NATION

PASSWORD

I think all countrys should start this

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Justinberg
Political Columnist

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

I think all countrys should start this

Postby Justinberg » Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Our nations need to to be more democratic. If we did this, many nations would be sucsessful. Also, we should be hard on crimnals. Thank you for listening. Join my nation. Long live Atounomberg!!

Chetssaland
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: I think all countrys should start this

Postby Chetssaland » Tue May 26, 2009 3:10 pm

What is the purpose of this thread? And do you mean more like a democracy or like democrats. By the way the U.S is not a democracy, its a republic. If you meant be more like a democracy, im sure thats the reason you said they should be more democratic. I do however agree that we should be harder on criminals
Last edited by Chetssaland on Tue May 26, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue May 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Is this a WA proposal or a regional ad?

Platypusistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Platypusistan » Tue May 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Though the Theocracy of Platypusistan values your viewpoints, We believe the #1 Priority of all nations must be embracing the fundamental truths of Platypusism, whether they want to or not.

We do agree that all nations must be tough on crime, which is why the typical punishment for a routine traffic violation is death, though non-believers can be acquitted if they declare their faith in Pl_typus, and belivers can get off if they successfully cut down a tree with a herring. Platypusistan believes that this is an effective and just way of delivering justice, and would like it included in the final resolution.

Unless the adequate changes are made, Platypusistan will not accept the current proposal.

Platystani Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Cheztope wrote:is that a yoshi egg??? Original, but not flag-like. 8/10.

Zavizar
Attaché

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zavizar » Tue May 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Justinberg wrote:Our nations need to to be more democratic. If we did this, many nations would be sucsessful. Also, we should be hard on crimnals. Thank you for listening. Join my nation. Long live Atounomberg!!

This is just another way of saying "Every country should be more like America". The problem with this is, politics cannot determine how successful a country can get, economics does.

Chetssaland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Tue May 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Zavizar wrote:
Justinberg wrote:Our nations need to to be more democratic. If we did this, many nations would be sucsessful. Also, we should be hard on crimnals. Thank you for listening. Join my nation. Long live Atounomberg!!

This is just another way of saying "Every country should be more like America". The problem with this is, politics cannot determine how successful a country can get, economics does.

America is a REPUBLIC!!!!!

Midlauthia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Midlauthia » Tue May 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
Zavizar wrote:

A Federal Republic

Zavizar
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zavizar » Tue May 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Chetssaland wrote:
Zavizar wrote:

Well, if you're trying to be Ultra-technical, let me beat you at it.
It is a Democractic Republic...the only thing that makes it seem less democratic than what it ought to be is that it is a Bourgeois Democracy. What do I mean by 'Bourgeois Democracy'? Electoral college, rich representative that were essentially 'trained' their entire lives to be picture perfect liars, and all of their power is derived from higher end corporations that fund them in return for BJ's. You cannot have a Republic without some form of Democracy.

Triniteras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Triniteras » Tue May 26, 2009 3:31 pm

Chetssaland wrote:America is a REPUBLIC!!!!!

America is a DICTATORSHIP!!!!!!

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue May 26, 2009 3:33 pm

How about you guys take your argument over what type of government America has over to General?

Chetssaland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Tue May 26, 2009 3:37 pm

I thought this was in general.WTF? Why is this in WA. It has nothin to do with it.

Platypusistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Platypusistan » Tue May 26, 2009 3:37 pm

OOC: Original poster never claimed he/she meant more like America

OOC: A hopelessly corrupt or ineffective country really has no hope for economic development. Legitimacy and/or ensuring the rule of law are prerequisites for a nation's success. Though economic growth is vital as well, good governance is a necessity.

Morian Intruders
Political Columnist

Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morian Intruders » Tue May 26, 2009 3:38 pm

Who needs democracy anyway?
Last edited by Morian Intruders on Tue May 26, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zavizar
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zavizar » Tue May 26, 2009 3:39 pm

Flibbleites wrote:How about you guys take your argument over what type of government America has over to General?

It'll ween itself out eventually. When a person brings up 'every country should be a democracy', one should expect an argument like this to come up. There's no use in squaking over it anyhow. The probability of people in the argument listening is microscopic, so it is a wasted effort to squak over it. Just start a different subject if you hate it so much. It isn't difficult.

Despoticania
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2006
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Despoticania » Tue May 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Every nation should entirely abandon democracy. Our glorious nation and the mighty Alliance of Dictators have shown numerous times that totalitarian principles are the key to success. Democracy is a doomed political system, for the vast majority of people are simply too stupid and/or ignorant to know what's best for them (or their nation).

A ture benevolent dictatorship with an enlightened, all-powerful ruler is the only true form of government. Democracy is only a little better than anarchy. A democratic system will always be riddled with inefficient bureaucracy and weak leaders.

The will of the people is irrelevant - the only thing that matters is the need!
God was a dream of good government.

Despoticania factbooks

Chetssaland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Tue May 26, 2009 3:42 pm

A republic is really a domocracy, only more stable. A pure democracy is very unstable. Just look at ancient Greece. Oh and by the way, the constitution guarentees a rupublic. Im pretty sure its article 4 section 4
Last edited by Chetssaland on Tue May 26, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zavizar
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zavizar » Tue May 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Platypusistan wrote:OOC: Original poster never claimed he/she meant more like America

OOC: A hopelessly corrupt or ineffective country really has no hope for economic development. Legitimacy and/or ensuring the rule of law are prerequisites for a nation's success. Though economic growth is vital as well, good governance is a necessity.

Firstly, I never stated that they had, I stated it was LIKE stating such. And though politics and economics are different subjects, they go hand in hand. You can only go up the spectrum of success half way with a powerful government, but it doesn't entirely mean that one is legitimately 'successful'.

Platypusistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Platypusistan » Tue May 26, 2009 3:43 pm

One man's democracy is another man's liberal representative republic, It really is a stupid debate.

The Theocracy of Platypusistan, on the other hand is judged not by man, but by Platypi. It is this transcendent truth that puts us above other nations (in general, not in quantifiable values such as GDP, life expectancy, corruption index, sanity, etc)

Kanahush
Secretary

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanahush » Tue May 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Triniteras wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:America is a REPUBLIC!!!!!

America is a DICTATORSHIP!!!!!!

America is a republic -_-

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue May 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Locked. This is the World Assembly forum. If you want to argue about whether America is a thriving beacon democracy, a sensible republic or a good for nothing bloody fascist dictatorship then take it over to NSG.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly