NATION

PASSWORD

The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21491
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 pm

The dark, musty gloom stares back. Wait, no, it's just Mikael Ogenbond. He sits alone at his table, paperwork strewn across it in poor order. "I am here, stranger. Welcome to what remains. Shall I buy you a drink?"
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Groot
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 117
Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Groot » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:07 am

The Langburn Islands wrote:Ambassador Arias enters the Strangers' Bar.

What the hell have I stepped into?, she thought to herself as she stepped over a gritty, dark green puddle which she sure hoped wasn't what she thought it was.

The dark, musty gloom of the bar stretched out into the nether.

"Is there anyone here?"

Groot awakens with a start. "I am Groot," says Groot, as he raises an empty, cobweb-filled glass.
-- Ambassador Groot, Groot ambassador.

User avatar
The Langburn Islands
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 45
Founded: Jan 14, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Langburn Islands » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:25 am

Wallenburg wrote:The dark, musty gloom stares back. Wait, no, it's just Mikael Ogenbond. He sits alone at his table, paperwork strewn across it in poor order. "I am here, stranger. Welcome to what remains. Shall I buy you a drink?"

"Thank you Mr Ogenbond! I'd love a beer!" Arias smiled kindly towards Ambassador Ogenbond. My god, she thought to herself, I don't want to imagine what his office is like.
Groot wrote:
The Langburn Islands wrote:Ambassador Arias enters the Strangers' Bar.

What the hell have I stepped into?, she thought to herself as she stepped over a gritty, dark green puddle which she sure hoped wasn't what she thought it was.

The dark, musty gloom of the bar stretched out into the nether.

"Is there anyone here?"

Groot awakens with a start. "I am Groot," says Groot, as he raises an empty, cobweb-filled glass.

Arias looked towards Ambassador Arias. "Didn't mean to wake you Ambassador! Would you like a drink? And maybe a new glass?"
The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands
Population: 4.2 million Capital city: Onita (pop. 1.5 million)

President: Bear Logan (Independent)
Prime Minister: Jim Coffey (Reform)
WA Ambassador: Susana Arias (Independent)

User avatar
Groot
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 117
Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Groot » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:39 am

The Langburn Islands wrote:"Didn't mean to wake you Ambassador! Would you like a drink? And maybe a new glass?"

Groot nods. "I am Groot," he says to the bartender, sliding the empty glass towards him. Within moments, a new glass of root beer is placed in front of him. "I am Groot," says Groot, raising the glass in the direction of Ambassador Arias.
-- Ambassador Groot, Groot ambassador.

User avatar
Untecna
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1122
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Untecna » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:43 am

Rend walks in the bar, looking at everyone, before continuing down to the counter. He sits down. He then asks for a whiskey, and pulls out a few papers.
Somehow still arguing in the WA since 2020.
A somewhat centrist, mostly because I have left and right wing views, depending on the topic at hand.
Part of: SETA | IFTC | GRAIL | CATO
My storefronts: Palo
InfValues Results:

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7609
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Wallenburg wrote:The dark, musty gloom stares back. Wait, no, it's just Mikael Ogenbond. He sits alone at his table, paperwork strewn across it in poor order. "I am here, stranger. Welcome to what remains. Shall I buy you a drink?"

Ambassador McCooley surveys the eerily dim-lit Bar as he enters. He starts coughing, unaccustomed to the decrepit air within. Letting the fit pass, he walks towards an empty table, slinging his laptop bag with him. He sighs. "What in God's name happened here?" he inquires out loud, crinkling his nose at the state of dust-covered tabletop.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Silvedania
Minister
 
Posts: 3152
Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Silvedania » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:17 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:The dark, musty gloom stares back. Wait, no, it's just Mikael Ogenbond. He sits alone at his table, paperwork strewn across it in poor order. "I am here, stranger. Welcome to what remains. Shall I buy you a drink?"

Ambassador McCooley surveys the eerily dim-lit Bar as he enters. He starts coughing, unaccustomed to the decrepit air within. Letting the fit pass, he walks towards an empty table, slinging his laptop bag with him. He sighs. "What in God's name happened here?" he inquires out loud, crinkling his nose at the state of dust-covered tabletop.

"Who's there?" A sound comes from the couch. Coach-human. Who knows anymore? Thats what happens when someone sleeps on the coach for over a month, voting for proposals on their phone. Bridgette sits up. "How did I get over here?"
Silvedania, the majestic nation.
NS Stats are mostly accurate except for a few things, like this nation is capitalist and the death penalty isn't in effect

News:All trade with Crabaiaia and Pikala has stopped as diplomats meet in Trenaka.  Silvedanians are confused by Quentin Tarantulatino's new film, Seasonal Snackbox(This is a Bojack Horseman reference.) Weird song goes viral for making no sense.

Co-founder of LITA | Member of ICDN | Former Member of SETA | Member of IFTC | He/Him/His | Airport: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=493569#p37851012
Being president looks like the worst job in the world. -John Mulaney

User avatar
Esthe
Envoy
 
Posts: 273
Founded: Feb 21, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esthe » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:20 pm

They have no time to answer, as a shotgun clicks and hits them in the elbow. One by one, they collapse, tranquilized by the bullets. The mysterious shooter puts them in a bag and carries them away, for reasons for now only known to him.
Last edited by Esthe on Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I cannot take any music later than 1980, with a few exceptions.

I’m at the right end of the center-left. You could potentially call me a neocon, because when I bite, I bite down hard.

Sapply value results: https://sapplyvalues.github.io/results.html?right=-2.00&auth=-2.00&prog=4.06
Pro: Nature, Biden, equality, optimism
Anti: Corruption, racism, Trump, Nazis, overt pessimism
#FreeRojava


Resident NS proghead.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21491
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:24 pm

Ogenbond calls over to Neville to get a glass of one of the more popular Wallenburgian red wines brought to the Langburnian ambassador. It would likely disappoint her, being so dilute compared to the alcohol of most other cultures.
Greater Cesnica wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:The dark, musty gloom stares back. Wait, no, it's just Mikael Ogenbond. He sits alone at his table, paperwork strewn across it in poor order. "I am here, stranger. Welcome to what remains. Shall I buy you a drink?"

Ambassador McCooley surveys the eerily dim-lit Bar as he enters. He starts coughing, unaccustomed to the decrepit air within. Letting the fit pass, he walks towards an empty table, slinging his laptop bag with him. He sighs. "What in God's name happened here?" he inquires out loud, crinkling his nose at the state of dust-covered tabletop.

"Budget cuts, what else? Or maybe the janitorial staff got locked in the third sub-basement again. I'll tell you this much: the smell when they finally recovered those people reminded me of my time in the army."
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Groot
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 117
Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Groot » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:31 pm

Esthe wrote:They have no time to answer, as a shotgun clicks and hits them in the elbow.

"I am Groot," says Groot as he is splashed by harmless droplets of water, thanks to the ACMETM Weapons Transmogrifier.
-- Ambassador Groot, Groot ambassador.

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7609
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Wallenburg wrote:Ogenbond calls over to Neville to get a glass of one of the more popular Wallenburgian red wines brought to the Langburnian ambassador. It would likely disappoint her, being so dilute compared to the alcohol of most other cultures.
Greater Cesnica wrote:Ambassador McCooley surveys the eerily dim-lit Bar as he enters. He starts coughing, unaccustomed to the decrepit air within. Letting the fit pass, he walks towards an empty table, slinging his laptop bag with him. He sighs. "What in God's name happened here?" he inquires out loud, crinkling his nose at the state of dust-covered tabletop.

"Budget cuts, what else? Or maybe the janitorial staff got locked in the third sub-basement again. I'll tell you this much: the smell when they finally recovered those people reminded me of my time in the army."

McCooley grimaces. He retrieves a handkerchief in his back pocket and wipes the tabletop until it's clean enough to place his laptop on it. "Someone should probably check down there." he muses to himself. He places his laptop bag down, then turns to face Ambassador Ogenbond. "Actually, ah, you wouldn't happen to have a bottle of those red wines, would you? Need something to help wind down."
Silvedania wrote:"Who's there?" A sound comes from the couch. Coach-human. Who knows anymore? Thats what happens when someone sleeps on the coach for over a month, voting for proposals on their phone. Bridgette sits up. "How did I get over here?"

McCooley smiles, glancing in Bridgette's direction. "That is a good question, Ambassador."
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Island Girl Herby
Attaché
 
Posts: 84
Founded: Feb 28, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Island Girl Herby » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:41 am

Groot wrote:
Esthe wrote:They have no time to answer, as a shotgun clicks and hits them in the elbow.

"I am Groot," says Groot as he is splashed by harmless droplets of water, thanks to the ACMETM Weapons Transmogrifier.

Herby is struck on the front center of her hood (bonnet) by a rubber tipped dart.

Hey hey hey HEY watch where you’re pointing that thing, I just got detailed and oooh oooh OOOH hey look I’m a unicorn!
Last edited by Island Girl Herby on Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Silvedania
Minister
 
Posts: 3152
Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Silvedania » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:08 am

Groot wrote:
Esthe wrote:They have no time to answer, as a shotgun clicks and hits them in the elbow.

"I am Groot," says Groot as he is splashed by harmless droplets of water, thanks to the ACMETM Weapons Transmogrifier.

"But are you?" inquires Couch-Bridgette.
Silvedania, the majestic nation.
NS Stats are mostly accurate except for a few things, like this nation is capitalist and the death penalty isn't in effect

News:All trade with Crabaiaia and Pikala has stopped as diplomats meet in Trenaka.  Silvedanians are confused by Quentin Tarantulatino's new film, Seasonal Snackbox(This is a Bojack Horseman reference.) Weird song goes viral for making no sense.

Co-founder of LITA | Member of ICDN | Former Member of SETA | Member of IFTC | He/Him/His | Airport: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=493569#p37851012
Being president looks like the worst job in the world. -John Mulaney

User avatar
Untecna
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1122
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Untecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:50 am

Silvedania wrote:
Groot wrote:"I am Groot," says Groot as he is splashed by harmless droplets of water, thanks to the ACMETM Weapons Transmogrifier.

"But are you?" inquires Couch-Bridgette.

"Cut it out, of course he is."
Somehow still arguing in the WA since 2020.
A somewhat centrist, mostly because I have left and right wing views, depending on the topic at hand.
Part of: SETA | IFTC | GRAIL | CATO
My storefronts: Palo
InfValues Results:

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 16106
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:32 am

Groot wrote:
Esthe wrote:They have no time to answer, as a shotgun clicks and hits them in the elbow.

"I am Groot," says Groot as he is splashed by harmless droplets of water, thanks to the ACMETM Weapons Transmogrifier.

"I don't believe you," states Bell directly. He then pulls out a cigar and lights it, puffing away without follow-up.
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

User avatar
Groot
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 117
Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Groot » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:47 am

Silvedania wrote:
Groot wrote:"I am Groot," says Groot as he is splashed by harmless droplets of water, thanks to the ACMETM Weapons Transmogrifier.

"But are you?" inquires Couch-Bridgette.
Untecna wrote:"Cut it out, of course he is."
Separatist Peoples wrote:"I don't believe you," states Bell directly. He then pulls out a cigar and lights it, puffing away without follow-up.

"I am Groot," shrugs Groot in a carefree manner as he takes another chug of his root beer.
-- Ambassador Groot, Groot ambassador.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21491
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:59 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:Ogenbond calls over to Neville to get a glass of one of the more popular Wallenburgian red wines brought to the Langburnian ambassador. It would likely disappoint her, being so dilute compared to the alcohol of most other cultures.

"Budget cuts, what else? Or maybe the janitorial staff got locked in the third sub-basement again. I'll tell you this much: the smell when they finally recovered those people reminded me of my time in the army."

McCooley grimaces. He retrieves a handkerchief in his back pocket and wipes the tabletop until it's clean enough to place his laptop on it. "Someone should probably check down there." he muses to himself. He places his laptop bag down, then turns to face Ambassador Ogenbond. "Actually, ah, you wouldn't happen to have a bottle of those red wines, would you? Need something to help wind down."

"A bottle?" Ogenbond hesitates, then calls back to Neville for a bottle of Wallenburgian Hongstenstad. "Let's share it, why not? After all, in this space time is almost meaningless. That's why I do my paperwork here, if I'm smart I can get back to the office before sunset even if I've done days of work. Well, if I'm drunk enough, and if I remember that I'm supposed to be back in bed early."
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7609
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:08 am

Wallenburg wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:McCooley grimaces. He retrieves a handkerchief in his back pocket and wipes the tabletop until it's clean enough to place his laptop on it. "Someone should probably check down there." he muses to himself. He places his laptop bag down, then turns to face Ambassador Ogenbond. "Actually, ah, you wouldn't happen to have a bottle of those red wines, would you? Need something to help wind down."

"A bottle?" Ogenbond hesitates, then calls back to Neville for a bottle of Wallenburgian Hongstenstad. "Let's share it, why not? After all, in this space time is almost meaningless. That's why I do my paperwork here, if I'm smart I can get back to the office before sunset even if I've done days of work. Well, if I'm drunk enough, and if I remember that I'm supposed to be back in bed early."

"Thank you, my friend." McCooley replies, leaving the table to join Ogenbond at his table. Taking a seat adjacent to his counterpart, he positions himself so his laptop bag is visible within his focal vision.

User avatar
The Palentine
Diplomat
 
Posts: 747
Founded: May 18, 2005
Capitalizt

Postby The Palentine » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 pm

After a couple of weeks absence, where he was busy filling in for Sen Sulla, and acting as the City Editor for the newspaper he worked for(while the Editor was on vacation), Mr.Simeon re-enters the bar. Looking around he sees the crowd is somewhat dead, so he decides to do something about it. Philo orders a Sunset Saspirilla and walks over to the piano. He thanks the waitress when she brings his drink, and after taking a sip he sits down. Placing his drink on top of the piano, he does a few rudimentary scales to flex his fingers and warm up. When he is satisfied that he is ready he turns his head to the bar patrons and says,

"Heres one of my favorite classics from Billy Joel. Forgive me for making it fit to the Festering Snakepit. I hope you enjoy it."

"It's nine o'clock on a saturday
Regular crowd shuffles in
There's Dicey Reilly sittin' next to me
Makin' love to her tonic and gin
She says: "Son can you play me a memory?"
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger girl's clothes

La-la-la de-de da
La-la de-de da da-da

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright

Now Jimmy at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be
He says Philo I believe this is killing me
As a smile ran away from his face
Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star
If I could get out of this place

Oh, la-la-la de-de da
La-la de-de da da-da

And Violet is practicing politics
As the ambassadors slowly get stoned
Yes they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
But it's better than drinkin' alone...

Sing us the song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright

It's a pretty good crowd for a saturday
And Neville gives me a smile
'Cause he knows that it's me they've been comin' to see
To forget about life for a while
And the piano it sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer
And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
And say man what are you doin' here?

Oh, la-la-la de-de da
La-la de-de da da-da

Sing us the song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright"
Last edited by The Palentine on Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"There aren't quite as many irredeemable folks as everyone thinks."
-The Dourian Embassy

"Yeah, but some (like Sen. Sulla) have to count for, like 20 or 30 all by themselves."
-Hack

User avatar
Island Girl Herby
Attaché
 
Posts: 84
Founded: Feb 28, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Island Girl Herby » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 am

Oooh. Nice song. Yo Neville, a bottle o’ dry gas please. Yeah, you know who to charge it to. Oh and ehhhh add on a few greenbacks. Half for you an’ half for the dude at the pie-anno. His bread jar is lookin’ way too empty.

User avatar
Untecna
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1122
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Untecna » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:51 pm

The Palentine wrote:After a couple of weeks absence, where he was busy filling in for Sen Sulla, and acting as the City Editor for the newspaper he worked for(while the Editor was on vacation), Mr.Simeon re-enters the bar. Looking around he sees the crowd is somewhat dead, so he decides to do something about it. Philo orders a Sunset Saspirilla and walks over to the piano. He thanks the waitress when she brings his drink, and after taking a sip he sits down. Placing his drink on top of the piano, he does a few rudimentary scales to flex his fingers and warm up. When he is satisfied that he is ready he turns his head to the bar patrons and says,

"Heres one of my favorite classics from Billy Joel. Forgive me for making it fit to the Festering Snakepit. I hope you enjoy it."

"It's nine o'clock on a saturday
Regular crowd shuffles in
There's Dicey Reilly sittin' next to me
Makin' love to her tonic and gin
She says: "Son can you play me a memory?"
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger girl's clothes

La-la-la de-de da
La-la de-de da da-da

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright

Now Jimmy at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be
He says Philo I believe this is killing me
As a smile ran away from his face
Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star
If I could get out of this place

Oh, la-la-la de-de da
La-la de-de da da-da

And Violet is practicing politics
As the ambassadors slowly get stoned
Yes they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
But it's better than drinkin' alone...

Sing us the song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright

It's a pretty good crowd for a saturday
And Neville gives me a smile
'Cause he knows that it's me they've been comin' to see
To forget about life for a while
And the piano it sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer
And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
And say man what are you doin' here?

Oh, la-la-la de-de da
La-la de-de da da-da

Sing us the song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright"

The Untecnan ambassador walks in with a large bag on his back. He approaches the bar.
"Neville, I'll have my usual. Philo, you mind helping a bit?"
He pulls out a guitar and begins playing an acoustic version of "Dream On."
"Every time when I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone

And it went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way?
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life's in books, written pages
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know it's true, oh
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for a year
Sing for the laughter, and sing the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, and sing for the tear
Sing it with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until the dream come true

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dream come true

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on, ah

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, and sing for the tear
Sing it with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away"
Last edited by Untecna on Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somehow still arguing in the WA since 2020.
A somewhat centrist, mostly because I have left and right wing views, depending on the topic at hand.
Part of: SETA | IFTC | GRAIL | CATO
My storefronts: Palo
InfValues Results:

User avatar
The Palentine
Diplomat
 
Posts: 747
Founded: May 18, 2005
Capitalizt

Postby The Palentine » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:51 pm

Untecna wrote:
The Palentine wrote:After a couple of weeks absence, where he was busy filling in for Sen Sulla, and acting as the City Editor for the newspaper he worked for(while the Editor was on vacation), Mr.Simeon re-enters the bar. Looking around he sees the crowd is somewhat dead, so he decides to do something about it. Philo orders a Sunset Saspirilla and walks over to the piano. He thanks the waitress when she brings his drink, and after taking a sip he sits down. Placing his drink on top of the piano, he does a few rudimentary scales to flex his fingers and warm up. When he is satisfied that he is ready he turns his head to the bar patrons and says,

"Heres one of my favorite classics from Billy Joel. Forgive me for making it fit to the Festering Snakepit. I hope you enjoy it."

"It's nine o'clock on a saturday
Regular crowd shuffles in
There's Dicey Reilly sittin' next to me
Makin' love to her tonic and gin
She says: "Son can you play me a memory?"
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger girl's clothes

La-la-la de-de da
La-la de-de da da-da

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright

Now Jimmy at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be
He says Philo I believe this is killing me
As a smile ran away from his face
Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star
If I could get out of this place

Oh, la-la-la de-de da
La-la de-de da da-da

And Violet is practicing politics
As the ambassadors slowly get stoned
Yes they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
But it's better than drinkin' alone...

Sing us the song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright

It's a pretty good crowd for a saturday
And Neville gives me a smile
'Cause he knows that it's me they've been comin' to see
To forget about life for a while
And the piano it sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer
And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
And say man what are you doin' here?

Oh, la-la-la de-de da
La-la de-de da da-da

Sing us the song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright"

The Untecnan ambassador walks in with a large bag on his back. He approaches the bar.
"Neville, I'll have my usual. Philo, you mind helping a bit?"
He pulls out a guitar and begins playing an acoustic version of "Dream On."
"Every time when I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone

And it went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way?
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life's in books, written pages
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know it's true, oh
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for a year
Sing for the laughter, and sing the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, and sing for the tear
Sing it with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until the dream come true

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dream come true

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on, ah

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, and sing for the tear
Sing it with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away"


Philo accompanies the Ambassador from his piano, and when the song is done, he says,

"Well as long as we're doing accoustic. I might as well try out an arrangenment of a song by Slade I've been working on. So please follow along on your guitar."

Philo give the Ambassador the key to start out on. Then the gorilla starts playing and singing a slightly "loungey" version of the song...

"So you think I got an evil mind, well I'll tell you honey,
And I don't know why...
And I don't know why...
So you think my singing's out of time, well it makes me money
And I don't know why...
And I don't know why...
Anymore
Oh no

So cum on feel the noize
Girls grab the boys
We get wild, wild, wild,
We get wild, wild, wild,
So cum on feel the noize
Girls grab the boys
We get wild, wild, wild,
At your door

So you say I got a funny face, I ain't got no worries
And I don't know why...
And I don't know why...
Say I'm a scruff bag well it's no disgrace, I ain't in no hurry
And I don't know why...
I just don't know why...
Anymore
Oh no

So cum on feel the noize
Girls grab the boys
We get wild, wild, wild,
We get wild, wild, wild,
So cum on feel the noize
Girls grab the boys
We get wild, wild, wild,
At your door

So you think we have a lazy time, well you should know better
And I don't know why...
I just don't know why...
And you say I got a dirty mind, well I'm a mean go getter
And I don't know why...
And I don't know why...
Anymore
Oh no

So cum on feel the noize
Girls grab the boys
We get wild, wild, wild,
We get wild, wild, wild,
So cum on feel the noize
Girls grab the boys
We get wild, wild, wild,
At your door."
"There aren't quite as many irredeemable folks as everyone thinks."
-The Dourian Embassy

"Yeah, but some (like Sen. Sulla) have to count for, like 20 or 30 all by themselves."
-Hack

User avatar
Groot
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 117
Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Groot » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:08 am

As Groot once again snoozes at the bar, there is a buzz in his head. Not the figurative buzz that signals he's had one too many root beers, but an audible, muffled buzz. Groot opens one eye, reaches into the short, dense thicket that comprises his hair, and removes his cell phone. He groggily taps the screen and answers: "I am Groot." He listens for a second or two, then snaps to attention. "I am Groot!" he exclaims. He nods at the voice on the other end of the call and, after a minute or two, he responds, "I am Groot!" Groot presses the screen to hang up, looks around for the bartender and motions that he has to leave. As he ambles through the doorway, he breathes on a hand-like twig, smells it, and recoils, and hopes that devoting about three minutes to his personal hygiene will be enough.
Last edited by Groot on Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Ambassador Groot, Groot ambassador.

User avatar
Daarwyrth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1618
Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:15 am

With the clacking of her marine high heels, Maria vyn Nysen announced her entrance into the bar. Most likely the clacking wasn't audible over the hum of voices and sounds, yet the Representative liked to think it was. She smiled, a smile of satisfaction, as she joined her hands and seated herself on a chair at a free table. When a waiter passed her by, she ordered a cup of earl grey tea - a blend she had come to like since her posting to the World Assembly HQ - with honey on the side. When she was alone again, Maria looked around to see who was present.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth

Current year: 2021 CE | Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Government type: Unitary semi-constitutional monarchy | Technology level: Post-modern tech
List of Authored Writings | Factbook on Daarwyrth | Factbook on Queen Demi Maria I | Royal House of Zylkoven | WA Representatives | Political Parties | Diplomatic Programme
Played nations
  • Daarwyrth
  • Cape Blackcat
  • Summerforest
  • Independent Democratic Socialist States
Who am I?
  • 25 years old male
  • Dutch and Polish
  • English literature major
  • Gay leftist

User avatar
American Pere Housh
Minister
 
Posts: 3478
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:59 pm

Vanny slips on a pair of headphones and plugs them into her smartphone. She finds her favorite playlist she had made on Spotify which started with Dance to Forget by Tryhardninja. She singing in a soft but beautiful voice,
"It seems like a lifetime ago
That I saw the gold sunshine glow
No it doesn't reach down below

Shadows become the light
Here where the monsters hide

Normal is just a dream
For all the ghosts like me

I hate my metal bones
My bones and gears creak in my chest
My chest forever cold
A cold and maddening descent
Descending down so far
Fall farther 'til there's nothing left
I'm left here in the dark
The dark
I dance to forget

It seems like a lifetime ago
That I saw the gold sunshine glow
No it doesn't reach down below

Shadows become the light
Here where the monsters hide

Normal is just a dream
For all the ghosts like me

I hate my metal bones
My bones and gears creak in my chest
My chest forever cold
A cold and maddening descent
Descending down so far
Fall farther 'til there's nothing left
I'm left here in the dark
The dark
I dance to forget
I dance to forget

Come now dance with me
As the song plays
Down down dance with me
Stuck on replay

Come now dance with me
As the song plays
Down down dance with me
Stuck on replay

I hate my metal bones
My bones and gears creak in my chest
My chest forever cold
A cold and maddening descent
Descending down so far
Fall farther 'til there's nothing left
I'm left here in the dark
The dark
I dance to forget
I dance I dance I dance
I dance to forget
I dance I dance
I dance to forget
I dance
I dance to forget
I dance
I dance to forget."
Government Type:Militaristic Absolute Monarchy
Leader:King Alexander
WA Ambassador: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Secretary of Defense:Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State:Alicia Cortez
Current Year:2750
I stand with the State of Israel.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daarwyrth, Trellania

Advertisement

Remove ads