NATION

PASSWORD

Ban Black Hole technology

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Almagarde
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Almagarde » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:23 am

Because Black Holes expand forward and Backward through time from their point of origin, I must recommend a ban on man made black holes and the pursuit of that Science on the grounds that they can be used to isolate and erase individuals and family lines from existance.

Considering the only acceptable form of government is one based on consent of the global population We must assume that those in Power are the benificiaries of Representative Government and are thus the benificiaries of the Use of Black Hole Weapons used to remove consent government and replace it with a minority dictatorship.

Ban Black Holes NOW!

Commonwealth of Almagarde

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:31 am

The Protection of Outer Space Act bans the damaging of Space, Ambassador.

And this is an issue anyway for the General Assembly, not the Security Council. Unless of course you know of some nation you'd like to condemn for their horrific meddling in time/space.
Last edited by Stash Kroh on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador Adelinda Gliemann
The Clockwork Forge of Stash Kroh
WA Security Council Liaison

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Almagarde wrote:Ban Black Holes NOW!

No more sewers?
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Short of speeding up Hawking radiation (something far beyond the capacity of Ennish engineers, although perhaps Almagarde knows something we don't), I am unsure exactly how we 'ban black holes'.

Stephanie Fulton,
WA Ambassador for Enn
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 am

Almagarde wrote:Because Black Holes expand forward and Backward through time from their point of origin, I must recommend a ban on man made black holes and the pursuit of that Science on the grounds that they can be used to isolate and erase individuals and family lines from existance.

Considering the only acceptable form of government is one based on consent of the global population We must assume that those in Power are the benificiaries of Representative Government and are thus the benificiaries of the Use of Black Hole Weapons used to remove consent government and replace it with a minority dictatorship.

Ban Black Holes NOW!

Commonwealth of Almagarde
OOC: Someone has spent far too much time watching the new star trek.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:21 am

*with a straight face*
we can't my country is in the process of creating the worlds 1,532,366th largest supercollider capable of making black holes once the universe expands to about 50 times its current size.
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Physilitis
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Physilitis » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:32 am

Ainocra wrote:*with a straight face*
we can't my country is in the process of creating the worlds 1,532,366th largest supercollider capable of making black holes once the universe expands to about 50 times its current size.

Anicora: lolnouphail.

Almagarde: Generally, this is an internet game not real life, no black hole will extent to NS Planet.And black holes only grow to the size of blue supergiants.

Carbarosia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Carbarosia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:33 am

Removed.
Last edited by Carbarosia on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
equality and freedom for everyone. protect the environment.
fictional views held by the nation "carbarosia" may not reflect my own.

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:24 am

We regret to say that we would enjoin you in this endeavor to ban black holes but as we are currently involved in drafting litigation to ban hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, solar flares and flatulence we are fresh out of time. Once we get these measures past we will be able join you in the rest of the fight against things that only happen naturally.

Signed,
Nigel S Youlkin
USoP WA Ambassador (and mad scientist)
Last edited by Philimbesi on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Uranus Territory
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Uranus Territory » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:00 pm

I'm against because it could be a problem for my nation. There are a large number of black holes in Uranus Territory. Admittedly, they have very little gravity, but they are still black holes.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:25 am

In our nation we, in part, among with other sources of futuristic energy, use black holes that already exist for the generation of electricity by physics.

Nafistan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Nafistan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:09 pm

I am unsure what this means. Does this proposal ban the use of black holes or the military use of black holes or something else?
As reported by the Emissary of the Maharaj of Nafistan

Embassy Program for Nafistan
Nafistan's NS Wiki
Founder of The Commonwealth Society

Muffasaville
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Muffasaville » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:15 pm

The The Protection of Outer Space Act only protects space outside of a planets atmosphere. Therefore, on-planet black whole research is permitted under current laws.

However, the investigation and experimentation of black holes is necessary to the continuing of science and scientific study. If you would like to propose a ban on black hole weapons research that would be a different story.
Last edited by Muffasaville on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Muffasaville wrote:If you would like to propose a ban on black hole weapons research that would be a different story.

Now you made me curious... How does one exactly deploy a black hole?

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Sionis Prioratus wrote:
Muffasaville wrote:If you would like to propose a ban on black hole weapons research that would be a different story.

Very carefully.

Timothy Schmidt
Bob Flibble's PA

Mexar
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mexar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 pm

Black holes really suck!

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:44 am

Are we still allowed to call them 'black' holes? ;)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Almagarde
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Almagarde » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:57 am

Philimbesi wrote:We regret to say that we would enjoin you in this endeavor to ban black holes but as we are currently involved in drafting litigation to ban hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, solar flares and flatulence we are fresh out of time. Once we get these measures past we will be able join you in the rest of the fight against things that only happen naturally.

Signed,
Nigel S Youlkin
USoP WA Ambassador (and mad scientist)

RE: Antitemporal Fallout resulting from Possibility manipulation using blackholes
  • Hurricanes
  • Tsunamis
  • Tornadoes
  • Solar Flares

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:13 am

A notable Terran researcher, took the time and effort from his pursuit of exploring temporal and dimensional theories and technological applications weighed in via message:

Black holes do not work that way , also as our nation is not part of the world assembly, such a self centered body filled with people clinging to tera I can continue my experiments as I wish. Good day.

(OOC: Black hole bombs are usually used by soft scifi or space opera nations as weapons, there are many bits of technobable that can be applied to make an artificial one. Focusing gravity waves using a "graviton beam" or some thing like that is just one example.)
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:16 am

Sionis Prioratus wrote:Now you made me curious... How does one exactly deploy a black hole?

well first you load all the cheese into the back of the minis...
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:29 am

Sionis Prioratus wrote:

Purely OOC: according to SF author Larry Niven you pour lots of electrically-charged matter (all charged in the same polarity) into it, so that it develops an overall charge of its own, and then use elctromagnetism to move it around...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:33 am

This proposal is a joke,eh? If it's not, I am against it. Scientific progress must go on regardless of people's fears and superstitions.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Stormcliffe
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormcliffe » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:31 pm

Every last 'argument' presented here is both invalid and unsound. We recommend that each and every one of you run down to the nearest bookstore and buy a primer on formal logic.
Your mere presences infuriates me with its presumption.
Deo Gratias

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly