NATION

PASSWORD

Proposal: WA Special Envoy Act.

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Noordeinde
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Proposal: WA Special Envoy Act.

Postby Noordeinde » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:33 am

The World Assembly;

Realising that a lot of conflicts are going on right on this moment;

Noting that a lot of information out of these conflict areas is speaking against eachother;

Realising that the World Assembly can't make any decisions or judgements about commendations and condemnations, due the fact that information is speaking against eachother;

Realising that having a representative of the World Assembly to the "conflict area" will be better due the fact that we will have our own trustable source of information;

Further Noting that the World Assembly will have it's own source of trustable information in the "conflict area", which will improve decisions and judgements of the WA;

Therefore;

The World Assembly will establish a special institution at the WA which will send "Special Envoys" to conflict areas to monitor the situation and to provide the World Assembly trustsble and reliable information.

The "Special Envoys" will be selected on merit and for their years of loyal service at the World Assembly.
I'm gay, for gay rights, and I don't care what you think, its my life. If you support gay rights put this in your signature.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Proposal: WA Special Envoy Act.

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:40 am

I'm confused, what exactly is the point of this proposal (which I note that you've already submitted even though it's not ready for prime time yet)? Furthermore, what does this do besides create a committee?

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Absolvability
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Absolvability » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:41 am

-rubs his eyes.- It seems as though this proposal does nothing more than create a committee. It is illegal.

OOC: On a side-note, Noordeinde, I think you should consider that trying to grant WA the power to perform certain actions isn't really a good idea. Its powers have long-since been laid out, and we really CAN'T add to them. Which is the point I want to make ASSUMING that you actually believe this would effect anything. But realize that all WA committee's are staffed by mystical beings. We will not actually recieve any information from these envoys.

If you're simply trying to create some billboard... y'know, to give the WA a little more RP credibility, a few more realistic intricacies, I can appreciate that. But in order to be legal the proposal must mandate something. It must make something a law. It can't just create an activity or a committee.
Antonius Veloci
Ambassador of The Event Horizon of Absolvability

Ruana
Secretary

Founded: Jul 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruana » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Special Envoy is the same as the Goodwill Proposal.
There should not be any legislation for this at all, as it is up to the each and every nation to be either be a good samaritan or not.
House of Akia
Foreign Minister for C.O.R,
Adopted daughter of His & Her Majesty King Loki & Queen Isis,
5th in line to the throne of LokiIisis,
27th in line to the throne of The Empire of Aeto

FROM THE ASHES WE WILL REBUILD AND BE REBORN

Morlago
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morlago » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:10 pm

I dont understand what is the point of making this committee. The main idea, as I interpret it, is to make "special envoys" to provide reliable information for the WA in areas of conflict. However, what can the "envoys" do to the conflict? With the information given to the WA, what will (or can) the Assembly do? The WA must remain neutral as a whole.
Last edited by Morlago on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Angelo Gervoski
Minister of WA Affairs of
The United Islands of Morlago
Yë Morre Waidamün i Mórlago

DEFCON: 1 2 (Low) 3 4 5 6

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33
Graph
Center-left social moderate.
Left: 2.2, Libertarian: 0.75
Foreign Policy: -6.11 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture: -6.31 (Cultural liberal)

Return to General Assembly