies. I'm Jennifer, by the way. I'm with the Wallenburgian delegation, same as those two."

She gestures to Helen and her partner, both of whom have stopped dancing at the unexpected intrusion on the stage.

Vanny looks at Jennifer and the other with narrowed eyes" I'm a woman if you must know and these are my friends Isabella and Alexander. Isabella is a princess and Alexander is our King. I'm Eliza Cortez but I prefer to be called Vanny as Vanessa is my middle name and I'm American Pere Housh's WA Ambassador. Now I will play something softer." Vanny goes over and plugs in the Amps then moves the amp to prevent it from falling and begins playing Hall of Fame by The Script with Vanny singing lead and Isabella as backup.
Government Type:Militaristic Absolute Monarchy
Leader:King Alexander
WA Ambassador: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Secretary of Defense:Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State:Alicia Cortez
Current Year:2750
I stand with the State of Israel.

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7651
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:50 am

Wallenburg wrote:"Pardon me, mister..." Jennifer realizes she doesn't know Slick's name. "Pardon me." Eyes and ears screwed tight against the electric sound, she walks back behind the stage. One amp goes silent, then the other as she unplugs them from the Bar's electricity. Jennifer rejoins Slick at the piano. "My apologies. I'm Jennifer, by the way. I'm with the Wallenburgian delegation, same as those two."

She gestures to Helen and her partner, both of whom have stopped dancing at the unexpected intrusion on the stage.

His job done, Slick ceases playing. He relaxes his muscles, a grin appearing on his face as he sees the bar fill up with life. "No worries, Jennifer," he said, turning to face the woman. "I'm Slick. That's my legal name, but it is not my real name if you get what I mean."

He notes the softer melody coming from the amps. "Thank you for helping tone things down on the stage. It helps out with that buzz I'm feeling right now."

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21500
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:55 am

Trellania wrote:As soon as the band appears and starts playing, Allania wrinkles her nose in dislike. The music was not bad, even if in her opinion the playing was terrible and far too loud for this scene, but she has to smile as the other walks up to start unplugging amps. Dame Allania follows, giving one of the amps a hip bump that would being it slightly closer to the edge of the stage, but not quite close enough to fall over... at least, not without help.

"I'm Dame Allania Trueblood, one of the three delegates from Trellania. I'm hoping to get to know people from other delegations. Maybe find ways we can make deals outside the chambers of the proposals to further goals for multiple people."

"Ah, of course. You'll probably want to talk to Mikael about that, or maybe Gerald. I just work with the compliance department. It's good to meet new faces though."
American Pere Housh wrote:Vanny looks at Jennifer and the other with narrowed eyes" I'm a woman if you must know and these are my friends Isabella and Alexander. Isabella is a princess and Alexander is our King. I'm Eliza Cortez but I prefer to be called Vanny as Vanessa is my middle name and I'm American Pere Housh's WA Ambassador. Now I will play something softer." Vanny goes over and plugs in the Amps then moves the amp to prevent it from falling and begins playing Hall of Fame by The Script with Vanny singing lead and Isabella as backup.

"Well, I'm sure you'd be fascinated with the Wallenburgian track record when it comes to nobility."

The new music does not frustrate Jennifer as much, but a grimace twists her face once more. She looks back to Dame Allania. "Really, I don't know how someone can be so tasteless. Da-da-da-da-da-da-da?" she asks in a dull drone. Gesturing to Slick, she adds, "It may sound unusual but I can at least appreciate the sound of his music."
Greater Cesnica wrote:His job done, Slick ceases playing. He relaxes his muscles, a grin appearing on his face as he sees the bar fill up with life. "No worries, Jennifer," he said, turning to face the woman. "I'm Slick. That's my legal name, but it is not my real name if you get what I mean."

A playful grin tugs at the corners of Jennifer's grimace. "Mysterious. Very good. Good to meet you, Slick. Officially, I mean."
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 16114
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:07 am

Bell, sitting on a stool, starts booing the Pere Housh performers. "Boo!! Put Slick back on! Or I'll send my goat to chew up your amp cords! We want Slick! We want Slick!"

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

User avatar
Trellania
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 159
Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Trellania » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:08 am

Dame Allania frowns, for a moment, as the other Dame Allania enters the bar. But at the same time, the two Dame Allania's make no effort to look at each other, though the second one looks at the band and then at the bar.

"Greetings, Slick!" the first Dame Allania says, just slightly too loudly. "My apologies. Minor throat irritation. You know how it gets in these debates."

The first Dame Allania motions to the bar just as a strange, dark-haired man wanders in. The man is wearing an extremely old-fashioned set of medieval robes and has a raven on his shoulder, which immediately starts cawing loudly at a slight jostle of the man's shoulders as he adjusts the robes. He stops by the bar a moment to order a glass of ice water while the second Dame Allania slips around to try to find the fuse box.

The first Dame Allania nods to Jennifer. "I definitely will talk to them. But for now, it is always nice to enjoy company. And besides, maybe I can talk to you later about how your compliance department manages things. Trellania is still setting up much of its international diplomatic system, and we would not mind borrowing useful systems from other nations to save ourselves some hassle."

At this point, the dark-haired man grabs a glass of water and begins to approach the group.

Mentally, the first Dame Allania makes note of the American Pere Housh'nobility. She'll want to talk to them later about how they handle things, but not while they're in the middle of playing a song. She also makes a mental note to ask Jennifer about Wallenburg nobility sometime, but not now.

"So, how often do you play?" the first Dame Allania asks Slick.

At that point, the second Dame Allania slips back out, rubs the front of her neck and walks out of the bar. The first Dame Allania gives the barest of nods, then accepts the glass from the dark-haired man. "And this is my assistant. He's taken a vow of namelessness; it's something nobles in Trellania sometimes do in order to learn how the commoners live and work. We find it makes for better leaders."

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7651
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:37 am

Wallenburg wrote:A playful grin tugs at the corners of Jennifer's grimace. "Mysterious. Very good. Good to meet you, Slick. Officially, I mean."

"It is nice to meet you too. Officially, of course." McCooley chuckles softly. His attention is then taken by Bell's shouts. He looks around and spots him, and gives him the meanest glare he could muster at this moment- which wasn't very mean, given the circumstances. He buzzes his lips and shakes his head, indicating he wasn't up for playing right now. At this, he then focuses on the noble Ambassador who was asking about his playing and her assistant, to who he nods before looking at the Ambassador herself. "I don't play often at all. I haven't played in years, Dame... All... Allania, is it?" he replies. He steals a glance at Jennifer, nodding towards the barstools.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21500
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:09 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:"It is nice to meet you too. Officially, of course." McCooley chuckles softly. His attention is then taken by Bell's shouts. He looks around and spots him, and gives him the meanest glare he could muster at this moment- which wasn't very mean, given the circumstances. He buzzes his lips and shakes his head, indicating he wasn't up for playing right now. At this, he then focuses on the noble Ambassador who was asking about his playing and her assistant, to who he nods before looking at the Ambassador herself. "I don't play often at all. I haven't played in years, Dame... All... Allania, is it?" he replies. He steals a glance at Jennifer, nodding towards the barstools.

Jennifer nods in return and takes a seat at the bar proper. She orders some water. Her eyes shift between Dame Allania and McCooley. Is Dame her name or an honorific? A title? An office? Something to ask about later.

Back on the karaoke stage, the other two Wallenburgians struggle together in finding a dance that fits the new music.
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Trellania
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 159
Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Trellania » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Dame Allania performed a quick curtsy, as best as she could without spilling any water, before following the two to the bar.

"Yes. Dame Allania Trueblood, Knight of the Order of the Assembly under Her Majesty Queen Illanya, formerly Order of the Horse under the Duchess of Velhri." She pursed her lips as she remembered the argument about order names still raging when she had received her orders. "'Order of the Assembly' is a temporary name. We needed to be called something for recordkeeping until a more acceptable name could be wrought."

The nameless man who had approached Dame Allania earlier turned and left, heading to join the other Dame Allania and catch up on paperwork.

I wonder how long it will take people here to catch on? This will be fun.

"I apologize for dominating the conversation like I have. I am sorry you don't play more; it was quite lovely, before the... other music started."

User avatar
Herby
Diplomat
 
Posts: 884
Founded: Jul 13, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Herby » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:41 pm

Ohhhhhhh foe the love of all things mechanical will you people STOP WITH THIS ENDLESS KAKA-PHONY! What the hell fo you think this is? It’s a bar, not the battle of the bands at the local high school. Neville, do something about this shit will ya? And ehhhh make that order to go.
-- Ambassador #53. From the nation of Herby. But you can call me Herby.

Herby's doors and windows are ALWAYS locked when she's in the Strangers' Bar (unless she unlocks them for you). And, she has no accelerator, a mock steering wheel, and no gear shifter. So, no joyrides.

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7651
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:45 pm

Wallenburg wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:"It is nice to meet you too. Officially, of course." McCooley chuckles softly. His attention is then taken by Bell's shouts. He looks around and spots him, and gives him the meanest glare he could muster at this moment- which wasn't very mean, given the circumstances. He buzzes his lips and shakes his head, indicating he wasn't up for playing right now. At this, he then focuses on the noble Ambassador who was asking about his playing and her assistant, to who he nods before looking at the Ambassador herself. "I don't play often at all. I haven't played in years, Dame... All... Allania, is it?" he replies. He steals a glance at Jennifer, nodding towards the barstools.

Jennifer nods in return and takes a seat at the bar proper. She orders some water. Her eyes shift between Dame Allania and McCooley. Is Dame her name or an honorific? A title? An office? Something to ask about later.

Back on the karaoke stage, the other two Wallenburgians struggle together in finding a dance that fits the new music.

McCooley takes a seat next to Jennifer. "Ginger ale, please," he asks the bartender. He then is subjected to Dame Allania's full title. He blinks rapidly, sharing an incredulous look with Jennifer. "Ah, no worries. Conversation is always a good thing to have." he replies to the medieval-clothed lady.

"As for you, Jennifer, I must confess that your delegation has a great prowess with theatrics. I've found myself mesmerized by them on more than one occasion."

User avatar
American Pere Housh
Minister
 
Posts: 3484
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:45 pm

Herby wrote:Ohhhhhhh foe the love of all things mechanical will you people STOP WITH THIS ENDLESS KAKA-PHONY! What the hell fo you think this is? It’s a bar, not the battle of the bands at the local high school. Neville, do something about this shit will ya? And ehhhh make that order to go.

Vanny looked at what appears to be an old style Volkswagen Bug and jumped off the stage to where the talking car sat, "You better be glad you're in this bar because I have killed people for less than what you said. Now if you would kindly fuck off. I need a drink after hearing that bullshit." She walks over to the bar and sits down. Izzy and Alex sit down beside her so Vanny orders for the 3 of them, "3 shots of your best whiskey bartender."
Government Type:Militaristic Absolute Monarchy
Leader:King Alexander
WA Ambassador: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Secretary of Defense:Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State:Alicia Cortez
Current Year:2750
I stand with the State of Israel.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21500
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:McCooley takes a seat next to Jennifer. "Ginger ale, please," he asks the bartender. He then is subjected to Dame Allania's full title. He blinks rapidly, sharing an incredulous look with Jennifer. "Ah, no worries. Conversation is always a good thing to have." he replies to the medieval-clothed lady.

"As for you, Jennifer, I must confess that your delegation has a great prowess with theatrics. I've found myself mesmerized by them on more than one occasion."

"Oh? Which ones would those be? I know we have music nights, and sometimes the office does a small production in the lobby. Or are you talking about any particular individuals?"

Jennifer looks past McCooley to where her compatriots have figured out some sort of awkward shuffle to fit the music. It's not impressive, but they seem to be having fun.
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Trellania
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 159
Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Trellania » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Dame Allania barely suppresses a smirk at the looks of confusion, even as she tries to ignore what is going on with the heckler and the band. Oh, it is so tempting to cause chaos.

"That long title means 'I used to be in law enforcement, now I'm a diplomat.'" She decided the details about the law enforcement were not important. And, for now, she listens quietly as the pair discuss theatrics, though she takes an interest at the mention of music nights.

"Music nights? Is anyone free to come?" I must make certain my sister knows those are off-limits.

She gives a nod to the band as they approach the bar, but keeps her attention on the other two. McCooley's likely the best target for now... I'll have to be careful with the make-up. Get Illusina to distract him...

User avatar
Laka Strolistandiler
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1566
Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22 pm

Good day to you, fellow ambassadors...- Obraztsova looks far more depressed than usual. Sitting herself in the corner of the bar, she orders a usual glass of water- drinking alcoholic beverages will most likely result in her suspension, and looked at the table, as of she was thinking of some great mistakes... Truly, she did in one way or another failed her nation, and now there was but one way to replenish this failure... The way she truly did not wanted to go.
OOC: if you don’t want serious, hard themes RP here give me a word cause I don’t wanna break your nice chatting with my extremely depressed ambassador being pressured into committing equivalent of seppuku for her failures.
Last edited by Laka Strolistandiler on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For: Cultural Nationalism, Enlightened Dictatorship, Authoritarianism, Pro-Life, Computer-Controlled Command Economy, Collectivism, Machiavellism, National Communism,Zionism, Total Equality of Sexes, Stoicism, Altruism, Russian Imperialism, Internet Piracy, Nuclear Energy and Weapons
Mixed: Freedom of Speech, Animal Rights, Populism, Democracy, Total War, Environmentalism, Racism
Against: Neoliberalism, Privacy, Republicanism, Secularism, Capitalism, Abortion, LGBTQ+, Critical Racial Theory, Individualism, Internationalism, Sunni Islam, Zionism, Personal Privacy and Rights

The most based half-black Russian you’re ever going to see in your whole life.
Pride? [REDACTED]
RIP Borderlands of Rojava. Unjustly DOS’d for alleged sins on June 21st, 2021.
#FreeNSGRojava
someModerators lie.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21500
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:25 pm

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:Good day to you, fellow ambassadors...- Obraztsova looks far more depressed than usual. Sitting herself in the corner of the bar, she orders a usual glass of water- drinking alcoholic beverages will most likely result in her suspension, and looked at the table, as of she was thinking of some great mistakes... Truly, she did in one way or another failed her nation, and now there was but one way to replenish this failure... The way she truly did not wanted to go.
OOC: if you don’t want serious, hard themes RP here give me a word I don’t wanna break your nice chatting with my extremely depressed ambassador being pressured into committing equivalent of seppuku for her failures.

OOC: I mean, as long as you follow the OSRS and the Barlordian Conventions then you're welcome to do whatever, but be aware it's hard to RP with the dark, brooding loner who hides in the back of the bar.
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads