NATION

PASSWORD

Draft: World Assembly Endowment for the Arts

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Queenslandburg
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Draft: World Assembly Endowment for the Arts

Postby Queenslandburg » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:33 pm

I am putting together a resolution to establish a Endowment for the promotion for Performing arts. I just want some input for ideas to be included in the resoultion. Some ideas that i have is:
1. The Endowment will be funded 70% from the WA General Fund.
A. 10% from member nation wishing to contribute, nations will not be required to contribute
B. 20% from proceeds and fees from venues owned by the endowment.
2. The endowment shall have the authority to build or lease venues or buildings for use of entertaiment or groups focus on performing arts.
A. All Building will be owned by the World Assembly
1. The Endowment shall pay a stipend to the nation in which the venue or building is located
3. The Endowment main role will be to establish programs for development of performing arts, market performing arts groups, provide financial support to programs and organizations, providing performing venues, and providing grants/scholarships to students persueing a career in the arts.
4. The Endowment shall be ran by a Board of Trustees appointed by the WA, with a President operation the endowment.

This is my general idea of how I want this resolution to look. I am willing to accept any ideas on how you think I could improve this resolution.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:36 am

Hr'rmm.
If you really must go ahead with this idea, rather than leaving such matters to the national level, then I strongly suggest that you insert some clauses about introducing people to foreign cultures and focus the organisation's work on taking acts to other countries (and other parts of large & diverse countries) rather than just on giving them extra venues in which to perform at home...

Add something about preserving (at least in recorded form) art-forms that would otherwise vanish, such as those of some minority cultures that are becoming assimilated into other larger societies.

Drop the bit about building new venues, and just hire existing ones, except in situations where there absolutely aren't any suitable ones yet.

And in order to get around the rule that proposals can't just "create a committee", which giving duties to that committee does not in itself do, you'll need to add some clauses that would directly affect all of the WA's member nations -- at least at the aspirational ("Urges...", "Suggests...") level -- too.

Borrin o Redwood,
Chief Observer at the World Assembly
for
The High Council of Clans,
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:46 am

Oh, and you shouldn't actually mention the WA General Fund because then if the resolution establishing that ever got repealed this clause would become meaningless: Proposals that would explicitly depend on the continued existence of any specific earlier resolution in such a way are 'illegal' under General Assembly rules. (OOC: The technical term is 'House-of-Cards'...) Just refer to funding "from the WA", instead...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Magic Spirit
Attaché

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Magic Spirit » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:35 pm

As a nation built on the performing arts The Magic Spirit would like to encourage you to push on with this proposal. Performing Arts should be encouraged in all its forms (especially magic). However, the idea to apply 70% of the WA's funds to this plan is preposterous to say the least. We need to have more money left to spend on social wellfare in all member nations. Like my esteemed collegues already said, not mentioning WA Fund is probably better.

Return to General Assembly