NATION

PASSWORD

World Lunar Colonization Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Carnoly
Secretary

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

World Lunar Colonization Act

Postby Carnoly » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:33 pm

REALIZING the advancement of technology, therefor allowing us to go to more distant places in the galaxy.

HELPING discover many new substances that could prove subsequential to finding cures to diseases. And discover more galaxies far beyond ours.

DEPLOYING a lunar camera from the landing base on the moon.

FUNDED by the World Assembly .

BUILDING a base on the moon to shelter members from WA nations.

PROPOSING that a base with an air bubble is built on the moon, and that every WA member sends 2 reps to live there.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Carnoly wrote:REALIZING the advancement of technology, therefor allowing us to go to more distant places in the galaxy.

HELPING discover many new substances that could prove subsequential to finding cures to diseases. And discover more galaxies far beyond ours.

DEPLOYING a lunar camera from the landing base on the moon.

FUNDED by the World Assembly .

BUILDING a base on the moon to shelter members from WA nations.

PROPOSING that a base with an air bubble is built on the moon, and that every WA member sends 2 reps to live there.

Illegal for meta gaming and quite vauge.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Rutianas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutianas » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Exactly what benefit is this to us? Of the three moons around our capital planet, two are already terraformed and colonised. The third is, unfortunately, unable to be terraformed and colonised.

Perhaps I should point out that not every WA nation lives on the same planet?

Paula Jenner, Rutianas Ambassador

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:51 pm

I believe this can be safely ignored. The proposer has made 2 posts, one here, and one proposing the "gas guzzler" nonsense.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:53 pm

I have to wonder what the nations already on The Moon think about this idea.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Cerantia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Carnoly wrote:DEPLOYING a lunar camera from the landing base on the moon.

Cerce Tentones, from the safety of his bomb shelter at an undisclosed location, over the radio in the WA conference room;

Again, I apologize for not being able to make it - some... complications have aroused that have not permitted me to get here.

Well, firstly, concerning the quote you made earlier (OOC: Up above), are you already deploying a lunar camera withought authorization from the WA concerning a WA matter? Am I correct in my presumption that this is illegal?

Also, some countries, such as my own, lack the funding and/or technology to even create unmanned spacecraft - would these countries' representatives be moved to said lunar base at the cost of the WA, or at the cost of the country (or countries) it(them)self?

Should these probable problems be rectified, you have Cerantia's full backing - given that Cerantia does not have to empty it's almost depleted treasury.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Flibbleites wrote:I have to wonder what the nations already on The Moon think about this idea.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

I always thought that place had been destroyed.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Flibbleites wrote:I have to wonder what the nations already on The Moon think about this idea.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Crap, the author must be mistaking the old Cluichistani Death Star for a moon.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Crap, the author must be mistaking the old Cluichistani Death Star for a moon.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Stephanie tried to resist making the obvious joke. Tried, and failed.

"That's no moon..."
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:55 pm

The UnDelegate, back from a short vacation to one of the Dominations colonies near V838 Mons just chuckled. "Some people are just so behind."
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -Lynn M. Osband

"We're not so blase, not so willing to accept that we're safe and we can let someone do our security for us. We're not going to sit there and wait for somebody else to do it because if you wait, it might be too late." Jennifer Allen re: Northwest Airlines Flight 253 - quoted for the Win!

Cerantia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Tanaara wrote:The UnDelegate, back from a short vacation to one of the Dominations colonies near V838 Mons just chuckled. "Some people are just so behind."

Again, Cerce Tentones over the radio:

I hear that...

*chuckles allong with the UnDelegate*

God, we need a bigger science fund...

Nouvelle Rhodes
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouvelle Rhodes » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:15 am

Nouvelle Rhodes' WA Delegate woke up, wiped the saliva off of the side of his cheek, and pushed his frames towards his face.
"The Kingdom of Nouvelle Rhodes currently does not have the technology to colonize the moon, nor would we be willing to send delegates to the moon. And who, exactly, would fund the venture? Funded by the World Assembly is extremely vague. Our nation is against this bill."

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:17 am

Depends on which moon we're talking about...

If it's this one, I'm hungry.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:11 am

Honoured ambassador to Carnoly, which moon in our solar system are you referring to? To be honest we deliberately chose not to colonise our moons because of environment reasons: such a draft is going to cause extraordinary damage to the relatively untouched environment, so therefore we cannot support this draft.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly