NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Selling of Cadavers

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Selling of Cadavers

Postby Dilange » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Category: Free Trade
Strength: Significant

INTERESTED by the possibilities of new ways to gain commerce and revenue

NOTING that graveyards and cemeteries are becoming over-populated with the dead.

INTERESTED in the advancement of health and medicine in a safe yet practical way.

CONVINCED that nations need a new way to test weaponry and military strategies.

Hereby,

DEFINES:
Cadaver- the dead remains of a being in one's country after they have died.
Bodysnatching- the business of selling and obtaining cadavers for profit or as a donation.
Bodysnatcher- am entity who obtains and sells a cadaver through the legal means.
Bodysnatchee- a person whose cadaver that is being sold by a bodysnatcher
Graverobber- an entity who obtains and sells a cadaver through illegal means

LEGALIZES the practice and business of bodysnatching, that doesnt involves the bodysnatcher murdering the bodysnatchee.

MANDATES that bodysnatching may only be practised when the fully informed, written consent of the bodysnatchee has been given prior to death and only for the purposes explicitly included in said consent and otherwise in accordance with the bodysnatchee's last will and testament.

ALLOWS member states to adopt provisions on how the fully informed, written consent may be given, including but not limited to cases where a person is temporarily or permanently unable to communicate in writing, and on the extent to which the family or next of kin of a potential bodysnatchee may authorize bodysnatching in the event that the potential bodysnatchee's wishes are not known, the previous clause notwithstanding.

RECOMMENDS bodysnatchers sell or donate the bodies to hospitals, military, pharmaceutical companies, univeristies, weapons facilities, or any other medical/military related facility.

MANDATES that bodysnatchers contact graveyard owners or caretakers before removing a corpse out of their grave, crypt, maulseloum,etc.

CONDEMNS graverobbers who steal the bodies from their grave sites without consent of the families or the graveyard owners/caretakers.

EMPHASIZES the need of high security of the graveyard to look out for graverobbers.

BANS the artificial reanimation of the cadavers during the process of bodysnatching or in the period of time when the bodysnatch is looking for a buyer.

BANS the use of selling bodies/cadavers while they are in cryogenic suspension.

NOTING that each nation has the right to regulate bodysnatching for the purposes of regulation and commerce.

(Recent changes have been bolded)
Last edited by Dilange on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Dilange
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Im just seeing the general reaction and some help with this proposal if possible.

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astro-Malsitari WA Seat » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:46 pm

This- I- uh- We- edep-
Ambassador, is this a serious proposal? Because all I can think of right now is Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
Representing the interests of Malsitar and Astrolinium in the World Assembly
| The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium | Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Giovanni Romero, PhD | Chief Justice and Vice Magister of The South |
| The Unified Federal Republics of Malsitar | Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Chandler Whitt, LLD | Citizen of Spiritus |
And of course, Giovanni's illegitimate child and everyone's favorite pervy teen, Melvin Ruiz Walsh-Romero!

Dilange
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat wrote:This- I- uh- We- edep-
Ambassador, is this a serious proposal? Because all I can think of right now is Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Indedd it is, body snatching is olde practice that can be renovated for current commerce.

And it goes with our new motto. "Well if Legalizing Prostiution got passed, anything is possible."

Dilange
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Can i have some feedbakc please.

Masoleumi
Secretary

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Masoleumi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Dilange wrote:Category: Free Trade

NOTING that graveyards and cemeteries are becoming over-populated with the dead.

INTERESTED in the advancement of health and medicine in a safe yet practical way.

Hereby,

LEGALIZES the practice and business of bodysnatching, that doesnt involves the bodysnatcher murdering the bodysnatchee.

MANDATES that the bodysnatchees must register prior their death, to have their body donated after they die.

RECOMMENDS bodysnatchers donate the bodies to hospitals, military, pharmaceutical companies, univeristies, weapons facilities, or any other medical/military related facility.

MANDATES that bodysnatchers must contact, inform, and gain permission from the families of the bodysnatchees befor they take their corpse from the graveyard or morgue

MANDATES that bodysnatchers contact graveyard owners or caretakers before removing a corpse out of their grave, crypt, maulseloum,etc.

NOTING that each nation has the right to regulate bodysnatching in anyway they want too.

Ah. An elegantly proposal dear mortal. As the Necromancer Gadol, I love to see more about death and how we can relate it into the living world. In our society, death is a goal in life and one that is brought to us by fortune and the loyal. we will be able to give their bodies, empty shells of ones who lived a new purpose in the world instead of sitting the ground to rot and waste away such as erosion happens to rocks. Medicine and military are key to survival, we would hate to see organ go to waste and go to the greed. This si necessary in the new international world, may the world see this as a way to save lives more than an actual faction of business and capital.

Once our grand order gains enterance into these hallowed halls, we would be happy to support this proposal. We also would like to see what other fine ambassadors have to say. Everyones critism is needed and everyones ideas need to be portrayed. Thank you for your attention.

From the Desk of,
Azazel III
Necromancer Gadol and Future Delegate to the WA
From the Desk of:
Azazel III
Necromancer Gadol and Delegate of the WA

The Eternal Kawaii
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Kawaii » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Dilange wrote:Can i have some feedbakc please.

This is why Kawaiians feed their dead to the scavenger birds.
Learn More about The Eternal Kawaii from our Factbook!

"Aside from being illegal, it's not like Max Barry Day was that bad of a resolution." -- Glen Rhodes
"as a member of the GA elite, I don't have to take this" -- Vancouvia

Masoleumi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Masoleumi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:13 pm

The Eternal Kawaii wrote:
Dilange wrote:Can i have some feedbakc please.

This is why Kawaiians feed their dead to the scavenger birds.

Why waste the potential? The corpses can be used in science and in militayr purposes. Sure nourishing the birds is ok? What about benefitting society. In the Masolei society, we try to incorporate the dead into society. We have no graveyards because why should we make a dumping ground for the bodies when they can be used.

From the Desk of:
Azazel III
Necromancer Gadol and Future Delegate of the WA
From the Desk of:
Azazel III

Creliatoplis
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Creliatoplis » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:14 pm

I believe this could be a good thing. I would endorse it and vote for it.

Masoleumi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Masoleumi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Creliatoplis wrote:I believe this could be a good thing. I would endorse it and vote for it.

It needs a bit tweeking and re-writing.....its missing the breakthrough of a normal GA resolution.

From the Desk of:
Azazel III
Necromancer Gadol and Future Delegate of the WA
From the Desk of:
Azazel III

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:47 am

Um... could someone define bodysnatching please?
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

New New York
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New New York » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 am

It might be best if this could be written without using the term 'bodysnatching'. Obviously a definition would help, but the term still conjures up ideas of possession/impersonation rather than the use of human remains.
Do not presume to know my mind. If I haven't specifically said I believe something, don't assume that I do.

Lunara-Lyca
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunara-Lyca » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:03 am

I actually like it the way it is

SophiaPetrillo
Political Columnist

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SophiaPetrillo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:35 am

An 85 year old woman looks around the hallowed halls of the World Assembly, herself and her nation admitted into this glorious union. Her stature is Romanesque and short, her face wrinkled, and she is walking through the chamber in her floral dress, support pantyhose, and orthopedic shoes. Around her neck a simple and smart string of pearls. She hears the discussion, which causes her to pause as she approaches her newly appointed seat. A look of indignation appears on her face as he resumes sitting down. She peers at the delegation through her moderately thick lenses on her wide-rimmed glasses.

When the floor quiets, she stands up and speaks, "Greeting, fellow delegates. I am Sophia Petrillo, and I am new to these halls. So forgive me if I seem to be jumping head first into the world of international politics. However, after reading this proposal, and listening to the debate thus far, I am somewhat puzzled that such a resolution is even needed. At my age of life, of course, it would be nice to know some science major at university isn't going to dig me up for some experiment after my time has come. Is it really worth the time and energy of this esteemed body to even worry about such legislation when there are more pressing matters?"
Last edited by SophiaPetrillo on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Matriarchy of Sophia Petrillo
Matriarch: Sophia Petrillo
Most recent quote: "There are two things that happen when you get to be my age... One, you become more intuitive about the weather, and two, corn becomes your enemy."

Masoleumi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Masoleumi » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:06 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Um... could someone define bodysnatching please?

Bodysnatching is the secret disinternment of corpses from their graves that involves a business transaction usually with medical school and sometimes the military.

From the Desk of:
Azazel III
Necromancer Gadol and Delegate to the WA
From the Desk of:
Azazel III

Masoleumi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Masoleumi » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 am

New New York wrote:It might be best if this could be written without using the term 'bodysnatching'. Obviously a definition would help, but the term still conjures up ideas of possession/impersonation rather than the use of human remains.

He has a point Mr. Rocchesloan, I feel that people are getting confused by the term "bodysnatching"....maybe you could posibly change the title to "On the Selling Of Corpses" and just go from there.

From the Desk of:
Azazel III
From the Desk of:
Azazel III

Masoleumi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Masoleumi » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:17 am

SophiaPetrillo wrote:An 85 year old woman looks around the hallowed halls of the World Assembly, herself and her nation admitted into this glorious union. Her stature is Romanesque and short, her face wrinkled, and she is walking through the chamber in her floral dress, support pantyhose, and orthopedic shoes. Around her neck a simple and smart string of pearls. She hears the discussion, which causes her to pause as she approaches her newly appointed seat. A look of indignation appears on her face as he resumes sitting down. She peers at the delegation through her moderately thick lenses on her wide-rimmed glasses.

When the floor quiets, she stands up and speaks, "Greeting, fellow delegates. I am Sophia Petrillo, and I am new to these halls. So forgive me if I seem to be jumping head first into the world of international politics. However, after reading this proposal, and listening to the debate thus far, I am somewhat puzzled that such a resolution is even needed. At my age of life, of course, it would be nice to know some science major at university isn't going to dig me up for some experiment after my time has come. Is it really worth the time and energy of this esteemed body to even worry about such legislation when there are more pressing matters?"

Ms Petrillo, I do humbly suggest rereading the proposal. As Mr. Rocchesloan clealy states that the business proposal requires consent of the family plus the consent of the graveyard caretakers. I believe the Mr. Rocchesloan is trying to generate a new way of international commerce with a traditional practice that is looked down upon by some. Cadavers are needed in training a lot of doctors and pharmacists these days, and I dont see many people donating their bodies to science. So it is worth the time of the WA, if a new way of global commerce can spring up then the poverty line can shift down, making mor epeople middle class or noble class.
From the Desk of:
Azazel III

Vatikahn
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vatikahn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:31 am

Dilange wrote:
Astro-Malsitari WA Seat wrote:This- I- uh- We- edep-

Indedd it is, body snatching is olde practice that can be renovated for current commerce.

And it goes with our new motto. "Well if Legalizing Prostiution got passed, anything is possible."

You overtax, no misunderstood the world assembly target the deeper aim is to conclusion, would you agree with the 30 humanlaws and they not explecite ban of execoution, execoution is frail ? or prefer a explecit 31 humanlaw that execoution ban?
to your propose it harm the civilfreedom, but would be happend when a human died in arrest? does he/she loose his/her civilrights by law? hm..
defending someone without responsibile to the opprese continue the regime

Masoleumi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Masoleumi » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:38 am

Vatikahn wrote:
Dilange wrote:

You overtax, no misunderstood the world assembly target the deeper aim is to conclusion, would you agree with the 30 humanlaws and they not explecite ban of execoution, execoution is frail ? or prefer a explecit 31 humanlaw that execoution ban?
to your propose it harm the civilfreedom, but would be happend when a human died in arrest? does he/she loose his/her civilrights by law? hm..

Did you read the proposal at all? He clearly mentions that the corpse can only be taken if the family consents to it.

(Plus I cant understand you, try spelling things better)
Last edited by Masoleumi on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
From the Desk of:
Azazel III

Dilange
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:40 am

Vatikahn wrote:
Dilange wrote:

Eh-er-I mean- quite-umm.... What the hell did you just say?

Dilange
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:42 am

Masoleumi wrote:
Dilange wrote:Category: Free Trade

Hereby,

MANDATES that the bodysnatchees must register prior their death, to have their body donated after they die.

RECOMMENDS bodysnatchers donate the bodies to hospitals, military, pharmaceutical companies, univeristies, weapons facilities, or any other medical/military related facility.

MANDATES that bodysnatchers must contact, inform, and gain permission from the families of the bodysnatchees befor they take their corpse from the graveyard or morgue

NOTING that each nation has the right to regulate bodysnatching in anyway they want too.

Ah. An elegantly proposal dear mortal. As the Necromancer Gadol, I love to see more about death and how we can relate it into the living world. In our society, death is a goal in life and one that is brought to us by fortune and the loyal. we will be able to give their bodies, empty shells of ones who lived a new purpose in the world instead of sitting the ground to rot and waste away such as erosion happens to rocks. Medicine and military are key to survival, we would hate to see organ go to waste and go to the greed. This si necessary in the new international world, may the world see this as a way to save lives more than an actual faction of business and capital.

Once our grand order gains enterance into these hallowed halls, we would be happy to support this proposal. We also would like to see what other fine ambassadors have to say. Everyones critism is needed and everyones ideas need to be portrayed. Thank you for your attention.

From the Desk of,
Azazel III
Necromancer Gadol and Future Delegate to the WA

Im glad you support my idea. Our president, Elijah Arlen, has been fond of this practice for years. He finds it very beneficial and useful.

Dilange
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:43 am

Masoleumi wrote:
New New York wrote:It might be best if this could be written without using the term 'bodysnatching'. Obviously a definition would help, but the term still conjures up ideas of possession/impersonation rather than the use of human remains.

He has a point Mr. Rocchesloan, I feel that people are getting confused by the term "bodysnatching"....maybe you could posibly change the title to "On the Selling Of Corpses" and just go from there.

From the Desk of:
Azazel III

Im not sure about that.....I feel if I change the title people will think of this less, but people are getting confused by the term bodysnatching. Ill change it for now and see the general reaction.

Dilange
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:51 am

Renamed.

Added definitions.

Added two new operative clauses.

Vatikahn
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vatikahn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:10 am

Dilange wrote:
Vatikahn wrote:

Try again, you can donate your organs after braindeath when you or a relative say so. Hm.., may you change when you get your reletive back looking like a empty basket, oh you can safe people from dying but no one said to you what they do with the corpus because near zero would say do. So, only with a explicit replacement part book and dediciering those parts, the organextraction by selfdecite is tolerable, your proposal sounds inflationär.
defending someone without responsibile to the opprese continue the regime

Dilange
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:16 am

Vatikahn wrote:
Dilange wrote:

Try again, you can donate your organs after braindeath when you or a relative say so. Hm.., may you change when you get your reletive back looking like a empty basket, oh you can safe people from dying but no one said to you what they do with the corpus because near zero would say do. So, only with a explicit replacement part book and dediciering those parts, the organextraction by selfdecite is tolerable, your proposal sounds inflationär.

Well theyre dead. The only one who cares about the cadaver is the family, if the family says ok...then its fine. As for the rest of your problems....I dont understand what you are saying because you use NO punctuation or combine 2 to 3 sentences together. Try fixing up your statement, because it looks like gibberish.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly