NATION

PASSWORD

PROPOSAL: The School Degenderizing Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:51 pm

Amerieka wrote:yes, we really need that. without it, all the gender discrimination will continue, but if we educate everyone young we will treat everyone with respect and equally.

OOC: Howabout, instead, we just teach everyone that discrimination is wrong and that people can be different from you, without it making them any worse or better? You know, the sane way?

And before you rant much on gender being an issue, I'd like to point out that I'm transgender, in the actual RL, and am very very well aware of the issues. Trying to delete all mentions of she/he from text books is not the way to deal with bullying and discrimination. (I would support a-gendered toilets, though, as long as people with penises could be made to pee sitting down.)

Additionally, what the hell does "Gender studies as a liberal arts subject" mean? As in, what is "liberal arts"? And if it's actually art, what do gender studies have to do with it? And what is even meant by "gender studies"?

Asking OOCly, because ICly, with Araraukar basically using Finnish as a language, the she/he problem doesn't exist (no gendered pronouns), anti-bullying and anti-discrimination measures are taught to kids from kindergarten onwards, and thus much of this wouldn't make sense.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Central Asian Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Central Asian Republics » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:52 am

Amerieka wrote:In light of what had transpired all around the world since my first proposal here, I think it's time for me to revisit this.

You seem insistent that circumstances have changed to make this proposal a necessity, yet you have not added a single bit of substance to your proposal at all.

Amerieka wrote:All school toilets have no gender identification.

Though I don't see how this is an issue in schools, segregating toilets based on gender would make sure that boundaries for what is and isn't acceptable are set for later in life.

Amerieka wrote:Schools that have uniforms abolish the need for standardized uniforms which has conventionally been gender-differentiated.

School uniforms are made for students to look smart and reduce tardiness, it has nothing to do with segregation or discrimination, removing uniforms will not change what they want to wear either as there will always be a difference in taste. Why don't you write up a separate school uniform proposal rather than subtly inserting this clause in an unrelated proposal.

Amerieka wrote:Gender is no longer a required category in all forms and documents relating to the student (or prospective students)

Names also indicate gender, would you like to remove that too?

Amerieka wrote:Gender studies as a liberal arts subject be taught in secondary/high schools (or its equivalent).

And who do you suppose will teach that subject? Your cronies who just happens to be educated in gender studies and couldn't find a job elsewhere? We already have a shortage of teachers in academic subjects, making them teach a useless subject with no practical use outside of further indoctrination in gender studies will only worsen the problem.

Amerieka wrote:All science based subjects remove the use of he/she, or other gender specific identifications, be removed with it.

Even when addressing the authors of scientific journals and historical figures who have made great contributions in the sciences?

Your proposal is an utter joke, and you should think carefully before submitting such an abomination, lest the delegates actually let this one through.
Last edited by Central Asian Republics on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
This piece of text is here to grab your attention. Thank you for your attention.

Fecaw
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fecaw » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:15 am

Why is forcing political correctness and form-filling protocols an international issue that cannot be solved by national governments or even school administrations?

Previous

Return to General Assembly