NATION

PASSWORD

Resolutions #44 and #128[census]

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Scupin
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Resolutions #44 and #128[census]

Postby Scupin » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 pm

The Scupin ambassador for the World Assembly stands up within the General Assembly lobby, and speaks in a loud voice to the other WA delegates present.

"As the representative for Scupin, I take it my responsibility of World Assembly delegate with utmost sincerity. I make it my duty to be able to represent the interests of my country, and to translate resolutions into national law in my country to the best of my ability. However, there is a matter which has arisen to my attention. I call Resolutions #44 and #128 to be reviewed. It is my belief that these resolutions go against one another, and/or may interfere with or hamper national efforts regarding all matters related to the subject of these resolutions.

As such, my country at this time is going to officially DISREGARD Resolutions #44 and #128 and we will hold a neutral stance on this issue until a census can be held by a small delegation here at this current time to determine which resolution Scupin will lean on more. In the course of this vote, I will urge a repeal of the losing resolution, and draft one that I feel does not interfere with the other. So, to all delegates willing to participate, please vote:

Say AYE if you FAVOR Resolution #128.
Say NAY if you FAVOR Resolution #44.

I will hold this census up for vote for a matter of 3 days, at which time I will tally the votes cast and pick an appropriate course of action."
Last edited by Scupin on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Oh shit... not this again....

Oh shit... not this again....
Last edited by Abacathea on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Scupin wrote: I call Resolutions #44 and #128 to be reviewed. It is my belief that these resolutions go against one another,
You are plain wrong in this belief, young grasshopper. If they did contradict, then #128 would never have reached the voting stage as a violation of the rules, specifically as a contradiction of #44. Since that did not happen, they cannot be in contradiction.

...and/or may interfere with or hamper national efforts regarding all matters related to the subject of these resolutions.[/quote[Meh.
I will hold this census up for vote for a matter of 3 days, at which time I will tally the votes cast and pick an appropriate course of action."
Your census is bad and you should feel bad. The best course of action is to drop this entirely.

Of course, when was the last time a newbie nation actually took good advice?
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Scupin
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scupin » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Hirota. There's 241 GA resolutions, do you HONESTLY believe that the Moderation team is going to check ones that already passed, word for word, for any contradictions when they have to moderate the rest of the forum and game? They've said you should be thankful for WA regulars.

We're human, and we can have oversight. Don't just assume shit. Plus I got the feeling you're trolling me, if not then you saying "this census is bad and you feel bad" makes me say this in response:

What's the nickname of the shortstop on the 1930's St.Louis team?

Answer that correctly. If you don't then my response and point is proven; that if you can't google that, then it's possible for moderators to not have eyes everywhere.
Last edited by Scupin on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Scupin wrote:do you HONESTLY believe that the Moderation team is going to check ones that already passed, word for word, for any contradictions

Before I answer that question, perhaps you should read the 62 pages of official debate on #128 before leaping to the conclusion that nobody thought of looking at #44.

Go ahead. We'll wait.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:09 pm

We vote the representative from Scupin be defenestrated. It is still open for debate whether or not to open the window first.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 pm

If you would explain why you believe resolutions 44 and 128 are contradictory?
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:01 am

Your claim of Contradiction is wrong and here's why, the Reduction of Abortion Act is all about reducing the need for abortions to be performed, it does nothing about whether abortion is legal or illegal. In fact, if one reads clause 6,
Reduction of Abortion Act wrote:6. DECLARES that nothing in this resolution shall affect the power of member states to declare abortion legal or illegal or to pass legislation extending or restricting access to abortion.

it clearly states that the resolution has no effect on whether or not abortion is legal.
Last edited by Flibbleites on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:43 pm

Scupin wrote:Answer that correctly. If you don't then my response and point is proven; that if you can't google that, then it's possible for moderators to not have eyes everywhere.
Ambassador, the fact is you were wrong on your belief. I suggest instead of trying to pick a fight over your rookie mistake, you learn and move on. I'm under no obligation to play your little irrelevant game.

If you think I was trolling, then take it to moderation for the powers that be to decide (aside from having two moderators post in this very thread and not bat an eyelid). Until then, shush.
Last edited by Hirota on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:54 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:We vote the representative from Scupin be defenestrated. It is still open for debate whether or not to open the window first.

Maklohi Vai would recommend a 1618 Prague style approach, and just throw them out whenever you get too fed up with their dogma. Ergo, the window's position is irrelevant.
Last edited by Maklohi Vai on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:04 am

Maklohi Vai wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:We vote the representative from Scupin be defenestrated. It is still open for debate whether or not to open the window first.

Maklohi Vai would recommend a 1618 Prague style approach, and just throw them out whenever you get too fed up with their dogma. Ergo, the window's position is irrelevant.

Though I think we should make sure there's not a large cushioning pile of shit this time.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:07 am

Linux and the X wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:Maklohi Vai would recommend a 1618 Prague style approach, and just throw them out whenever you get too fed up with their dogma. Ergo, the window's position is irrelevant.

Though I think we should make sure there's not a large cushioning pile of shit this time.

That would be an appropriate action in preparation for the defenestration.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Durgaprasadzone
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Durgaprasadzone » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks for sharing information. Actually I had also the same question in mind for a long time anyways you started this thread & I am so happy. :bow:

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:46 am

The ruckus wakes Nigel up from his mid-morning-hangover-curing-nap. "What? What did I miss?" he says to Ginger who was also asleep.

"Not sure but judging from some of the remarks were either talking about abortion... or infant's junk again."
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Three Weasels
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Three Weasels » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Oh for the love of grass and daisies, how are these two resolutions contradictory?

One is about reducing the reasons for abortion by providing preventative measures for individuals to take in order to control their reproductive freedom. The other is about providing individuals the right to terminate a pregnancy that may threaten the life of the individual. The two are separate issues, especially if you consider the simple notion that a person aborting a pregnancy may have wanted to carry to term but for medical reasons, the pregnancy isn't viable, and their life is jeopardized.
We're a splinter nation; we believe in Meadowism. We're sapient Mustela Itatsi, distant cousins of the Mustela Erminea and the Mustela Nivalis who shunned the ways of the Meadow for their belligerent beliefs.

We're cheese-powered. So, surrender your cheese. Or else. Yeah... or else. We'll... uh... we'll do something.

Oh and meadows are totally awesome. We love meadows.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly