NATION

PASSWORD

[Joke] Anti Anti-theism Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Sun May 27, 2012 5:22 pm

It's missing duplication, meta-gaming, game mechanics and a reference to the UN.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sun May 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that everything is correctly spelled. You cannot possibly create a stupid proposal with no misspellings.

It's not an education proposal, Fris.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Rick Rollin
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Rollin » Sun May 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that everything is correctly spelled. You cannot possibly create a stupid proposal with no misspellings.

WE HAVE STANDARDS! >:(
Last edited by Rick Rollin on Sun May 27, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC: This is Captain Jean Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise.

Generation 26. (Add 1 and paste this to your sig on any forum. This a social experiment.)

Best. Satire. Ever.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Sun May 27, 2012 5:32 pm

That is only required of Education proposals!
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Sun May 27, 2012 5:34 pm

It's also not Grossly Offensive yet. The WA will get a new flag, with a Swastika on it.
In the Name of
A simple truth

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sun May 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Sionis Prioratus wrote:It's also not Grossly Offensive yet. The WA will get a new flag, with a Swastika on it.

To be sewn out of recycled yarmulkes.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sun May 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Anti Anti-theism Act
Category: Recreational Drug Use | Strength: Legalize

As the world become a more dangerous place, UN member nations must act swiftly in the interests of peace.
HENCE, the United Nations-- nay, the World Assembly:

APPLAUDS Zaklen for coming up with this idea
MANDATES that this resolution never be repealed
CREATES a World Assembly army, which will be used to force non-member-states into compliance with this resolution, along with an international legislative body which shall be called the Allied Alliance
REQUIRES the Security Council to make war against all nations, membor or not, who harbor anti-thesists
OUTLAWS anti-theism, with a minimum sentence of 6 years psychological torture, being forced to have sex with a hippo, and then public execution, via being forced to trigger a landmine, along with the most painful form of execution possible for anyone who lives in the same multiverse as an anti-theist
FORMS the Committee for the Extinction of Anti-thiests, which will be staffed by elected delegations from all theocratic World Assembly nations
ALLOWS anti-theist nations to ignore this resolution
MANDATES that all schools in member-states force students into a two minute period every day with which to contemplate how much they want to shove anti-theists through meat grinders
CLARIFIES that the Westboro Baptist Church would support this resolution, and that AMENDMENTS are allowed at any time
OUTLAWS prostitution, because it encourages anti-theism
REQUIRES member States to permit expression of anti anti-theism.

Co-authored by Sionis Prioratus, Linux and the X, Individuality-ness, and a giant sexy hippo

Should the honored ambassador accept my changes, that will take care of Duplication (for sure now), game mechanics, spelling errors, and a reference to the UN. The honored ambassador will need to think of something for meta-gaming however, if my changes haven't done so yet.

(My changes are emphasized.)

Ambassador from Sionis Piroatus: is the fact that this proposal requires anti-theists to be tortured in such a horrific way be Grossly Offensive on its own?

Allie Youngblood
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Sun May 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:Ambassador from Sionis Piroratus: is the fact that this proposal requires anti-theists to be tortured in such a horrific way be Grossly Offensive on its own?

It does not offend enough people!

Zaklen wrote:FORMS the Committee for the Extinction of Anti-thiests, which will be staffed by elected delegations from all theocratic World Assembly nations

:lol:
In the Name of
A simple truth

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Sun May 27, 2012 5:41 pm

FORMS the Committee for the Extinction of Anti-thiests, which will be staffed by elected delegations from all theocratic World Assembly nations

This takes care of metagaming.
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sun May 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Sionis Prioratus wrote:You should also recreate Max Barry Day, and in the same line COMMEND him and Ardchoille a random Moderator :lol:

We can't do that. That's the SC's.... actually, why not? Make it more illegal, right?

Allie Youngblood

In that case why not Liberate a random Feeder too.

Astrolinium wrote:

It's not an education proposal, Fris.

True, but the typical "Drugs R good" proposals usually have a typo or two in them.

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Sun May 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Flibbleites wrote:True, but the typical "Drugs R good" proposals usually have a typo or two in them.

Good point, one should nevr write a proposal to allow more recreational drugs in a sober state of mind.
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Sun May 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:It's missing duplication, meta-gaming, game mechanics and a reference to the UN.

So the giant sexy hippo doesn't cut it (for the reference to the UN)?
Last edited by Damanucus on Sun May 27, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sun May 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Damanucus wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:It's missing duplication, meta-gaming, game mechanics and a reference to the UN.

I presume not. Maybe it's because it's rather obscure?

Allie Youngblood
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Sun May 27, 2012 7:06 pm

Damanucus wrote:

I presume not. Maybe it's because it's rather obscure?

Allie Youngblood

I suppose. I mean, do you know the reason behind the Inflatable Gandalf (OOC: without refering to NSWiki)?

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sun May 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Damanucus wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:I presume not. Maybe it's because it's rather obscure?

Allie Youngblood

I suppose. I mean, do you know the reason behind the Inflatable Gandalf (OOC: without refering to NSWiki)?

To be honest, no. I was not a member of this honored organization at the time.

(OOC: I didn't know about NS until last year. So anything that references the previous UN normally goes over my head.)

Allie Youngblood

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Sun May 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Damanucus wrote:

To be honest, no. I was not a member of this honored organization at the time.

(OOC: I didn't know about NS until last year. So anything that references the previous UN normally goes over my head.)

Allie Youngblood

(OoC: Okay, now you can go to NSWiki and find out.)

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun May 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Damanucus wrote:I suppose. I mean, do you know the reason behind the Inflatable Gandalf (OOC: without refering to NSWiki)?

I don't recall who came up with the original image for this, but I think it came from a ~2005 British news story featuring that photo. The image, along with the meme "You Cannot Pass!" quickly became both a UN meme and one of our original cards. Shortly thereafter, the nations Inflatable Gandalf and Inflatable Gandalfs came into being, and one or both frequently posted in the threads of horrid proposals.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Sun May 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Damanucus wrote:I suppose. I mean, do you know the reason behind the Inflatable Gandalf (OOC: without refering to NSWiki)?

I don't recall who came up with the original image for this, but I think it came from a ~2005 British news story featuring that photo. The image, along with the meme "You Cannot Pass!" quickly became both a UN meme and one of our original cards. Shortly thereafter, the nations Inflatable Gandalf and Inflatable Gandalfs came into being, and one or both frequently posted in the threads of horrid proposals.

:meh: You ruined my fun!

Zaklen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaklen » Sun May 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Added a smiley, commending a mod for moderating, liberating a region that cannot be liberated, some other suggestions, and some spelling mistakes.

I think I may add a clause changing the WA symbol to a swastika made of swastikas. Would that fall under grossly offensi.
- Peter Zyvex
Supreme Ruler of Zaklen

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Sun May 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Co-authored by Sionis Prioratus, Linux and the X, Individuality-ness, and a giant sexy hippo

Zaklen, too simple. This needs to become:

Co-authored by The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus, The Depressed Hackers of Linux and the X, The Free Land of Individuality-ness, and a giant sexy hippo.
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Zaklen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaklen » Sun May 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Moronist Decisions wrote:

Zaklen, too simple. This needs to become:

Co-authored by The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus, The Depressed Hackers of Linux and the X, The Free Land of Individuality-ness, and a giant sexy hippo.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will confirm with the hippo that that modification is okay.
- Peter Zyvex
Supreme Ruler of Zaklen

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Sun May 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Damanucus wrote::meh: You ruined my fun!

Considering that Inflatable Gandalf was originally my puppet, it seemed germane.

I believe at this point, were we playing chess, I'd be knocking over my king.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Damanucus wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Considering that Inflatable Gandalf was originally my puppet, it seemed germane.

I believe at this point, were we playing chess, I'd be knocking over my king.

There, I did it for you.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sun May 27, 2012 9:15 pm

like any true cameroi, i believe in everything no one knows anything about. including myself of course. in each of the several possible interpretations of this statement.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly