NATION

PASSWORD

The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:06 am

"So does it matter if one nation reaches the Death Year before everyone else...?"
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The Great Disparate
Secretary

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Disparate » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:12 am

Skylus wrote:"So does it matter if one nation reaches the Death Year before everyone else...?"

"No. The world before hand would go on as normal. Then war will break out. It will last only an hour. No Organised nation will survive. People? Sure. But Governments and countries? No."
I Won't Cry... For Yesterday...

There's an Ordinary World.... Somehow I have to Find...

Ambassadors: Veneziano Valdez, Senka Fox LVI, Venezia V.2.0 DISPAR The Lone Wanderer
Protector of the Arctic.
Pro- separatism, Religion, fascism, enslavement, Christianity, Capitalism Rightist, Ice.
Anti- LGBT, Racist, Multi-culturalism, Islam, Jude, Leftist, Communism, Heat.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:13 am

The Great Disparate wrote:
Skylus wrote:"So does it matter if one nation reaches the Death Year before everyone else...?"

"No. The world before hand would go on as normal. Then war will break out. It will last only an hour. No Organised nation will survive. People? Sure. But Governments and countries? No."

"And you know this because....?"
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The Great Disparate
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Disparate » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 am

Skylus wrote:
The Great Disparate wrote:

"And you know this because....?"

I Come from the year 8997 AD. Guess you would call, a Historian. The Generations before me Writen down the stories of what happened. We traveled the world. We recived more information.

Ambassadors: Veneziano Valdez, Senka Fox LVI, Venezia V.2.0 DISPAR The Lone Wanderer
Protector of the Arctic.
Pro- separatism, Religion, fascism, enslavement, Christianity, Capitalism Rightist, Ice.

Groot
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Groot » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:37 am

The Great Disparate wrote:"Firstly, I can't understand you. And Secondly, it is true. No nation will escape from the Atomic Fire. No matter how fast you try to run. Death's whisper is carried upon the flames, the smoke, and the radioactive dust. I am not sure if you were threatening me, but I would not if I were you."

The Stranger turns away from the Tree creature and Lights a cigar. He turns back and says,

"I have friends in low places. Arctic Low. Freezing to death in a pit of ice. I suppose you do not want to join them. That goes for everyone, ya know? Step on DISPAR's feet and you will suffer a slow, cold death. But Alas! I am here to make friends! No fighting, no War. We already have plenty of that."

Groot's emotions run from despair to anger to confusion. "I am Groot?" he asks. He looks around the bar, hopeful to find a raccoon or perhaps another translator who can understand what he says. "I am Groot," he says, cursing under his breath.
-- Ambassador Groot, Groot ambassador.

Herby
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herby » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 am

WA Kitty Kops wrote:The black cat jumped up on the car's hood. "Hey Rumbly Car. You still owes me a ride."

Ohhh yeah yeah yeah we'll ehhhh sorry Chief but I had to ditch the jets, they was ehhh quite a load to carry let's say and ehhhh quality control issues too. Jus' please don't ask what happened to my buddy number 32. Bleccccch. But ehhh I did get kinda sorta a replacement if ehhhh if you wanna go for a boat ride later if ya know what I mean, if that's your thing. Ehhh don't worry, promise you won't go swimmin', I'm fully boy-ant in the water. Or we could jus' go zippin' down the highway, I can still hit a hunnert easy without the jetpack. Whadayasay?

Groot wrote:"I am Groot!" Groot says, quite disturbed. He walks up to the Wanderer and waves a branch while shaking his head. "I am Groot," he hisses, then points to the giant bats and the talking car. "I am Groot, I am Groot," he explains. He then puts both forelimbs in the air, yelling, "I am Groot," then points to the Wanderer again. "I am Groot. I am Groot!" He wags a finger in the Wanderer's face, and says, very quietly, "I am Groot." Satisfied that he has told the Wanderer off, Groot returns to his stool, and mutters to himself, "I am Groot."

Ehhh the talkin' tree's got good point, I mean ehhhh unless you're just talkin' about just earth. 'Cuz yeah a shock wave's gotta take time to get from one side o' the universe to the restaurant on the other side o' the universe, right?

Groot wrote:Groot's emotions run from despair to anger to confusion. "I am Groot?" he asks. He looks around the bar, hopeful to find a raccoon or perhaps another translator who can understand what he says. "I am Groot," he says, cursing under his breath.

Sigh. Yeahhhh buddy I hear ya, I feel like sometimes nobody understands me either. Oh an' I'm really sorry that your buddy Rocket died, he was a good man ehhhh raccoon, but if you're lookin' for a translator might I suggest wait wait wait what? Ehhhhhhhh... what.. did... you say about a translator and more importantly, how much does it pay? My ehhhh my bar tab's startin' to get into the stratosphere if you know what I mean.
-- Ambassador #53. From the nation of Herby. But you can call me Herby.

Herby's doors and windows are ALWAYS locked when she's in the Strangers' Bar (unless she unlocks them for you). And, she has no accelerator, a mock steering wheel, and no gear shifter. So, no joyrides.

Groot
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Groot » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 am

Groot ponders the Beetle's proposal, and after a moment, he nods. He catches the bartender's attention and points to the car, then to himself. "I am Groot, I am Groot."

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:22 am

The Great Disparate wrote:*snip*

OOC: It's Cheeki Breeki. Expecting non-doom-and-gloom sanity from their RP is pretty much wasted effort.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Herby
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Herby » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:30 am

Groot wrote:Groot ponders the Beetle's proposal, and after a moment, he nods. He catches the bartender's attention and points to the car, then to himself. "I am Groot, I am Groot."

Sweet, thanks bub! Hey ehhhh you! Death whisperer! So tell me, ehhhh, two things, one, you say you're from the future, but what planet, are we talkin' Earth? 'Cuz not everyone here is from Earth, an' hellfire ain't gonna travel across the cosmos in a few minutes ya know. And two, ehhh Groot says that there are an infinite number of universes, including ones in which Volkswagens and giant bats don't talk. So ehhhh how do we know which of the infinite number of universes you come from? 'Cuz people who time travel generally have to ehhhh have to ehhhh have to inter ehhhhhhhhhh.....

Whovian Tardisia wrote:At least some of the crowd was familiar. In fact, she sensed a particularly good friend among them. As mischief ran through her systems, she emitted a clearly audible hum, not unlike that of a Volkwagen motor...

Ehhhhh... hang on Grooty, I ehhhhh I gotta go say hi to a friend be right back 'kay? 'Kay. YO! Tardissima! How you doin' my English muffin? Heh heh.

Herby's doors and windows are ALWAYS locked when she's in the Strangers' Bar (unless she unlocks them for you). And, she has no accelerator, a mock steering wheel, and no gear shifter. So, no joyrides.

Groot
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Groot » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:45 am

Groot nods as Herby makes each point, until:

Herby wrote:Ehhhhh... hang on Grooty, I ehhhhh I gotta go say hi to a friend be right back 'kay? 'Kay. YO! Tardissima! How you doin' my English muffin? Heh heh.

Groot face-twigs, and sadly shakes his head.

The Great Disparate
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Disparate » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:00 am

Herby wrote:
Sweet, thanks bub! Hey ehhhh you! Death whisperer! So tell me, ehhhh, two things, one, you say you're from the future, but what planet, are we talkin' Earth? 'Cuz not everyone here is from Earth, an' hellfire ain't gonna travel across the cosmos in a few minutes ya know. And two, ehhh Groot says that there are an infinite number of universes, including ones in which Volkswagens and giant bats don't talk. So ehhhh how do we know which of the infinite number of universes you come from? 'Cuz people who time travel generally have to ehhhh have to ehhhh have to inter ehhhhhhhhhh.....

"Death whisperer? Not preferred occupation. Earth? Yes. I suppose I should have been more specific when I spoke of who died. Space travel and Dimentional wormholing was lost many millennias ago. And those from space listed in the manifest have not returned to Earth since. I come from what I view is the normal Earth. The way things were meant to be. I hope one day we can spread our wings and travel off to dimensions and planets in our hopes of conquest like our forefathers."

Protector of the Arctic.

Whovian Tardisia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Whovian Tardisia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Herby wrote:
Whovian Tardisia wrote:At least some of the crowd was familiar. In fact, she sensed a particularly good friend among them. As mischief ran through her systems, she emitted a clearly audible hum, not unlike that of a Volkwagen motor...

Ehhhhh... hang on Grooty, I ehhhhh I gotta go say hi to a friend be right back 'kay? 'Kay. YO! Tardissima! How you doin' my English muffin? Heh heh.

Almost immediately after she'd captured #53's attention, the TARDIS' projector sputtered to life, displaying to the room what appeared to be a rather attractive young woman. She had pulled one of her favorites out of her memory bank, one of the Ambassador's university flings. She was rather short, but had stunning red hair, halfway down her back, and looked quite fetching in the simple black dress she had worn whilst travelling aboard. "I appreciate the gesture, Herby, but I'd rather not be referred to as breakfast food." She answered, her voice flowing like the sea under which she grew. "It has been quite some time since we spoke, hasn't it? From your perspective, I mean. One loses track of time when they travel through it." She paused, checking to ensure Ambassador Pink's return wasn't imminent. "Though I haven't done much of that lately, I suppose. It's hard to tell from here. It's very... What does he call it? Wibbly-wobbly on these grounds." She shuffled the projection's feet slightly, before looking back to the Volkswagen with a cunning sort of smirk. "Sorry, I got a bit sappy there. Not really your style, is it?" She pondered her options, before realizing her surroundings. "That's something... I wonder if I could get drunk?" She said, more to herself than to anyone.
An FT (Class W11) nation capable of space travel, but has never attempted invading another planet. The Space Brigade is for defense only! Also, something happened to Ambassador Pink.
From the desk of Rupert Pink:
The Grand Gallifreyan Republic of Whovian Tardisia
Floor 12, Office 42 of WAHQ
Proud patron of the World Assembly Stranger's Bar.
The Interstellar Cartographers are back! This time, they explore Methuselah.

WA Kitty Kops
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby WA Kitty Kops » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Whovian Tardisia wrote:*snip*

Realizing that someone was going to distract the Rumbly Car again from giving him the promised ride, the Chief Inshpekshuuner decided to go explore the annoying box thing - ignoring the fake images it was making. If he found his way inside, the same way he seemed to be able to get everywhere he wasn't supposed to, anyway, he thought that it would be worth the effort to find one of Pink's shoes to hork a hairball in.

And if entry was magically barred even to an inquisitive cat, there was always the option of peeing on the thing itself.

OOC: Your choice on whether he can get inside or not. I RP the cats as getting in and out of places they shouldn't, but can usually offer some believable-enough explanation on how they got there, so no actual magic involved.
The Head Inshpekshuuner looks like a dark grey kitten with yellow eyes and a small white patch on his chest, he's about 4-5 months old. He's much smarter than you could guess from the way he talks.
-- my main nation is Araraukar
NERVUN wrote:And my life flashed in front of my eyes while I did and I honestly expected my computer to explode after I entered the warning.

Herby
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Herby » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 am

Whovian Tardisia wrote:Almost immediately after she'd captured #53's attention, the TARDIS' projector sputtered to life, displaying to the room what appeared to be a rather attractive young woman. She had pulled one of her favorites out of her memory bank, one of the Ambassador's university flings. She was rather short, but had stunning red hair, halfway down her back, and looked quite fetching in the simple black dress she had worn whilst travelling aboard. "I appreciate the gesture, Herby, but I'd rather not be referred to as breakfast food."....

Oh. Ehhh sorry 'bout the English muffin thing see where I come from that's actually quite a compli wait wait wait a REDHEAD? Holy shit you're a redhead? A REDHEAD! No no no no no not a redhead, everyone, quick, it's a redhead, a redhead! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES IT'S A REDHEAD! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Herby, tires squealing, dodges bar patrons and zips out the door, then pokes his nose back in.

Pssst. Chief! Don't get too close to that thing, don't you know those freckly ghosts they got no souls? C'mon, quick! I'll give ya a ride!

Herby quickly backs out of the bar and squeals down the hallway.

OOC And the truth shall set you free. Signed, Herby -- a ginger IRL.

Windalorianan
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Windalorianan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:28 am

Alasse, entering the bar as the talking car tore out like a bat out of hell on a silver-black phantom bike, hastily side-steps out of the path of commotion. "One wonders how anybody gets anything done in a place so chaotic."

With an almost imperceptible shrug, she positions herself out of the path of the vengeance-and-pee-filled cat, so as to not interfere in kitty justice.

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Giant Bats wrote:"Then we will make you some gifts, Mohan, but it will take a little time," Ikiti said, and then moved back to the window and Iksana. She forgot to feign injury in the wing limb that Mohan had clawed. "Now, Iksana Tikilikrr, we need to fly up to the Roost, but as you lack wings, you can choose between hanging onto me on my back, or being carried in my claws. I would not hurt you, so don't be afraid."

Time was fine. Time was often the price of not just accepting whatever was on hand instead of what he needed, when making a sale. Mohan was perfectly understanding of this. He was slightly less understanding of why the giant bat had suddenly stopped limping, but after a moment he decided to assume that there was just probably some weird alien biology happening. Like natural painkillers or something. It was the polite thing to assume. Anyway, since he was no longer needed he was going to take Iksana up on his coffee offer and wander in the general direction of the ambassador's office. Exit stage left and all that.

Iksana approached Ikiti, considering his options. Being carried seemed slightly demeaning, but holding onto her back meant spines. He'd have to hold really still to avoid getting pricked. Eh, it meant he'd keep his pride. "I'll go on to your back," he finally said. "Where would be a good place for me to hold? Your shoulders?"
Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:08 pm

Windalorianan wrote:Alasse, entering the bar as the talking car tore out like a bat out of hell on a silver-black phantom bike, hastily side-steps out of the path of commotion. "One wonders how anybody gets anything done in a place so chaotic."

With an almost imperceptible shrug, she positions herself out of the path of the vengeance-and-pee-filled cat, so as to not interfere in kitty justice.

"Ah, you see this place is basically magic. You can be here, and in the debating halls at the same time. Be prepared to get used to this madness. Name's Deandra," Deandra replies (I suppose).

Groot
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Groot » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:17 am

The Great Disparate wrote:"Death whisperer? Not preferred occupation. Earth? Yes. I suppose I should have been more specific when I spoke of who died. Space travel and Dimentional wormholing was lost many millennias ago. And those from space listed in the manifest have not returned to Earth since. I come from what I view is the normal Earth. The way things were meant to be. I hope one day we can spread our wings and travel off to dimensions and planets in our hopes of conquest like our forefathers."

Groot nods and points out, "I am Groot." Unsure if he made the point, he looks to his new interpreter to help with the translation, but:

Herby wrote:Herby, tires squealing, dodges bar patrons and zips out the door,

Groot sighs, and returns to his stool, shaking his head.

Zandir Antari
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zandir Antari » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:28 am

Having already heard dozens of tales depicting experiences of other representatives upon entering the World Assembly Stranger' Bar, despite only having recently arrived to the World Assembly offices, the Zandirian Representative decided to make an appearance at the establishment, in hopes of winding down from a hard days work in a way that, perhaps, he had never considered before.

With a stature of approximately 130 centimetres, long, flowing brown hair, a very distinct set of eyes, one of black, the other blue, a suit of deep purple and a bellowing, deep voice that shook even the most intimidating Antari, he always had a way of catching the attention of the most unusual kind of company. Upon entering the bar, he realised that none of the tales he heard had been exaggerated in the slightest, to his utter surprise. He hid the fact well, however, with barely a flinch as he made his way to the centre of the room. Giving a glance from left to right, so as to take in the full nature of his surroundings, he let out a slight smirk.

He made his way to the bar, took the nearest empty seat he could find, and ordered a Khalua with milk. He then procured a book from the inner pocket of his suit jacket, a book just large enough that you might think would cause his suit jacket to protrude from his chest, though didn't appear to actually do so. Laying the book on the bar top, he then procured a pair of tattered reading glasses from the outer pocket on the left breast of his suit jacket. The glasses were obviously quite old, and in a state resemblant of disrepair, even with a small crack in the upper left of the right lens. By the time he had put the glasses on, the barman had returned with his drink, of which he took a small sip, and then proceeded to open the book to about two thirds of the way and began reading.
"Waste not, want not." ~ National Motto

The Great Disparate
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Disparate » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:14 am

Lord Dominator wrote:"Ah, you see this place is basically magic. You can be here, and in the debating halls at the same time. Be prepared to get used to this madness.

"Indeed, Currently I am Fighting a War upon the Siberian Shores attempting to reach the.... erm... Area.. of uh... It is just a curious area that we need. Nothing important there, nothing exciting.... heh... heh.... But anyway, I am not sure if My mind is here or what. Venezia's Manifest talked about this bar as unusual. Stranger than that Boat... I mean... not a boat a uh... You know... a.............Closet........... Yup that is what it is..... nothing important...."

Protector of the Arctic.

Allied Sapients
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Sapients » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Rirten wandered away from their conversational partner, intrigued by some of the bottles hanging behind the bar. They weren't going to drink anything (while there were spacesuits that could accept food and drink without exposing the wearer to a possibly hostile atmosphere or lack there off, none had yet been designed to fit Northerners), but it was still interesting to see all the different shapes and labels and colors. Especially since their homeland didn't have bottled drinks, or bottled anything really; glassblowing had been in its infancy when the jarans came along and uplifted them.

"What are those?" they asked the closest person. "And why do they all look so different?"
The Ambassador of the Confederacy of Allied Sapients is Lirn Jenht Olsh, who is definitely an alien of some sort.

A Tier 8, Type 8.5-ish civilization by this ranking. Has routine contact with a Tier 10, Type 7 civilization and may or may not be piggybacking on some of their tech.

Puppet of Essu Beti

Whovian Tardisia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Whovian Tardisia » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 pm

Herby wrote:
Whovian Tardisia wrote:*snip*

Oh. Ehhh sorry 'bout the English muffin thing see where I come from that's actually quite a compli wait wait wait a REDHEAD? Holy shit you're a redhead? A REDHEAD! No no no no no not a redhead, everyone, quick, it's a redhead, a redhead! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES IT'S A REDHEAD! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

"Herby, it's just-"

Herby wrote:Herby, tires squealing, dodges bar patrons and zips out the door, then pokes his nose back in.

Pssst. Chief! Don't get too close to that thing, don't you know those freckly ghosts they got no souls? C'mon, quick! I'll give ya a ride!

"Herby, you're being ridi-"

Herby wrote:Herby quickly backs out of the bar and squeals down the hallway.

"Discrimination. Of course. I should have expected it, given who designed those things." The TARDIS huffed. "Ditzy blonde it is then!" The projection fizzled, becoming the image of a taller blonde woman, with a bob cut and a very casual outfit. The voice, however, remained exactly the same. "The things I do for that car, honestly. He'll be back in his own due time, I'm sure."

Groot wrote:Groot nods and points out, "I am Groot." Unsure if he made the point, he looks to his new interpreter to help with the translation, but:

Herby wrote:Herby, tires squealing, dodges bar patrons and zips out the door,

Groot sighs, and returns to his stool, shaking his head.

"Quite profound, that. No wonder you got a job..." The TARDIS trailed off, startled. She hadn't heard that dialect much, and it was often hard to determine context, but she knew it. And knew that it was not a common thing to know. The projection of her grinned, turned to the tree creature, and extended her arm towards it. All but one of the patrons heard only three words come lilting through the air. "I am TARDIS." She said, grinning even wider.

I hope I got the concept of Groot's language right. This might get interesting.
An FT (Class W11) nation capable of space travel, but has never attempted invading another planet. The Space Brigade is for defense only! Also, something happened to Ambassador Pink.
From the desk of Rupert Pink:
The Grand Gallifreyan Republic of Whovian Tardisia
Floor 12, Office 42 of WAHQ
Proud patron of the World Assembly Stranger's Bar.
The Interstellar Cartographers are back! This time, they explore Methuselah.

Imperial Polk County
Envoy

Founded: Aug 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Polk County » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:04 am

Ambassador Drane, carrying a half-gallon mason jar, enters the room and takes a seat at the bar. "Bartender! A screwdriver, please." He peels away and pockets the label from the jar, and extracts a few bills of foreign money. "Hmmm. Any idea how much one of these is worth?"
-- Herbert Jackson Drane IV, WA Ambassador of the newly independent Imperial Polk County, Population 665,000. That "xxx million" population stat? It's most certainly a typo.

Groot
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Groot » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:36 am

Whovian Tardisia wrote:"Quite profound, that. No wonder you got a job..." The TARDIS trailed off, startled. She hadn't heard that dialect much, and it was often hard to determine context, but she knew it. And knew that it was not a common thing to know. The projection of her grinned, turned to the tree creature, and extended her arm towards it. All but one of the patrons heard only three words come lilting through the air. "I am TARDIS." She said, grinning even wider.

Groot tilts his head as he hears the words. "I am Groot?" he asks, as he approaches the projection near the phone box. He reaches out a branch, wondering if he could sense the touch of the projection, or if it was a mere projection of light. "I am Groot," he says, introducing himself.

States of Glory WA Office
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Groot wrote:
Whovian Tardisia wrote:"Quite profound, that. No wonder you got a job..." The TARDIS trailed off, startled. She hadn't heard that dialect much, and it was often hard to determine context, but she knew it. And knew that it was not a common thing to know. The projection of her grinned, turned to the tree creature, and extended her arm towards it. All but one of the patrons heard only three words come lilting through the air. "I am TARDIS." She said, grinning even wider.

Groot tilts his head as he hears the words. "I am Groot?" he asks, as he approaches the projection near the phone box. He reaches out a branch, wondering if he could sense the touch of the projection, or if it was a mere projection of light. "I am Groot," he says, introducing himself.

OK, I hate to be a spoilsport, but as entertaining as I find this nation, it's worth noting that the Universal TranslatorsTM would translate Groot's dialogue into something more understandable, so unless he is literally saying 'I am Groot' over and over again, this shouldn't be possible.
Ambassador: Neville Lynn Robert
Assistant: Harold "The Clown" Johnson
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly