NATION

PASSWORD

Drafting Age Requirments are way too low

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Eastern Irish States
Civilian

Founded: Apr 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Drafting Age Requirments are way too low

Postby Eastern Irish States » Tue May 26, 2009 5:24 pm

In My Oppinion they should be out of Highschool Before they can even Apply For the Millitary

We need as a Union Decide If we shou raise the Age Limmite to Atleas 20 of age

In this attempt i say we also inlist only People with a 90 Iq and Up

To Me A Race is not neccary Expcially in My Country

Urgench
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Drafting Age Requirments are way too low

Postby Urgench » Tue May 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Eastern Irish States wrote:In My Oppinion they should be out of Highschool Before they can even Apply For the Millitary

So the honoured Ambassador seeks automatic disqualification from military service to their nation do they ?

Yours,
Last edited by Urgench on Tue May 26, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador in Plenipotentiary to the World Assembly for the Federated Sublime Khanate of Urgench -

Exchange Embassies with the FSKU here - http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67

Not the same Congo
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Not the same Congo » Tue May 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Eastern Irish States wrote:In My Oppinion they should be out of Highschool Before they can even Apply For the Millitary

First, learn how to spell. Seriously.

Secondly, in my country, they should be out of high school when they can be drafted. What country are you living in?

Unions are for buisness, not for the government. You should ask for a lobbyist.

Race should never be a factor in any country, not just yours.

Even if it was raised (which is shouldn't), it would probably be raised to 21, not 20.

IQ tests for drafts: that will never work, because that's invaiding privacy. Also, IQ tests are not the perfect way to determine intellegence. Someone might flunk an IQ test and be a genius. It's all relative.

Even if IQ tests were passed (somehow), it would probably by more around 70-75, not 90.

But that's just me.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue May 26, 2009 5:41 pm

Just to comment, an IQ of 90 is below average. An IQ of 70-75 is border metal deficiency.

http://wilderdom.com/intelligence/IQWhatScoresMean.html

Dr. B. Castro

Valeneska
Attaché

Founded: Apr 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Valeneska » Tue May 26, 2009 6:04 pm

The logic of this "proposal" fails. Since we do not know what the current drafting age is in your country, we'll assume it's 18, as it is in most of the world. Usually, one will have finished high school by this point. In Valeneska, high school ends at 16.

Here in Valeneska, we are not interested in raising any age limits above 18. Whoever wrote this should find a different way to disqualify themselves from national service.
Last edited by Valeneska on Tue May 26, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rutianas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutianas » Tue May 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Paula Jenner facepalms. Her aide, Liam, facepalms. The entire population of Rutianas facepalms.
"Out of high school would be a good idea, but why twenty? Is that because the Ambassador is under twenty? Why only an IQ of ninety and up? Does the Ambassador have an IQ of under ninety? The last sentence though? You lost me. I think you meant that a persons race should not affect at what age they can apply or if they can apply.

"I would like to point out, as the Honored ambassador from Valeneska did, that not all nations are out of high school at the same time. In the Republic, compulsory schooling is finished at age fifteen. At age sixteen, the individual is required to enter into five years of national service. Most often, this is military service, but we do allow for other terms of service. I might even add that our children cease to be children at age twelve. So I'm not sure why it's a concern of yours that our sixteen year old adults are conscripted into national service."

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed May 27, 2009 2:31 am

Nigel continues the facepalm wave, his aide facepalms, and after an additional second Max catches on.

The draft age in Philimbesi is 21, and is only activated by constitutional mandate and a senate vote AFTER 75% the nation's RESERVE troops have been utilized. If the ambassador has a problem with the draft age in his nation I suggest he speak with whatever body makes the laws there.

OCC: Seriously dude if this is RL your talking, just sign the damn paper.
Last edited by Philimbesi on Wed May 27, 2009 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed May 27, 2009 7:35 am

How can any WA nation's drafting age be too low, we've banned child soldiers with the Child Protection Act.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Free Celtic Lands
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Celtic Lands » Wed May 27, 2009 7:42 am

The WA should not even be allowed to decide on anything other then what dtermines a child soilder and ban it. Draft requirements are not our affair. That is the duty of a nation to decide.
Army: 2,500,000 Ground Troops 250,000 T-90 Tanks Navy: 200 ships 1,000,000 Sailors Air Force 200 Mig-21 Jets 50 Ac-130 Gunships 50 B-2 Stealth Bombers 1,000,000 Personal

Following new legislation in Free Celtic Lands, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Survival rate 99.9% on battlefield 30% in boot camp.

Following new legislation in Free Celtic Lands, the Navy has outraged the international community by sinking a boatload of refugees to prevent them reaching the shore. Don't enter our waters.

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed May 27, 2009 7:45 am

Free Celtic Lands wrote:The WA should not even be allowed to decide on anything other then what dtermines a child soilder and ban it. Draft requirements are not our affair. That is the duty of a nation to decide.

You may be able to stand Idly by while children are forced to fight the wars of men ambassador... but we for one are not.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed May 27, 2009 7:52 am

Free Celtic Lands wrote:The WA should not even be allowed to decide on anything other then what dtermines a child soilder and ban it. Draft requirements are not our affair. That is the duty of a nation to decide.

You're a little too late there, the WA already has banned child soldiers.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Free Celtic Lands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Celtic Lands » Wed May 27, 2009 7:57 am

Philimbesi wrote:You may be able to stand Idly by while children are forced to fight the wars of men ambassador... but we for one are not.

First that is not what I am saying. Second of all we do will not stand idly by if children are fighting in a war. What I am saying is that the WA should npt say what age a nation can draft at. Our nation drafts at the age of 20 only in national emrgencies.
Army: 2,500,000 Ground Troops 250,000 T-90 Tanks Navy: 200 ships 1,000,000 Sailors Air Force 200 Mig-21 Jets 50 Ac-130 Gunships 50 B-2 Stealth Bombers 1,000,000 Personal

Following new legislation in Free Celtic Lands, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Survival rate 99.9% on battlefield 30% in boot camp.

Following new legislation in Free Celtic Lands, the Navy has outraged the international community by sinking a boatload of refugees to prevent them reaching the shore. Don't enter our waters.

Free Celtic Lands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Celtic Lands » Wed May 27, 2009 7:59 am

Flibbleites wrote:You're a little too late there, the WA already has banned child soldiers.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

I was allready aware of that. I am just saying that the WA should only do that. The Wa has no authority to force a certain draft age for all nations hould they chose to use a draft.

Urgench
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Urgench » Wed May 27, 2009 9:54 am

Free Celtic Lands wrote:
Flibbleites wrote:You're a little too late there, the WA already has banned child soldiers.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

I was allready aware of that. I am just saying that the WA should only do that. The Wa has no authority to force a certain draft age for all nations hould they chose to use a draft.

The W.A. has the authority to do exactly whatever its members want it to do having expressed their will for it to do so in a resolution.

Yours,
- Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador in Plenipotentiary to the World Assembly for the Federated Sublime Khanate of Urgench -

Exchange Embassies with the FSKU here - http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Wed May 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Looking at just the IQ side of this gibbering - many less intelligent fellows find a career in the military a more preferable choice to other career paths.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu May 28, 2009 4:16 am

The title looked interesting, but...
This thread isn't about finding a way of keeping the immature from writing & submitting WA proposals? Oh... :(
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Thu May 28, 2009 7:38 am

Not just a facepalm button: I need a sleep button. I mean, branding, effectiveness and grammar all need addressing.

Meekinos
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Meekinos » Thu May 28, 2009 8:41 am

We have tried to find the proposal but instead find in its place utter nonsense. What exactly is being proposed? A ban on the drafting of child soldiers? Surely the good ambassador realises that this has already been covered by previous resolutions. A trip over to the WA library to read past resolutions may offer up some insight.
Ambassador Gavriil Floros
Meekinos' Official WA Ambassador
Deputy Treasurer, North Pleides Merchant's Syndicate
CEO & Financial Manager of Delta Energy Ltd.
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Executive Senior Delegate
Educator
The Hellenic Republic of Meekinos
Factbook: Your Friendly Guide to Meekinos
The paranoid, isolationist, xenophobic capitalists.

Malikov
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Malikov » Fri May 29, 2009 5:05 pm

I think that the proposal is trying to eliminate stupid people from the army. ie, people who are stupid enough to sign up at 18, or who can't pass a spelling test

Malikov
Current flag request.
The Official Factbook Of The United Peoples Of Malikov
Official Malkovian Flag
Official Malikovian Seal
Regional Map Of The United Peoples
Defcon:1 2 3 4 [5]
Military: .5% Standing Military|1.5% Reserves
Organizations:The Phoenix Conglomeration
The Trews - Highway of Heroes

In Flanders Fields the poppies grow
Between the crosses row on row
That mark our place, and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below...

R.I.P.
The Conglomerate
Tiurabo wrote:Your forces are weak because you are capable of reigning them in.
"Friendship is two pals munching on a well cooked face together."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly