NATION

PASSWORD

How to create a proposal?

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Copenhagen Pioneers
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

How to create a proposal?

Postby Copenhagen Pioneers » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:03 am

Yes. I am new to the WA. And I am seeking delegation in my region. Now I just wish to know how to write a proposal. I have noticed that they all seem to have a certain form to them. And also how can I know what all to write a proposal on. Thank you all for the help.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: How to create a proposal?

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 am

Hello honoured ambassadors to Copenhagen Pioneers. What we recommend is a really good idea that can improve the world: at the moment we are yet to deal with free trade resolutions that would increase our economy, so that may be one thing to look into.

There are two threads which you should familiarise with. This thread lists the rules for WA proposals: any draft you create needs to adhere to the rules. This includes no real-world references or world armies/police. It also has to be independent of other resolutions and stand on its own if (and unlikely) every resolution but yours is repealed: that means you cannot refer or amend past resolutions.

Check this thread often to ensure that the draft does not contradict passed resolutions.

Yours,

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:39 pm

One thing that can't be stressed enough is, post a draft on the forum before you submit it. Doing that will prevent your proposal from being illegal and more importantly, prevent it from ending up in this thread.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:34 am

Even more importantly, don't rush! The feedback by fellow members of the assembly may be vital to the success of the draft.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to General Assembly