NATION

PASSWORD

Supranational Currency

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Shaff
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Supranational Currency

Postby Shaff » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:36 pm

that such a currency would not suffer from inflation, which, in extreme cases, has had disastrous effects for economies. In addition, a global currency would make conducting international business more efficient and would encourage Foreign direct investment.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Nope. The WA cannot create a international, or in this case "supernatural", currency. Sorry.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:21 pm

no no no no

NO

In case that was not quite clear enough, we are against the very idea of this.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Southron Nation
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Southron Nation » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:32 am

thank god. :clap:

the logic of creating a one world currency is simply amazing. if a fiat currency didnt work on a national scale, what on earth would make it work on a trans-national scale?
free minds and free markets result in free men.

government interventions create unintended consequences that lead to calls for further [government] intervention, and so on into a destructive spiral of more government control. - Ludwig Von Mises

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:00 am

Shaff wrote:that such a currency would not suffer from inflation, which, in extreme cases, has had disastrous effects for economies. In addition, a global currency would make conducting international business more efficient and would encourage Foreign direct investment.

Honoured ambassador, It is difficult to determine whether it will never inflate, let alone that alongside the agreement with the commentaries by fellow ambassadors here, it would take away the member state's ability to determine their own interest rates since practically there would be only one central bank that could issue currency.

Yours etc,

Morlago
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morlago » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:22 am

Illegal.
Angelo Gervoski
Minister of WA Affairs of
The United Islands of Morlago
Yë Morre Waidamün i Mórlago

DEFCON: 1 2 (Low) 3 4 5 6

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33
Graph
Center-left social moderate.
Left: 2.2, Libertarian: 0.75
Foreign Policy: -6.11 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture: -6.31 (Cultural liberal)

Gobbannium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Gobbannium » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:05 am

Such a proposal would not necessarily be illegal, despite the knee-jerk protests of various ambassadors here. However, writing it in such a way that it is legal is a daunting task, and one we certainly have no interest in. Since the respected ambassador has offered no draft at all, further comment than this is rash.
Prince Rhodri of Segontium, Master of the Red Hounds, etc, etc.
Ambassador to the World Assembly of the Principalities of Gobbannium

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly