NATION

PASSWORD

[SCRATCHED/CLOSED] Radiology Research Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:37 am

We have no idea what my colleague from Potted Plants United are referring to the title is perfectly legal. We are of course working under the assumption that the title is the only thing our esteemed colleague from Nation of cool guys read.

Nigel S Youlkin
USP Ambassador.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

United Bobtopia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Bobtopia » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:51 am

So you propose that my countries current research programs must be scrapped, in favor of WA approved programs staffed with union employees? How exactly, I wonder, does this help the field? It seems my scientists would be more occupied with meeting regulatory code, placating WA busybodies, filling out paper work, and dealing with union politics than actually getting any research done.

I am very much opposed to this.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Philimbesi wrote:The USP will withhold any further analysis of this draft until the illegal Category is addressed. It is pointless to comment on a resolution that has no chance of making it to the floor

Nigel S Youlkin
USP Ambassador.

True dat. Itll never pass.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:47 pm

Ceni wrote:True dat. Itll never pass.

Wrong. It'll never be submitted in its current form BECAUSE THE CATEGORY DOESN'T EXIST. It CAN'T be posted, much less voted on or approved. Pay attention or don't post.

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:

Wrong. It'll never be submitted in its current form BECAUSE THE CATEGORY DOESN'T EXIST. It CAN'T be posted, much less voted on or approved. Pay attention or don't post.

And how does something pass if it hasn't even been submitted, eh?
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Gingeyland
Attaché

Founded: Feb 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gingeyland » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:

What Category do you propose I put it in?
Puppets:
Ironrite

Proposals:
Radiology Research Act viewtopic.php?f=9&t=228525

Gingeyland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Gingeyland » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:59 pm

United Bobtopia wrote:So you propose that my countries current research programs must be scrapped, in favor of WA approved programs staffed with union employees? How exactly, I wonder, does this help the field? It seems my scientists would be more occupied with meeting regulatory code, placating WA busybodies, filling out paper work, and dealing with union politics than actually getting any research done.

I am very much opposed to this.

I believe the section called GIVING CHOICE is still up there :)
Puppets:
Ironrite

Proposals:

Gingeyland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Gingeyland » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Abacathea wrote:Having read all the comments thus far, plus PPU's comments, I find your reluctance to listen to forum regulars very concerning.

There's no point in me commenting on the draft itself as PPU has pointed out quite extensively the issues with this draft including several points that make it illegal.

Shape this up or abandon it.

He posted that at 3:00 in the morning...
Puppets:
Ironrite

Proposals:

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Gingeyland wrote:He posted that at 3:00 in the morning...

Not everyone lives in your time zone.

Gingeyland wrote:What Category do you propose I put it in?

If you can't figure out an appropriate category and effect from the list provided, you probably shouldn't submit this. Not every proposal fits into one of our categories. Sometimes you have to simply accept that fact.

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:20 am

My esteemed colleague, it's normally more advisable to look at the categories, and find a topic you believe we need to address, then to write a resolution to address it. Of course all that after checking with the passed resolutions to make sure we haven't addressed it before bringing a resolution to the floor.

Nigel S Youlkin
USP Ambassador
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Gingeyland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Gingeyland » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:22 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Gingeyland wrote:He posted that at 3:00 in the morning...

Not everyone lives in your time zone.

Gingeyland wrote:What Category do you propose I put it in?

If you can't figure out an appropriate category and effect from the list provided, you probably shouldn't submit this. Not every proposal fits into one of our categories. Sometimes you have to simply accept that fact.

That's exactly what I'm going to do, thanks for the help :)
Puppets:
Ironrite

Proposals:

Gingeyland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Gingeyland » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:23 am

Philimbesi wrote:

My esteemed colleague, it's normally more advisable to look at the categories, and find a topic you believe we need to address, then to write a resolution to address it. Of course all that after checking with the passed resolutions to make sure we haven't addressed it before bringing a resolution to the floor.

Nigel S Youlkin
USP Ambassador

OOC: Yes, this has been officially scratched, I suppose a locking of the topic? It was a good try, but I see too many flaws
Puppets:
Ironrite

Proposals:

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly