NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Crying Over Spilt Milk

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:47 pm

The Maltropian delegate stood up for the first time in long months.
"We note with some... er, trepidation, that section 5 of the second Operative Clause begins with "Create" rather than "Creating". Aside from this grievous error, this proposal has somehow attained the full support of the Maltropian Kingdom."
The Delegate sat down again, for who knows how long.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Sentient Milk People
Civilian

Founded: Feb 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentient Milk People » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:49 pm

I take high offense that people would dare discriminate against us sentient milkians! It's offensive people would try to ban us from existing, much less spill us! We would rather be drunk than spilled but this is going too far!

OPPOSED!

Edlichbury
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Sentient Milk People wrote:I take high offense that people would dare discriminate against us sentient milkians! It's offensive people would try to ban us from existing, much less spill us! We would rather be drunk than spilled but this is going too far!

OPPOSED!

Okay, who made the puppet nation to randomly support my ridiculous claim? Not even I would stoop that low!

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
Sentient Milk People wrote:I take high offense that people would dare discriminate against us sentient milkians! It's offensive people would try to ban us from existing, much less spill us! We would rather be drunk than spilled but this is going too far!

OPPOSED!

Okay, who made the puppet nation to randomly support my ridiculous claim? Not even I would stoop that low!

OOC: It was so worth it. :p

Jagalonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Edlichbury wrote:Opposed due to rididculous circumstances. What if, mind you this is somewhat hypothetical, there was a nation of sentient milk-peoples? What would happen to them? We cannot damage them with this stringent legislation!

OOC: If Knootoss can claim alcohol is a biological weapon, I can claim sentient Milk-People.

This made me lol more than the proposal.
Tokyoni wrote:Hitler's mustache looks weird. Adam Smith was a drunken fatass. There, I've just pwned fascism and capitalism by such "logic".
Edlichbury wrote:OOC: If Knootoss can claim alcohol is a biological weapon, I can claim sentient Milk-People.
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:
Computer Land wrote:I don't want someone hacking my fridge :meh:

fridge.setTempC(100);
sysout("I'm melting! I'm meeeeelting! Oh what a world, what world!");
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
I am a Magnificent Titan who likes to Devour Heroes
All tech.

Edlichbury
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:02 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:Okay, who made the puppet nation to randomly support my ridiculous claim? Not even I would stoop that low!

OOC: It was so worth it. :p

I... I will concede you that point.

The Eternal Kawaii
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Kawaii » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 pm

In the Name of the Eternal Kawaii, may the Cute One be praised

As drinking milk is theft from the cow, we wholeheartedly support its restriction. Won't somebody think of those poor, hungry calves who are forced to go to bed without supper?
Learn More about The Eternal Kawaii from our Factbook!

"Aside from being illegal, it's not like Max Barry Day was that bad of a resolution." -- Glen Rhodes
"as a member of the GA elite, I don't have to take this" -- Vancouvia

Quadrimmina
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quadrimmina » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:19 pm

The Most Glorious Hack wrote:
IntFedia wrote:PROHIBITS handling, producing, or consuming milk or milk-related products;

Why do you hate pizza?

Pizza isn't milk. Pizza is obviously a vegetable.

In other news, the Republic of Quadrimmina lends its full support, and sense of humor, in appreciating, laughing at, and consequently supporting this measure.
Sincerely,
Alexandra Kerrigan, Ambassador to the World Assembly from the Republic of Quadrimmina.
National Profile | Ambassadorial Profile | Quadrimmina Gazette-Post | Protect, Free, Restore: UDL

Authored:
GA#111 (Medical Research Ethics Act)
SC#28 (Commend Sionis Prioratus)
GA#197 (Banning Extrajudicial Transfer)

Co-authored:
GA#110 (Identity Theft Prevention Act)
GA#171 (Freedom in Medical Research)
GA#196 (Freedom of Information Act)

Jagalonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Quadrimmina wrote:
The Most Glorious Hack wrote:Why do you hate pizza?

Pizza isn't milk. Pizza is obviously a vegetable.

In other news, the Republic of Quadrimmina lends its full support, and sense of humor, in appreciating, laughing at, and consequently supporting this measure.

So then what's the cheese on the pizza....? :eyebrow:
Tokyoni wrote:Hitler's mustache looks weird. Adam Smith was a drunken fatass. There, I've just pwned fascism and capitalism by such "logic".
Edlichbury wrote:OOC: If Knootoss can claim alcohol is a biological weapon, I can claim sentient Milk-People.
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:
Computer Land wrote:I don't want someone hacking my fridge :meh:

fridge.setTempC(100);
sysout("I'm melting! I'm meeeeelting! Oh what a world, what world!");
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
I am a Magnificent Titan who likes to Devour Heroes
All tech.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 pm

The Eternal Kawaii wrote:In the Name of the Eternal Kawaii, may the Cute One be praised

As drinking milk is theft from the cow, we wholeheartedly support its restriction. Won't somebody think of those poor, hungry calves who are forced to go to bed without supper?

And unless the Charter of Sapience goes through (which, courtesy of the Anti-Ponyist Alliance, will never happen, quite annoyingly), they will be unable to make such a claim.

Stephanie Orman
Representative, Nomadic Peoples of Damanucus

Okay, yes, I laughed a little at the proposal itself, but only just after I facepalmed. But Lanos takes the cake for the biggest laugh yet in my book. Nice work on the Sentient Milk People. Never though of that one.
Last edited by Damanucus on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communal Ecotopia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Communal Ecotopia » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:1. Write a proposal about something inane that nobody would ever seriously propose.
2. Falsely claim that it accurately represents the position of "International Federalists."
3. ????
4. Nope, still not funny. But the reference to Obama is, gg.

Sensitive much? I agree with you on the substance of most issues and am more IntFed than many on NS, but this is actually pretty damn funny...even if it mentions a President whom I like.
Political Compass -10, -9.28

Communal Ecotopia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Communal Ecotopia » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:59 pm

OPPOSED!

Equally opposed...but laughing my ass off!
Political Compass -10, -9.28

Edlichbury
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:33 am

Damanucus wrote:
Okay, yes, I laughed a little at the proposal itself, but only just after I facepalmed. But Lanos takes the cake for the biggest laugh yet in my book. Nice work on the Sentient Milk People. Never though of that one.

If it helps, I gave him the idea.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:53 am

Edlichbury wrote:
Damanucus wrote:

If it helps, I gave him the idea.

Technically you did but it seems to be a WA tradition to bring up puppets when strange topics are being discussed (like Dirty Prostitutes during the CPA debate).

Natsuto
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Natsuto » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Mind you, this is a bit assumption is that the milk, of all beings, the people's state? They will happen? We can not damage them such strict laws!

Cowardly Pacifists
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cowardly Pacifists » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Natsuto wrote:Mind you, this is a bit assumption is that the milk, of all beings, the people's state? They will happen? We can not damage them such strict laws!

I recognize all those words but this statement makes no sense...
The We Already Surrender of Cowardly Pacifists

Warning: Sometimes uses puppets.
Another Warning: Posts from this nation are always OOC.

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:00 pm

The Eternal Kawaii wrote:As drinking milk is theft from the cow, we wholeheartedly support its restriction. Won't somebody think of those poor, hungry calves who are forced to go to bed without supper?

With all due respect, the average milk period of a cow is around 12-14 months. For the calf the most important period is the first twelve hours. They are fed colostrum for the first few days of life. (First milk following calving. High in fat, protein, and immunoglobulins that may be directly absorbed by the newborn calf in its first 24 hours of life. ) Then they are moved to discarded milk or milk replacer. (The best protein sources for milk replacer are from dairy products.) So as noe can clearly see, the calf gets the superior quality "good stuff" as it should be. In the mean time, when a cow's gotta lactate, she's gotta lactate.

So either that milk is going to go to waste (and that's a polutant under this draft, remember) or it has to be consumed. Recall that there was a certain religious organization that prohibited the drinking of milk during a cerain period of the year. It was centuries before refrigeration and preservation of any kind. Their only solution was to convert the milk to cheese for consumption after the fasting period. Salted butter was also made for this reason.

So therefore, it is only fair and right to so collect this precious ambrosa of life so as to make the most delightful butter, the most dangerous cheese, and of course ICE CREAM!

Which is clearly third to that of sushi and tourist on a stick.
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:05 pm

I would legitimately vote for this proposal. SUPPORT!
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

Buenia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Buenia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:05 pm

That last statement won my support.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Communal Ecotopia wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:1. Write a proposal about something inane that nobody would ever seriously propose.
2. Falsely claim that it accurately represents the position of "International Federalists."
3. ????
4. Nope, still not funny. But the reference to Obama is, gg.

Sensitive much? I agree with you on the substance of most issues and am more IntFed than many on NS, but this is actually pretty damn funny...even if it mentions a President whom I like.

Punchline is funny. Execution is tired and old.

Southron
Secretary

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Southron » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:33 pm

The Eternal Kawaii wrote:In the Name of the Eternal Kawaii, may the Cute One be praised

Oh, but what of the other creatures from whence milk is stolen? Should the cow be held above others and given deference?
I weep for poor the sheep, goats, camels, moose, and others (rats?) who are left to starve...
WA Ambassador: The Right Honourable Duke Bolton
"Roc" Ingersoll - Security Chief
Stanley Raleigh - ambassador's son and squire
Isabelle Noble, Matilda Glover, Patrick Hooper, Noah Brown, Connie Watt, Roderik van der Heiden - interns
Max - embassy's Abyssinian cat

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:40 am

Southron wrote:

Oh, but what of the other creatures from whence milk is stolen? Should the cow be held above others and given deference?
I weep for poor the sheep, goats, camels, moose, and others (rats?) who are left to starve...

Kawaiian religious law says that any species of animals can be used either as working animals or as a source of food, not both. Cattle have traditionally been employed as draft animals (pulling ploughs, for example), sheep and goats produce wool, and camels are beasts of burden, so those species all count as 'working animals' and eating their meat or drinking their milk is therefore forbidden...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly