NATION

PASSWORD

Draft:Citazenship rights.

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Fargoalmus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Draft:Citazenship rights.

Postby Fargoalmus » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:13 am

REALIZING that some countries have selective minds when it comes to citizenship.
DEFINING citizenship for the purpose of this resolution as the ability to vote in the voting systems allowed to the general public.
DECLARESAll persons born or naturalized in a country, and subject to its jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the country and of the country wherein they reside. No country shall make or enforce any law which shall prohibit the citizenship of citizens of that country. The obtainer of that citizenship may only be released of it if they decide and are mentally competent or have been charged with repeated treason or other major crime in which they must go thought their countries just judicial system.
Last edited by Fargoalmus on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Krimin Killr21 President of The Democratic Republic of Fargoalmus.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:52 am

In my opinion the issue of granting citizenship would be best left as a national issue, except for the statelessness and emigration issue: hold on, how come no one has commented further on my draft that tried to tackle statelessness recently?

Yours etc.,
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:36 am

Fargoalmus wrote:REALIZING that some countries have selective minds when it comes to citizen ship.
DECLARESAll persons born or naturalized in a country, and subject to its jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the country and of the country wherein they reside. No country shall make or enforce any law which shall prohibit the citizenship of citizens of that country. The obtainer of that citizenship may only be released of it if they decide and are mentally combatant or have been charged with repeated treason or other major crime in which they must go thought their countries just judicial system.

The WA has no business interfering with who a nation may or may not have as citizens or how citizenship is attained. This is unwarranted and unneccessary micromanagement, and as such is unacceptable.

Should your own nation require assistance in determining who may be a citizen, as it appears it must else you would not have proposed this, the Kingdom is prepared to offer Crown Colony status and determine this for you, for your own good, of course.

The rest of us, however, do not require the WA to hold our hands and point us in the "correct" direction as far as who may be a citizen of our own nations.

(did you possibly mean "mentally competant" instead of "mentally combatant"?)
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:42 am

Confederation. Separate clans have separate bodies of citizens. Opposed.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Tipsonia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tipsonia » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Opposed, This would allow children of immigrants, and political opponents to become citizens. Also the Confederacy reserves the right to remove citizenship from any citizen at any time

The Mountains Of Alba
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Mountains Of Alba » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:01 pm

As a subject I oppose this law as feel it is illegal as it prevents the existence of monarchies. Citizens do not exist in a monarchy be it constitutional, like my people, or absolute, only subjects.

Aven Dale
Secretary

Founded: Mar 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Aven Dale » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:40 pm

In my opinion, one charge of treason is enough to release a person from his/her right of citizenship.

Opposed

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:37 pm

What's a Citazen?
OOC puppet of Yelda

Aven Dale
Secretary

Founded: Mar 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Aven Dale » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Very good point haha, i didn't even notice that.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Citazen? Hmm...

Sounds like some sort of form of spiritual enlightenment.

ZEN
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Loughmacrory
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Loughmacrory » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:14 pm

citizenship is purely a national issue, the WA could be used to guarentee that citizenship is granted by WA members to asylum seekers that have fled their nation due to death threats from their nation of origin.

Thoricia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thoricia » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Opposed
the WA has no business sticking its nose into something that is a issue of the state
Ponderosa wrote:I kick you in the face, because I'm angry that I actually wrote out a creative response to the post above, only to find out that you ruined it.

This quote sums up my life.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:48 pm

I have a question for the author, did you not read this post?
Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:What's a Citazen?

For crying out loud you submitted this proposal with a typo in the title.

Secondly, since this proposal does nothing to reduce income inequality or increase basic welfare, I'm just going to call this proposal illegal for being filed in the wrong category.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly