NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control Test

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Suckeryou
Envoy

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Suckeryou » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Malikov wrote:
Liberal Mexicans wrote:Gun Obtaining Process
Gun Control- Tighten

Recognizing the fact that guns endanger the life of most if not all people.
Therefore by the power of the World Assembly all peoples wishing to own a gun must:
1. Solicit a fire arm from your countries minister of public safety.
2. Once received the letter of approval from minister, you must present this letter to gun shop and request model and type.
3. Before accepting gun must wait three-weeks during which citizen will take mental sanity test and receive certificate of sanity from county judge.
4. Once all steps are completed, citizen must show both certificate of mental sanity and approval from minister of public safety to receive ordered gun.
Only by following each step in said order, will a firearm be obtained legally.
By tightening gun regulation, crime rates would go down and because of the process stated here, guns will be harder to obtain. Therefore making the world safer and morally correct.

PLEASE CORRECT AND EDIT

Mental Stability Test
Gun Control- Tighten

Recognizing that a firearm of deadly capabilities in the wrong hands can be a threat to society as a whole.

When a fire-arm is purchased the citizen must swear on an oath that this gun will not harm, friend of country or person but only foe of country or used in self defense.

Definition of Self Defense in definition being in protection of ones self when killing is the only option.

Demanding that all governments should issue a mental stability and sanity test to all those who are interested in purchasing a firearms

The test would consist of both personality and morality test.

Questions will vary according to nation but for a fire-arm or even ammunition larger than .30 caliber

The United Peoples have edited the material provided by the Liberal Mexican ambassador, as requested by the Liberal Mexican's. The United Peoples reccommend removing any material with a strike through it, and reinforcing concepts that we have highlited (If there are any, I can't remember). Have a nice day.

We the corrupt or otherwise competent members of the House, Outhouse, Senate and whatever of the Nation of Suckeryou, Second the motion.
Capitalism is just Darwinism with money.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Suckeryou wrote: Congratulations for being the latest nomination of the John Kerry/Dianne Feinstein award for incompetence in Gun Control Writing.

Nicely put. :p
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am

Ainocra wrote:Ambassador

I agree with you that the right of free speech is indeed sacrosact however
I stand firm in my position that this resolution should it be passed in its current form is a direct threat to our nation's security.

In the face of such threats I am sworn to act to defend our people.

These are not threats mr ambassador, merely unfortunate truths.

ImageAhhhh, the cute ickle baby nation wants to invade.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:19 am

They are so cute at that age aren't they.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:03 am

I suppose that should they choose to invade nations 10 or 20 times their size and commit national suicide, that is up to them. It might prove a welcome change for our troops, though, having live targets instead of the plywood cutouts they currently use on the range. Don't want the men getting dulled, now do we? Seriously, though, Brikkel told me that there would be little nations like this who think they are the alpha banty rooster and really are nothing more than perhaps the alpha chickadee.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:12 am

ooc et all

ROFLMAO

that is priceless

in a strictly ooc sense I am sick of gun control nuts they irritate me.
I have a concealed carry permit and generally carry a gun with me everywhere. my kids (13,15, and 16) have never shot anyone.
I have educated them about the dangers of firearms from the time they could walk and talk.

Had they actually ever shot anyone you know who would be at fault?

ME for not teaching them better.

Society would not be to blame in the least.

Again had they actually shot someone would it make sense to curtail your rights involving firearms when clearly I would be the one at fault?

Hell no, deal with those at fault in this scenario.

-----------------

This ooc Rant has been brought to you by a ravening band of Cuthulus!

-------------

Now I am IC again

---------------

*The ambassador is passed out in a drunken heap near his desk snoring lightly*
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Nordicus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordicus » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:47 am

OOC: I agree with Ainocra about where the responsibility lies when a kid shoots somebody. I don't have a problem with a simple mental stability test for gun ownership (I don't think the crazies need to be running around with firearms), so long as it limits itself to actual medically-recognized mental health disorders that would make the individual unsafe as a firearms holder, e.g., schizophrenia. This proposal, however, goes too far with the requirements it sets.
Note: I am an atheist. If I say something supportive of a religion, it's because I try to be fair and even-handed, not because I am a follower of that religion.
H N Fiddlebottoms VIII wrote:Engineers hate biology, because it has very few right angles. Everything is all curves and bumps and the only penis-shaped items are actual penises.

Dregruk wrote:
Kma2 wrote:How else could it be that they are so uneducated regarding what is going on in America.

Same as anyone else; I slaughter gibbons and frolic in their blood. Or just, y'know, disagree with you.

Tsaraine wrote:Somewhere in Philadelphia, one school administrator has just smacked another school administrator upside the head. "Damnit, Jenkins! I told you we should just have gone with chastity belts!"

Biblical Creation

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:15 pm

Nordicus wrote:OOC: I agree with Ainocra about where the responsibility lies when a kid shoots somebody. I don't have a problem with a simple mental stability test for gun ownership (I don't think the crazies need to be running around with firearms), so long as it limits itself to actual medically-recognized mental health disorders that would make the individual unsafe as a firearms holder, e.g., schizophrenia. This proposal, however, goes too far with the requirements it sets.

I tried to say that earlier and reserved a few specific ideas for a proposal of my own regarding that and regarding keeping guns away from those who are mentally handicapped (not exactly insane) or physically handicapped as well.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Serrland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrland » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:02 pm

I tried to say that earlier and reserved a few specific ideas for a proposal of my own regarding that and regarding keeping guns away from those who are mentally handicapped (not exactly insane) or physically handicapped as well.

Serrland would support such a notion, if properly defined and precisely worded. However, as has been stated previously, the delegate does not envy the one(s) responsible for attempting to define who is "mentally handicapped." It seems, given the vast differences in levels of functionality, that it would be difficult to pin down who would or wouldn't be eligible based on mental status.

Itlmany
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Itlmany » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:33 pm

you missing the people with back grounds part you could give a guy with murder, arson or etc in his background giving him a gun then he'll go around on a spree.

so no.
Last edited by Itlmany on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You could Start a Chain Reaction.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly