NATION

PASSWORD

Who would vote for increased Military Spending?

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Nukes Nukes and Nukes
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Who would vote for increased Military Spending?

Postby Nukes Nukes and Nukes » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:28 pm

I think that increased military funding and spending would be good for the world considering the current resolution that is being voted on. So, i think so- what about you? Your input is necessary if you would like to see a resolution coming up soon. Gatesville will vote for it, what else do you need? Please post, I would like input.

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:01 pm

Having just come out of a civil war, which included an attempted military coup, Enn will definitely not be supporting any WA resolutions that promote greater power for the military. We have been cutting our military spending recently, we do not wish for that program to be reversed.

Stephanie Fulton,
WA Ambassador for Enn
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:38 am

The United States of Philimbesi would actually not be in favor of such a measure as there is considerable waste in our defense budget as is. To the tune of about 3 trillion dollars.

Further you can't just issue a blanket resolution increasing military spending you have to say what that increase will do. Is it legal considering the other resolutions, are you investing in space weapons, or just buying all your troops a hot dog?

Nigel S Youlkin
WA Ambassador - USoP
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Blademasters765
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blademasters765 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:43 am

The Military is vital to the defence of a nation

Half my military budget is actually going into researches Space Lasers
The Most Glorious Hack wrote:
Mod Centre Log wrote:# Sun Aug 7 06:08:54 2011: the_most_glorious_hack examined hot_sexy_sluts

I love my job.
Georgizm wrote:The Falklands are closest to Argentina, therefore Argentina should become part of the Falklands.

Bladian Imperium Embassy Program

Albaron
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albaron » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:49 am

All right.
The Holy Empire of Albaron
AUGUSTAVUS XIII - "Pax Imperialis"
Member of the STEEL PACT

Wanderjar
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wanderjar » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:50 am

Blademasters765 wrote:The Military is vital to the defence of a nation

Meanwhile! Men aren't being paid, tanks are going without repairs and spare parts, bombers are going without repairs and spare parts, fighters are going without repairs and spare parts, trucks aren't being tuned, rifles, machineguns, pistols, etc aren't being repaired, less money is availible to procure ammunition, other vehicles are going without repairs and equipment, ships can't sail because there simply aren't enough budgetary resources, troops over seas have to fend for themselves when it comes to logistical supplies as too little money exists to fly in in enough supplies, etc, etc.

Care to rethink your expenditures? Logistics are rather hard on the ol' national wallet. :p
MT
The Dual Habsburg Kingdom and Afrikaner Free State of Wanderjar

King Kristian von Habsburg
State President Michael Blair
Prime Minister Jan van Hoyek
Economic Left/Right: 9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59
"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my wrath upon them." Ezekiel 25:17

FT
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man

Blademasters765
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blademasters765 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:55 am

Wanderjar wrote:
Blademasters765 wrote:The Military is vital to the defence of a nation

Meanwhile! Men aren't being paid, tanks are going without repairs and spare parts, bombers are going without repairs and spare parts, fighters are going without repairs and spare parts, trucks aren't being tuned, rifles, machineguns, pistols, etc aren't being repaired, less money is availible to procure ammunition, other vehicles are going without repairs and equipment, ships can't sail because there simply aren't enough budgetary resources, troops over seas have to fend for themselves when it comes to logistical supplies as too little money exists to fly in in enough supplies, etc, etc.

Care to rethink your expenditures? Logistics are rather hard on the ol' national wallet. :p

oh i thought that through there is plenty of room for all that
The Most Glorious Hack wrote:
Mod Centre Log wrote:# Sun Aug 7 06:08:54 2011: the_most_glorious_hack examined hot_sexy_sluts

I love my job.
Georgizm wrote:The Falklands are closest to Argentina, therefore Argentina should become part of the Falklands.

Bladian Imperium Embassy Program

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly