NATION

PASSWORD

Eradication of Ponyism

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

What is your government's position on ponies and ponyism?

Ponies are delicious! Pass the mashed potatoes please.
20%
Ponies don't exist, they are a symptom of a virulent disease.
6%
Ponies exist, but they are robots.
1%
Ponies exist, but they are simply small horses. Nothing special about them.
25%
Ponies are demons from hell sent here to enslave mankind.
8%
Ponies are sapient beings and some are capable of magic.
36%
Other (please comment and explain your government's position)
4%

Total votes : 168

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 03, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Eradication of Ponyism

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:56 pm

New Draft:
Eradicate Ponyism

The World Assembly;

NOTING the recent spread of the disease known as Ponyism within WA member states;

DEFINING Ponyism as a disease which triggers the onset of a psychological disorder causing sufferers to believe in the existence of sapient ponies which have magical powers. Those who have contracted the disease often form elaborate belief systems centering around the existence of these ponies.

BELIEVING that the disease is communicable and is likely spread by a virus or toxic bacteria;

FURTHER NOTING that the spread of the disease has caused severe disruptions in international relations due to the infection of numerous government ministers and diplomatic staff within WA member states;

HEREBY;

CALLS for the eradication of Ponyism;

ESTABLISHES the World Assembly Center for Ponyism Control;

TASKS the World Assembly Center for Ponyism Control with developing a cure for the disease, researching vaccinations and antidotes, studying the pathology of the disease, and coordinating efforts to battle the spread of the disease;

REQUIRES the World Assembly Center for Ponyism Control to work closely with the World Health Authority and national health authorities in member states in fighting this disease;

AUTHORIZES the mandatory institutionalization of individuals who have already contracted the disease, in accordance with the provisions of the Institutional Psychiatry Act;

FURTHER AUTHORIZES the mandatory vaccination of all residents of WA member states once an effective vaccine is developed.

Abandoned Draft:
Category: Advancement of Industry
Area of Effect: Environmental Deregulation

The World Assembly,

CONCERNED that many communities suffer food shortages due to lack of farmland and pastures;

ALSO CONCERNED that many communities must import much of their food, leading to increased prices;

NOTING that war, trade embargoes, or supply inefficiencies can lead to food shortages in these areas;

FURTHER NOTING the recent and dramatic expansion of the pony population in WA member states;

HOPING to alleviate these anxieties regarding adequate food supplies;

HEREBY:

PROMOTES commercial ranching of ponies and other forms of pony husbandry;

PROMOTES the hunting of ponies in all WA member states;

SUGGESTS that the most humane methods of hunting be used;

ESTABLISHES the World Assembly Pony Studies Institute to conduct research in the areas of pony husbandry, the use of ponies in food production, and the production of various other products such as glue, leather, rope, pet food, paint brushes, and makeup;

REQUIRES the reporting of pony harvests to the World Assembly Pony Studies Institute, especially if a species may become endangered;

ENCOURAGES nations conducting pony harvests to develop domestic programs encouraging efficient use of the animals and to work closely with the World Assembly Pony Studies Institute.
Last edited by Hiriaurtung Arororugul on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador
The People of Aundotutunagir

WARNING! This account only posts in-character and will treat all posts directed at it as in-character as well.

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Support!

Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

Dizyntk
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:15 pm

:roll: "I can already see the pony nations fainting in collective shock at this one. Also, Free Trade? For a hunting proposal? I would think that Enviromental or Human rights would be more appropriate."
Last edited by Dizyntk on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizyntk WA Ambassador Princess Feyalisa Zerleen Profile
What is a Dizyntk you ask? Dizyntk Info
Cyanka is the Dizyntk year and is equal to 18 earth months. Do your own math.

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:32 pm

Dizyntk wrote:"I can already see the pony nations fainting in collective shock at this one. Also, Free Trade? For a hunting proposal? I would think that Enviromental or Human rights would be more appropriate."

Hmmm. Actually, Advancement of Industry: Environmental Deregulation might work better.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

WARNING! This account only posts in-character and will treat all posts directed at it as in-character as well.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:32 pm

As the founder of the MAAPS(see sig) we support this to the fullest.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:Support!

(Image)

Mmmmmm. A delicious slab of lean pony meat. Thank you for posting that.

As a way of promoting this proposal, I am considering sponsoring a pony roundup followed by an international pony cook-off. Chefs from various nations would be allowed to showcase their recipes and introduce everyone to the pleasures of consuming ponyflesh.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:As the founder of the MAAPS(see sig) we support this to the fullest.

Thank you. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:49 pm

FOR!
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:52 pm

You shall run into a lot of trouble with those nations that recognize sapient ponies as human equals. Or run into trouble with those in the WA that adhere to the former situation.

Or something...this is beyond silly...

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:57 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:You shall run into a lot of trouble with those nations that recognize sapient ponies as human equals. Or run into trouble with those in the WA that adhere to the former situation.

I care little for such foolishness. Ponies are not sapient, they are what's for dinner!
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Hiriaurtung Arororugul wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:You shall run into a lot of trouble with those nations that recognize sapient ponies as human equals. Or run into trouble with those in the WA that adhere to the former situation.

I care little for such foolishness. Ponies are not sapient, they are what's for dinner!

I can only hope Your Excellency's wisdom be soon extended to the humane hunting of whales.

"Whales. You know you want a snack."

Yours in craving ponyburgers,
In the Name of
A simple truth

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Sionis Prioratus wrote:
Hiriaurtung Arororugul wrote:

I can only hope Your Excellency's wisdom be soon extended to the humane hunting of whales.

"Whales. You know you want a snack."

Yours in craving ponyburgers,

All in good time, Ambassador, all in good time.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Eduard stood up in protest, "I'm OPPoo--oh what do you have there?" Eduard asked as a secretary passed around a tray with samples of pony meat.

Heir delightfully chewed it and nodded in agreement with the proposal, "phull phapport..hhhmm ponnies", he said with chunks of pony still in his mouth.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Fischistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:44 pm

I strongly oppose this, as it is practically legalizing murder. Imagine if the nations with a predominantly pony population enacted a law that would allow the hunting of humans, dizyntk, or bears, or any other sapient species for food. Anyone that murdered someone could simply say "I was hunting them for food."
Xavier D'Montagne
Fischistani Ambassador to the WA
Unibot II wrote:It's Carta. He CANNOT Fail. Only successes in reverse.
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Anthony Delasanta wrote:its was not genocide it was ethnic cleansing...
Socorra wrote:A religion-free abortion thread is like a meat-free hamburger.
Help is on its Way: UDL
Never forget 11 September.
Never look off the edge of cliff on a segway.

11 September 1973, of course.

Three Weasels
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Three Weasels » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:49 pm

We move for the following to be appended to this: that ponies shall be legally acknowledged as resource in the manufacture of glue.
We're a splinter nation; we believe in Meadowism. We're sapient Mustela Itatsi, distant cousins of the Mustela Erminea and the Mustela Nivalis who shunned the ways of the Meadow for their belligerent beliefs.

We're cheese-powered. So, surrender your cheese. Or else. Yeah... or else. We'll... uh... we'll do something.

Oh and meadows are totally awesome. We love meadows.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:49 pm

Fischistan wrote:I strongly oppose this, as it is practically legalizing murder. Imagine if the nations with a predominantly pony population enacted a law that would allow the hunting of humans, dizyntk, or bears, or any other sapient species for food. Anyone that murdered someone could simply say "I was hunting them for food."

Sapient bears are a myth and a farce, Your Excellency. Now, the only existing kind, the dumb normal bear, is quite tasty and is the main ingredient of many of Sionis Prioratus's specialty national dishes, if Your Excellency cares to know.

Yours in binge-eating bearburgers,
In the Name of
A simple truth

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Three Weasels wrote:We move for the following to be appended to this: that ponies shall be legally acknowledged as resource in the manufacture of glue.

Do not forget soap! Our Chamber of Commerce is collectively salivating over the prospect of supermarket aisles full of pony soap!

Yours bathing in pony blood soap,
In the Name of
A simple truth

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Fischistan wrote:I strongly oppose this, as it is practically legalizing murder. Imagine if the nations with a predominantly pony population enacted a law that would allow the hunting of humans, dizyntk, or bears, or any other sapient species for food. Anyone that murdered someone could simply say "I was hunting them for food."

There is a word for nations with a predominantly pony population: Corrals.

Ponyflesh is succulent and nutritious. You should try it!
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Three Weasels wrote:We move for the following to be appended to this: that ponies shall be legally acknowledged as resource in the manufacture of glue.

Good point. I'll work that, along with other industrial uses for pony by-products, into the draft. Thank you!
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:55 pm

Unibot II wrote:Eduard stood up in protest, "I'm OPPoo--oh what do you have there?" Eduard asked as a secretary passed around a tray with samples of pony meat.

Heir delightfully chewed it and nodded in agreement with the proposal, "phull phapport..hhhmm ponnies", he said with chunks of pony still in his mouth.

Good! Good! Will your delegation be taking part in the pony cook-off?
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Biop
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Biop » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:03 pm

This is insanity, Plain and simple, Ive seen your opinion of Pony nations, and must ask you, How do you plan to deal with the massive war agenst you if this is to come to pass? For they are many and they are strong, Leagion you see, This is an act of madness and self destruction
FORANGES

Scalie, Proud, Dangerous

Terintania

Oh god....Hopefully that waits for a while:P

Oh Christ seeing Cole cause this much, Hudson will kill us.

Apollonesia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Apollonesia » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Hiriaurtung Arororugul wrote:As a way of promoting this proposal, I am considering sponsoring a pony roundup followed by an international pony cook-off. Chefs from various nations would be allowed to showcase their recipes and introduce everyone to the pleasures of consuming ponyflesh.

Another brony in denial. There are so many of you.

Against this ridiculous proposal.
Last edited by Apollonesia on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian
Political Compass
Factbook - (Updating)
"God is not only true, but Truth itself."

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:07 pm

I wouldnt vote on this until "On Sapient Beings" is passed. Then I would liek to see it changed to hunting non-sapient ponies....then I dont know what I would vote.
Last edited by Dilange on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Biop wrote:This is insanity, Plain and simple, Ive seen your opinion of Pony nations, and must ask you, How do you plan to deal with the massive war agenst you if this is to come to pass? For they are many and they are strong, Leagion you see, This is an act of madness and self destruction

Ponies are going to make war against me?

Ambassador, ponies do not make war. They are beasts of the field that were put here for our use. Since ponies, unlike horses, are not fit for riding it only makes sense to utilize them as a food source.

They are very tasty. Here, try this...

Hiriaurtung Arororugul hands the ambassador from Biop a piping hot bowl of pony chili.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:16 pm

Apollonesia wrote:
Hiriaurtung Arororugul wrote:As a way of promoting this proposal, I am considering sponsoring a pony roundup followed by an international pony cook-off. Chefs from various nations would be allowed to showcase their recipes and introduce everyone to the pleasures of consuming ponyflesh.

Another brony in denial. There are so many of you.

Against this ridiculous proposal.

What the devil is a "brony"?
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly