NATION

PASSWORD

The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thyerata
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thyerata » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Marzicon wrote:
Jonathan just manages to understand what Ali says. "Jonathan Greene. Nice to meet you." Jonathan's ARP plods over and looks at the new arrival, chirping briefly.

Ali-G: Hey Johnathan issa pleasure to meet u. Is u a delehgayte o sumthin?

Matthew notices the ambassador for Morzicon, who seems to be speaking a foreign language. After fiddling with his translation induction loop, he still can't understand the ambassador. Eventually he switches the loop off. Now, blissfully, he can't hear the ambassador's incomprehensible babbling at all
From the Desk of the Honourable Matthew Merriweather Ph.D. (Law, 2040) LLM Public and International Law, 2036) LLB Law (2035) (all from Thyerata State University)
Thytian Ambassador to the World Assembly and Security Council

I'm a gay man with an LLM, mild Asperger syndrome and only one functioning eye. My IC posts may reflect this, so please be aware

Whovian Tardisia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Whovian Tardisia » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:39 pm

The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper wrote:
Whovian Tardisia wrote:"Wad Ari, fabulous he, Ari Alaz!" He exclaimed, to a tune that caused a crack in one of the walls to widen slightly. "It's been ages, good sir! What have you been up to in that GRRRRRRREAT outfit?"

ARI: Ah. Pink. What have we been up to? Isn't it obvious?

AHUME: Karaoke.

ARI: Yes, we've just advanced to the IKL finals for the third season in a row. But, erm. Preparing for the finals will be a challenge, of course. If our presence is required here then surely our practice time would be sev-- (Wad Ahume nudges him and speaks in his ear. Ari's eyes open wide and he looks around the bar.) Erm. Say, Pink, do think... erm... is your little, erm, your little time-traveling contraption available, perhaps even for rent?

Pink leans in to Wad Ari's ear, and replies: "You two couldn't hope to fly it yourselves. But if it gets to crunch time and you need more practice..." He directs his screwdriver at both Wad's pockets, and their communication devices buzz. "Let me know."
An FT (Class W11) nation capable of space travel, but has never attempted invading another planet. The Space Brigade is for defense only! Also, something happened to Ambassador Pink.
From the desk of Rupert Pink:
The Grand Gallifreyan Republic of Whovian Tardisia
Floor 12, Office 42 of WAHQ
Proud patron of the World Assembly Stranger's Bar.
The Interstellar Cartographers are back! This time, they explore Methuselah.

Marzicon
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Marzicon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Glaeschland wrote:"Yes. I'm also the ambassador for Glaeschland."

Ali-G: Ight man. Youz seem like a cool geezah. How's Glaeschland doin deez dayz? Ma mum is frum therr. She tell me dat deys a lot of dem weeed smokahs. Not sayin' dats a bad ting o wahtevah, but i'z wanna know cuz I too enjoy summa dat dank, ya feel me?
Last edited by Marzicon on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glaeschland
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Glaeschland » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Marzicon wrote:
Glaeschland wrote:"Yes. I'm also the ambassador for Glaeschland."

Ali-G: Ight man. Youz seem like a cool geezah. How's Glaeschland doin deez dayz? Ma mum is frum therr. She tell me dat deys a lot of dem weeed smokahs. Not sayin' dats a bad ting o wahtevah, but i'z wanna know cuz I too enjoy summa dat dank, ya feel me?

"Our economy is absolutely thriving, our citizens enjoy a relatively unimpeded personal life, and our political freedom is rather high, too. We also have the biggest army we've ever had! But our nation is not big on recreational drug usage. Yes, we've had a sharp spike in usage recently, but we aren't fond of any kind of drugs. And at the very least, we don't advocate drug usage a bit. So your mother must be mistaken (no offense) about the 'weeed smokahs'."

"I almost forgot about our nation's environmental state. It's rather poor, unfortunately..."
Last edited by Glaeschland on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WA Kitty Kops wrote:"Okay, what's your tubehead dog doing? I's not gonna let it sniff my butt." - Chief Inshpekshuuner

Marzicon
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marzicon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Glaeschland wrote:"Our economy is absolutely thriving, our citizens enjoy a relatively unimpeded personal life, and our political freedom is rather high, too. We also have the biggest army we've ever had! But our nation is not big on recreational drug usage. Yes, we've had a sharp spike in usage recently, but we aren't fond of any kind of drugs. And at the very least, we don't advocate drug usage a bit. So your mother must be mistaken (no offense) about the 'weeed smokahs'."

Ali-G: Ay man, youz seem like a polished individual o wahtevah. Why iz you not up derr, in the room above? Dats where my brovah Thomas iz in right now. He doin' all dat diplomatic stuff, dawg. *aggressively gulps down the last pint of Jack Daniels*

*asks the bartender for another Jack Daniels*

Ali-G: Ey, bartender. Can I get me one of deez bottles of da Jack Daniels? Iz thirsty, my man.

Bartender: I'm terribly sorry, sir. We don't sell whole bottles here. Shot?

Ali-G: Eh, whatevah man. I'll get 12, please.

Bartender: Would you like that in a big cup?

Ali-G: akshully, imma ask if me friend here from Glaeschland wantz one.

Ali-G: *Directing back at Johnathan* ey man, want one?

Glaeschland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glaeschland » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Marzicon wrote:
Glaeschland wrote:"Our economy is absolutely thriving, our citizens enjoy a relatively unimpeded personal life, and our political freedom is rather high, too. We also have the biggest army we've ever had! But our nation is not big on recreational drug usage. Yes, we've had a sharp spike in usage recently, but we aren't fond of any kind of drugs. And at the very least, we don't advocate drug usage a bit. So your mother must be mistaken (no offense) about the 'weeed smokahs'."

Ali-G: Ay man, youz seem like a polished individual o wahtevah. Why iz you not up derr, in the room above? Dats where my brovah Thomas iz in right now. He doin' all dat diplomatic stuff, dawg. *aggressively gulps down the last pint of Jack Daniels*

*asks the bartender for another Jack Daniels*

Ali-G: Ey, bartender. Can I get me one of deez bottles of da Jack Daniels? Iz thirsty, my man.

Bartender: I'm terribly sorry, sir. We don't sell whole bottles here. Shot?

Ali-G: Eh, whatevah man. I'll get 12, please.

Bartender: Would you like that in a big cup?

Ali-G: akshully, imma ask if me friend here from Glaeschland wantz one.

Ali-G: *Directing back at Johnathan* ey man, want one?

"I'm good right now. And..." (to the bartender) "I thought every drink in any universe was sold here? You SHOULD be able to buy whole bottles...right?"
WA Kitty Kops wrote:"Okay, what's your tubehead dog doing? I's not gonna let it sniff my butt." - Chief Inshpekshuuner

Covenstone
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Covenstone » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Al wanders back in, sits down at the bar, and almost at once falls asleep.
CP A Winters, Queen of The Witches. ("I suffer from an overwhelming surplus of diggity.")

"Every time the Goddess closes a door, she opens a window.
Which is why the Goddess is NEVER allowed in a spaceship."

States of Glory WA Office
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Kitzerland wrote:"Fairburn, what sort of herbicide did you buy, and why is it orange and slushy?"

Fairburn: Didn't you hear me the first time, cat? It's the strongest herbicide within a two-metre radius! If you're that bad at listening then perhaps I can "re-accommodate" you...

Harold: Isn't that animal abuse?

Fairburn: So? There is currently no ban on animal abuse. Lord Colonel His Grace Cyril Parsons, 1st Duke of Geneva, 1st Earl Parsons of Eastminster, 8th Viscount Parsons of Eastminster, 1st Baron Markenshire of Concilium, Knight of the Garter, Grand Cross of St Michael and St George, Privy Councillor, Member of Parliament for Those-Across-the-Seas; Proconsul Decimus; Permanent Representative to the World Assembly always sees to it personally that such a resolution never passes and that if it does pass, it gets repealed as soon as possible.
Ambassador: Neville Lynn Robert
Assistant: Harold "The Clown" Johnson
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain

Marzicon
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marzicon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Glaeschland wrote:"I'm good right now. And..." (to the bartender) "I thought every drink in any universe was sold here? You SHOULD be able to buy whole bottles...right?"

Bartender: Do you really want me to sell a whole 'nother bottle to that sorry sack? (pointing to Ali-G half slumped over the table, a pool of whiskey accumulating under his chin)

Ali-G: (waking up from his mid-morning slumber) Ey man, da geezah's right. Waht's dat all about? Can I get me one bottle? I'll pay ya extrah Mints if ya wish.

Then suddenly, Thomas Mines enters the bar

Mines: Alistair, what in the hell are you doing here? I thought we were here for a diplomatic mission, not to drink! (looking over at Johnathan) Oh. My apologies. My name is Thomas Mines. How are you? Was Ali giving you a hard time? I'm terribly sorry for that.

Glaeschland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glaeschland » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:30 am

Marzicon wrote:
Glaeschland wrote:"I'm good right now. And..." (to the bartender) "I thought every drink in any universe was sold here? You SHOULD be able to buy whole bottles...right?"

Bartender: Do you really want me to sell a whole 'nother bottle to that sorry sack? (pointing to Ali-G half slumped over the table, a pool of whiskey accumulating under his chin)

Ali-G: (waking up from his mid-morning slumber) Ey man, da geezah's right. Waht's dat all about? Can I get me one bottle? I'll pay ya extrah Mints if ya wish.

Then suddenly, Thomas Mines enters the bar

Mines: Alistair, what in the hell are you doing here? I thought we were here for a diplomatic mission, not to drink! (looking over at Johnathan) Oh. My apologies. My name is Thomas Mines. How are you? Was Ali giving you a hard time? I'm terribly sorry for that.

"It's quite alright. He usually a troublemaker?" Jonathan grins.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:50 am

States of Glory WA Office wrote:
Kitzerland wrote:"Fairburn, what sort of herbicide did you buy, and why is it orange and slushy?"

Fairburn: Didn't you hear me the first time, cat? It's the strongest herbicide within a two-metre radius! If you're that bad at listening then perhaps I can "re-accommodate" you...

Harold: Isn't that animal abuse?

Fairburn: So? There is currently no ban on animal abuse. Lord Colonel His Grace Cyril Parsons, 1st Duke of Geneva, 1st Earl Parsons of Eastminster, 8th Viscount Parsons of Eastminster, 1st Baron Markenshire of Concilium, Knight of the Garter, Grand Cross of St Michael and St George, Privy Councillor, Member of Parliament for Those-Across-the-Seas; Proconsul Decimus; Permanent Representative to the World Assembly always sees to it personally that such a resolution never passes and that if it does pass, it gets repealed as soon as possible.

"And what do you need such a strong herbicide for, might I ask?" Deedee says as she walks over to Fairburn and the talking cat.
"And who the grop is the ambassador with that ridiculously long title?"

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:19 am

Covenstone wrote:Al wanders back in, sits down at the bar, and almost at once falls asleep.

Whiskers plods over to the bar, noticing the unconscious Al, and pokes her. "Hello? Are you all right? Most of the ambassadors don't fall asleep until they're done drinking."
terrible takes plz ignore

Glaeschland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glaeschland » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:25 am

Jonathan props his head up with his right hand, looking a bit bored. His ARP plods back to its spot beside his seat. "Boy, I hope Gunther's leader accepts the proposal of a research agreement. This could further revolutionize and strengthen our forces...maybe someday, Glaeschland can have the biggest, fiercest army in the world..." He smiles at the thought.

WA Kitty Kops
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby WA Kitty Kops » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:38 am

The New European Order wrote:
Valorem wrote:Why does a GA resolution have a recipe for an orange julius?

OOC: I dunno, mate. The Resolution says this

"Three oranges, peeled and de-veined,

Two hundred and fifty milliliters of milk or coconut milk,

One egg plus two egg yolks (from chickens),

Five milliliters of vanilla extract,

Thirty milliliters of raw honey (preferably from Terran bees), and

Three hundred and seventy-five millileters of ice,
despite the obvious benefits of including these and an electric blender at public meetings,

Shocked at the target's failure to combine everything except oranges and ice in a blender and mixing for about twenty seconds to create a frothy cream, before adding the oranges and blending for another twenty seconds or until smooth; and at last adding the ice and blending for another twenty seconds,"

OOC: The target resolution was so hated that basically anything added to the repeals clause would still have let it pass, and the recipe is proof of that. Orange Julius also became an instant GA meme, even before the repeal passed. At least that's the official story and I'm sticking to it. No bribing at all was involved.

The Chief Inshpekshuuner hopped onto a table near Smith. "Why's Ferburn messing around so much? He's just got to smell them. I cans tell the dif'rence from here, and he's half a room away."

OOC: Have you yet decided if your ambassador is a bipedal furry or a cat-shaped cat?

Marzicon wrote:*snip*

OOC: Please don't assign Neville the bartender spoken lines. He's a player character owned by one of the mods (if memory serves). Use one of his assistants instead - I think one of them is named Jimmy.

And the Bar does indeed have every drink in the universe, but some may be so expensive that you can't afford a whole bottle...
:P
The Head Inshpekshuuner looks like a dark grey kitten with yellow eyes and a small white patch on his chest, he's about 4-5 months old. He's much smarter than you could guess from the way he talks.
-- my main nation is Araraukar
NERVUN wrote:And my life flashed in front of my eyes while I did and I honestly expected my computer to explode after I entered the warning.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:42 am

Lauren was sitting at the table where the two "drinks" were, bored out of her mind.
"Harold, we're still waiting for a pie. Also is someone going to test the drinks or do I have to do everything myself?"
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:12 am

It has been another long, or maybe short, break since Furettium had stepped into the Strangers' Bar, there was more resolutions to read over and naps to be had. The routine had been set in stone for a while now, just watching, always watching as progress marched forever onward. Coming back to the relaxation and only place that he ever seemed to have made his presence known, it was stranger than ever now, just like when he first arrived. No, he could not say that literally, there was still some familiar scents, and a lot more knowledge that if there is strange, it could have been stranger, and could get weirder too. The one thing he had wondered if he had missed Alethea when looking around, the other ambassador that rarely showed up to this part of sometimes representation within the WA. But life grows on, drink milk and grow on with it.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:18 am

Ferret Civilization wrote:It has been another long, or maybe short, break since Furettium had stepped into the Strangers' Bar, there was more resolutions to read over and naps to be had. The routine had been set in stone for a while now, just watching, always watching as progress marched forever onward. Coming back to the relaxation and only place that he ever seemed to have made his presence known, it was stranger than ever now, just like when he first arrived. No, he could not say that literally, there was still some familiar scents, and a lot more knowledge that if there is strange, it could have been stranger, and could get weirder too. The one thing he had wondered if he had missed Alethea when looking around, the other ambassador that rarely showed up to this part of sometimes representation within the WA. But life grows on, drink milk and grow on with it.

Alethea - long gone from the Strangers' Bar - mysteriously appears behind Furettium, and tapped the furry one.

She hasn't been back for a while and decided to pop in - only to notice Furettium around, and the Wads as well. Alethea wondered out loud - would Furettium mind having another glass of milk?
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:38 am

Elke and Elba wrote:Alethea - long gone from the Strangers' Bar - mysteriously appears behind Furettium, and tapped the furry one.

She hasn't been back for a while and decided to pop in - only to notice Furettium around, and the Wads as well. Alethea wondered out loud - would Furettium mind having another glass of milk?

Furettium was, after a brief surprise of being sneaked up on, filled with a whole long more joy then he had been experiencing for a while. Greeting Alethea with what could pass as a friendly hug, "Sure is nice to see you Alethea, maybe be more pleasant of a time to share another drink. Catch up again, how have you been doing?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Marzicon
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marzicon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 am

Glaeschland wrote:"It's quite alright. He usually a troublemaker?" Jonathan grins.

Thomas: Yes, unfortunately. He's John Marzicon's cousin. His mother made him do this job, since he got kicked from the law firm back in Seneca.

Ali-G: Ay man, why iz u tellin' dis bloke waht iz 'appenin' in 'ere?

Thomas: I'm terribly sorry for this. *checks watch* Crap. I got a meeting in ten minutes. Alistair, stay here. I'll be back in a few hours.

(now addressing Johnathan) I see you're the Glaeschland ambassador. I've been working overtime on this resolution, the Act for Protection of Miners, or something like that. Mind taking a look at it?

Glaeschland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glaeschland » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 am

Marzicon wrote:
Glaeschland wrote:"It's quite alright. He usually a troublemaker?" Jonathan grins.

Thomas: Yes, unfortunately. He's John Marzicon's cousin. His mother made him do this job, since he got kicked from the law firm back in Seneca.

Ali-G: Ay man, why iz u tellin' dis bloke waht iz 'appenin' in 'ere?

Thomas: I'm terribly sorry for this. *checks watch* Crap. I got a meeting in ten minutes. Alistair, stay here. I'll be back in a few hours.

(now addressing Johnathan) I see you're the Glaeschland ambassador. I've been working overtime on this resolution, the Act for Protection of Miners, or something like that. Mind taking a look at it?

"Sure."

Marzicon
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marzicon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:05 am

Glaeschland wrote:"Sure."

Thomas: Alright. Hey, I have to go. I'm meeting with the Secretariat in ten minutes. Ali, don't touch anything.

Ali-G: Right-o. Me and me pal Jonnathon is juss gonna sit 'ere and wait.

Thomas: Good lord. I have to go *rushes off back into the Conference hall*

Switzo-Polish Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Switzo-Polish Republic » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:05 am

Jim Helger, the Switzo-Polish VP, walks I and hits the nearest person, looking quite drunk.
1 - Life Ending War
2 - Major/World/Universal War
3 - Switzo-Polish Forces Deployed
4 - Tension Risen, Switzo-Polish Defense Forces on Alert
5 - Peacetime<--
Political Score:
Economic Left/Right: -2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31
The Batavia wrote:I don't like sand.

Founding-Member of Nationstates Air Transport Association

Lesser Switzo-Poland and me are the same person.
Please, call me Switzo.

Marzicon
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marzicon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:08 am

Switzo-Polish Republic wrote:Jim Helger, the Switzo-Polish VP, walks I and hits the nearest person, looking quite drunk.

Ali-G: Ayyy man. Watch wherr youz goin' dawg!

Switzo-Polish Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Switzo-Polish Republic » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:07 am

Helger: SCREW YOU!
1 - Life Ending War
2 - Major/World/Universal War
3 - Switzo-Polish Forces Deployed
4 - Tension Risen, Switzo-Polish Defense Forces on Alert
5 - Peacetime<--
Political Score:
Economic Left/Right: -2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31
The Batavia wrote:I don't like sand.

Founding-Member of Nationstates Air Transport Association

Lesser Switzo-Poland and me are the same person.
Please, call me Switzo.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:08 am

Switzo-Polish Republic wrote:Helger: SCREW YOU!

"...This guy could be a problem."
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly