NATION

PASSWORD

Stop The Blue Code of Silence

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Flibbleites wrote:
Korintar wrote:OoC: I am no longer in the WA, so you can take this for what it's worth, but I've noticed this guy's annoying tendencies, Enn, as have the Mods, and even if I was still in the WA, I would ignore Kamenskyland, which I will now do. I have a severe visual impairment, so I have to use a frickin' screen reader to read his stuff! He fails to understand the concept of color contrast. The only way his behavior makes sense to me is if he himself has vision problems, in which case he can type things up in a word processing document and go to the control panel on his computer and click accessibility to change the color contrast as he needs it while respecting others needs to have it differently.

OOC: I'm starting to wonder if it would be an abuse of my mod powers to go in and strip out the color tags on kamenskyland's posts.

abuse? no. a kindness to the rest of us? most likely.

OOC: Since other mods did it here, it must be ok.

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:55 pm

OOC: If all the other mods jumped off a bridge would you...
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Philimbesi wrote:OOC: If all the other mods jumped off a bridge would you...

OOC: It depends on how high the bridge is, and what's underneath it.

Now, how about we get back on topic.
Last edited by Flibbleites on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:28 pm

it depends ... are they base-jumping? :lol:
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

ChengISao
Envoy

Founded: Oct 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby ChengISao » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Pfff... Like they wouldn't be corrupt. :palm:
WARNING: Explicit Content. You must be at least 18 years of age to proceed.
Standing Outside the Fire by Garth Brooks.

...We call them weak Who are unable to resist The slightest chance love might exist And for that forsake it all

They're so hell bent on giving, walking a wire Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

To truly submit, I had to "jump in the fire".

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:45 pm

"This is one of the most assanine proposals I've come across in a long time. What a contemptable debacle." The UnDelegate snorted as he finished reading the papers.

And OOC: Illegal - RL intrusion.
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -Lynn M. Osband

"We're not so blase, not so willing to accept that we're safe and we can let someone do our security for us. We're not going to sit there and wait for somebody else to do it because if you wait, it might be too late." Jennifer Allen re: Northwest Airlines Flight 253 - quoted for the Win!

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:34 pm

Tanaara wrote:And OOC: Illegal - RL intrusion.

Care to point it out?

Korintar
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Korintar » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Kamenskyland wrote:Stop The Blue Code of Silence

I encourage you to review this excellent proposal. In the REAL WORLD Counterpolice has been proven effective under Louis XIV of France (the King’s Musketeers), under Napoleone Bonaparte, and presently and currently in Austria which unsurprisingly has the highest standard of living in Europe.

Setting aside personal enmity, please review and APPROVE the "Stop The Blue Code of Silence" proposal submitted by FASTERCAT.

http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_pro ... =0/start=0

If a person who is your political opponent on many issues has a very good point, it should be judged on individual basis.

FASTERCAT DOES have a very good point.

The system of checks and balances which exists in Government for some reason does not exist in law enforcement!

A counter-police FORCE is necessary in order to limit the power of the police. Many policemen are poorly educated and their agenda is simply power. The many laws are used only as a pretext to DOMINATE people.

(1) Internal affairs is insufficient because they are members of the same team and understandably have to be LOYAL or risked being viewed with contempt.

(2) Civil oversight committees do not have the power of apprehension and sufficient training to investigate police misconduct and lack of graciousness towards the citizens.

This will contribute TREMENDOUSLY to the improvement of civil rights!

Please hurry as there is only one day left (probably less by the time you read this) to approve the proposal.

KAMENSKY

bolded parts might explain it. Also, the title refers to a RL terminology, used in the USA. Lastly, you have the matter of proving the opening sentence of the resolution... is it really a problem in the NS world? (RL world, maybe) One must first prove that claim or fill in additional justifications for this resolution.
Last edited by Korintar on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook, Q&A; Nat'l Standards Warning: Agreeing to RP with me assumes an acceptance of Any-Tech Rping and/or the use of dragons in Warfare unless we come to an agreement beforehand.
Jolt Veteran. (-6.00,-.31), (-7.25,1.08) (economic, social)
'So.... a complete disregard for societal norms is.... communist? If that's true, then sign me up.'- Lunatic Goofballs
'If you're taking White Castle hanburgers rectally, you're really doing that wrong. They go in the other end of the alimentary system.'-Farnhamia
'Space Mussolini! Go, go, go!'- TSS @ GWO
Reppy's PG opinion of Jolt
The Gidgetisms: Go no fuck? The Parkus Empire: As in, go, go Gadget no fuck.
Oterro: International incidents->"New Thread"->[Thread title]->[Thread OP]->War->GWO intervention

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Korintar wrote:

I encourage you to review this excellent proposal. In the REAL WORLD Counterpolice has been proven effective under Louis XIV of France (the King’s Musketeers), under Napoleone Bonaparte, and presently and currently in Austria which unsurprisingly has the highest standard of living in Europe.

Setting aside personal enmity, please review and APPROVE the "Stop The Blue Code of Silence" proposal submitted by FASTERCAT.

If a person who is your political opponent on many issues has a very good point, it should be judged on individual basis.

The system of checks and balances which exists in Government for some reason does not exist in law enforcement!

A counter-police FORCE is necessary in order to limit the power of the police. Many policemen are poorly educated and their agenda is simply power. The many laws are used only as a pretext to DOMINATE people.

(1) Internal affairs is insufficient because they are members of the same team and understandably have to be LOYAL or risked being viewed with contempt.

(2) Civil oversight committees do not have the power of apprehension and sufficient training to investigate police misconduct and lack of graciousness towards the citizens.

Please hurry as there is only one day left (probably less by the time you read this) to approve the proposal.

KAMENSKY

bolded parts might explain it

Those parts aren't in the text of the proposal. Which is in the thread's second post.

Korintar
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Korintar » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:50 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Korintar wrote:

KAMENSKY

bolded parts might explain it

Those parts aren't in the text of the proposal. Which is in the thread's second post.

I edited my post above you, what is your verdict?
Factbook, Q&A; Nat'l Standards Warning: Agreeing to RP with me assumes an acceptance of Any-Tech Rping and/or the use of dragons in Warfare unless we come to an agreement beforehand.
Jolt Veteran. (-6.00,-.31), (-7.25,1.08) (economic, social)
'So.... a complete disregard for societal norms is.... communist? If that's true, then sign me up.'- Lunatic Goofballs
'If you're taking White Castle hanburgers rectally, you're really doing that wrong. They go in the other end of the alimentary system.'-Farnhamia
'Space Mussolini! Go, go, go!'- TSS @ GWO
Reppy's PG opinion of Jolt
The Gidgetisms: Go no fuck? The Parkus Empire: As in, go, go Gadget no fuck.
Oterro: International incidents->"New Thread"->[Thread title]->[Thread OP]->War->GWO intervention

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:33 pm

OOC: I thought the proposal's title : Stop The Blue Code of Silence would be considered RL - as Blue seems to refer to the one of the nicknames for police forces ( as in TheThin Blue Line)
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -Lynn M. Osband

"We're not so blase, not so willing to accept that we're safe and we can let someone do our security for us. We're not going to sit there and wait for somebody else to do it because if you wait, it might be too late." Jennifer Allen re: Northwest Airlines Flight 253 - quoted for the Win!

Kamenskyland
Attaché

Founded: Oct 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamenskyland » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 am

The behavior of the mods (Forum Police) proves the Stop The Blue Code of Silence proposal right.

Kamenskyland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamenskyland » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:22 am

Flibbleites wrote:Those parts aren't in the text of the proposal. Which is in the thread's second post.

FASTERCAT will confirm that I am the co-author of the proposal.
Last edited by Kamenskyland on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:12 am

Kamenskyland wrote:

The behavior of the mods (Forum Police) proves the Stop The Blue Code of Silence proposal right.

And if you believe that the mods have behaved inappropriately, you can appeal the ruling by either putting in a Getting Help request, or by emailing admin@nationstates.net

[violet], Reppy and Max do check up on the actions of mods. But keep in mind you've already annoyed the forum admin (Reppy), and one tech admin (Pythag). So you may want to be less confrontational.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

The Magic Spirit
Attaché

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Magic Spirit » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:32 am

GIVEN reports worldwide of police abuse of power, corruption, malevolence and unwarranted brutality;
Since you start out with a wrong assumption, I'm having trouble taking the rest of the proposal seriously. In the last 10 years, The Magic Spirit has recorded exactly 1 case of police brutality which was handled by a national court. The officer's action led to a civilian's death and the officer received the maximum sentence for second degree murder -- he's still serving his time.

A counter-police force might sound like a good idea at first until you are reminded that these people too can abuse their power - who will reign them in? It would lead to an endless line of commisions and organizations checking on each other and a whole lot of money spend on something that could be done differently.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:40 am

Kamenskyland wrote:

The fact that we mods are enforcing the rules for this forum does not prove anything about your proposal. In fact, your inability to quit posting in bloody orange text even after having been asked by multiple mods to stop, being warned for doing it, and even receiving a 1-day ban for doing it proves to me that you haven't learned your lesson. Now, KNOCK OFF THE POSTING IN ORANGE.

Flibbleites
Forum Moderator
Last edited by Flibbleites on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamenskyland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamenskyland » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:56 am

The Magic Spirit wrote:
A counter-police force might sound like a good idea at first until you are reminded that these people too can abuse their power - who will reign them in?

How would they abuse their power? Their domain will exclusively be policing the police. And with plenty of time on their hands that would establish law and order.
Last edited by The Most Glorious Hack on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Color tags stripped out

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:58 am

Kamenskyland wrote:
The Magic Spirit wrote:
A counter-police force might sound like a good idea at first until you are reminded that these people too can abuse their power - who will reign them in?

How would they abuse their power? Their domain will exclusively be policing the police. And with plenty of time on their hands that would establish law and order.

Congratulations your inability to follow a simple request has just earned you a 3-day ban

Flibbleites
Forum Moderator
Last edited by Flibbleites on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Kamenskyland wrote:
The Magic Spirit wrote:

And who is to make sure that they will be enforcing the police in the right direction? Perhaps they will tell the police to do things that the police shouldn't be doing.

If you leave open an option for corruption, someone will take it.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly